Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 316.
  • Interesting theory! I agree with Setras that there is an issue as Demise was defeated, but I like the idea that the sealed Grounds were "rediscovered" by an incarnation of Demise's hatred. I agree also with StinksAwakening maybe there was other evil contained in the sealed grounds besides Demise himself.

• Top 5 Zelda Games

Starshine - - General Zelda

1. Majora's Mask. I loved the melancholy nature of this game and the background on all the minor characters and side quests. 2. Skyward Sword. I thought the graphics were beautiful and in my opinion this game has the best sound track out of the entire series. 3. Ocarina of Time. Just a fantastic game, not much more needs to be said. 4. Wind Waker. I loved the ocean setting and being able to sail around and look for treasure. I also thought the story line and graphics for this game were great. 5.…

• Favorite Zelda game

My favorite is Majoras Mask. I always loved the melancholy feel of the game and the deeper backstories for all the characters and being able to interact with them more. Also the Stone Tower Temple is one of my all time favorite temples. After Majora's Mask I'd have to say my favorites are Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker and Skyward Sword.

• I loved the graphics changes in this game and the expanded clock town. I loved how some of the masks were updated like the Garo mask. Also the new saving system is so much easier which I love. I didn't like how the giant eye was added to all the bosses, I get that it ties in with the theme entirely and connects every boss to the mask but it really took away from the boss fights in my opinion. Also I really disliked the changes they made to zora link, swimming in the Great Bay isn't nearly as muc…

• Quote from Diego: “The stone mask! Not only is, you know, actually useful by making you "invisble" for enemies, but also is super funny! Link looks so weird with it I imagine that the Stone Mask doesn't make you invisible, but people is all like: -"Dude, that kid is wearing such a derpy mask..." -"I know right? Let's just pretend that he's not there, maybe he'll leave"” THIS ^^ haha But I really do like the stone mask, big time saver sometimes. After that it would probably be the bremen mask bec…

• Hardest/Easiest Lorule Boss?

Starshine - - Modern Zelda

Moldrom is by far the easiest. And Zaganaga is just maddeningly frustrating for me. Now when I play through the game I leave that battle for the absolute last because I am so awful at it!

• When I first played through the shadow temple when I was younger it was about a 8-10 but now it's one of my favorite temples even though it still creeps me out a bit ( like a 2-4) The Arbiters grounds is like a 5-7 for me because of the weird background music and the fact things are always jumping out at you. Other than that most others would be a 2-4 because some dungeons are just eerie more than actual scary.

• A new look for Link in Zelda U?

Starshine - - Future Zelda

Loving the new look of link so far! It's a different look like I've been hoping for but not too different. Not sure how I feel about all of it but I'm definitely liking where this idea is going!

• Quote from Link the Zora: “ But seriously, you can find this anywhere in the United States, if not the whole world. Racism and homophobia? Stereotypes? Yeah, it ain't just the South with those problems. ” This pretty much sums up my feelings. Homophobia and racism are not just localized to a particular location or to a certain group of individuals that happen to be born in that location. It's these types of beliefs that fool us and distract us from the true issue which is that stereotypes and mi…

• "Bad Blood" by Bastille...I seriously can't get enough of it!!

• Watching this right now, pretty good so far, but it's getting rather repetitive because Ham keeps going back to "there's a book out there" and in my opinion avoiding directly answering questions. However I have my own opinions as well. I think spirituality is important but I don't necessarily believe in a singular book or way to spirituality, so I find that answer lacking. And I don't believe that spirituality is so in conflict with science. But this is a great debate, and I'm glad that these di…

• Zelda Pet Peeves

Quote from Ryano: “ Personally I've been feeling this one lately....lack of end game content I would be happy with a Zelda game that let's you complete the main quest and see the positive effects on the world but still give you things to do at the end. ” I couldn't agree more with this. Some of the games have more to do in the end than others, but I feel that most are lacking in this area. Right handed Link. I'm right handed but I just can't justify it even in the Wii games. Hand holding. I like…

• OoT bottom of the well. I liked the creepy atmosphere and the lens of truth is an awesome item. Also the dead hand was a great Mini-boss. Although Ikana is my favorite area in MM the well was probably the worst part of that section. It was just tedious to me.

• Skyward Sword. The artwork for the game was beautiful and I felt like they did a great job with the cover art, it wasn't too busy and had just enough to make you intrigued in the game. I like the Wind Waker design as well, but it's a little too busy for my tastes. Majora's Mask had some sweet art work for other countries (like the one you just posted) but the U.S. one is definitely a little lack luster.

