Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 201-240 of 913.
  • I would recommend actually playing and finishing the game, then seeing and deciding for yourself whether or not you like it. ALttP is available on the Virtual console for the WiiU and newer 3DS systems, and is included in the SNES Mini. If you have an old DS or GBA and you can find it, it's also available for the GBA. In any kind of media, it's best to form opinions based on the original source.

• So we're in that point where we've all played the heck out of BotW, and no new Zelda games have been announced. What to do to quench that new Zelda craving? Read fanfiction, of course! This thread is so community members can recommend Zelda fan fiction that we've found in our Internet browsing, and have enjoyed, either here in the ZU Creative Corner, or elsewhere on the internet. Feel free to give little mini reviews, and to advertise your own or your friend's fanfics. Please keep things family …

• Mod Note: Again, the thread is called Best reoccuring characters. Please stay on topic, as the OP requested.

• In real life, most monarchs of countries are identified by their name, followed by a number (if they aren't the only one from their country's history who had that name), making a relatively easy to follow list for historians. For example, the Commonwealth's current Queen is Elizabeth II. I wanted to use a similar system in my fanfics, but the nature of the Zelda series makes a neat, orderly list kind of impossible. Between the timeline split and the fact that every ruling Queen of Hyrule is name…

• Ezlo said it was okay . Blame her But yes, thank you to everyone else that participated and voted! I think it's only fair that @Fluttershy picks the next contest theme. There, now everyone should be happy. I'm participating more as a way to practice my writing anyway. I don't really care whether I "win" or not. It's all good!

• You have a good point, @EzloSpirit So here are my reviews and votes: Entry 1 "A Singaporean Summer" Even though I'm an English grad, if it isn't Coleridge, Eliot or Shakespeare, poetry really isn't my thing. It's okay, I guess. Definitely brings to mind summer. Entry 2 "Simply a dream" Flash fiction occupies a weird place between poetry and regular prose, and it's not my specialty either. Basically, this story was way too short for me to become invested in Tina at all. So I had no real reason to…

• Quote from SacredSturgeon: “Why don't you vote as well? Lead by example and all that. :p ” Just because I'm a mod of the Creativity Corner and I don't want to be accused of playing favourites. Otherwise, I totally would. Oh, and just a reminder to those concerned about formatting, the boards have a terrible tendency to screw up formatting when copying something from Word, like eliminating spaces after periods. Believe me, I know from my own uploads. That said, I encourage voters to judge based o…

• My husband surprised me this afternoon with a matinee showing at the theatre down the street! I actually quite enjoyed it. Not as good as the original Jurassic World, but still good. (Hidden Content)

• No luck on the Blue Proto Drake, but I finally finished the Glory of the Udular Raider achievement today! Got the Rusted and Iron-Bound Proto Drakes for my collection! The Iron-bound one looks really nice too! I'm only one achieve away from Glory of the Firelands Raider, but we need 6 ppl to finish it. Yeah, I'm never getting it. There's no way we'll be able to get that big a group together for a raid from 4 expansions ago

• Come on people! We need more votes here!

• Attention all WoW players! If you're like me, and haven't played in a while, Blizzard is hosting a "Return Weekend" this weekend. Play your high levels without having to pay for game time! I'm going on a mount run! Fingers crossed I can *finally* get that friggin' blue proto-drake! I've been trying for that one since WotLK!

• I've been outlining the next chapter in "Zelda's Redemption". Basically, it's the "fun at Hateno Village" chapter, before the real adventure begins. A bit boring, but necessary for world building. It's not like BotW gives me that much to work with, lol.

• Someone actually read Staircase? I'm honoured!

