Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 319.
  • I have to say the visual similarities between BotW and TP have been a hugely compelling element for the CT argument, as far as I'm concerned. When I saw the Blights, I actually paused the video and said to my boyfriend, "Doesn't that look like a freaking Shadow Beast?" Plus the Sheikah tech and general motif reminds me of the Twili a lot. Although that last part is support for the theory that the Twili and Sheikah are related, and not necessarily for any timeline placement, as Sheikah tech would…

• Hey, quick question... Is there any verbal reference to the Triforce in the game? Is the Royal Family aware of it? I don't recall seeing any but I also don't recall noting the absence of any.

• Quote from Instrutilus: “Actually, speaking of the mines, there's another thing that I think adds to the CT argument: the technology. TP had plenty of tech in use, the cannons, the electromagnetic cranes in the Mines, a speaker system if I recall Malo Mart correctly, I'll have to check later. Makes more sense for them to develop the Guardians. ” I agree with you, but we see in SS that the ancient civilization -- arguably ancient Hylians -- had developed high tech in the past, so there's theoreti…

• It's a lovely coral shade, and I'd love to meet her stylist, it's but nowhere near the vibrancy of the River Zora gills and the hoods of the mudblood Zora from BotW.

• Proposal: River and Ocean Zora re-interbred with each other, resulting in the abnormal Zora we see in BotW. Only some of those guys resemble the Ocean Zora. All the others have almost a completely new design. And while I'm sure the real explanation is that the developers wanted to use a new design for fun, the in-game explanation could be mingled DNA. The red hoods on Mipha and her brother reminded me (gut reaction) to the red gills on the River Zora. Of course you could still argue "Why isn't i…

• I'm ready to officially throw in my bid. Downfall Timeline. The very end. I think this one has the most evidence and least contradictions. Even the ending, (Hidden Content). And, to me, just by my gut, that seals the deal. I think they wanted to give an end to the "original" Zelda timeline.

• Quote from Froyo: “Quote from EdenH333: “Ii'm back, did you guys figure it out yet? ” You shouldn't have left in the first place ;-; ” I'd like to say I took time off to play BotW but alas, I am still poor.

• Ii'm back, did you guys figure it out yet?

• Zelda Movie Cast

EdenH333 - - General Zelda

@Cid I think you just won the thread.

• Quote from darkoffspring: “That said, there are many overt instances of Zelink... SS and Spirit Tracks being the most blatant... OoX AoL BotW (kinda) ” At the end of the game, (Hidden Content)

• @River Zora As far as I can tell the Downfall Timeline has the most Pros, so I don't see what you're talking about. @Fal'Cie Interesting list. It seems like the element causing the biggest kerfuffle is the Zora Tablets. They're problematic no matter which timeline you place them in. The DT seems like the simplest explanation.

• Haven't thought long enough about it to develop a back story for the Big Bad yet, but I had the idea that he's a spirit that lives in the Lost Woods, and he just happens to come across Link at this time. He senses the Triforce of Courage and its power, and believes that he could use it to break free from the Lost Woods and claim a new world as his own. He'd be more of an entity, like Majora, than a physical figure like Ganondorf. That's about all I got for him right now. I'm glad you brought thi…

• Quote from HyperBoyG: “Quote from Instrutilus: “@logicalpencils Is it such a stretch that perhaps the Sages awoke in the CT as well? ” "When evil rules all, an awakening voice from the Sacred Realm will call those destined to be Sages, who dwell in the five temples." - Sheik (Ocarina of Time) Evil never ruled all in the CT. The awakening voice wouldn't call the Sages. ” Ignoring the fact that the language used here was most likely dramatized for maximum effect, that doesn't mean that those are t…

• Would You Rather? A Forum Game

EdenH333 - - Forum Games

I guess Termina. I'd rather avoid my recurring nightmare of cataclysmic flood coming true. lol Would you rather only ever play Adventure of Link, or only even play Legend of Zelda, without the sword?

• Kebin R,. I suck.

• Zelda Movie Cast

I very much disagree, especially considering OoT got called racist by people saying that the Gerudo (Ganondorf included) were a demonizing of Middle Easter people, for their dark skin and big noses. But, this post is meant for fun, not for debating semantics.

