Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 928.
  • 2 Holden 2 Art

Holden - - Creative Corner

(Hidden Content)

• Yeah, I do not enjoy Wolf of Wall Street. Also, now that you've watched The Maltese Falcon, make some time to watch Brick if you haven't!

• 2018 Albums

Holden - - Entertainment

Quote from goronmario: “is QUARTERTHING worth picking up? ” I think so, yeah. Joey's a really exciting rapper. I like iiiDrops slightly more, but they're hard to compare because Joey's tuning into different influences on QUARTERTHING. The mixing is weird sometimes but in general I like it all the way through. Here's my favorite song from the album: youtube.com/watch?v=D9fp71pYcNQ

• 2018 Albums

Holden - - Entertainment

Quote from Galedeep: “Quote from Holden: “Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE ” How is this? I added it to my library but removed it after about a month having not listened to it because I don't have like two straight hours free to sit down and listen to a Lupe Fiasco record in 2018. ” Much better than DROGAS Light. Overall, I like it but it hasn't compelled me to listen to it much since its release like Tetsuo & Youth did.

• 2018 Albums

Holden - - Entertainment

Here's everything new that I've listened to from this year since I last updated in August: 2 Mello - Memories of Tokyo-To: An Ode to Jet Set Radio 2 Mello - Trunk Fiction Anderson .Paak - Oxnard Ariana Grande - Sweetener BROCKHAMPTON - iridescence Joey Purp - QUARTERTHING joji - Ballads 1 Justin Courtney Pierre - In the Drink Kali Uchis - Isolation Kamasi Washington - Heaven and Earth Kami - Very Slight Keiichi Okabe - Orchestral arrangements of music from NieR and NieR: Automata Leo Kalyan - Th…

• 2018 Albums

Holden - - Entertainment

I haven't updated my list since February and tbh I have not listened to a ton this year I guess. Here's the additions to my list:: Beyoncé & JAY-Z - EVERYTHING IS LOVE Blood Orange - Negro Swan* Florence + The Machine - High As Hope The Internet - Hive Mind* Jamie T - B Sides (06 - 17)* Lydia - Liquor mewithoutyou - [untitled] e.p. Now, Now - Saved Pusha T - Daytona Richard Edwards - Verdugo *Designates that I haven't listened to these yet Anik Khan just put out a new single that I am all about:…

• 2 Holden 2 Art

GdHacL.png My team and I finished our little game, yay! You can find it here. I haven't actually had a chance to play it yet because I was unavailable for the last few days of the jam, but I'm really proud of the work we did and I learned a lot, particularly when it comes to dialogue systems.

• Quote from Axius27: “I'm 700 words into my new story (yes it's been 10 days and I've only written 700 words, shush), ” The important thing is that you're writing! Progress, no matter how small, is good. I've been struggling a lot lately with making writing habitual again. Part of the issue is that I'm rarely in the mood to write these days (though I want to be), but it's kind of like eating for me where the first bite always reminds me how hungry I am. Writing is fun, but it's also work. I just …

• 2018 Albums

Holden - - Entertainment

my emo ass has to mention "tonya," too. i'm really excited for this album.

• 2 Holden 2 Art

Quote from Holden: “sVZOGsE.gif FLOWERBOY™™™ ” I just uploaded the prototype I made for this game over at itch.io. The page is here. I worked on the game for about 2 weeks independently last summer. I stopped working on it because from a design perspective I couldn't figure out where to go with it. I still like the idea of platforming with plants though and want to return to it eventually.

• 2 Holden 2 Art

My First Game Jam is in full swing and this time around I'm working with a team of friends. I'm sharing the programming duties and have kind of naturally been doing a lot of project management. The others are working on art, writing, and helping with the programming here and there. Our game is called Nettle's Quest and in it you play as a frog living in an Animal Village. There's a magic spring, lots of lore, and a story built around a trading quest like you'd see in the Zelda games (our specifi…

• White Guilt

Holden - - Serious Discussion

Quote from Lucretia: “To paraphrase Kat Blaque: To take these conversations around systemic racism or sexism, and to turn them into introspective moments through guilt, and to make them about your own personal actionsfor your comfort (or lackthereof), is missing the point and derailing the conversation. My issue with people who claim that I am trying to make them feel guilty is that on the other side of that thought is that I want some sort of action to come from their guilt. I don’t want you to…

• oh gosh i had forgotten about the owl mail. good idea but those posts have aged poorly eeep. i think a thread for my first game jam is a cool idea! i'm participating with a few friends

• The Blackwell series is great. Check out The Shivah (by the same creator) if you haven't already.

• ye is a bad album i only listened to like half of kids see ghosts and i liked it more than ye, but idk that i'll really dig into it

• I love Obi-Wan and Ewan McGregor but I don't think an Obi-Wan film should be made unless he's just a periphery character. The story you may want to see told with him has already been done in the Rebels series.

• Solo is never really good but it's not bad either. Boring at worst. Still had fun while watching it, though I haven't thought of it at all since.

