Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 241-280 of 913.
  • This thread's over a year old, so it's being closed. Feel free to make a new one on the same topic if you want.

• - Zelda - Breath of the Wild. As much as BotW screwed up characterizing anyone else, they did do well with Zelda, and I love her bookish, nerdy personality. A close second is Tetra. - Link - The Hero of Time. While ALttP was my first Zelda game, OoT was what really cemented my love of the series, and I can't help but compare any subsequent Links to him. - Ganondorf - Windwaker. The only time we see a humanized, sympathetic version of the character. I wish future games had taken a few lessons fro…

• Quote from Setras: “Again, not trying to tell anybody how to feel here- whether or not you like a given detail and why will depend entirely on personal sentiment- but we've seen non-GG gods in Hyrule's pantheon before (Zephos and Cyclos in WW immediately spring to mind), and the Hylians and their powers have been established from the get-go to be oddities relative to the rest of the humans. Hylia's presence and relation to them is consistent on both fronts. Likewise, the Triforce was created by …

• Zelda Headcanons

Violetlight - - Theorizing

I was talking to another Zelda fanfic writer on ff.net. I'm adopting one of her ideas as my headcanon, and I feel kind of stupid for not thinking of it eariler: In Hyrule, unlike in RL monarchies, the title of Queen takes presidence over that of King. Queens ruling the country is the norm, with the title of King Consort granted to the reigning Queen's husband, and daughters inherit the Crown before sons. Princes become Kings in their own right only if they do not have any sisters, and their wive…

• Regarding the Sages, I always thought that the "descendants" in the DT could have been inheritors of the power of the Sages, like how the OoT ones are implied to be to the Ancient Sages (except Rauru, who is an Ancient Sage), without a blood connection being necessary. I wish someone would confirm "descendant" to be a translation error or something. That way, Sages of different races could be a thing without screwing things up so badly. Anyway, as for a starting list of my other annoyances with …

• Mod Note: Let's NOT derail this thread into a debate about Skyward Sword's merits or lack thereof, HD or otherwise! Don't make me get @Dark Link Reigns in here.

• question

Violetlight - - General Zelda

Welcome to ZU @ghostpom12! We have an entire thread dedicated to Timeline theories, both for Breath of the Wild and for fan ideas about the timeline in general. Just so you know, that kind of thing is usually more easily found in the Theorizing Forum. Just take a look there, and you'll probably find a thread that can answer your questions. If not, feel free to make your own. Please ask your question, and I or one of the other Zelda section mods, @Dark Link Reigns and @Evran_Speer can merge this …

• I just started reading a collection of classic fantasy short stories by the author C.L. Moore, called "Jirel of Joiry". The heroine, Jirel, is basically the first example of a heroic female character in modern fantasy. Since her stories were written between 1934 and 1939, she may have even inspired Tolkien himself when he created Eowyn! The collection is available on Kindle, and the first story in it, "Black God's Kiss", reads like a Zelda dungeon run! The heroine descends into a dark dungeon, w…

• When working at EB, a lot of my customers thought the Wii U was just an add on for the Wii (they literally thought it was just the tablet), not an entirely new system. They really should have named it something different. It's amazing the difference a name can make. Anotjwr thing holding Nintendo systems back for the last few console generations has been a lack of 3rd party support. As sad as it is, some people do only care about their yearly FPS or sports game. Nintendo has a rep now as kiddie …

• I can't help but think if Zelda's speech in the first BotW memory was really that important, then the Champions wouldn't have been talking over it. It's called conservation of detail. Writers are lazy creatures (I should know :P). If something is meant to be important, it will be front and center. Otherwise, the cigar really is just a cigar.

• The Staircase Leading Up

Violetlight - - Creative Corner

Usually, I'm wary about posting original fiction online, especially those I want to try to sell later. Most publishers are still in the Dark Ages, and consider anything posted online to be 'already published', and won't accept it. However, I did publish this piece before, in a small press urban fantasy anthology, called "Spirits of Suburbia". The publisher was an old friend from university, and I was so happy to both contribute this story, and help edit the book. Unfortunately, she went kind of …

• I would love to see a remaster/remake of the NES Zelda titles, maybe with ALBW style graphics, but that's probably just wishful thinking on my part. So I voted for a LA remake. Nintendo has been paying more attention to that game, using Marin, of all characters, in Hyrule Warriors, and basically writing a big love letter to it with the whole Evertide Isle shine quest in BotW. So I could definitely see them rereleasing it. I hope it will be for the 3DS. I don't have a Switch yet.

• Zelda: Is it for old people?

