Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Whats your fav megaman music?

Jackos - - General Gaming

Despite being heavily limited by the GBA's soundchip compared to the X series that would go to Departure (Intro Stage) from Megaman Zero 2, at least the arranges kind of fix that.

• Just chiming in to boringly agree on the general concensus in both the boxart being bad and female Byleth's design being terrible, I mean it's been a pretty long time since a Fire Emblem character design has been so unappealing to me and I have pretty high tolerance to stupidity in that front given that most of Kozaki's shenanigans in the recent games didn't bother me all that much (heck I was more bothered by the generic armor in Awakening and those were made by a different artist IIRC).

• Hence why I said that rides are still better than HMs, still they could be shoved into some random non-offensive "utility" slot or whatever so that you're actually using your team to travel, it's not really that hard of a solution.

• Yeah it all makes sense until you realize that the most used HM move shouldn't translate into summoning a big wave when it's just swimming.

• HMs should've really just been some utility ability your mons got at some point in the game instead of actual moves. Ride mons are a good alternative but it's kind of silly how you can't use any of your own mons to traverse obstacles and instead have to rely on glorified rentals if they actually have the ability to cross said obstacle, still better than having to rely on HMs however.

• Gen IV Scizor post-Platinum for one (this thing was so versatile it was present on almost every late Gen IV singles team, though no one found it truly broken, he was just a great "filler" so to speak), Forretress also had its fair share of use back when power creep wasn't as absurd. For current stuff all I know is that Pheromosa is bullshit incarnate.

• Quote from MVS: “What would you all feel about VA for Pokemon? Yay or nay? And why. ” No real reason for there not to be aside from "Game Freak doesn't want to increase costs" really. Though maybe there's some storage space reason I'm unaware of, most likely not given how they operate, but it's also a possibility given the amount of different models there are and how bad Game Freak is at optimizing/compressing.

• Quote from TruEdge67: “Shame they kinda already wasted the knight team on black and white with Team Plasma, cause knights would work well for the evil team of games called Sword and Shield. ” That did not stop Neo Team Plasma in BW2 from reusing the somewhat pirate inspired look that the Aquas from Gen 3 had already used, heck those guys even had a giant ship as their main base.

• To add to what was already said, Gen V is the only one where the "third game" is actually a sequel to the first games, you get some minor bonus plot points if you link your BW save to your BW2 one. Also the game with the World Tournament and all the great postgame stuff is BW2 as you might expect, as most of the first versions are kinda meh on that front.

• One team spends X, gets Y on return. Other team spends 10X, gets 2Y in return. That's probably what they think will happen, it's a gross oversimplification but the general idea crossing their minds is probably that, better take risks with the lower budget spinoffs they've been doing.

• Their numbers are so astronomically high by just sticking to the formula, even though it's kind of stuck, 25 freaking million is a number that most franchises in the world would kill for, why should they try to expand really? There is zero incentive to do so, why commit effort trying to reformulate it if the returns most likely won't increase much? Why risk alienating their ginormous base when keeping things the way they are assures so much success?

• Fairy got a gym on its 6th gen debut, the leader even had creepy dollish eyes that stared into your soul IIRC.

• Quote from Sabbo: “I just want to state this early: If they want this game to be a hit, it needs to more than just HD Pokemon. ” Given the success of LGPE, no it really doesn't. By "hit" I mean "sell like hotcakes" which it will regardless of whatever they do because it's mainline Pokémon.

• Pokemon Thread V.??: S&M, Yo

Quote from MVS: “Well... there is a part of the trailer where the camera rotates around the characters in different environments, which can be something specifically for the trailer, or an actual feature. Too early to tell unfortunately. Would be very neat. What else are they going to do with the right stick? ” Either that or it's just some inconsequential selfie feature, one stick rotates, other moves the camera around.