• Zelda Movie Cast

lol, I never thought Momoa was anywhere near pretty... but to each their own. Also, I didn't want to cast a white guy for Ganondorf. As bad as it may look to have the villain be one of the few non-white characters, that's just how Ganondorf looks.

• Tried witcher 3

EdenH333 - - General Gaming

Gameplay feels different for everyone. It's like a musical instrument: You might take easily to piano, but never get the hang of a guitar, because of the way your brain works. One of the reasons I have trouble getting into Morrowind, despite my love of a lot of its mechanics, is how clunky the combat is. Sucks, and eventually I'm going to buy the game again and retry, but it's very distracting. Other games I tried I just never could get into the flow of their mechanics. It's all a matter of adju…

• I disagree on that very much. I think they have to care, because they know the fans care. And the fans are where they're getting their paycheck from, so, to an extent, they do have to maintain a reasonable semblance timeline. Just some things take a backseat for them taking the timeline in different directions. I believe they would retcon the s*** out of the Hylian extinction if they thought it would make a more compelling story that the fans would enjoy.

• Zelda Movie Cast

I'm sure this has been talked about numerous times before, but there hasn't been a thread since 2005, it looks like. So, who would you pick for the cast of a Zelda live-action movie? Or, if animated, what voice actors would you cast? Unfortunately, he'd be too old now, but I think Andrew Garfield would have been perfect for adult Link. Andrew-Garfield-height-weight-1.jpg And Evan Rachel Wood would make a great Zelda, based off the TP design. rehost%2F2016%2F10%2F4%2F608eb656-801e-4102-b180-74576…

• Sorry for the double-post, the forum isn't letting me edit my posts for some reason. Just wanted to say since I think the Sheikah are the "Dark Interlopers" anyway, the whole "the Sheikah aren't really dead" thing doesn't change my opinion. My point is the same: Nintendo doesn't care about keeping dead/absent races dead/absent.

• Regarding the Hylian argument... You know what other extinct race this game has? Sheikah. Impa is said to be the last of them as of OoT, so... yeah, looks like the developers are not opposed to resurrecting dead races. Not to mention the Gerudo being banished to the Twilight Realm with Ganondorf in TP, then suddenly being a thriving society again in FSA.

• I think it's tenuous at best to say that place names could be evidence for a certain timeline. We've already established that names of people and objects can appear in conflicting timelines (like the "triumph fork" reference in MC). The problem is that there are lots of seemingly significant things that are really just red herrings. Tingle being in WW didn't place it in the CT, and MM containing Ballad of the Wind Fish didn't place it in the DT. It's near impossible to determine which clues are …

• Quote from Zesty Crouton: “^ Pre-SS confirmed. Obviously; how could it not be? That whole '10,000' year gap can only make sense at the end of a timeline branch... and since we can't agree on CT/DT/AT, it's CLEARLY got to be the last possible location... Pre-SS. That's why there's so much Hylia worshiping still going on. And why Ganon is so crazy similar to Demise in the sense that they both suck. Also, the guardians evolved into the robots from the Lanyru Desert, and the Dragons evolved into the…

• I think it's either DT or CT. I think there's strong evidence for both. I don't subscribe to the Dragonbreak theory, though I don't think it's impossible. I would really like it to be DT because I think it fits the best.

• Quote from Instrutilus: “My personal thought is Ganon is Gerudo for "King", so he's literally "King Dorf." I've also been told Dorf is Japanese for Thief, so it'd be King of Thieves, but don't quote me on that as I don't know Japanese. Anyway, Ganon chooses to only call himself "King" because that's what he views himself, King of all. ” "Dorf" is not a Japanese word... whoever told you that is either misinformed or screwing with you... lol. It does mean "village" in German. I believe it was also…

• Quote from Octorocker: “The only thing is acknowledging Ruto as a Sage, which I can't really work around unless the OoT Sages awaken, and then turn into the Spirit Sages seen in TP for some reason. ” They retired and moved to Florida. No, but for real, I do have a theory that could amend this... So you remember that other cut scene in TP, the one where Link is being told about the "Interloper War"? The Interlopers are represented by a bunch of Dark Links, but that does not mean that Hyrule was A…