• 154-Majora's Mask (+) 36-Wind Waker (-)

• 149-Majora's Mask (+) 41-Wind Waker (-) You know which to pick... tumblr_o8sgthVd7r1r55klgo1_500.gif

• 143-Majora's Mask (+) 47-Wind Waker (-)

• 117- Majora's Mask (+) 73- Wind Waker (-)

• Zelda Headcanons

Violetlight - - Theorizing

Quote from logicalpencils: “Quote from Violetlight: “Quote from logicalpencils: “ ” My point is that in Hyrule, the females would have either an X or a Y in their eggs, and the males would have all X sperm. It's the reverse of the genetic norm for Earth mammals. Therefore, the mothers could "give" a X or Y, because the eggs would have either.Females have XX chromosomes in their matured cells. Gametes (eggs and sperm) are different in that they only have half of the chromosomal pairs of other cel…

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from logicalpencils: “My point, violet, is that if females are the ones who have XX cells, they can't give a Y because they do not have one, and thus cannot be the sex-determining gamete. The male, who could have either X or Y in the sperm, would determine gender. ” My point is that in Hyrule, the females would have either an X or a Y in their eggs, and the males would have all X sperm. It's the reverse of the genetic norm for Earth mammals. Therefore, the mothers could "give" a X or Y, be…

• 8 - A Link to the Past (-) 35 - Link's Awakening 52 - Majora's Mask 51 - Wind Waker 8 - A Link Between Worlds (+) 36 - Breath of the Wild

• Zelda Headcanons

@logicalpencils, that's not how gametes work. They determine the sex of an individual by the combination of the two cells together into one. It doesn't really matter which parent "gives" which cell. Besides, there's a real life analogue. Birds use the ZW sex determination system, where the sex of the offspring is determined by the female's egg.

• Zelda Headcanons

There's an easy way to make @BackSet 's theory work. In the "human" races in Zelda, the female eggs are the cells that have differing sex chromosomes (X or Y), while the males' sperm all have Xs. Gerudo just have a mutation so that most of their eggs are also Xs, making the resulting embryos XX - female. XY = male. I had a similar idea for my earlier Gerudo theory.

• 9 - A Link to the Past (-) 32 - Link's Awakening 4 - Ocarina of Time 48 - Majora's Mask 10 - Oracle of Seasons 47 - The Wind Waker 11 - A Link Between Worlds (+) 29 - Breath of the Wild Yes, I like ALBW better than ALttP.

• 10 - A Link to the Past 31 - Link's Awakening 9 - Ocarina of Time 46 - Majora's Mask (+) 10 - Oracle of Seasons 44 - The Wind Waker 2 - The Minish Cap (-) 12 - A Link Between Worlds 26 - Breath of the Wild Nice knowing you, Minish Cap!

• Zelda Headcanons

A headcanon I'm using for my fanfics regarding the Gerudo: Gerudo, Hylians and Shiekah (and, by extension, Twili), are all technically the same species, biologically speaking, in that all three can reproduce together and produce fertile offspring. Gerudo, however, have their well-known sex ratio that favours females to the extent that males with the Gerudo phenotype (outward features) are so rare as to said to only occur every 100 years. However, Gerudo *are* capable of having sons more often. I…

• ^ Issues are one thing. Outright contradicting itself, never mind previously-established lore, is just bad editing. It never should have went to press in such a state.

• 2 - The Adventure of Link (-) 10 - A Link to the Past 31 - Link's Awakening 9 - Ocarina of Time 44 - Majora's Mask (+) 10 - Oracle of Seasons 40 - The Wind Waker 6 - The Minish Cap 12 - A Link Between Worlds 26 - Breath of the Wild Next 2 people, please put AoL out of its misery

• 7 - The Adventure of Link (-) 10 - A Link to the Past 31 - Link's Awakening 11 - Ocarina of Time 40 - Majora's Mask 10 - Oracle of Seasons 36 - The Wind Waker 9 - The Minish Cap 12 - A Link Between Worlds (+) 24 - Breath of the Wild

• The Hyrule Compendium 2.0

Violetlight - - Creative Corner

I'd say the armour descriptions and other little blurbs in the Shiekah Slate menus are fair game. Rewrite away!

