Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • I've only played like 4 hours of the first Kingdom Hearts (reached Alice in Wonderland) and movement definitely feels very jarring. Jumping is clunky, movements are very stiff, and certain actions such as jumping to grab onto a tree, ladder, or tightrope is very unresponsive. I actually did enjoy what I've played so far, but the game definitely is very outdated.

• Quote from Vulpes: “Quote from Max N.: “Onto the narrative stuff. It's a game about androids fighting to protect the last remnants of humanity from "machine lifeforms" that have overtaken the earth. Sounds generic as hell, but the game leans heavily into themes of what it means to be conscious, created beings grappling with why they were created, questions about why these proxies are fighting for their creators. ” I haven't played the game, but if this is so, I think it was a mistake to make the…

• @MVS I'm not sure if Nier Automata can be compared to Xenoblade Chronicles 2. One is what I believe is an Action RPG while the other is a JRPG with more emphasis on a complex, but very enjoyable combat system with more detailed customization and emphasis on team-building. If you love story-driven games in general, then I do think you will enjoy Nier Automata as it has a more philosophical and darker story than anything Xenoblade has. If this helps, the game certainly does explore the relationshi…

• Hero's Shade - - "Go and do not falter, my child!" I know it's a weird quote to have as a personal favorite, I love the quote given how symbolic it is of the Hero of Time's journey, how he became a hero who carried his own legacy only to be plunged into a new world/timeline where he lived a life full of regret of not being able to live up to his own legacy and pass it to the next generation. And now, his regret and sorrow could end when TP Link can carry his own legacy and pass on his legacy to …

• Meanwhile, the weather here is that it's all covered in snow and is ~30F. Not too bad though considering the store I worked had multiple call-outs and they needed me to push carts, so I got a free pair of boots and gloves (~$70) for the cold. Felt pretty good because I was in desperate need of boots and gloves.

• The Nintendo Switch

Cornelius Fudge - - General Gaming

Quote from Pietro: “This is pretty damn interesting. XBox Live is coming to Switch. arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/02…ng-to-switch-ios-android/ I'm loving the cooperation between platforms and that the console wars as dying. Can't wait for more Nintendo, Microsoft, PC cross platform play games. Moving an online gaming system cross platform is a very innovative and interesting idea. It'll be fun to see how this turns out. This is part of what I love about Microsoft, they don't care about "the way th…

• Quote from BackSet-Chan: “Ganondorf's pretty okay. His wizard punch hits hard and if you can conbo him right... Plant is also okay. ” As a fellow Ganon main, I'd have to say that Ganon's actually pretty damn good this time around due to the significant increase in speed he has while still retaining his powerful blows. Still sucks when you're up against Link though :(.

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from John: “The PS4 has been on-and-off outselling the Switch since the Switch's launch, and has double the sales of the XBone, so I'd not be surprised if it did better than the Switch. The Switch is doing well, and will hopefully get more 3rd party support because of that, but it's not unprecedented. ” During periods of drought on the Switch's part. That doesn't consider how the PS4 stacks up with the Switch after the holiday season which was the bulk of their sales where they did explici…

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Zeldaisthebest!: “Yeah I just saw that they are only around 8 million behind xbox one now. Pretty crazy considering switch has only been out for like a year and 10 months or so compared to xbox one that has been out for around 5 years and like a month. So switch has been out for around 3 years and 3 months less yet only 8 million behind xbox one. It may pass xbox one this year. Also I think ps4 was at 35 million at its 2 year mark and so nintendo is only around 2 million behind that w…

• The Nintendo Switch

nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html Nintendo has finally released their financial report for the end of 2018 and I must say I'm proud to be a Nintendo fan. The Nintendo Switch has sold almost 33 million units as of December 31st and both Smash and Pokemon have sold 12.08 and 10 million units respectively. To put that into perspective, the goal was to sell 20 million units by the end of this fiscal year meaning that they only need to hit roughly 35 million units by the end of March. …

