Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Hylian Language

Zeal - - Theorizing

Perhaps "ju" could mean "princess." If "boss ju" means "king's daughter," though, then it could be that Jabun is referring to Zelda as DNH's daughter, since they're related by royal blood. "jer" could then be a declination of "ju," where "ju" is nominative (subject of the sentence) and "jer" is accusative (direct object) - like "You must protect her." Also, "ghi ross" meaning "demon king" could also be declined. I notice in the third-to-last sentence Jabun says "May gwu-oo juss." gwu-oo juss" co…

• Hylian Language

Zeal - - Theorizing

I had a rip of TWW's audio at one point, and looked at Gohdan's clips one day. It seems like the original audio was of a woman speaking "Hylian", which they then slowed down. I could possibly try to get a dump of the sounds again. The two clips I remember the most clearly are "Oh, chosen one..." ("Shiasmidah") and "Go forward with caution." (sounded like "Ogs pretenshi" to me).

• Quote: “Did millions die[...]?” It's said in game that the gods chose the few who would "take refuge on the mountain tops": Quote from King of Red Lions: “So, before the sealing of the kingdom, the gods chose those who would build a new country and commanded them to take refuge on the mountaintops.” This would imply that many people did get left behind in Hyrule, possibly to drown. However, what I believe happened is that Hyrule was sealed into a sort of "bubble" where time stopped, and that "bu…

• Hylia and the Six Sages

Zeal - - Theorizing

Quote from Evran_Speer: “Good points. So, I guess we can safely say that the sages existed before SS and forged the Goddess Sword. In that case, I do wonder why they were nowhere to be seen in SS. For that matter, if the sages at large have existed pretty much from the beginning of the timeline, how do they relate the Master Sword sages, who could hardly have existed in their present form before... wait... sages forged the Goddess Sword... sages power the Master Sword. If I remember correctly, t…

Zeal - - Theorizing

Quote from Nintendude1236: “Also worth noting is the sages claim in TP that they forged the Master Sword. Obviously rendered false by retcon, but by how much? If the sages did exist alongside Hylia from the beginning and cooperated with her as proposed, then perhaps they still had a hand in the creation of the Goddess sword instead.” Quote from TP Zelda: “ There you will find the blade of evil's bane that was crafted by the wisdom of the ancient sages... the Master Sword.” It's Zelda that says t…

• :oght Yagami

Zeal - - Theorizing

Quote: “Something to note- the subset of humans who worship Hylia were sent atop Skyloft, while the Sheikah stayed below.” The thing is that we only see one Sheikah in the game, Impa, and the intro story only shows the 5 non-Hylian races. And at this point, it's not entirely clear if the Sheikah are separate from the Hylians. It might be possible that SS Impa was the last "original" Sheikah, and SS Zelda ordained a new race of Sheikah to protect the Royal Family. That's boarding on fan fiction, …

Zeal - - Theorizing

Ever since Ocarina of Time, the Six Sages have been depicted as having their own emblem that represents their element. These are displayed on the Medallions that they give Link: Sage_Medallions.png What's very interesting is that these same emblems appear in skyward Sword - namely, as a mural inside the dome to the right of the Goddess Statue, and to the left of the Temple of Hylia: SealedTemple5.png The actual mural is here: Sealed_Temple_mural.png This outright confirms that the Sages and thei…

• Quote from Leo_: “...but, if they had voted in favor of it, they could have amended the Constitution just like that? Wouldn't there have been a referendum?” Pretty sure it would have gone to the House, and then to the States for ratification. It would take 2/3 of the States ratifying it for it to become an amendment. To my knowledge, though, I think it would be the states' legislatures that ratify it, not the people themselves.

• ANOTHER LEAKED VIDEO FROM NITENDO

Zeal - - Future Zelda

You misspelled 「リンク」.

• Quote from Leo_: “(Hidden Content)” (Hidden Content)

• I really liked the episode that aired last night, and I'm interested in what the overall plot arc is going to be. (Hidden Content)

• LGBTQ+ Discussion thread!

