Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 885.
  • In the end, it really doesn't matter what they charge, haha, I'm all over it. This is the most exciting video game news I've heard in some time. So freaking excited to have Halo in my life again.

• Quote from Vulpes: “I wonder how much they'll charge for the Halo collection. Probably the full $60, hmm? I guess I'll have to wait for it to go on sale. ” I'm curious to know this as well. I don't have an Xbox, but on the windows store, the MCC is $30 + $5 to add ODST. Which seems shockingly cheap to me? $35 for 5 games? Apparently though the games aren't actually coming to Steam in a bundle, but will release one by one in chronological order, starting with Reach. The reason given for this is t…

• The Nintendo Switch

GregariousTree - - General Gaming

@HeroOfTime5 If you like JRPGS, there's Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Western /Action RPGs, there's Diablo 3 and Dark Souls. Strategy RPGs, Mario + Rabbids and Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 4. RPG is actually kind of a broad genre, anything in particular you're looking for?

• Quote from Winnie: “@HollowmanOfEoL and @GregariousTree is it too gory to enjoy? I don’t like gross stuff but the show looked interesting. ” Hmm... Well, it's rated TV-14, so it's not like the Punisher or anything. But there is plenty of violence and they don't shy away from blood. There are stabbings and gun violence somewhat often and lots of brawls. The most disturbing scenes off the top of my head are one guy gets torn in half, which you definitely see but not close up, someone gets their th…

• Quote from gamtos: “Quote from GregariousTree: “Yep. That's why I'm rooting for a Zelda 2 remake next after LA, if Nintendo is gonna continue to prioritize remakes. Lotta potential there. ” Hmm disagree. I think there's too much difference between modern metroidvanias and Zelda II. A remake won't do much for the underlying issues. ” I see where you're coming from and don't necessarily agree, but I also don't think it's likely that Nintendo would ever make a straight-up remake of Zelda 2, given t…

• Yep. That's why I'm rooting for a Zelda 2 remake next after LA, if Nintendo is gonna continue to prioritize remakes. Lotta potential there.

• @Moriquendi I enjoyed Umbrella Academy immensely. I think it's my favorite show I've seen since Hill House. It's gonna be another Netflix hit, I think. It has lots of great action, heartfelt moments, charming characters, plenty of well-done comedy, and some surprisingly chilling moments. And it's decently tame regarding violence, language, and nudity/sex, if those are important considerations to you. (Violence does pick up in the second half of the season, though. A few gory scenes.) All in all,…

• Quote from gamtos: “I think the largest difference between old difficult games and new ones is the amount of checkpoints. Some games even have you straight up start from the beginning again if you go game over. Meanwhile, a game like VVVVVV gives you 2 checkpoints on the same screen. ” Which is for sure a great way in which today's games have improved on games of the past. Take Celeste, for example, which is insanely difficult platforming that manages to be so fun and engaging because every deat…

• High difficulty in and of itself is not a case for bad gameplay. I've laid out my argument for why Zelda 2's reputation is at least partially undeserved in the Zelda 2 Appreciation Thread and I won't retread it here, but compared to other NES games, I find Zelda 2 to be vastly more playable today. The design was really ahead of its time, and though limited by the NES hardware, directly influenced significant parts of later Zelda games. It's an unpopular opinion, but I'm sticking to it. I meant n…

• Completely disagree about Zelda 2 not holding up at all. One of the best, most playable games to come out on the NES. There are many things about it that are not intuitive without the manual, which is very common for NES games, but the actual gameplay is tight, consistent, and enjoyable. It's very difficult, but that's not the same as being unplayable.

• Ellen Page dancing in the first episode of Umbrella Academy is the most gosh darn adorable thing I have ever seen in my life.

• Flash Games as a kid

Anybody ever play the Mardek series by Pseudolonewolf? Fighunter.com? Those games were the shit when I was a kid and I still play them from time to time. It's a shame he never finished the series, but I'm pretty sure he was diagnosed with brain cancer and had to stop developing games. Pretty sad, actually.

• Quote from Max N.: “(Also, they should stop having you "forget" moves and move to more of an "equip" model. Once your pokemon learns a move it knows it forever, and you just have to go to a list and choose which four to equip. Let you change it up on the fly, or at POkemon centers. This would have solved one of the problems with HMs without having to otherwise change the system. ) ” I love it! This is one of the greatest improvement suggestions I have ever seen for the Pokemon franchise. I would…

• Told you it'd be worth that tenner.

• To be fair, the change in Ghost/Psychic matchup was not so much a tweak as a bug fix. It was always intended to be that way. Gen 1 games even tell you that Ghost is strong against Psychic.

• Pet Peeves (Gameplay)

GregariousTree - - General Zelda

zeldauniverse.net/forums/Attac…497219d2177ec9bf3e937f882 x 8 I love Wind Waker to death, but this was a bit of a drag.

• Oh, I see. That's pretty fair, I can respect that. It's certainly a more limited way to present a world.

• Quote from Vulpes: “Quote from Avalanchemike: “buy hollow knight vulpes ” It's a sidescroller released after 1990, therefore I hate it. ” Wait, I may regret asking, but do you mean that there just never has been a good sidescroller since 1990 or that no sidescrollers should have been made since 1990 because the genre ought to have died out?