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Tead: “Does anyone know if there is supposed to be a new Nintendo Switch/console to be released, and when such might happen? I am considering purchasing one but do not really want one if something new is to be marketed. Tead. ” Nintendo confirmed that they had no plans at this moment to release a new model of the Switch, but this doesn't stop them from doing so in the future. After all, they're trying to maximize the amount of Switches in a household, so it'd make sense that the did r…

• When a college teachers says you need to buy a specific textbook and yet you find it online as a pdf for free. I still remember this time in Matrix Algebra last year when the teacher asserted that the textbook (~$170-180) was required when I asked him about it. Instead of purchasing the textbook, I decided not to and flew through the course without it. What's even funnier is that my friend in the class actually found that same textbook for free as a pdf on a random Russian website lol. Gotta lov…

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Please Understand: “I would buy another Switch if it was either more powerful or more portable. ” Oh yeah, definitely. I can imagine myself buying a Switch for my sister once a more portable version is released given the convenience and a noticeable price drop for only being portable. As it is right now, many people acknowledge it as a very powerful mobile device instead of operating as a portable, dedicated gaming console, so a cheaper revision that is strictly portable would incenti…

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Mirren: “A possibility that Switch actually hits that 20 million FY18 goal? ” So we'd be presuming that Nintendo passed the 30 million mark given that they may have sold 10+ million units Oct-Dec and as of September 30th, they have sold 22.8 million units? Yeah, this doesn't seem so surprising to me. With the release of the MK8 bundles in addition to Pokemon LGPE and Smash Bros, there was no question that Nintendo was going to push a lot of units through the holidays. Mario Odyssey al…

• Quote from Takanuva: “That's always true, but it feels like it'd be money wasted on a Wii U when I'm needing to upgrade and play current games. Stuff like Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, etc. Though if I could also find WWHD and TPHD for a reasonable price then that'd make things worth it. ” Honestly, I would wait until you have the money to buy a Switch. Chances are, those games are likely going to be on the Switch and at that point, once the Switch gets Xenoblade X and 3D World, ther…

• Personally, I do hope that we get some sort of Zelda HD compilation with WW HD, TP HD, and hopefully SS HD. While I have played through these games to completion, one of the things that Breath of the Wild is lacking that the others are not is its story, lore, and continuity and its relationship between other games. Breath of the Wild has such a convoluted connection between other games that it can be difficult to appreciate the things Breath of the Wild does bring to the table. In comparison, th…

• I'm looking into going back to the gym. I've actually worked out before because I was recovering from an eating disorder and needed very necessary mass, but I'm still very thin and have mostly been focusing on running. However, I would love to feel even stronger and I loved the feeling of continuously getting even stronger and stronger. Hopefully I'll start back either this week or next week.

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Vulpes: “I also only have Breath of the Wild for my Switch, and there's also nothing else released that interests me. I'd buy a Xenoblade compilation, but I'm not willing to jump in with 2. I despise pixel graphics, especially when they're done by choice and not due to technical limitations, so that rules out Octopath Traveler (it doesn't sound that appealing anyway). I'm not really into Fire Emblem. And I haven't played a Super Mario game since the first Galaxy, and have no intention…

• Now that you guys mention it, Lake Hylia felt extremely underwhelming. It lacked the scope and scale that was felt in both Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, especially the latter where Lake Hylia was home to an entirely new and intriguing area. I think part of the problem however is that it's hard to replicate that sense of scale when many of Breath of the Wild's areas strives for that same very thing and feeling as well. I do agree, quite generic and disappointing.

