Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Small Breath of the Wild theories

Evran_Speer - - Theorizing

I noticed something recently. zeldauniverse.net/forums/Attac…01a9b4c081fe9ce37634b3910 I could be wrong, but I think this is the only time someone in Hyrule's overworld mentions an individual monk in association with a shrine, though he might not know that the monk is actually inside the shrine. The phrasing "the monk's blessing" could even indicate that the Deku Tree knows that this is a "blessing shrine." I don't think it's surprising that the Deku Tree knows more about the shrines than most p…

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from Mozly Alice: “It's not even the lack of consistency. BotW's Hyrule should be flooded because none of the rivers flow to the sea. ” In OoT, at least, there are underground waterways carrying water away from the Water Temple to some unknown destination. TP Also has water flowing downward through the Lakebed Temple, presumably from the lake above, but I don't think we see it going anywhere. So, headcanon answer: Both of those temples function to channel water underground from Lake Hylia …

• I think that Death Sword theory actually has merit. Quote from gamtos: “The Arbiter's Grounds are an imprisonment grounds for Hyrule's foulest prisoners. One would be hard-pressed to believe Ganondorf was the only prisoner in it, especially with other mysterious creatures like Stallord. ” I'm just going off memory here, but I'm pretty sure the Japanese version only identifies one prisoner, that being Ganondorf. From that perspective, it makes sense that Death Sword would have some connection to …

• Spoilers for Captain Marvel and season 1 of Agents of Shield (Hidden Content)

• Quote from ibLeo: “So did Cloak and Dagger turn out OK? It’s not on any channel I have access to. Has anybody watched it? ” I'm partway through Cloak and Dagger. It's pretty good. The visuals are very artsy, which I always like, but sometimes, a bit melodramatic for my tastes. I've found that I enjoy it more in relatively small doses.

• Quote from Velivolo: “Your reasons above are "Ancient Astronaut Theory isn't real; Therefore, this cannot be based on it." ” If I may interject, I don't think the two are actually related. Guiguitargz was making two points: 1. Ancient Astronaut theories are baseless. 2. There isn't enough evidence to say that BotW was inspired by the Ancient Astronaut theory. Point 1 was technically unnecessary since no one here is claiming that Ancient Astronaut theories are right, but I guess Guiguitargs thoug…

• Quote from Nonoctoro: “It's possible that the Zoras were also affected by this Ice Age and had to move and find a new place for their Domain, which was already occuped by the Lizalfos. ” Sorry for the late reply. I thought of something similar with Floria -- that the Zoras might have been moving from there to Lanayru when the lizalfos battle occurred -- but I have trouble reconciling that with CaC's timeline. The Lizalfos-Zora battle happens in the Age of Myth, which also features the events of …

• Zelda Headcanons

I almost prefer the invisible walls, just because it looks more realistic despite being massively disappointing. But yeah, I headcanon the giant chasm away, too, except for the details in the northeast corner that are actually kind of interesting. I also headcanon away some of the southern sea beneath Gerudo Desert, because it really feels like the desert should be bigger than what we see in-game.

• Zelda: Is it for old people?

Evran_Speer - - General Zelda

Okay, that line of discussion is officially over. Don't bring it back. The rest of the thread may now resume.

• I think that was one of the better sidequests. It really feels like a mission. I recently discovered that the balloon octorocks that hold those floating rafts will rise in response to Link's whistle. It's especially cool if you do with a bokoblin mask on.

• Quote from gamtos: “Why does every theorist create videos as if their viewers have never played the game's source material? ” I think it's about target audience in some cases. Matpat makes theories about numerous games and large segments of his audience are likely to be unfamiliar with any particular game that he talks about. I watched some of his Five Nights at Freddy's videos despite never having played those games. And even when someone has played a game, especially one as old as OoT is, they…

• I've always assumed that the "pointy ears let them hear the voices of the gods" thing was just an urban legend, probably born by the coincidental occurrence of pointed ears and strong association with the Goddess Hylia.

• Zelda: Is it for old people?

Evran_Speer - - General Zelda

Right, I'm locking this thread for now. I'll be back in a few hours for further mod action if necessary.