Zeal - - Serious Discussion

Quote from YoMaNaTiOn: “We don't need more gay characters in video games, movies, books, or any other medium; that will naturally happen if gay people are a sizeable enough population (which they are). They can and will contribute their view of things to the media on their own. Same goes for any other letter in the LGBT+ crowd. We just need to stop forcing stuff onto each other. Just let the universe come to a balance on its own, without 'encouraging' or 'pushing' or 'defending' anything. As lon…

• I really like what's being shown, and I'm thinking that this will be a day 1 buy for me. In all likelihood, I think Cia's time/space distortion will only reach into the CT. Zelda has the Wind Waker because it was an item passed down through the Royal Family. The AT and Downfall might get touched on in a sequel, if they make one.

• Quote from Dayman: “Can you imagine the shitstorm that would result if that was proposed here?” Yes. It wouldn't stand a chance in the US, mostly, I think, because of the mosque. It's a shame, since I think the building is a wonderful idea.

• Nintendo E3 Official Thread

Zeal - - General Gaming

Alright, I'm recanting. It doesn't look like Zelda U will be getting anything more for awhile. That sucks. If they almost showed something at E3 last year, then it's probably a good idea that they didn't. Seems like they don't have much this year as it is.

Zeal - - General Gaming

They said that they're going to cover some games that they haven't covered yet tomorrow. Considering that they've just about covered all of the games except for Zelda, that probably means we'll be getting some info tomorrow.

Zeal - - General Gaming

Reggie. Oh boy. "We're not giving enough love...! ...to Tomodachi Life." >____> Got me excited for a second.

Zeal - - General Gaming

I'm 80% sure that we'll hear more about Zelda U before E3 is over. It has its own page on Nintendo's E3 site, and the text on it says "More information coming soon." Maybe Nintendo will save it for the end, which is tomorrow, right?

• Quote from PandomCastiel: “^How would the Triforce of Courage play into that? It's an interesting concept.” The Triforce of Courage is shattered into pieces, presumably ever since OoT Zelda sent OoT Link back to his childhood. In fact, there is technically no Spirit of the Hero in the Adult Timeline. TWW Link seems to have re-invented it. Maybe Linq is one person that tried to re-establish the Spirit, but wasn't able to.

• I said that I think it would be cool if this... person... was a kid that tried to be the Hero before the Great Flood, but failed, causing it to occur. Both this character and TWW Link start out wearing blue shirts, and they even have very similar designs on them. My hope? He/She's the "Hero that was Never Meant to Be."

• Zelda Wii U First Impressions

Zeal - - Future Zelda

I'm really liking the idea that Zelda U takes place during the era of the Great Flood. I mean, there might be some hints - this pseudo-Link character wearing a blue tunic like TWW Link did, and the fact that Aonuma mentioned that TWW was their first major attempt at a huge open world. I really want that to be the case, now. And it doesn't have to have a tragic ending; this pseudo-Link might not be able to stop Ganondorf, but he/she would still be able to help move people to safety as the Flood b…

• And who is the girl in the bottom right corner of the new official art? Someone from a non-Zelda game? A new character?

• Here's an image from the trailer of Link's cloak. Interesting design: (Hidden Content)

• Zelda Wii U First Impressions

Zeal - - Future Zelda

I really do like this new style. It's beautiful. The vastness of the world in the first screenshot we got is also amazing. And Link is OK, I guess. His features could be a bit more defined, but he's not horrible.

• The web page on Nintendo's E3 website has extra screenshots in its code. It's nothing new, but they're nice anyway: (Hidden Content) (Hidden Content) Edit: Nevermind, they were made available on the page after I posted them.

• Hyrule Warriors (SPOILERS, use tags!)