• The Nintendo Switch

Depends. I'd say in general, criticism from the fanbase can be counter-intuitive given how divisive most fanbases are. A perfect example is Sega or more specifically Sonic Team's relationship with their own mascot Sonic the Hedgehog where Sonic has finally lost his identity and they have no concrete direction of the series given how divisive their fanbase is and as such, try to cater to all different parts of the fanbase. Criticism is definitely important, but I'm really glad that Nintendo has t…

• Quote from GregariousTree: “Yeah, I think this might be my last post in this thread, haha. I think Setras is right about nothing new coming up and we've gone the rounds a few times. And I'm tired of making these long-ass posts. (Hidden Content) ” Fair enough, though I do believe it's important for me to get this out before this discussion ends. I've been doing some more research before submitting my last argument. It's fine if you don't necessarily believe the Spiritual Stones don't originate fr…

• Quote from Linkle: “Quote from Cornelius Fudge: “I don't even think he was that selfish. He fought for Hyrule and instead of fervently clinging onto something that seemingly had no hope, he decides to trust the fate of the world to a new chosen hero, a hero in which he and his people believed in That doesn't sound selfish to me, rather that it was his dying wish that a new hero would lead his people to prosperity instead of himself. ” Yeahhhh, and not wish for the Demon King/Evil never to revive…

• I don't even think he was that selfish. He fought for Hyrule and instead of fervently clinging onto something that seemingly had no hope, he decides to trust the fate of the world to a new chosen hero, a hero in which he and his people believed in That doesn't sound selfish to me, rather that it was his dying wish that a new hero would lead his people to prosperity instead of himself.

• Quote from GregariousTree: “Citation please? I don't remember anywhere in the Tower of the Gods where the Golden Goddesses are specifically named. ” When you view it in relation to Ocarina of Time, it makes sense. The Pearl of the Gods parallel the Spiritual Stones used to open the door of time in OOT. This is explicitly shown when the pearl of the gods which are directly related to the Three Goddesses do in fact open up the Tower of the Gods which acts as the gateway towards the Master Sword as…

• Quote from Setras: “Just gonna point out right now, the whole debate around whether or not "the gods" in WW's backstory are the GG's has been repeatedly brought up and hotly debated elsewhere, so unless anyone has absolute ironclad evidence of one position or the other, there's probably little point in beating the pile of mush that was once the dead horse that is said debate. As to whether the goddesses could destroy Ganon, if they can forge whole universes and stabilize said universes with a me…

• Quote from GregariousTree: “^As I said before. The Golden Goddesses have never, as far as I recall, directly intervened in any conflict in Hyrulean history. Maybe the interloper war? I can't remember. But rarely if ever do they intervene. Hylia is the goddess actually worshipped and who actually appears to act on behalf of her people. There are multiple other gods referenced throughout the game. WW does not ever specify that the Golden Goddesses flooded Hyrule the first time, and I honestly thin…

• Quote from gamtos: “Quote from Cornelius Fudge: “Demise is in no shape or form merely on par with Hylia. Not only have we seen multiple times where Hylia is completely powerless against Demise's reincarnation(s), but Hylia explicitly selected a hero who, with Fi's assistance and power, to one day defeat Demise. Nowhere is it ever implied that Hylia is on par with Demise as that's an absurd contradiction to what we've been shown. ” Try the intro where Demise and his demon horde fight Hylia and th…

• Quote from Daphnes: “ When the gods heard our pleas, they chose to seal away not only Ganon, but Hyrule itself...and so, with a torrential downpour of rains from the heavens... Our fair kingdom was soon buried beneath the waves, forgotten at the bottom of the ocean. Yet all was not lost. For the gods knew that to seal the people away with the kingdom would be to grant Ganon's wish for the destruction of the land. So, before the sealing of the kingdom, the gods chose those who would build a new c…

• Quote from GregariousTree: “It's not a fact, though. It's just something you decided. Nothing supports that conclusion at all; all of your evidence has either been incorrect (Zelda's plan in OoT, Hylia not using the Triforce) or something you just declared. Case in point: "with what we're shown at the time, only the chosen hero with the Master Sword has ever vanquished Ganondorf." Except LoZ, where Link kills him dead without ever laying a finger on it. ” I'll concede to those, but not what is e…

• Quote from gamtos: “@Guinea you're absolutely right, it's established that Skyward Sword's time travel is totally bullshit. Guys, is anyone actually still trying to make a point with all this Skyward Sword rhetoric or has everyone accepted that Ganondorf could have definitely been killed by a Triforce wish? ” Honestly, you've proven your point, but I'd still say there's a huge contradiction between Skyward Sword and the Wind Waker if we're going that route. We're bound to have some contradiction…