• I see a few possibilities: 1. They are descended from Skyloftians 2. They are descended from human survivors on the Surface 3. They descended from other humans in the Sky Honestly, they could all be true. There have to humans somewhere other than Skyloft, since Sheikah exist both before and after SS. I could see that being either other sky islands (with the lumpy pumpkin, we know that there's at least one beside Skyloft with full-time residents) or some hidden village on the Surface that we just…

• The Divine Beasts are conflated with gods. It's in the name, but there are even a few examples of people saying it: Quote from Lashley: “That's the Divine Beast Vah Naboris. They say it used to be a god who protected this area ” There's also talk of "appeasing" the Divine Beasts where we would probably say "hacking." I got an Ancient Astronauts vibe from some of it, too, though I don't know whether that's a matter of inspiration or just similarity. That being said, the setting in broad strokes i…

• Zelda Headcanons

That might help explain why Midna's Helmet gives you Guardian Resist in BotW. Of all the DLC outfits, that one's always made the least sense to me.

• I'd like to point out that what I mean by "more open" isn't full-on open world. I imagine something more along the lines of OoT, where you have access to some areas before you're "supposed" to be there and the order of dungeons and sidequests isn't entirely fixed.

• Quote from Guiguitargz: “I'm not even sure that we can say that humans are: 1) The most socially active compared to Goron, Parella, Mogma 2) Technologically advenced compared to Ancient Robots. ” That's true. Even if she was angling to preserve civilization at all costs, there have to be other factors at play (like the ones I mentioned before or just Hylia showing favoritism). Quote: “The effective outcome is saying little about the intentions.It is better to be wrong for right reasons, than bei…

• Quote from Miles: “Am I wrong for wanting the game to be a little more open-ended this time? I know there are story reasons for why we go to each place in a particular order, especially the Face Shrine, but I think the truth of Koholint's nature should be revealed after you clear all eight main dungeons anyway, to make it more of a punch. ” I was thinking something similar. I do agree with the couple of people above that the dream reveal is pretty good where it is -- with enough time beforehand …

• Saving the humans instead of the other races because they're the most socially active and technologically advanced does make sense in a heartless sort of way, but it also doesn't Hylia in the best light. Quote from Guiguitargz: “Yep, so it is dramatic if Humans perrish ... but Kikwis and co can die ” To be fair, though, the Kikwis did survive. The only race that died out on the Surface is the Ancient Robots, and that seems to have more to do with desertification than war. If the "remaining human…

• The Big Theory Q&A

The only thing that makes a Ganondorf resurrection in the AT seem more likely is that he turned into stone. If someone pulls the Master Sword out, maybe they could infuse him with Force (or maybe Malice) and reanimate him. But whether that will ever happen remains to be seen.

• Link's Awakening is a fairly short game, and once you take out screen transitions in the overworld, and use more than two buttons (so less pausing to switch items) it'll be even shorter. Adding some sort of content is fairly important to make this a worthwhile purchase. Hopefully, that will include all the DX content, and some kind of Second Quest/Hero Mode to make it worth playing twice. I wouldn't mind more on top of that, but that's all I'm willing to hope for. Oh, and the art style is fine. …

• I was dueling a lynel on the northern slopes of Death Mountain, when I was surprised by Dinraal flying low overhead. I hadn't gotten to the Spring of Power yet in this game, so I was eager to get a scale. I fired off an arrow or two during the battle, but I couldn't get a good shot while also avoiding the lynel's attacks. Fortunately, the battle was already nearly over, and I managed to finish off the lynel fairly quickly. Calling my horse, Phantom, I jumped into the saddle and we rushed after D…

• I sort of agree with you where you Royal family is concerned, but not so much Hylia. Sending only the humans skyward was probably a complicated decision that doesn't necessarily come down to saving the people she cared about the most. There are good reasons not to send the Parella to a place where transportation is dependent on riding giant birds. Also, while the Triforce was relatively safe in the sky, Ghirahim did reach above the clouds with a tornado to interfere with Hylia's plans. It makes …

• Hyrule Warriors would have been a perfect game to use a team of heroes instead of just Link. I guess it kind of did, but it still emphasized Link and isn't canon anyway. Hyrule Warriors could have been so much better.

• Zonai/Lomei Megathread

Which one is that? The one outside the Hebra Leviathan?

• Quote from Nitro Indigo: “(I once saw someone claim that spirits deconfirm fighters. Is this true?) ” As far as I know, it hasn't been confirmed or denied by anyone who would know.