• 7 - The Adventure of Link (-) 10 - A Link to the Past 31 - Link's Awakening 12 - Ocarina of Time 35 - Majora's Mask 12 - Oracle of Seasons 9 - Oracle of Ages 32 - The Wind Waker 9 - The Minish Cap 11 - A Link Between Worlds (+) 22 - Breath of the Wild A Link Between Worlds needs some love

• 9 - The Adventure of Link (-) 10 - A Link to the Past 31 - Link's Awakening 12 - Ocarina of Time 33 - Majora's Mask (+) 12 - Oracle of Seasons 9 - Oracle of Ages 30 - The Wind Waker 9 - The Minish Cap 4 - Skyward Sword 10 - A Link Between Worlds 21 - Breath of the Wild

• I'm so looking forward to this movie! I remember being 10 years old, jumping up and down in the line for the first Jurassic Park movie! For Christmas that year, I got the Jurassic Park compound playset, a home for all my toy dinosaurs! Screw Barbie Dreamhouses. That was the toy to have! More recently, my husband took me to see Jurassic World when I was finally discharged from the hospital after having our son. It was a really nice way to start to get back to normal, by going to see a nostalgic m…

• Just spent half an hour dancing and singing to classic Ernie and Bert sketches with my son. Here's a few of them: Imagine That Here Fishy Fishy Fishy Do the Duck Jump! I wouldn't give up that time with my baby boy for anything! Not all screentime is evil (and some of it is hilarious!)

• Got distracted by my toddler. Fixed!

• 10 - The Legend of Zelda 9 - The Adventure of Link 10 - A Link to the Past 11 - Link's Awakening (+) 10 - Ocarina of Time 11 - Majora's Mask 10 - Oracle of Seasons 10 - Oracle of Age 10 - Four Swords 12 - The Wind Waker 10 - Four Swords Adventures 10 - The Minish Cap 07 - Twilight Princess 10 - Phantom Hourglass 10 - Spirit Tracks 10 - Skyward Sword 11 - A Link Between Worlds 08 - Tri Force Heroes (-) 11 - Breath of the Wild

• Just to be clear, are we talking about Link and Zelda as partners in regards to their respective roles in the games, or in a shipping sense? Windwaker got my vote. In most games, Zelda is just a princess Link has to save. In BotW, they seemed to contrast in attitude too much to be really considered "partners" in any sense of the word. Zelda, or more likely King Rhoan is just Link's boss, and I got the impression he wanted their relationship to remain strictly professional. I didn't like the forc…

• Regarding @misisme33 's post: I like the more spiky-finned look of Mipha's concept art. It makes her look more like a River Zora, and implies a connection between the two Zora lines. I wish they had gone with this, or had shown a more refined version the actual River Zoras also in the concept art. It would have made the lore more interesting, IMO.

• Just haven't been able to think of one for this month's theme, but I'd hate to see the contest stop. Please get your entries in people!

• Quote from AllStarNemesis: “Quote from Violetlight: “Quote from Evran_Speer: “Yeah, I like to blame Zelda for letting Ganondorf get the Triforce, but really, she just stumbled into a glaring oversight in the whole design of the seal (among her other mistakes, of course). ” To be fair, OoT Zelda was just a 9-10 year old kid at the time. She had no idea what she was getting into.If anything, Impa is the one to blame. As soon as the part in Zelda's dream about a forest kid coming with the spiritual…

• Quote from Evran_Speer: “Yeah, I like to blame Zelda for letting Ganondorf get the Triforce, but really, she just stumbled into a glaring oversight in the whole design of the seal (among her other mistakes, of course). ” To be fair, OoT Zelda was just a 9-10 year old kid at the time. She had no idea what she was getting into. If anything, Impa is the one to blame. As soon as the part in Zelda's dream about a forest kid coming with the spiritual stone came true, she should taken both kids straigh…