Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 121-160 of 913.
  • An Unwanted Journey

Violetlight - - Creative Corner

Hermes too! And that totally went over my head, lol.

• An Unwanted Journey

It's unusual that someone would start their Pokemon Journey (as it were) with an already-evolved pokemon, but I suppose Artemis' age and the fact that he isn't a typical 11 year old going to the gyms excuses that. By the way, "Artemis" is the name of a Greek goddess. Yes, it's also the name of a male cat in Sailor Moon, but it's usually a girls' name due to the original source material, though I suppose you already knew that since his Umbreon is Athena. Are Olympian names going to be a theme? Lo…

• Fan Fiction Competition!

I'm in!

• I don't think there's much point in me getting game time until I'm back from mu trip at the end of the month, but it sounds like an awesome expansion! I can't wait!

• What’s in a Character?

I tend to develop my characters more organically when I write, just write what comes to mind and what works well for the situation at hand. If I don't like it later, I can always go back and edit the heck out of my work. That said, I'm having a little difficulty with the character who is supposed to be the protagonist in my original (as of right now, nameless) novel, an insect-obsessed university student named Lana. She started out as a character from a kids' story I wrote for a school project i…

• @Dark Link Reigns You can get Legend of Dragoon on PSN. My husband plays it on our PS4. It's one of his favourites too. Does the SNES Classic version of Super Mario RPG count as a rerelease? Anyway ... huh. This is a hard one. Most of the games I like have been rereleased on modern consoles, though I am partial to NIntendo games so no surprise there. Heck, I still remember when "Nintendo Game" was a synonym for video games in general! The only one I can think of in my collection that I have to h…

• Just watched the first 2 episodes of "Disenchantment", a new Netflix series by Matt Groening. It's about a drunk princess, her demon friend, and a runaway Keebler Elf in what amounts to basically Fantasy Futurama, and it's awesome so far!

• Unpopular Opinions

Violetlight - - General Chit-Chat

I agree completely that dog racing should be banned, as the dogs are rarely treated well. Horse racing is a bit more iffy. Race horses are generally well-treated, from my understanding, so as long as they are allowed to "retire" i.e. go to a farm and live peacefully after their racing careers are finished, I don't have too much of a problem with it. It's likely that if they weren't deemed "useful" for racing, chances are the horses would be just sent to be glue or dog food anyway, as was the fat…

• Getting my armour-clad butt handed to me by the boss in Maridia in Super Metroid. I think I need to go back and find some more Energy Tanks before trying again. It's weird - Kraid and Phantoom were no problem. While watching my husband play Super Mario RPG (he just reached Monstro Town), I came up with an interesting theory. When you first pick up Geno, he tells the boss you face right afterwards that he serves a "higher power" and can't have the Star Piece. What if the "higher power" Geno serve…

• The Blood Club

This is an interesting story. I particularly liked the chapter with the play, that freaked the King out so badly. Is his name Claudius by any chance? It seemed like something straight out of Hamlet! Subbing

• ALBW Sages Discussion

Violetlight - - Theorizing

@misisme33 Remember that ALttP was the first game in the series to have story in-game, not just in the instruction manuals. The other races hadn't even been designed at that point, so from the point of view of that game, the whole "blood of the wise men" thing made sense. However, OoT and all subsequent games have changed that. It's not a bad thing - I think the series as a whole is better for having Zoras/Gerudo/Gorons/Kokiri etc. However, it would have been nice if ALBW, as a sequel to ALttP a…

• ALBW Sages Discussion

I'm of the belief that the Maidens in ALttP being blood descendants, by which I mean direct family members, of the OoT Sages, is not exactly true. In contrast, they are inheritors of the Sage powers, so descendants of the power, but do not necessarily have to be direct family members. Therefore, it's entirely possible that Sages that would otherwise not have descendants without a major rewrite (Saria due to her race, Impa and Rauru possibly due to their ages) or to whom the Maidens are an entire…

• Game Boy Classic

Violetlight - - General Gaming

Quote from john_marston: “If it would include Shantae I'd 100% pick up a gameboy classic. The price of the original cartridge is just ridiculous. ” If you have a 3DS, you can get Shantae on the Virtual Console for about $5. That's what I did

• Just thought of a cool idea for a boss fight in a CT game: The Hero's Shade is pissed at this game's incarnation of Link, and we have to fight him! We'd get our asses handed to us, but still. It would be a fun fight! Like Dark Link in OoT x 100!