Quote from Guinea: “Why the heck are there two versions of Pokemon games anyway? It's the same game, with what, ten or so different Pokemon in each? Just throw them all in and call it Pokemon Sword and Shield. I never understood why they did this back in the day, and continue to do this. ” Incentivize trading, also some people double dip getting both versions so it even nets more sales, no reason for them to stop pulling this stuff.

Quote from The Moon of Termina: “What? The reason I didn't get Pokemon Let's Go was the lack of Wild Battles. ” I think he means the part where they appear on the overworld, not the "just throw a ball at them instead of battling" part it unfortunately came attached with.

Quote from MVS: “But, is it free camera-control or not? I couldn't really tell. ” From what they've shown there's no reason to believe it will, it looks like it handles just like S/M.

• The Nintendo Switch

If it were Nintendo themselves at the helm I would be inclined to believe the "It'll be different this time guys, I swear!" rumor if only because they've already proven it themselves with one (or 2 if Odyssey counts) of their major franchises already. But since Pokémon is a three-way ownership and I don't see any of the non-Nintendo sides pushing for change nor do I see Nintendo themselves trying to force it too much on them since sticking to the formula with minor deviation's been proven to wor…

• I feel like I'm just reporting that I discovered something that people already know for a long time but after having been on elite and playing matches there for a while I can say for certain that Quickplay is absolutely terrible, it's just a constant loop of laggers, spammers and people with wonky rulesets fishing for cheap wins with an actually decent match only once in a blue moon, it's just not fun. So I think I'll just stick to arenas.

• I liked the scope at first, but by chapter 3 or 4 I was getting tired of how boring moving your stuff towards the next point was, it was even more aggravating given that I refused to let the foot soldiers behind (except Arden... just no, and screw whomever thought the pursuit ring BS was a good idea).

• Well for what matters her growths kinda make her a magic version of an Axe user, what with that subpar skill and monstruous magic stat and all.

• So long as they don't pull an Echoes with the Genealogy maps I'd be down with it, as much as I like the story on those games I can't bring myself to play them again if it means putting up with that slog of map design. FE6+7 is my pipe dream however, and it gives them the chance to fix the stupid things on FE6 with minor changes like the rebalancing patch does (maybe a reasonable promotion time for Roy even).

• Things got pretty heated on FE4 Chapter 5, best part of the game really. ...I'll just show myself out.

• Do you guys get charged for cancelling preorders or what? I simply cancel if I find it for cheaper elsewhere and be done with it (never preordered a bust really, only niche stuff I know it's going to be tough to find where I live). Granted I don't live on the states so I don't know how it works there (here it's basically a glorified hold order except when it's something with little stock, then you get charged a fee beforehand, but AAA games never suffer from this).

• Funnily enough the hook for the game is still garbage in the first hours unless the game magically clicks with you from the start like it did with me and that's only because I was too entertained sticking grineer to walls with the bow going full stealth in solo mode and messing around with the parkour. Hope the rework to the new player experience they're planning ends up striking gold this time as Vor's Prize is such a terrible tutorial for most of the game's systems. By the way DE codeveloped U…

• Quote from The Baton of the Wind: “Jeez how many of these people honestly believe this guy is "taking over for Nintendo." Do people understand how Nintendo works? Ethnocentricity at its finest ” Most people are just memeing because guy is called Bowser and all, very few people can resist joking about such a coincidence.

• Quote from Mozly Alice: “Anyway as I understand it, Anthem is perfectly fun game. But it severely lacks in polish and content. We're talking about a game trying to compete with Warframe which has like five to six years of development and Destiny 2* which has over a year on Anthem. ” The thing with this game is that it was an absolute shitshow at launch, arguably even worse than Anthem is to the people shitting on it now, it's just that DE simply refused to let the damned thing die (because it wa…

• Speaking of characters he doesn't fucking care about, I really need to stop the impulse of using Arcfire on neutral blindly when things start looking very grim playing Robin because it almost never works and only gets me killed, sure if the opponent is an idiot or messes up big time it's easy 40-45% damage or a stock off if he was already very damaged (the Arcfire > Arcfire > practically any aerial combo) but the minuscule chance of that happening is not worth going from 30% to 100% myself witho…

• To clarify, it's clear when an opponent DCs on purpose, you basically wreck them and at the last stock there's a pause, then suddenly your opponent's behaviour changes completely because it's now a CPU filling in for him, then you win and don't get any GSP, on the contrary if you do lose to the CPU you end up losing GSP so that's real nice.