• Quote from Castigear: “I personally don't think the Koroks existing precludes any timeline. ” I agree with this point, I think the Koroks, as well as the Rito, have the potential to exist in every timeline. They're forest spirits. I don't think the Great Flood is necessary for their appearance. However I felt it was important to include all Pros and Cons, even the ones that we can think of ways around. Unfortunately for the Kikwi > Kokiri > Korok theory, the Hyrule Encyclopedia says the Kikwi we…

• Incomplete list I'm compiling of pros and cons for all timelines. I'm excluding Zelda's references aside from the "dyed in Twilight" (which appears in the Japanese version) for now, as the ALttP and WW references seem to be an NoA inclusion, not intended by Japanese developers. Also note that, obviously, some evidence is stronger than other bits of evidence. I'm not going to go into elaborate analysis over which pieces of evidence are stronger. I'm just including everything. Downfall Timeline: P…

• Silverchair helps me relax, for some reason. Especially this song: youtube.com/watch?v=zNK_r2QAXAo

• Zelda Headcanons

EdenH333 - - Theorizing

The "Interloper War" occurred when the Gerudo, already at war with the Royal Family, went to the Sheikah and convinced them, "The Royal Family doesn't care about you, look at how many of your people they've let die for their cause. We should join forces against them." Some of the Sheikah (like Impa) stay true to the Royal Family. Others, similar to the Yiga Clan, joined the Gerudo. So the traitorous Sheikah took one of their old artifacts, the Fused Shadows, and turned it against Hyrule. Eventua…

• youtube.com/watch?v=njVWePGkZjo This is from before the game was fully released, so normally I would dismiss it, but I thought he made some interesting points that might be of interest here.

• OK, on the whole Occam's Razor thing, since apparently it's not clear what that means... When playing TWW for example, and we're told that Medli's ancestor is a Zora... Occam's Razor would say, the Zora evolved into the Rito. It's a little weird, but it's a simple explanation. The same thing happened when we first saw the trailer for BotW and heard the mysterious voice. Everyone assumed it was Zelda because that was the simplest answer. And guess what? It was! Now, let's look at Zelda's speech. …

• The Wind Waker was one of the best Zelda stories I've ever seen. I was highly emotionally engaged in that ending. Freaking epic. But even still, MM really hits you where it hurts. The whole game is just pervaded by a sense of doom and sorrow. The music is always filled with dread. It's a masterpiece of a game.

• Interesting Video on MM

EdenH333 - - Classic Zelda

D'oh. Sorry about that. Fixed it now.

• So about the Gorons, again...

EdenH333 - - Modern Zelda

I thought the Goron in town was female. His/her name was Lyndae (I think), which sounds feminine...

• Interesting Video on MM

EdenH333 - - Classic Zelda

Found this video on YouTube. I found it interesting what they said about the Fierce Deity Mask. Does anyone know how accurate these facts are, though? I don't see any citations. youtube.com/watch?v=o4hAPbRGt78

• Well, right now these are my two favorite playlists: "Dark Electric" "Shivers" - Alec Empire "Let's Get Lost" - Bat for Lashes featuring Beck "000.000" - Beck "Thunderbolt" - Bjork "Crystalline" - Bjork "Bachelorette" - Bjork "Siren or the Seal" - Carice Van Houten "Swing with Me" - Chrysta Bell "Counting to Zero" - Collide "Seven Years in Tibet" - David Bowie "The Big Dream" - David Lynch "Stripped" - Depeche Mode "Psychobabble" - Frou Frou "Sugar" - Garbage "Lovely Head" - Goldfrapp "Iieee" - …

• Majora's Mask wallet and Sheikah eye keychain. It's so big it doesn't fit in my purse, unfortunately. Hahaha! Found the wallet at Comics N Stuff and the keychain at Gamestop.

• That's all you can do, because at this point, there would be plot holes no matter what timeline it falls in. That's where you need to get creative. I wanted this to be the story of the Fallen Hero so bad. I wanted them to retcon the idea of Link dying in OoT, and kind of redeem him. Alas. My next theory was that this was Zelda 3 and it was the same Link from LoZ and AoL -- again, not happening. I never really thought to scope out the CT for placement. That's one reason I kinda think it'll end up…