Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • So...a life simulator? I mean it's an idea I'm not entirely against. When I get invested in a story and it's characters I always want to dive deeper into it, BoTW and WW being two prime examples for me in the Zelda series. What you're talking about there isn't a game, but games. It's kinda like what we got in ACII, Brotherhood, and Revelations where we saw Ezio grow during different stages of his life. It went all the way from birth to his death at old age (if you count animated extras). It woul…

• Technically in most Zelda games Link is a child, or at the very least a teenager. So if you think about it, you're not just getting a glimpse, but a first-hand account.

• Zeldafy other games!

pj777 - - Future Zelda

Ugh...at this point if the subject derails too much a mod can let us know... You can see the reasons why people would want it, they're in the last several of posts. All you have to do is read them. If Nintedo's charging you for online service you should expect it to come with all the standard bells and whistles with the ability to tailor it to your liking. Not doing so then telling customers to use another application isn't just lazy, it's poor design. I can think of plenty of situations where c…

• Zeldafy other games!

pj777 - - Future Zelda

Well the Switch doesn't have Discord, or any Nintendo system for that matter. Mic support is limited as well, and I'm not going to count having to also utilize a PC or phone to get around it as reasonable. I have some less than polite things I can say about their phone app too... Look, I really can't dig too far into this without derailing things too much. In game chat has become a standard feature in any MP game to the point where I just expect a game to have it, and I count it against them whe…

• Zeldafy other games!

pj777 - - Future Zelda

Why not? If you're playing with friends wouldn't you want to talk to them? Online chat's a standard in games for a reason.

• Zeldafy other games!

pj777 - - Future Zelda

As in in-game communication, mics n' stuff. My point being that Nintendo games lack severely in the social aspect with online, something that MMO's rely a great deal on.

• Zeldafy other games!

pj777 - - Future Zelda

Miyamoto is very...disconnected from the modern industry in many ways. He has a gift for Mario and Zelda games, but I wouldn't trust the guy to touch any other series. I don't think he truly understands modern gamers nor does he understand anything that's not a Mario or Zelda game. As for Zelda online...Nintendo still has a ways to go before they get online down. MMOs are very social games, where they seem hell bent to remove anything social from an online game. Take Mario Kart. No mic support, …

• I've become very cautious with trailers and reveals in general the older I get. How they decide to make the trailer changes what sort of information I want to see in it. If they go for a pre-rendered CGI trailer, then I expect it to give some information to the story and stay true to the spirit of the gameplay. A perfect example of a good trailer like this imo is Dishonored 2, where they reveal Emily as the PC. Fun trailer, great animation, and it gave us a basic insight as to what we should exp…

• Apex Legends

pj777 - - General Gaming

I honestly don't mind the microtransactions in the game...yet. We'll see. I tend to be more lenient with f2p games with this system. But it's way better than PUBG ever was. The only thing is I've had occasional server issues and it crashed on me once. Hopefully kinks that get ironed out in the first couple of patches.

• Apex Legends

pj777 - - General Gaming

I just started to download it. Every review site, even the more independent ones all recommend it. I'm at least going to give it a try, ftp so no harm in that.

• Another thought on dungeons, I remember watching a review on BoTW and they made a good point in regards to the shrines. Basically the length of each shrine didn't always allow for a puzzle concept to build and evolve in interesting and challenging ways. In most shrines you would either have a one-off puzzle or a three stage-puzzle. In the latter it would normally go first by introducing a concept, then presenting an obstacle, then a timed challenge obstacle. But non of the puzzles really evolve …

• @gamtos Just to make sure we're on the same page, its specifically the aesthetics I'm complaining about with the shrines, the content I've always been in agreement that they're very well designed. They're almost like Portal where you have a few basic mechanics that are combined in hundreds of ways. It works really well in both cases. It would've added more variety in the game world if some shrines were replaced with game world locations for the puzzles instead. They wouldn't have to remove most …

• Honestly I think it has less to do from LoZ than it does from Aonuma playing Skyrim. He talked about the game a lot when asked about inspiration for BoTW and Bethesda games have always had a problem with their dungeons being too cookie-cutter. I think they were going for a similar model, but didn't realize that they had multiple dungeon types and variations among that to break the mold. I just think they could've used places like the temple in the canyon, the fountains, and Akalla Citadel as a m…

• The same dungeon. Over...and over...and over...and over...and over...and over...and...a-a.... The shrines were overused in the game. Now don't get me wrong, most of them were well created, but they could've had a few less shrines and instead use those puzzles for some alternate indoor locations.