Quote from lord-of-shadow: “It's a fucking hit with kids, if they are exposed to it. Most of my friends with kids (and all my friends are gamers) report that their kids love the hell out of Wild. ” I can attest to this! My 3-year old absolutely loves when Mommy and/or Daddy play BotW. He especially likes when we're going for a horsey ride I'm sure he'll be playing his own games before long. My husband is insisting he'll be "classically trained" i.e. will play our NES (which still works!) first, …

• Hylians or Humans

This thread was (somehow) dug up from over a decade ago. It was dead before, it's officially dead now.

• Mod Note: Be respectful to each other in your responses.

• Quote from gamtos: “I do gotta admit, with all our talk about wanting new villains, my most-wanted newcomer in Smash Bros would probably be the bulky good old demon king ganon. DFMgPxNXgAEF7W5.jpg ” I have to say, it would be awesome to pit Ganon against Bowser in Smash!

• Zelda Headcanons

One problem with your theory, @Nonoctoro. In OoT, it's heavily implied that the King of Hyrule was murdered by Ganondorf when he attacked Hyrule Castle, and this is in the timeline which would become the AT. Therefore, Daphnes *couldn't* be that particular King of Hyrule, on account of him being dead. Then again, we don't know for sure how he came to possess a boat in the first place. It's interesting, but not likely, IMO.

• @Ty & Titan Welcome to ZU! I've moved your post here, to the Fan Headcanons Timelines thread. Here, you'll be able to more easily share your theories with others interested in timelines.

• I'm Violetlight, both here and on my main writing site, fanfiction.net (yes, I know). I usually write fanfiction, but I've been attempting to begin work on an original science fiction story, using my old Star Wars fanfics as a scaffolding. It's a work in progress. I went on a bit of a hiatus when my son was born (babies are MAJOR timesinks!), but I've been slowly but surely trying to get back into it. Status * Requests * Ask Me * Commissions * Ask Me * Trades * Ask Me * Collaborations * Ask Me *…

• Is this based on the old Expanded Universe or the New Disney one? Because I know the former, but not so much the latter outside the movies. Name: Lex'xelarra'chee (core name: Xelarra) Gender: Female Race: Chiss Age: 28 Nicknames/ aliases: Home world: Nirauan (see the Hand of Thrawn books by Timothy Zahn) Strengths: Quick Lit: Like a more famous member of her race, Xelarra has the ability to discover strategic facts about an enemy by examining their culture. In her case, she specializes in examin…

• Zelda: Is it for old people?

When I worked at EB Games, I remember when Skyward Sword came out, we had a group of teenage Xbox "Fratboys" come in, who were all yakking about the latest Call of Duty or whatever, then one of them saw our Link standee (which now decorates my living room :P) and let out the funniest fanboy squee. I thought his friends were going to make fun of him, until one of them said "Yeah, Zelda rules! I have my Wii just for Zelda!" So yeah, it's not just for adults. At least it wasn't in 2011.

• Who's That Pokemon!

Violetlight - - Forum Games

Mr. Mime?

• Zelda Headcanons

Just a fun little headcanon that came to me while watching Pokemon Sun and Moon: Ash Ketchum is secretly a Kokiri! He was found in Viridian Forest with a bad bump on his head by his "mother", Delia Ketchum. Delia decided to adopt him as her own son. This would explain his affinity for wildlife, especially other Viridian Forest natives like Pikachu, and the fact he never ages above 10 years old. The mascot of Pokemon was originally supposed to be a Clefairy, after all ...

• Pokemon Sun and Moon was just released on Netflix. I'm enjoying it more than XY(Z). The twist of having Ash actually attend a Pokemon school is a fresh new take on the series, imo. Plus, it's nice to have something besides Sesame Street to watch with my son. He likes watching it with his Pikachu plushie

• Who's That Pokemon!

Violetlight - - Forum Games

Arcanine? Since the anime seemed to suggest it was originally supposed to be a legendary? 7A9Hg.jpg

• @MVS, if you'd prefer a game with Zelda-like gameplay but a more "masculine" player character, may I suggest this fine gentleman and his floating book? 3bc.jpg Seriously, check out the original Nier. It's like Twilight Princess meets Kingdom Hearts gameplay-wise, with a surprisingly dark story for a jrpg, and unforgettable characters. One of the dungeons even directly references the Zelda series. You'll love it! I sure did!

• Telling *this* thread to stay on topic is like telling cuccos to *not* peck Link to death. It's not going to happen.

• There are two instances where you find worthwhile things in (non-DLC) treasure chests in BotW: The Hylian Shield after beating the Stalnox in Hyrule Castle, and the Diamond Tiara in the guardian-filled Hole of Terror underneath the Island Labyrinth. I have to say, those two instances of "yeah! Score!" made me check every single other chest in the game. I miss finding significant things in treasure chests.