Zeal - - Modern Zelda

Two things about the Skyloft image: BYBpGR5.jpg 1. There are Loftwings flying around it. I'm also not sure where it's going; the Goddess Statue being present suggests that it's being raised, but the dark clouds and the falling boulders suggest it's coming down. 2. The river leading away from Hyrule Castle resembles the river seen in Hyrule in TWW: View_of_Hyrule_From_Atop_Ganon%27s_Tower.jpg

• Someone else mentioned it a few pages ago, and there might have already been a discussion about it, but... On the second page, in the top left image, look behind Shia: hyrule_warriors_scan.jpg Does that design behind her look familiar? Mirror_of_Twilight_%28Front%29.png That design behind Shia is definitely the Mirror of Twilight's design. What if this game covers lands other than Hyrule? What if Midna or the ruler of the Twili is a playable character? I wasn't particularly interested in Hyrule …

• Who needs SPELLS when I've got MUSCLES like THESE? AHHHH! *flex* *flex* Person below me is Link's Grandma in a bad mood.

• A Zelda Fashion Show

Zeal - - Theorizing

1. Also notice that her breastplate and dress both have the Hylian Crest on them, much like the Hylian Shield. 3. I'm surprised that he doesn't have a Gerudo symbol anywhere on him. What does that mean? 4. That design around the Triforce could just represent light rays emanating from it. 9. Whoa! I didn't think anyone actually read my posts. 14. The technical reason is that they didn't bother to change the texture of the Triforce, much like the text at the entrance to Romani Ranch still reads "W…

• Yup - both the temples and the music are original creations, not from Ura. The project switched from restoring Ura to just being a major hack of OoT. It's a shame that it was canceled. It was going incredibly well. But I digress.

• Quote from Ich Will: “These are the two clips where I believe they dug up Ura files and tried to restore them to some degree: (not sure how much truth there is to that, but...) BhjNPQaM_UU e3hquLNRVp0 The dungeon themes sound authentic to me, not sure if they were part of Ura or if they're just fanmade, or if they recreated the Ura songs themselves or whatever.” Everything there is fan made.

• Quote: “ for nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom” This has always happened. Quote: “ "earthquakes will happen in diverse places"” These have always happened. Quote: “"There will be Famines and Pestilences"” These have always happened. There has always been war, many earthquakes, and disease. We're just hearing about it a lot more because of the way information sharing has changed. Today, we can get information around the world in a flash. We know more about what happens…

• There are still a few secret World Premiers they're toting on their website. Maybe we'll get something after all.

• From the VGX website: Quote from VGX: “VGX will also feature Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime presenting a new look at an upcoming Wii U game.” I don't know if I'm on the hype train just yet. A "new look" suggests that it'll be more info on a game we already know about, rather than a game we don't.

• With that Skull Kid Smash thing, I have a feeling that they might announce Majora's Mask 3D. Zelda Wii U would be cool too, and I'd love to see a new Metroid. It's been a while.

• If we're going off of the Dark Tribe alluded to throughout the series as being from Lorule... Maybe they made all of the dark artifacts we see in Hyrule in order to get Hyrule's Triforce. Majora's Mask, the Trident, the Fused Shadow. Maybe even all at different points of their existence. The Trident could have been the first creation, when the tribe was whole; when some of the tribe was sealed after their first attempt, they made Majora's Mask. That didn't work out too well, since the wearer cou…

• This just struck me: Quote: “The Triforce was divided into three - its tempting power out of any one person's reach.” From ALBW's legend. Could the split we see in ALBW have been intentional? Done by the Sages or Link or someone? We've seen in TWW that the Royal Family is capable of slicing a Triforce piece into fragments (Daphnes and Tetra both protect fragments of the ToW in order to keep Ganondorf from getting it). Ganon getting the piece after ALttP could have been a side effect of the split…

• Quote from ASBW: “I got a crazy theory: It's kind of like what Zeal posted above me... Anyways, what if the Triforce grants the wish of the person with an unbalanced heart and then splits? This would potentially explain the issue with the Triforce claiming to have granted Ganon's wish in ALttP. When Ganondorf infiltrated the Sacred Realm, he was granted a wish that transformed it into the Dark World. Then, the Triforce split, going to Link, Zelda, and himself. The same thing happens to ALttP Lin…

• Official Handheld Zelda Help Thread

Zeal - - Classic Zelda

I see. I like it when a story keeps you guessing, and so that's nice to hear. I find it really difficult to trust Hilda, though. She's all like, (Hidden Content) Oh, and is (Hidden Content)