• I was playing Super Mario Bros 2 last night on my NES Classic, and I'm happy to say I suck less at that one than Mario 3! Princess Peach ftw!

• I know MatPat isn't the most popular YouTuber on this board (so he screwed up with the the "MM Link is Dead" theory -- that was one of his firsts, and he's improved a hell of a lot since then), but I agree wholeheartedly with his assertion that BotW *should* fall on the Fallen Hero Timeline. It's not just the yellow stripe on the hat, or the Sage references. It's the whole thematic feel of BotW. If it's all about "getting back to the series' roots", what better why then to make it the open world…

• Hyrule Conquest

Really cool to see Hylia as a competent swordswoman! I'd love to see your take on Twilight Princess Zelda, or another incarnation with the rapier, especially if she uses Olympic Epee style fencing. (I was on my university's varsity fencing team. I sucked at it, but I still loved it, and it's not seen in fiction very often) I thought maybe the bird people were a different kind of Rito, or maybe an evolved Oocca, but it's actually really cool and unique to see them as your version of Wizzrobes. Ve…

• Quote from Chel: “What'd you think of Starfox 2? ” My husband's the big Starfox fan, not I. I suck even worse at rail shooters than I do at platformers, lol. He was kinda disappointed in it. He said the gameplay's basically identical to, I think Star Fox Command? Whatever the one for the DS was. I think he's still disappointed it didn't come out back when he was a kid and was really looking forward to it for his birthday. I'm interested in the stories behind the other two team members though, Fa…

• Video games and escapism

I figure that as long as the "important" things in life are taken care of: i.e. your bills are paid, you go to work, you take care of your kids (if you have any), then how you spend what free time you have is your business and yours alone. I love reading, but sometimes I prefer to play a game. So what? I don't consider one any better or worse than the other. Honestly, what some people consider "wastes of time" changes with every generation. In the 1950s, the Moral Guardians were all up in arms a…

• "Guilty Pleasure" Games

Like the OP, Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest was my first JRPG, and I still love the game, even if it is Baby's First Final Fantasy. I was thrilled when a couple of its songs showed up in Theatrerhythm! Does Theatrerhythm count as another one? Is it bad that I want a Zelda spinoff along the same lines, and I don't care if it's a rhythm game?

• My husband and I finally got ahold of an NES Classic a few weeks ago, and today we spent the afternoon playing 2 player Super Mario 3, and discovering how much we suck at platformers now compared to when we were kids, lol. It really doesn't help that our son thinks it's hilarious whenever Mario or Luigi fall down a hole. We have an SNES Classic as well, so I've been working my way through Super Metroid (and similarly sucking), and just finished ALttP. I'm quite tempted by the Original Final Fant…

• Quote from logicalpencils: “Nintendo gives a lot of craps about story consistency, they just don't think that cementing a location in history for it is absolutely necessary for now. The story of BoW isn't shoddy just because you don't like the way it handles the mystery, there is no confirmation of a merge (and dev statements seem to imply they don't even consider that a possibility -- they're always saying "we don't know which one"), and everyone needs to just calm down. ” I have to disagree, a…

• This latest post from Nintendo means nothing. I wish they'd just outright admit at this point that they don't give a crap about story consistancy. Gameplay first is all well and good, but it shouldn't be used as an excuse to allow such shoddy storytelling. Honestly, fanfiction.net had greater publishing standards at this point!

• Midna: I mean, really! Is my True Form really so ugly that all those Hentai artists prefer me like this? And with you as a wolf too in most of them! What's wrong with those people! Besides the obvious, that is? Link: ... what exactly have you been Googling?

• Unpopular Opinions

^ Is there anyone who's played FFVI who doesn't consider it the best Final Fantasy?! Weirdos ... World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria was the best expansion!

• Game Boy Classic

So I just finished my run-through of ALttP on my SNES Classic. We finally got ahold of an SNES Classic about a week ago, so Zelda 1/2 (and multiplayer Mario 3!) are next of my list of retro gaming, along with Super Metroid and a "Natural Magic" run of FFVI on the SNES Classic. Anyway, there's been a lot of talk about a N64 Classic being the next in the "Classic" plug-in console series, but I was thinking there's another system that might work better - the original Gameboy and/or Gameboy Colour! …

• Ideas for future companions

Violetlight - - Future Zelda

The divine beasts in BotW would have been way better if the New Champions had been your dungeon buddies. They could easily be the "Donald/Goofy" to your "Sora". But yeah, a JRPG-style Zelda game would be amazing! It worked for Mario, of all franchises. Why not Zelda? I'm frankly surprised it wasn't made years ago.