• @Colu Obviously do the best thing for you financially speaking, but there are seriously so many amazing games in the 15-20 dollar range you can build up a decent, varied library without braking the bank. Check some of them out and see if they look like your cup of tea!

• Hollow Knight! Everybody except Vulpes buy Hollow Knight! Also Dead Cells, Stardew Valley, Celeste, Moonlighter, Wargroove, Wizard of Legend, Golf Story, Hammerwatch, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Axiom Verge, Shovel Knight, Into the Breach, Blossom Tales, and Towerfall. Just to, uh, name a few.

• Jorrvaskr is the headquarters of the Companions from Skyrim, haha.

• Quote from BackSet-Chan: “Why would you need three game boys? ” Yeah, Pietro... haha, why, uh... why would you need a bunch of Gameboys, haha... *sweats nervously*

• @Rambo Oh man, just you wait. The game doesn't let up, it just gets freaking better and better. And it's massive! Just when you think you've finally found the last area, you stumble across a whole new section of the world. Everything about that game is beautiful; the art, the narrative, the music, the gameplay, the character designs, everything. And hey, you're jumping in just in time to get hyped for the randomly and unexpectedly announced sequel!

• The due diligence apology is garbage because: - Due diligence is something you do when you're not familiar with something. When you understand what something is, you don't need to do due diligence, you make a decision. Before they said they just didn't realize what 8chan was, they said they had received reassurances that the "nasty stuff" would be taken care of. They obviously had at least some kind of understanding of 8chan's reputation. They chose to go forward with it anyway. - The things the…

• Quote from Rambo: “Hollow Knight is $10 on the Playstation store right now. Tempted to snag it. I went ahead and grabbed Madden 19 since it was $15. I usually don't buy sports games brand new, but it seemed like a decent deal. ” Hollow Knight is absolutely fantastic, one of my favorite games of all time. I'd pay 3 times what they charge for it at full price. At $10, that's a screaming deal. Especially if you're a fan of Metroidvanias, you should absolutely pick that up.

• @BackSet-Chan Wait, what is Pikachu? I thought it was a mouse, haha.

• Oh yeah, I see that too. I guess that could be a little annoying, haha.

• Quote from Winnie: “So I want to love the rabbit Pokémon so much but they didn’t make it cute at all! He just looks annoying. And I like the chimp starter but naming him Grookey is just terrible, they couldn’t come up with something better? Please. I expect more from you Game Freak. And as for the last one.. another sad, sorry water starter. May as well bring Oshawott back, he was the only water starter worth his salt. ” Harsh take, haha. I think Scorbunny looks super cute! He reminds me of Bugs…

• Quote from Ty.: “ Def going for the Bunny starter. Haha. ” Oh, obviously. There's no other choice. It's a little fiery Bugs Bunny. How you gonna pick something other than that?

• It didn't look like it was free camera. Maybe in certain areas?

• Looks pretty cool. I dig what we saw of the region, that one industrial looking city was pretty sweet. Looking forward to more details about them!

• Read about this earlier. It's difficult for me to grasp how this could possibly have happened. Either Brock is a absolute moron and somehow didn't know what 8chan is, or he's an absolute moron and didn't understand/care the implications of what he was doing, and either way why did nobody else at THQ Nordic stop this before it happened? Did he just go rogue and not tell anybody? This is baffling. I'm not usually on board with the public cries for blood, but bare minimum that dude needs the boot. …

• The Nintendo Switch

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, Pokemon has lost my interest in recent years. But I still love the concept and the potential of the series. I still play through Silver every year or so. If this is indeed "BotW-tier," then color me interested! Man, we've had a ton of Nintendo news lately. Guess they were just saving it up from September till now, haha.

• Lol, well I guess I'd fit right in. I'll probably pick it up, you're right that it's super cheap nowadays.

• @Big Daddy Biggles I'm not very good at team shooters, though... You might regret it if you let me play with you haha

• The Nintendo Switch

I don't think Microsoft is planning to exit the hardware scene just yet. They've been amping up their next-gen prep pretty heavily for the last couple of years. I think Ty's right that they just don't view Nintendo as a primary competitor and are trying to get people to combo Xbox and Switch rather than PS4 and Switch. They seem to be looking for a partner, not a sponsor.

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Ty.: “Unless Microsoft is getting out of consoles, don’t get your hopes up for Halo. Haha.. ” Absolutely - don't get me wrong, I don't think it's the likeliest of scenarios. The reason I bring it up at all though is because specifically the rumor being bandied around is that Xbox is bringing the Game Pass service to the Switch. That could mean a lot of things, and could mean nothing. But the entire series of Halo is of course on Game Pass. I dare to dream. Anyway, the rumblings are mo…

• The Nintendo Switch

Sure, I get that. It's just a huge nostalgia trip for me, and I'd love to be able to play them again without having to shell out for an Xbox One I likely wouldn't use for anything else, haha. But there are plenty of other pretty great gems in the game pass library that would be great to have on the Switch. Personally also excited about the prospect of Ori and the Blind Forest.

• The Nintendo Switch

@MVS Dude. Halo on the Switch. I would kill for that. I really want this to be true.