• Moving

pj777 - - General Chit-Chat

I've been in and out of different places for periods of time, six months here, a year there, that kind of thing. I've lived in places like Miami, St. Louis, San Antonio, and a lot of smaller towns. Usually they've been for work in one form or another. In between it all I've always come back to Pittsburgh, and since switching jobs I bought a house near where I grew up. I have my heart set on staying in the area for the long run, and I managed to get a little land out in the country to enjoy. One …

• This is weird to me how every video and article talking about this adds it up like it's some devastating blow. This isn't a cancelled announcement, it's a delay which is something a Zelda fan site should be very used to at this point. And even then they're bringing it over to Retro Studios aka the dev who created the original Prime trilogy (I thought they were doing it all along but...I guess not?). Is that really a bad thing? Retro has a good rep with the series, and they may not even be starti…

• Quote from ich Will: “@pj777 I think that sounds good. That's sort of what I had in mind, that Link should be limited to repairing and buffing his weapons. When it comes to crafting, part of me feels like it may not be the best fit for a Zelda game if Link could do everything himself. As you said, NPCs might be better left for such tasks. When it comes to buffs, another method that comes to mind is something like applying White Chuchu Jelly to your shield to give it a (slippery icy) shield surfi…

• I imagine weapon crafting/repairing would work the same way it does in several other games in existence. The Witcher 3, Oblivion, Fallout 3/NV, or even Dying Light. Weapon durability is a common feature in games, just in those ones they make it so that you don't straight up lose your weapon after a few hits. Personally, I would take more of the Witcher approach. Link isn't a blacksmith, but he can perform certain repairs (sharpening blades for instance) in the field. You have a certain meter tha…

• (BotW) Got Bored of Master Mode

pj777 - - Modern Zelda

I've given it another chance and my opinion on it still hasn't changed. For one making enemies with more health doesn't make them better, just more of a grind. Grinding is rarely a good mechanic to have in a game, and it's one of the reasons I'm not a big fan of JRPS and MMOs. If you don't add smarter enemies that counter more of your strategies then there really isn't an added difficulty, just more work. To me it limits what made BoTW's combat good and expands on what makes it bad. In normal mo…

• Zeldafy other games!

pj777 - - Future Zelda

Hmm... Well you could do something like a classic arcade shooter. You could have this dude in green armor running around an open level led by an AI guide battling demons and other bad guys with a bunch of different weapons, and every once in awhile he could pull out a sword and...oh wait... I think Link might be the Doom Slayer...

• BoTW has a very strong gameplay foundation and they had a system where the story could compliment it. In some areas it's strong, for instance getting the Master Sword in this game is the best rendition in the series imo, but the story itself...I've already said my side earlier. The thing is you always hear people saying about these games is that "it's about the journey not the destination". I believe that statement is a lie. People look at it like the ending itself is the only destination, but j…

• Ok, so I'm a little late to the discussion but it's late and I need something to do for a few minutes to get me tired. In short, I like the story they created, I like the characters within, it makes me want to learn more about these people and their world, but I just wish they told more of it. I never felt like what they gave us in the story was...enough. The game starts you off in a world 100 years after essentially the apocalypse and gives you memories as to how it got there in the first place…

• I'm not sure if there really is a "best" game. Certainly we have our favorites, but every game is self-contained enough that you're not really ahead or behind story-wise. Gameplay-wise, they all have their own gimmick. In that respect you either start with the earliest iteration of the gimmick to understand its basics or go with the most refined. In other words, between Far Cry 3 - 5, I would recommend starting with either those two rather than any in between. In Zelda...well they're just all di…

• So...that was Calamity Ganon, eh?

pj777 - - Modern Zelda

Overall yeah he was underwhelming on both a story and gameplay perspective. Game-play wise, I did like how they implemented him in the world, able to take him on at any point but very overpowered unless you explore the world a little. I think what was truly disappointing in the game though was a real epic final showdown, something that has us absorbed and gets the adrenaline pumping. Something that makes us want to jump into the mosh pit and fight like hell. I get that feeling every time Ganondo…

• The Toughest Puzzles

pj777 - - General Zelda

I voted LA, but it was either that or OoA and the former took me longer to complete overall. The one puzzle that had me hung up the longest though? OoT, though I was young at the time. It took me forever to figure out the twisted hallways to get to the forth poe sister. I actually beat the fire and water temple before the forest. That one took me over a year to figure out, but it was more to do with skill level than actual difficulty.