• Baby on the way!

Congrats on the baby! Navi is a really nice name, and sounds "normal" enough that non-fans likely wouldn't complain too much about it. I have a 3 year old myself, and if he had been a girl, we would have named her Saria. I was writing a fanfic about Saria when I first met my husband, so the name has special significance to us. Besides, most non-Zelda fans think it's a creative variation on "Sarah". My baby ended up being a boy though, and we went with Arden. It's still a reference to the forest …

• I'd like to see a "Sage" series of amiibos. Like the six sages from Oot, the seven from ALBW, the two from TWW. I'd also like to see the New Champions from BotW get some amiibo love - Sidon, Riju, Teba and Yunobo.

• Zelda Headcanons

I didn't think he was a robot at the beginning of BotW, but rather, a clone. Link literally died 100 years ago. The Shrine of Resurrection took so long because it had to rebuild his body, and then connect the Spirit of the Hero to it. He remembers nothing because technically, that wasn't his life.

• Zelda Headcanons

@Guinea it's just in my fanfic that I had the Mario universe as a series of storybooks/novels in Hyrule, but thanks for the shout out! Also, Chain Chomps at least are canon to the Zelda universe. They can be found in one of the dungeons (Turtle Rock, I think) in ALttP Imagine if they had Shiekah Tech chain chomps in BotW! That would have been awesome!

• Unpopular Opinions

Being on the autistic spectrum is actually pretty awesome, and I'd never want to be "normal".

• Quote from Dybia: “Quote from Postman: “Both sides committed atrocities I guess, but I would just like some of that to be more fleshed out. ” Name 3 atrocities the alliance have committed and accidents don't count. ” 1. Ostracizing the High Elves after the Lich King's attack, basically driving the survivors into the Horde 2. Imprisoning the Orcs in concentration camps after WCII 3. Giving an undeserving, power-hungry prince so much power that he only craved more, directly leading to him becoming…

• @BackSet Have you read/watched CLAMP's XXXholic? The protagonist, Watanuki, suffers from a similar problem. It might be inspiring for you.

• Beautiful comic! I love how it shows the Hero of Time's adventures after Majora's Mask, and it's sweet that he decided to keep his promise to Ruto. But would he have even made that promise in the Child Timeline? I guess it doesn't matter. It does raise a question, however. If Link and Ruto's kids were Zoras (or at least half Zora), how is the Hero of Twilight purely Hylian? If you decide to write/draw a comic explaining that little question, I'd love to see it!

• ^ And what if you earned the Dark Link outfit from defeating him? Like, a random piece drops after every encounter? (You could literally knock the pants off him!) Would have been so much better than just buying it off Kilton.

• I've been reading one of the more unusual entries in the Dragonriders of Pern series, "Dragonsfire" by Jody Lynn Nye. This, along with "Dragon Harper" is one of the very few Pern books written by somebody other than Anne McCaffrey or her son Todd. It's a game book, so like a choose your own adventure story, focusing on Mirrim, a character I always found interesting but always seemed to get the short end of the stick in canon. Mirrim is the first girl to Impress a fighting dragon, Green Path, in …

• This was tough. "Music Box" was really cute, and I can relate to a mischievous toddler for sure! However, I loved "Sonata of the Apocalypse"'s Indiana Jones references, and the sheer ridiculousness of the premise. It reminded me very much of the Douglas Adams/Monty Python brand of humour, and I'm a huge fan of both! Entry #2 gets my vote.

• Crap. Only done the first page, and there's no way I'll finish up in 3 minutes. Oh well. Guess I'll be sitting this month out. Oh well. I guess I'll have better luck next month.

• Saying Link's hair isn't pink in ALttP is like saying Terra's hair isn't actually green in FFVI. Sure, the concept art may imply as such, but the colourful SNES sprites are just more fun. Besides, it makes ALttP Link even more badass IMO, to think he vanquished more dungeons than any other Link, with pink hair to boot!