• Quote from EnigmaFarce: “Reviving Hyrule is wrong for the same reason reviving the dead is wrong. What's dead is dead, what's gone is gone. ” Tell that to ALttP Link. He has no problem bringing back everyone who died in ALttP, including his uncle. Then again, they were only recently dead, as compared to Hyrule, which had been gone for ages by Wind Waker's time. Except for Ganondorf, that is. For him, the Great Sea is the intruder, and the idealized Hyrule he dreamed of is what's worth bringing b…

• As a mother to an energetic almost 3-year old, I personally don't see too much of a problem with electronics, provided you don't let your child live solely on them. I try to do a variety of activities with my son. I read to him regularly (good old fashioned picture books, and even a few children's novels - he loves The Hobbit!), take him out to the library (I actually got my job there after taking him to Baby Storytime), the playground, and the Early Years Center. That's a free community service…

• The Hyrule Compendium 2.0

Violetlight - - Creative Corner

As I've ranted about discussed in the Zelda section, I found Breath of the Wild's Hyrule Compendium to be such a missed opportunity for lore. I mean, here we have a tool that enables us to scan most of the objects, animals and enemies in the largest iteration of Hyrule we've yet seen, but we learn next to nothing about said world using this tool. Such a missed opportunity. For example, scanning any of the race-specific weapons could have came with a little mini-story or some sort of interesting …

• @TriforceHolder I agree that the difference in Gerudo culture between OoT's general isolationist stance to BotW's "No Voe Allowed" is jarring, and perhaps there are cultural reasons for it, that we just didn't get to see on screen (like so much else in BotW). It would have been nice if we had heard more of the Gerudo's intermediate history, or if we had got anything at all for the Rito, for that matter. They're just ... there. No rhyme or reason for it. Even the Hyrule Compendium, which could ha…

• Zelda Headcanons

@Nonoctoro I have to disagree with your idea that Demise is the ZU's equivelent of Hades, simply because in the original Greek myths, Hades was one of the nicer gods. He's pretty much the only male god who *doesn't* cheat on his wife, being faithful to Persephone. While ruling the underworld may not be as glamourous as his brothers' realms (the Sky for Zeus, the Sea for Poseidon), he does his job and does it well. In a pantheon of gods where handing out disproportionate punishments on mortals fo…

• I found that Cia was actually a good idea for a villain. A crazy Link "fangirl" - kind of like poking fun at some of the more extreme aspects of the fandom. Too bad she was hijacked by Ganon(dorf) as well. Not that HW was focusing on story or anything. That would distract from all the jiggling. I wouldn't mind the concept being revisited, with better writing.

• It's precisely because of that arbitrary 10 000 year "timeline" we're given for events in BotW that I believe that the 10 000 years refers *not* to the very last time in the timeline that Ganon attacked, but the events on the tapestry -- the Guardians and Divine Beasts fighting the Calamity -- instead refer to Hylia and her Hero fighting against Demise. That way, 10 000 years encompasses just about *all* of Hyrule's history (minus its actual creation by the Golden Goddesses). No matter what time…

• Zelda Headcanons

Vortexxy died? Hylia ... what a shame. Her dungeon theories were amazing.

• Zelda Headcanons

I always thought the Silent Realm and the Sacred Realm were one and the same. Is it really necessary to have them as different "spheres"? Same with the "dark sacred realm". The Dark World from ALttP is confirmed in-game to *be* the corrupted Sacred Realm (or Golden Land). Anyway, I had my own headcanon for BotW: You know the two nameless Hylian Knights who accompany Zelda in Daruk and Revali's Champion Ballad cutscenes? I figured out names for them: Biggs and Wedge. In several Final Fantasy game…

• ^ Neuromancer is amazing! I read it for a sci fi class in university, and it really is as revolutionary as its reputation suggests. Enjoy!

• Perhaps in the distant past, first controllers of the Divine Beasts *were* the Sages. There was concept art for more than the four of them seen in-game, and there's a model for a whale-like one in Purah's laboratory. Even though it is possible from a gameplay perspective to kill Calamity Ganon without the Divine Beasts, we can assume that in-canon, they were freed and participated, similar to how Hyrule Historia outright says Link used the Fierce Deity Mask to defeat Majora's Mask (even though i…

• I would personally love to see the backstory of Twilight Princess get made into an actual game. Flesh out the Interlopers, show how they managed, however briefly, to take over Hyrule. Maybe go out on a limb and flip the Hero/Princess perspective for a change? Why not have a Heroine and Prince find the Light Spirits and defeat the Interlopers with their help? Maybe even have an epilogue showing the Interlopers become the Twili? Barring that, I'd love to see a return of Majora's Mask. It was quite…