Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 938.
  • I'm actually a sucker for rhythm games (I adore Final Fantasy: Theatre Rhythm for the 3DS), so I'm excited about this game. Gives me even more reason to go out and buy my Switch already! Plus, we can play as Zelda!

• Unfortunately this is another zombie thread so I'm going to have to close it. Feel free to make a new thread on the topic though! It's always fun to come up with fan names for unnamed stuff in the series.

• Hyrule Field Size

Violetlight - - Theorizing

This zombie thread is almost a year old, so head shot for you.

• Zelda Headcanons

Sorry it's taken a while to respond. Quote from Chateau Romania - Lite: “@Violetlight I really would love that idea, I think it's incredibly beautiful, but I find a few things very strange about it or things that don't link up very well. The Forest of BotW is in a very different location compared to where it was in OoT, so his Kokiri home shouldn't be Northward. Also, in the Creating a Champion book it's noted that the 7 stones surrounding the Pedestal are meant to represent the 7 Sages. One pie…

• Zelda Headcanons

My headcanon as to why the Master Sword's pedastal is in the woods in the DT and BotW: After the Hero of Time's defeat at the hands of Ganon, he was buried in his home, Kokiri Forest, in front of the Deku Tree Sprout. The Master Sword was used to mark his grave. So the Master Sword's pedestal is the Hero of Time's gravestone. Nintendo trying to disconnect BotW's Deku Tree from the previous incarnations is just dumb, IMO.

• Termina cannot be a creation of Majora's Mask. An in-game cutscene shows Tatl and Tael playing with Skull Kid in Termina Field lomg before he got the mask. And in-game evidence trumps any guidebook. However, please get back on topic. There are other threads that debate the reality of Termina.

• @Ruki That story was creepy as all hell.

• So I got the latest Pern book from the library, and read it in a day! "Dragon's Choice", by Anne McCaffrey's daughter, Gigi McCaffrey. Anne's son Todd has wrote several books now in the Pern series, so it's interesting to see her other child's perspective. It's also comforting to know the series will continue after Anne's death in 2011. Unlike Todd's books, which take place mostly in the Third Pass of Pern's history and feature his own characters, "Dragon's Choice" continues the story of one of …

• What all the ZeLink shippers think of when somebody says BotW Link loves horses

• I don't remember there being any side scrolling in ALBW except for maybe the wall walking parts, but those were too distinct to be classified as "side scrolling", IMO.

• My own theory is that the Interlopers consisted of disgruntled Shiekah, Gerudo and the "ancient tribe" from Termina. So from that line of thinking, it's possible that Majora's Mask (the unstable prototype) and the Fused Shadow (the less powerful but safer 'production model') could have had Gerudo influences in both of their designs. Majora's Mask's sun ray-like spikes and the Fused Shadow's snake imagery seems to point at such. I don't think the Gerudo were solely responsible for either mask's c…

• Love this piece, especially the beautiful oboe solo at the beginning. However, I don't think it quite fits the tone of the Deku Tree's story of the Golden Goddesses. The music in-game seems more suiting. Just IMO.

• Just re-read "Dragonseye" by Anne McCaffrey. It's the only book in the Dragonriders of Pern series to take place in yhe Second Pass of Pern's history, about 250 years since the original colonists came to the planet. Pern's social system of Holds, Crafthalls and Dragon Weyrs is well-established, but the Pernese still remember Earth at this point and haven't yet lost all their technology. Basically, it's an interesting middle ground between the series' sci-fi beginnings and the more fantasy-like s…

• Zelda Headcanons

Regarding the Golden Goddesses: My headcanon is that they are specifically gods of creation. The reason they almost never interfereon Hyrule's behalf to deal with Demise/Ganon/insert threat here is that they can't. It's outside their divine expertise to destroy something. The one time they tried, in Wind Waker's backstory, they ended up Creating the Great Sea, and destroying everything else. Perhaps Hyrule needs a specific God of Destruction to balance things out. Maybe that was the Fierce Diety…

• Awesome thread @Ruki! When it comes to research, I would like to add a few pointers of my own, from my experience writing/worldbuilding. In sci fi, when designing a new, exciting alien race, it's good to know at least a little about real world biology and ecology. Assuming a carbon based, oxygen-breathing biosphere, take a look at what worked and what didn't throughout the long, evolutionary history of Earth. Say, for example, you have a roughly humanoid alien race that has wings and can fly. Pr…

• When searching for Shrines/Koroks, I found the "Track your progress" feature (or whatever it was called) from DLC 1 was a godsend. Need help figuring out where to go? Just check your map, and go where you haven't been to yet!

• Favorite Zelda item?

Violetlight - - General Zelda

Love the Ball and Chain in Twilight Princess. The mini boss you got it from reminded me of the first boss in ALttP, so actually getting his weapon was amazing! Plus it was just so fun to smash enemies' faces in with it! If non-canon items are included, I'm also partial to Zelda's rapiers in Hyrule Warriors. I was on the fencing team in university, and seeing my sword style (well, close enough) in games is very rare.

• ^ I would have LOVED a forest-themed, traditional dungeon for getting all the Koroks! That would have been amazing! Alas, it was not to be.

• Hyrule Conquest

Violetlight - - Creative Corner

@UndyingNephalim Did you see you won Creator of the Month in December? You totally deserve it! Congrats!

• Why bother even getting all 900 Koroks? I tried getting just enough to fully upgrade the inventory in my playthrough, but I just thought "f*** it!" after about 300-ish of the little buggers. Unless you really, really want Hetsu's giant golden turd.

• Small Breath of the Wild theories

Mod Note: This thread is for small BotW theories, so one, maybe two-post little ideas about the game. If you want to elaborate on larger topics, please start a new thread or find a more relevant one. Also please keep back and forth conversations to PMs.