• Quote from History of the Zora Part 3: “Our scholars say that in the distant past, Zora's Domain had a king with no special talent for the art of war. What he lacked in skill with a blade he made up for in love for his people, and especially love for his queen. One day, news reached the king of a horde of monsters gathering in the Zodobon Highlands. The king steeled himself for war to protect his people, but the queen knew how ill suited for the task he was. ” CaC has this event taking place bef…

• Zonai/Lomei Megathread

I have a hard time seeing the Zonai as Sheikah. We have a large sample of Sheikah architecture from that era -- the shrines and towers, and potentially the Forgotten Temple -- and we can extrapolate from the similarities in Yiga and Kakarikoan architecture back to their shared original culture. The only thing I see that lines up well is the use of animal statues in general -- the Zonai have dragons, owls, and boars, of course, Kakariko has some frog statues, and the area outside the Yiga base al…

• Not just an unimportant side character in a Zelda game who also appears in another game that no one knows, but also my favorite character from Link's Awakening and also the star of a theory of which I'm rather fond. In other words, I'm biased here. (I'd take Skull Kid and maybe Impa over Richard, too, but Ganon is already a fighter and a boss. He's one of my last choices for a Zelda newcomer.)

• Mod note: This discussion is both off-topic and decidedly heated. Let's put a stop to it and get back to the actual purpose of the thread. If either of you (or anyone else) wants to discuss reasons why Hylia chose humans to send skyward or the moral standing of the Royal Family, you're welcome to do so. They're both interesting topics. But if you do so, please mind your tone. Being passive-aggressive or condescending isn't good for anyone.

• Quote from Miles: “On the one hand, I'm really hoping for Shantae. On the other, she probably doesn't count as "unexpected". Well, at least she got some kind of acknowledgement. :/ ” scholar.gif But since you ruled out Shantae for not being unexpected, you aren't expecting her, so now she's unexpected. Quote: “Quote from Max N.: “Unless... they give us Richard? Which, double-whammy because he was also the star of For Frog the Bell Tolls. ” Actually, Richard was the rival. The Prince of Sablè was…

• Quote from Guiguitargz: “That's 100% a Goron statue ... It being MM-Darmani is an interpretation. ” It being a Goron statue is also an interpretation, though. It could be a Goron-looking Hylian, along the lines of Rosso. It could be a natural rock formation for all we know.

• I'm don't care much for Ganondorf's WW monologue for the most part, but that last "Your gods destroyed you!" hits hard. Barely even a quote, but shortly after you meet Midna, she hums her own theme song. I always liked that. "Enough. I follow the strongest side! …that is all I have ever known." — King Bulblin King Bulblin is the first major enemy in TP, and I like that rather than simply being slain in combat and forgotten about, he gets sort of a respectful exit, coming to share a sort of mutua…

• Zelda Geography

Oh, right, forgot about the Master Sword.

• My headcanon is that the gate hadn't been blocked yet, but the Sheikah (somehow) caused a landslide to cover their path and slow down the guardians in pursuit. Quote from Violetlight: “Who the heck would bury him all the way up there, in the middle of nowhere? Even ghosts don't dig their own graves. ” CaC says that there was probably a battle on the Great Plateau. I think the implication is that Rhoam died there and the survivors gave him the best grave they could. I mean, it doesn't seem very l…

• Zelda Geography

Quote from Guiguitargz: “So for Ordon-Faron it is a 180 deg rotation, but for the rests is more like ~100 deg rotation. As I said, non-uniform metric. ” Follow-up question: Why rotate Ordon-Faron to a different degree, instead of just placing it in the Tabantha region? Is it just for the trees? Not that that's a bad region, just wondering if there's more.

• Small Breath of the Wild theories

I just saw that video myself. Quote from gamtos: “And can you explain the reasons why Zeltik thinks what he thinks ” - In the game's files, the rock is listed as "FLDOBJ_KINGSTOMB_A_01." (I don't know much about computer code, but Zeltic reads "FLDOBJ" as "field object.") - CaC (page 225) mention's that the King's grave is on the Plateau, though it doesn't single out that rock as the site. I'll add that the Champion spirits seem to by mostly constrained to their own Divine Beasts, where they die…

• Here are a few of mine: "We're doomed! I mean, don't panic! Sorry, who are you?" — Brigo "[If] I could only ever think about dragons, I absolutely would." -- Totsuna "Enter the space where the eyes have walls" -- Some statue or something in Link's Awakening. That last one is among my favorite Zelda puzzles.

• Zonai/Lomei Megathread

Thank you very much for that map. Pretty impressive work. Quote from Guiguitargz: “The Sheikah Tower seems to have broken ruins of a road when activated. This would imply that the Tower was bellow the Zonai ruins, and thus older. However, the mazes have clearly been built before the shrine, and the Thyphlo ruins too. ” Do we actually know that the towers were on the surface for the First Calamity? Perhaps they were built or teleported underground. Although I'm becoming more convinced that the An…