• Ganondorf's Headpiece

Starshine - - Theorizing

This is fantastic. I think that wether the scar is a physical element that is covered up or just symbolically represented by the gemstone, it is an important piece of what makes up Ganon's character as it is a feature he is rarely without. I also agree that it would have an effect on death/revival, possibly it destroying the gemstone could have a greater effect (as in a longer seal/less chance of revival etc.) While death without destroying gemstone is less "permanent". Great thread!

• I really liked the Iron Knuckles because they offered a bit more of a challenge. Runner up would have to go to the Poe sisters though, I always liked their concept and how each has a different theme/puzzle.

• I have a fox stuffed animal that my grandma gave me when I was really small and I still sleep with it. I also have a little kitten who loves to cuddle and another cat who usually lays at my feet

• Spoilers: The Legend of Hilda

Starshine - - Future Zelda

I happen to agree that this would be a fantastic opportunity for a spinoff series and I would love to see Lorule return in another game. There is so much left unanswered and unexplored that I would enjoy revisiting that world again but perhaps in a different time in it's story line. I also think playing as Hilda would be pretty awesome because as Labrynian Rebel said it would give us a female protagonist without having to abandon Link altogether. Seeing a different Triforce in action would be in…

• What do you NOT regret?

Starshine - - General Chit-Chat

It's funny because we spend so much time thinking about things we regret or being told that we will "regret ____" that we don't focus on the good risks that we take in life. So awesome topic for a thread!! Anyway, one of the things I was told I would regret was my move from Florida to Boston, Ma two years ago. I moved for a lot of reasons, but mostly because I wanted to be close to my boyfriend. That move turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made. I went to school at Umass Boston…

• I think Dark Link/Shadow Link are just embodiments of the idea of overcoming yourself and your flaws only this battle is not just a emotional/mental battle but actually has a physical aspect as well (similar to what LordMackDiddyKongDoodleBo had said) I think that overcoming one's self is an important part of everyone's journey but they just decided to make more "real" by having to defeat and actual entity. Dark Link is just embodying the idea of battling the "bad" side that Link probably has (a…

• I used them maybe twice during my first play through, as I tried my hardest to figure things out myself. I thought they were a pretty good addition to Zelda because as others have said you have the capability to ignore them entirely. However I don't think they should be included in every game from here on out, I don't mind having a "guide" or "partner" as long as they aren't as intrusive as Fi.

• New Year's Resolutions

--Try and be more positive --Be more social --Improve my physical strength --Volunteer more --Try and actually keep my resolutions

• Shadow Temple for me. I always liked the dark creepy atmosphere and the different enemies there. As well as the fight with Bongo Bongo. After that I would probably have to say the Water Temple because it's atmosphere is so calm yet mysterious as well.

• Most divisive Zelda dungeon

I think The City in the Sky ranks pretty highly in the most divisive dungeon discussion because it truly seems to be a love/hate thing with no options in between. I happen to be one of the ones that hate it, but I have had conversations with people who love it and they love it to the exact same degree I hate it. After that I would have to say The Great Bay Temple and the Water Temple. And I think that both the Sandship and Lanayru Mining Facility would be pretty divisive too just because of the …

• This looks like it will be a lot of fun!! I'm excited for this game! I really hope they offer a lot of playable characters from the franchise (especially Sheik!) I'm also glad to see they are including "older"enemies like the Dodongos.

• Skyward Sword for sure. As Bill pointed out, the Lanayru area in particular had awesome music for each area that definitely suited the game play and are enjoyable on their own as well. I also really loved the Faron woods theme as well as Fi's theme and of course the song of the well. The way that the music shifts as you move from the past to the present in the Lanayru region made the whole experience, because yeah graphics can change, but the tone of the music makes the whole experience differen…

• Life with The Legend of Zelda

My Zelda story starts with playing Link's Awakening when I was like 9 and then becoming entirely obsessed with it. I loved the idea of waking up to an adventure and exploring and finding secrets and fighting enemies. Then OoT came out and I was so inspired by the story, the idea of being able to save the day and the importance of music and relationships with others throughout the game inspired my own life. Also the idea that heroes don't always have to do huge heroic deeds but also "small " thin…

• I am very impressed with this game and it ranks pretty high with me. My Zelda "top five" ranking would go something like this: 1) Ocarina of Time 2) The Wind Waker 3) Majora's Mask 4)A Link Between Worlds 5) Skyward Sword But this will be subject to change as the newness wears off of the game and as other titles grow on me etc. But I expect it to remain somewhere in my top five for sure.