• @MVS I believe a Zelda version of this fine Imperial gentleman is the caliber of villain you are looking for, specifically, his original incarnation: 0*W-xuTvu6KVq6_X7b.jpg Grand Admiral Thrawn The reason I root for the Empire.

• Quote from TheQuestion: “I'd like to see a cross between the hyrule castle design and more traditional dungeons. ” I agree with this sentiment. Hyrule Castle was the only dungeon in BotW that actually felt like a dungeon. It could have been improved, like have some more unique mini-bosses instead of the Stalnox, Lynel and Stone Talus, but other than that, I liked how we went both inside and outside the dungeon, and basically the entire exploratory feel of it. I was actually kind of disappointed …

• I don't know if this really counts as a "video game" per say, but I've been addicted to this cute little browser game from, of all places, Sesame Street's website! It's a pinball game, based on the classic Pinball Counting Sketches of the 70s-80s. It's super nostalgic, free to play on their website (with no microtransactions!), and just fun! My son recognizes the music too, which is really cute. Play it here! *sings along* one-two-three-four-five, six-seven-eight-nine-ten, eleven-twelve! Do do d…

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from Nonoctoro: “Guardians are a mix between Octorocks and Beamos. ” I know that was their inspiration in regards to game design. I was talking about in-universe.

• Zelda Headcanons

I was watching the YouTuber MacIntyre's latest video when something came to mind: Look at Midna's form when she has the entire Fused Shadow: _mmd_fbx_model__midna___fused_shadow_form_download_by_sab64-dbqeb6w.jpg Now, look at a Guardian: latest Notice something familiar? The same cylindrical "body", the same number and shape of the limbs. Could it be that the Guardians were originally designed to be an army of artificial Fused Shadows? Maybe in whatever Timeline BotW is in, (it could work in eit…

• I argued in an old theory thread of mine that maps in BotW seem to imply that the Shiekah have access to satellite technology. I don't know about them being aliens, but their tech is certainly much more advanced than anything else in Hyrule's medieval stasis world, and in some cases, even more advanced than what we're capable of in RL, unless somebody's built giant animal mechs that I don't know about. As Arthur C. Clark once said, "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from …

• Who's That Pokemon!

Violetlight - - Forum Games

Slobro? *shrugs* I know that wouldn't be possible in-game, but it definitely sounds like a Pokedex entry.

• In a way, the Sages could be considered that "heroic group", especially in OoT. Sure, Link is the player character, but he wouldn't have even been able to reach Ganondorf without the Sages' power. But yeah, the same old hero (yeah, they're different Links, but they're still Link) every time gets a little tedious after 30+ years of Zelda games. Why not let the series' namesake actually do something besides get captured for once? Or let the players create their own player character, any race you w…

• The last post was from 8 months ago, so it's time for this zombie thread to be headshotted.

• I think it looks adorable, and it's a game that could definitely need a remaster. The original/DX are still awesome IMO, but this is a great way to introduce one of the best stories in Zelda history to a new generation who probably aren't as nostalgic for Gameboy graphics. I hope they add in some new content, but even if they don't it will still be an enjoyable game. Looking forward to it!

• Regarding that stone on Mt. Hylia being King Rhoan's grave: Who the heck would bury him all the way up there, in the middle of nowhere? Even ghosts don't dig their own graves. I'm betting that logical inconsistency is the reason why the devs decided to not really mention it outside of game files.

• Don't worry @Guinea, there's no rule saying you must absolutely love every game in the series to be a "true fan". I never got much farther than the first dungeon either. Personally, I could never get into Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks. Moving Link with the stylus ... No. Just no.

• Hyrule Conquest

Violetlight - - Creative Corner

Loved the little snuggle between Link and Saria (my OTP) ❤

• Quote from EzloSpirit: “Two weeks remain! I've still only received the one entry... ” With writers, if it weren't for the last minutes nothing would get done. Expect a flood the night before

• I'd personally prefer going back to the old system, finding random Pieces of Heart (and perhaps Stamina Vessels now) around the world as rewards for quests, exploring, and puzzles. Knowing what was waiting at the end of every shrine just made them that much more boring, IMO. Even the original LoZ would vary things by changing the colour palate in each dungeon!

• @Ruki Does Cassandra have any divine heritage? From my understanding, the only way to defy the fates in Greek Mythology is to be a god, or have at least one god on your side. Considering Cassandra already pissed off Apollo, I doubt another god would step in to help her unless they actively wanted to piss off Apollo too (which is certainly a possibility in the Olympian Soap Opera). If you're just mortal, like Oedipus, you're pretty much screwed.

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from Nonoctoro: “A Goron is sexeless but all are considered Males, they reproduce without a partner by splitting a rock of their back fall and take the form of a new Goron. ” My own Goron reproduction headcanon is practically the same, with baby Gorons "budding" off the backs of their fathers. Great minds think alike Quote from Nonotoro: “Fire Dragons are the natural predators of Gorons, explaining why they hate them so much. ” Are Gorons in turn the natural predators of Stone Taluses?

• Leviathan bone theory, maybe.

Hi @Kenzie Cobb, welcome to ZU! Just a heads up, we generally don't post in threads 6 months old or older. I'm going to lock this one, but you're free to make a new thread on the same topic if you want. I'd also like to direct you to Newbie Central so you can get to know our Forum better

• Zelda Headcanons

I kind of prefer using the term "Zola" for monstrous/"river" zora, and just Zora for the friendly Zora. Both could be considered in-universe as forms of an ancient Hylian term for "fish-people". it's probable that they call themselves (and each other) something completely different in their own languages. If it weren't for the monkey wrench of Queen Oren being a Sage, that implies she's a descendant of Ruto, I'd think they were two completely different species.