• I'm getting real tired of blocking Brazilians who have so much lag there's a full 2 second input delay when playing against them, whether I win or lose the match is impossible to enjoy in those conditions, the worst part is that I'm using a LAN adapter and all but it's no use if the other guy has really bad wi-fi. Also is it just me or if your opponent DCs you don't get any points from them on quickplay?

• Reminder that there's a 98% chance that the third party behind everything is some kind of evil dragon, bonus points for it being the counterpart of the green haired girl you're looking for, win the entire bingo if killing it involves some method exclusive to the avatar.

• Quote from Canyarion: “Let's hope they're three story branches that come together in the end. And not three separate stories with alternative endings, where you have to play the game three times to get the whole story. ” The problem with having a common thread at the end is that it restricts what they can do a whole lot more, especially if you spend a lot of the game on each individual branch, from what they're saying it's not like Sacred Stones where the divide is pretty meaningless all things …

• @Zetsy Crouton The biggest problem with Rev's gameplay aside from maps with boring gimmicks is that for all the characters it throws at you, everyone that isn't a royal aside from Silas who randomly starts with almost 40 HP on the game that gave the biggest nerf bat to the HP stat ever (or at least compared to the absurd pools that Awakening had) sucks hard and the game also has the lowest average of deployment slots per map of all 3 games, so you have all the units yay, too bad all of them suck…

• The different attributes added another layer of strategy to a system that's honestly simplistic while still being pretty easy to figure out, but only on Conquest I used that to its fullest since it being a pretty player-phase centric game you can play around with the penalties of the better weapons pretty nicely. So a pro for me, would really feel it a downgrade to go back to basically straight upgrades that I need to restock going through the motions because honestly who runs out of resources t…

• Let's see just how much playtime you actually need with relatively low bullshit involved (but still not skipping the terrible story), since I hate grinding I think we can use my Hard Classic files for this (reset time is not counted on these IIRC so it's even more trimmed down than usual, though really I remember reset only being a thing on Conquest sans that one stupid map on Revelation): Birthright: 24:53 Conquest: 40:45 Revelation: 27:31 So yeah, it's kind of a freaking lot if you're not real…

• Even if it is deliberate, it's not used frequently for full CGI animations but rather to mix it with actual hand drawn so I can't really understand why they would go with this instead of keeping the Awakening/Fates style. I don't think it's a cost-cutting measure either, just a questionable decision in my eyes.

• My guess is that Koei is probably helping with 3D assets and stuff since IS hasn't worked on a home console Fire Emblem in a long time, and since they did the Warriors game it's not really all that surprising. Or at least pray that that's where their involvement ends because if you need a worse red flag about the story than IS themselves it's them, lol. Also at least so far there's no talk about separate versions and preorders are already up so I doubt they'll drop a Fates business model on us o…

• So waifu emblem dead horse beating aside, is no one else bothered by the horrendous framerate on cutscenes? Just me? Worst thing about it is that it seems to be a deliberate choice which is baffling to me.

• The Nintendo Switch

I'm kind of concerned about Bayo 3, I mean sure they reassured us and all but they showed this new game with actual gameplay before we've even seen anything about the other previously announced game. Also yay, I have an incentive to play Link's Awakening.

• The Nintendo Switch

Meh, still don't care much about it... on the other hand DAEMON X MACHINA DEMO YAY!