• as someone who enjoys "walking sims," i can say definitively that firewatch is much better. it is very much indebted to dear esther as a forerunner of the genre, but the experience of playing firewatch is engaging on many more levels. you do more than follow a linear path and the movement and story are much better.

• "Make Me Feel" is the song of the summer. That's right, the song of the summer.

• The Writers' Pad III: Pad Thai

It's totally normal to feel frustrated. As long as you're still excited about the story you're telling I would just push through. No one's ever completely happy with their first draft. And tbh I find that stories don't really come together until revision. So get it all down now and tighten it later. I'm sure it'll be great. :')

• Both my parents are Lebanese, but I was born and raised in the United States. In Lebanon, people have all kinds of skintones. I have family that is visibly brown, others that are not. I pass for white though and I grew up as a kid thinking I was white until 9/11, after which suddenly my family and I felt very other. I tried ignoring it for a long time, and that sort of worked because I passed, but then I would have people being blatantly racist about Arabs in front of me not realizing I was one …

• Quote from Ty.: “Well... I finished Nier. (Hidden Content) ” You made the right decision. Edit: Nier: Automata is a game about human connection. When it came time to make the final decision I hesitated, but chose to give up my save data for another user a moment later. It was not a complicated calculation for me.

• 2 Holden 2 Art

RGEVrsY.png SLOP inspired by Forth Wanderers Also, thank you to everyone who voted for Red & Blu in the ZU 2017 Winter Awards! (✿◠‿◠) (Hidden Content)

• I rewatched Creed last night and man, that is such a good movie.

• ... Interesting. While I think this is unprecedented, I deeply love weird crossovers like this and am going to be praying every night that one day I can dress Noctis up as Goku.

• screenshots i've seen have not been encouraging... it's very disappointing, especially considering the quality of recent ports of final fantasy 10, 12, and (soon) 15. i guess this chrono trigger port was a quick buck for them.

• 2018 Albums

Holden - - Entertainment

Quote from Sólsetur: “ well, ill be sure to ignore that if i ever decide to check out the rest of his discography i feel like all new artists, especially ones who will end up doing "different" stuff end up having a bad album mixed in here and there - just kinda comes with the territory i guess? the good comes from learning what worked and what didn't work, and then reapplying” that ep is just kind of like... it's all bad crew songs and groan-inducing rap bravado. totally forgettable. Quote: “ is…

• 2018 Albums

Holden - - Entertainment

youtube.com/watch?v=tGRzz0oqgUE The new Janelle Monáe song is super good. Definitely looking forward to her album. Quote from Sólsetur: “WWW. THIS ALBUM. WAS GREAT. I love it so much. ” It's surprisingly great! I say surprisingly because while I loved 2014's .wav Theory Towkio's Community Service 2 EP was kind of bad imo. I'm glad this is more the former than the latter. (Hidden Content)

• bzzzt as in meh, i'm guessing i had plans to see the movie this weekend. had to move those around so hopefully i get around to it during the week.

• Quote from Windra: “In all the Monster Hunter games I've owned and played...which is a grand total of 3 (Freedom 2, Freedom Unite, 3 Ultimate), I've constantly sucked at them and eventually gave up on them altogether. Should I give World a go...? With all the buzz around it, it sounds like a solid game, but my experience with MH has been so...meh, I don't know what to think. ” From people who I follow on Twitter who have gone through the same thing, World seems to be the one that finally clicked…

• JESSICA JOOOOONES youtu.be/hSvnepZS26s

• anyone have any advice on how i should watermark/sign my art?

• @Mozly Alice You are falling in love with systems-driven games :') I have had Stellaris in my library for a year and I think this is the month I finally play it. Soon, I'll have some more attention-demanding stuff done and I'll be able to let myself fully fall into it.

• I haven't watched any of the Best Picture nominees. But I wanted to watch half of them already, so I'm gonna get to those soon and maybe watch the rest if I find the time.

• Haiku Game!

hey thread, it's me, dad. been awhile, huh? know that i am proud of you!

• Quote from Vynrah: “I don't blame the women for acquiescing to the actions they did because (beyond the power dynamic) women are just socially conditioned to acquiesce/accommodate this sort of thing...and in the same sense I feel like men are largely socially conditioned to press and pressure in the ways described. Its infuriating and its wrong and it shouldn't be happening...but this isn't a phenomenon unique to a subset of bad or powerful people...it feels like this is just largely the reality…

• From everything I've heard, it's probably going to appeal to you the most if you're a huge JRPG fan. Otherwise feel free to skip it.

• congrats to all the winners! if you're interested in seeing my award winning artwork and other works of mine, my art thread is linked in my signature.

• Yeah, the mobile versions of Mom Hid My Game are legit some of the funniest things I played this year. They are free on mobile, yeah, but they're supported by ads and I would have had no problem paying for them if that was the route they chose.

• How Do You Like Your Coffee?

Holden - - General Chit-Chat

me, always giphy.gif i like my coffee black. if i want something a bit lighter i'll have it with soy milk.