• Who is the Ultimate Link?

I'd have to agree that OoT/MM Link as well. I mean he saved two different worlds and went through numerous trials in both. Once he was done saving Hyrule he immediately saved a alternate world from complete annihilation without even being an "adult". Also, MM link has enough masks with different powers to make up for whatever he might lack. AND he even teaches TP Link fighting techniques to become the "true hero"...I don't really think it gets more "ultimate" than that.

• Quote from Ryano: “ 184px-Tentalus.png HAHAHA! Tentalus was just soooo awful, especially because the Sandship was a pretty good dungeon and the setting for the battle was really cool. But once this dude popped up out of the water I was laughing out loud...” ^I'd have to agree that Tentalus is by far the most depressing boss battle ever. The Sandship was my favorite part of SS and I was so disappointed when this guy showed up!! My second least favorite is Morpha just because there is not a lot of…

• Favorite Item?

Starshine - - Modern Zelda

Tornado Rod. I always use it when I'm out numbered by multiple enemies, and I liked being able to stun enemies then eradicate them quickly. And it was fun using it to get to different levels in some of the dungeons. Hammer comes in a close second. There is lots of exploring you can do with it and smashing things/enemies is just fun.

• I'm putting my tree up today! I always wait till the first to put up the tree, then after the tree I start decorating the interior/exterior of the house. I like to watch the old christmas movies like "It's a Wonderful Life" and of course I have to watch "Nightmare Before Christmas" at least twice. When it gets closer to Christmas I do my baking and finish of (or start) shopping for gifts. Christmas eve me and my family usually have a little get together of some people and on Christmas we watch t…

• Favorite Alcohol GO!

Quote from brokenjoker: “I like dark rum and Coke with a lime wedge and ice. .” ^This! I am also fond of margaritas and red wine. But I'm pretty partial to my rum and coke.

• Sorry if I came off as harsh, I just thought you were being nit-picky on what I described the game as lol whatever you want to describe it as-- that's fine with me, I do feel like it does involve strategy, as you have to plan your moves to defeat your enemies etc. ..maybe that isn't the right way to describe it, but that's just how I see it. Anyway, it's nothing to argue over, and I really am sorry if I seemed rude/harsh, I just felt like you were asking in a sarcastic/judgey way rather than jus…

• OoT- Is Link truly a Hylian?

Starshine - - Classic Zelda

I think this is a fantastic question and this is one of the things that makes OoT Link such a complex and conflicted character .Just because you've been "adopted" into one culture does not necessarily mean that culture becomes your entire identity; and although he was raised as a Kokiri, he was never fully accepted by them--Mido even saying he'd never be "one of them" however he was not exposed to the Hylians until much later, making it equally difficult to assimilate into that culture as well. …

• Quote from Bloodasek: “Is Zelda OoT a 3d strategy game? :P” Is that really what this thread is about? I don't see how your comment offers advice for the question posed.

• Legend of Zelda Names

I really like your idea of Faryn, that's awesome! As far as girls names go I think that (Faryn), Medli or Hena would be good because they are beautiful names and not extremely obvious. Boys names to me are a little more difficult, because male characters (besides Link) tend to be named "maggies father" or "man from trading post" but I think TP had some good boy names-- Ralis and Shad being my two personal favorites and there is also Rusl which is a pretty non-obvious name as well.

• I sucked when I first started playing OoT too because it was really the first 3d strategy video game I had played. What I did was practice defeating enemies in my spare time and play the arcade games that involved skills such as the bow and arrow and other things. This helped me learn what the best ways to kill enemies are and the most effective weapons and helped me gain skills with aim etc. This won't make the dungeons feel any different if they feel too tedious though, but it will make the ov…

• I thought that SS did pretty well as an origin story, it explained a lot of the reoccurring themes in Zelda such as why Link and Zelda are consistently having to fight some sort of evil, where the master sword came from, and the origins of the different areas of Hyrule. Yes, there are a lot of things left unanswered or that contradict themselves, but this is something that is a part of any mythology. The Greeks for example had different versions of their myths depending on what area of Greece yo…

• Hi everyone!

Starshine - - Newbie Central

Hi there!! Nice to meet ya and looking forward to getting to know you. Hope you enjoy it here at ZU!