• Quote from Guinea: “No, what I'm saying is: Link defeated Demise in the past with the Master Sword. And he was sealed within, according to Fi. The game begins in the present, with the Goddess Sword and The Imprisoned. There is no logical way the Imprisoned could be in the present if Demise was defeated in the past. It makes zero sense. Edit- Not to mention the Imprisoned ate Zelda, turned into Demise, got defeated, and somehow was the Imprisoned again in the present. Wrench thrown! ” I was looki…

• Quote from Guinea: “But for the Imprisoned to be in the present, Demise would've had to escaped from the Master Sword before the present to become the Imprisoned. Right? ” No, he was sealed at the Sealed Grounds where, because Hylia's seal on Demise was weakening, Link had to fight the Imprisoned to ensure the seal remained intact. The Master Sword never sealed him away. I believe it is implied that Hylia crafted the Master Sword after the events of Demise took place as a precaution.

• Quote from Guinea: “Ok then, how the heck did he fight the Imprisoned in the present? ” The Imprisoned is Demise who became a monster after Hylia sealed him away within the Sealed Grounds after trying to take the Triforce for himself. In the present, SS Link has to fight the Imprisoned to prevent him from reaching his complete form and he successfully defeated the Imprisoned by using the Triforce. However afterwards, Ghirahim entered the Gate of Time (Temple of Time in disguise) in an attempt to…

• Quote from Guinea: “I can't find anything on the internet about when Demise was defeated. I'm trying to throw a wrench into SS's time stuff, but nobody will throw me a bone. ” SS Link defeated him in the past.

• Quote from TruEdge67: “Isn't that thing about the bloodline of the Knights of Hyrule something from AlttP that was retconned ages ago or am I remembering wrong? Alttp is the only game I remember bringing that up and many things from that game have been retconned over the years. Afaik the only Links that are confirmed blood related are OoT Link (the heroes shade) and TP Link. ” Honestly, I have no idea if it was retconned or not, but I would assume that Hylia and Link's bloodline is carried by it…

• Quote from GregariousTree: “Quote from Cornelius Fudge: “Demise is in no shape or form merely on par with Hylia. Not only have we seen multiple times where Hylia is completely powerless against Demise's reincarnation(s), but Hylia explicitly selected a hero who, with Fi's assistance and power, to one day defeat Demise. Nowhere is it ever implied that Hylia is on par with Demise as that's an absurd contradiction to what we've been shown. Sure, but the point was that they couldn't. Even if Daphnes…

• Quote from Guinea: “I haven't... ” Crap, I will do my best. Hylia's descendants are those who carry her bloodline found in the Royal Family of Hyrule and chosen hero's bloodline (Link) is carried by the Knights of Hyrule who are there to protect Hylia's descendants. Hylia is reincarnated as Zelda within the Royal Family and Link is reincarnated as a new chosen hero with the bloodline found in the Knights of Hyrule. This bloodline can no longer be continued because OOT Link was no longer present …

• Quote from gamtos: “Link did wish Demise dead and succeeded. It is very much within the realm of possibility. Demise is on par with Hylia, and it's Hylia's powers that allow Zelda to seal Ganon again and again. A full Triforce against a Ganon that doesn't have the ToP? No contest. Like, if they destroyed the Time Gate right after Link's wish, there would be no curse. There would be a masterless Ghirahim and no room for resurrection. ” Demise is in no shape or form merely on par with Hylia. Not o…

• Quote from gamtos: “Quote: “The Triforce is the power of the Goddess ” Beg your pardon? ” What do you mean? The Triforce is the essence of the Goddess. There is no way the Triforce can be derived from the Goddess and yet have power that is beyond their comprehension, that simply isn't possible.

• Quote from Guinea: “But... since OoT Link never appeared in that timeline, wouldn't WW Link still get the Spirit from a Link that came before OoT Link??? @Cornelius Fudge ” Quick question, have you read the Naruto manga? If so, it makes explaining this a lot easier.