• What are you buying?

pj777 - - General Chit-Chat

I just bought a new thermostat. You know you're getting old when you get excited over buying something like a new thermostat

• How stoic should Zelda be?

pj777 - - Future Zelda

For two reasons mainly. For one the Zelda games rarely give us enough time to really interact with her to really get to know the other side of her personality. In other words getting to see the face she wears in public rather than as the princess. That was my problem with her in TP was that we only get a handful of scenes with her, and none of them were interactions on a personal level. She's still playing the dutiful ruler but we don't learn anything about her beyond the professional level. The…

pj777 - - Future Zelda

Quote from PurpleandRed: “Quote from pj777: “I don't want this to be the Zelda we have to look forward to: (Hidden Content) Geralt in TW3 could be pretty stoic, yet one of the most powerful moments of his story was when he broke down after it appeared that Ciri was dead. I prefer believable human characters, things like sadness and at times crying are just things that come with the package. ” I know everybody cries at some point in their life and I haven't played Witcher 3 but I heard something …

• @Kokiri Kid Having named characters with outfits you can change is nothing new in games and doesn't hurt it, but yeah BoTW was a big case of taking one big step forward then tripping on a rock. In some cases it flat out fell on its face. I've always said it has a solid foundation to be one if not the best open world game to date but falters in too many areas to reach that level. I can keep my fingers crossed and hope this DLC rumor turns it around, but that's wishful thinking vs. being realistic…

• If they do go that route they are going to have to make the decision to give Link an actual personality. Dialogue options, motivations, flaws, I would even go as far as saying VA in cutscene; basically the whole package. If they don't then they're creating a one-sided relationship since there would literally be nothing the other side brings to it. Romance options in Skyrim were kind of a joke, where something like The Witcher 3 was more believable. --- On another note, that's actually something …

• @Kokiri Kid Maybe not, but I wanted it in there either way. No one's loosing sleep over it I hope, but yo're absolutely right in that it would've been better. If they go a certain route in the story, I don't want to see them take this non-committal approach and leave the question hanging in the air. I don't care how, it's just that I want closure. That's the keyword in most of my gripes, and Zelda games don't always fully deliver.

• It's one of those things you can't un-see. I'll be honest, it went right over my head on my first playthrough, but once the community pointed it out to me I've noticed it ever since.

• I have a pretty strong feeling that was unintentional on Nintendo's part, at least to how the fans took it.

• I would actually disagree there, at least where the games point towards some kind of romance between Link and Zelda. In a game like SS or (imo at least) BoTW, it's annoying when they strongly imply such a thing but do nothing to seal it. It's like if they took a video of an airplane in flight where the wings fell off and it was on fire having it falling out of the sky, then the moment before it hits the ground Nintendo cuts the video and says "we want you to decide if the airplane survives or no…

• They probably seem that way perhaps because the last four major 3D Zelda's have all had these tropes. When you get into the handheld Zelda's there's a little more variation...kinda...but it seems like every tentpole release sticks to the pattern. I mean, the whole story itself is based on a trope. Brave knight defeats evil wizard to rescue beautiful princess. That is the story of LoZ, and every game since has essentially been some variation of that plot. Every once in awhile we'll get a game lik…

• @MVS It can be, but I want to see the areas BoTW were lacking in addressed in the next title before they go off focusing on different features such as that. It can work, but if it's just the same ol' BoTW with a dual world, I wouldn't think of it as an improvement. And I don't mean a bigger overworld. I agree that BoTW's world was a good size. But my god I sincerely hope SS motion control stay the hell away from the next game. BoTW had a good balance between motion and analogue controls, they ne…

pj777 - - Future Zelda

Quote from PurpleandRed: “Quote from pj777: “I don't want this to be the Zelda we have to look forward to: (Hidden Content) Geralt in TW3 could be pretty stoic, yet one of the most powerful moments of his story was when he broke down after it appeared that Ciri was dead. I prefer believable human characters, things like sadness and at times crying are just things that come with the package. ” What's the point of the piece of bread? ” Plain ol' bread. Bland. It was either that or copy Yahtzee's v…

• I honestly hope the answer is "nothing". I just want to see the basic concept from BoTW and improved upon.

pj777 - - Future Zelda

I don't want this to be the Zelda we have to look forward to: (Hidden Content) Geralt in TW3 could be pretty stoic, yet one of the most powerful moments of his story was when he broke down after it appeared that Ciri was dead. I prefer believable human characters, things like sadness and at times crying are just things that come with the package.

• The lore quite simply is a clusterf#ck, for a number of reasons. The basic progression of the timeline is easier for longtime fans because we've already put the time in understanding the events of individual games. That way when its time to connect the dots between the games its easier for us to do so. For a new player however the perspective changes dramatically making them have to go back and read up on each game (if they choose not to play them) and how they fit into the overall timeline. The…