Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

Quote from Ty.: “If the Let's Go Pokemon games are a full $80, I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was as well. ” But the 80-dollar price does include that pokeball-accessory doesn't it? I think it "only" is 60 dollar if you ignore the pokeball. But yeah, aside from that, good point.

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

Quote from Please Understand: “Quote from MVS: “Quote from Please Understand: “I am guessing Link's Awakening is not a fully priced title. I am definitely getting it day one. ” Hahahahahahahahahahaha, of course it will be full price. Are you kidding? This a Zelda game, not some random Zelda-esque indie title. ” And? It cannot be priced the same as a fully fledged 3D Zelda. It will have the second tier of pricing. I never buy these games at full price anyway as in UK we get really good deals on p…

• Quote from John: “For what it's worth, the "plastic" (more clay, to my mind) look seems pretty clearly deliberate, not an accident of the style. ” How does it make it any better if it was deliberate? I still really don't like it. Well at least this is "just" a remake and not a new entry in the series. I can always find an opportunity in the future to play through the original. I am pretty annoyed right now if you couldn't tell haha.

• Quote from The Moon of Termina: “The criticism of the artstyle will probably die down, like it did with Wind Waker. I bet we'll even see this artstyle again. ” I liked TWW from start, and short after my first playthrough I liked it more than OoT. So that isn't that accurate on me at least. TWW never looked plastic, it was just radically different.

• @Topaz Mutiny Could have been waaaay worse though. Imagine if they just showed us a 30 second teaser of just and only that animation... and then "coming out later this year". *Couple of months later* E3: They show us the rest of that trailer. That would have been bad, and I actually think that people would have been upset. But since it was in one and the same trailer I can't say that they did anything wrong honestly, but it was just so damn underwhelming and disappointing.

• Quote from Please Understand: “Quote from MVS: “Why couldn't it look more like the animation before it? ” Because it's a budget top-down game. It would take much more work to do that art style justice, and a lot of it would be wasted if it was still just a faithful top-down game. That said, I am not a huge fan of these visuals, but it is not very easy to translate a 25 year old game to modern 3D visuals. They are about on the same level as A Link Between Worlds, except with much more detail due …

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

Quote from Please Understand: “I am guessing Link's Awakening is not a fully priced title. I am definitely getting it day one. ” Hahahahahahahahahahaha, of course it will be full price. Are you kidding? This a Zelda game, not some random Zelda-esque indie title. I guess people are a bit biased, I mean we are on a Zelda forum after all. Many people have thrown shit at Game Freak beforehand when it comes to the 8th generation of Pokemon, that it will just look like an upscaled 3DS game, but someho…

• Quote from Kokopelli: “The last thing I want is for Nintendo to lean towards an even more fake, plastic look. Just go with cel-shading. Even if they do want to go in this direction, I wish they would be a bit less cheap about it; the flowers are still just flat textures. It barely feels like an upgrade to ALBW's graphics. ” Yeah it does kinda look plastic doesn't it? And it reminds me of the NSMB-series. Honestly, if I end up having no other game to play at some point (hah), I may pick this up. …

• Animal Crossing Switch!

MVS - - General Gaming

If I were an Animal Crossing fan I would choose to look at it from the bright side. You don't want it to be rushed do you? The absence of it MAY be because it needs more work. So in the end you will "hopefully" end up with a better game.

• Quote from Canyarion: “It looks so cute, like clay puppets! ” That is my main problem with it. Why couldn't it look more like the animation before it? What a letdown. As I wrote in the Switch-thread, I will probably still play it since I have never played Link's Awakening before. At least not beating it. Tried to once, but I got a piece of shit-German only-game cartridge so that was very pointless.

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

Quote from Vulpes: “The Link's Awakening remake better have new content, because it looks like garbage. Man, I'm not sure I'm gonna buy it, and Link's Awakening is one of my favorite games of all time. I'd rather look at the original than this crap. ” It reminded me of 3D Dot Heroes: youtube.com/watch?v=D7jctodHB18 The animation before the actual gameplay looked so promising, then we got this doll-Link running around. I will probably play it anyway, since I haven't played the original, and I hav…

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

Quote from Advance: “@MVS You're right, that's way sooner than I'd have thought. It's a Switch exclusive, too ” Hah, only fair since we "Switch only"-owners will not get Granblue Fantasy ReLink. But whatever, it's not that I would complain if it was ported to other systems as well. But I guess it is very good for Switch's own sake, with more exclusives.

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

Quote from Reign: “Quote from MVS: “The most intresting was without a doubt Astral Chain. I thought it was one of Monolith Soft's projects at first, especially when I heard "Morag" lol, but Platinum Games are great too. ” I thought so too. The character models reminded me of Xenoblade X, I expected it to be X 2. Oh, I forgot about Oninaki. I haven't played Lost Sphear but I Am Setsuna was good, so Oninaki should be too. ” Yeah I also was reminded of Xenoblade Chronicles X and thought for a momen…

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

Wow Astral Chain will be released August 30th 2019, like really? Damn, missed that in the live stream. Thought that this was something for way later, like late 2019 at the earliest. Is this a Switch exclusive? Or will it be on most platforms? Also, Final Fantasy IX tomorrow, that was a surprise. Too bad I can't play it for reasons, but whenever I get the chance I will start on it. "Too bad" I have so many other games.

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

The most intresting was without a doubt Astral Chain. I thought it was one of Monolith Soft's projects at first, especially when I heard "Morag" lol, but Platinum Games are great too. Pretty disappointed in how Link's Awakening looks to be honest. Wished Link looked a bit more "realistic". Not realistic as in realistic, but more than THAT. Didn't feel that at all. But I guess it is a thing to just get used to. But still.

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

Oninaki was it? Like a spiritual successor to 'I Am Setsuna' and 'Lost Sphear', did I got that right?

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

Ugh, 15 minutes already.

• What is your favorite Zelda quote?

MVS - - General Zelda

Quote from Big Daddy Biggles: “Colin to Link about helping the gorons out in TP. ” Almost right, it was after Colin was saved by Link from King Bulblin. But he take up the "Goron subject" thereafter. So Link is just about to take on the "Goron-problem".

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

So Super Mario Maker 2 eh?

MVS - - General Zelda

Lol I start to feel sorry for Big Daddy Biggles, it is as if he doesn't exist to some people, or that some wishes for a good ol' warning. - "You... You can do anything." Guess where this is from. Somewhat generic yes, but I found it pretty inspiring when I got acrossed it. This is an example where context matter.

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

For a person like me I am pretty fine with missing stuff during my first playthrough. For me it is all about the main quest when I play a game the first time. The second playthrough is usually the more completionist-playthrough where I want to find and do so much stuff as possible, as long as it's not tedious, boring or frustrating (like too hard/unfair). I can totally see myself picking up Vesperia again in the future, but not in the near future. Is there a chance that we will see one of Monoli…

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

Quote from Jehanne: “Vesperia has missable!? Nuuuu... I wonder what I've missed so far. I only just got to the part where you can take optional side quests. ” That's at least what I have heard, and when I was at the final area my "status" or whatever you want to call it was pretty lackluster. Perhaps that specifically wasn't part of the missables... but there are a lot of missables apparently. Don't know for sure myself, but strongly doubt that anyone would lie about something like that.

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

Quote from Guinea: “Not spoiling anything about 9 for MVS's sake: I love this game, but hell, I love them all pretty much. The music is fantastic, the easter eggs are charming, the characters are unique and the plot twists around every turn kept me engaged and... ugh. It's a very, very good RPG. My only spoiler-free gripe: some of the sidequests contain missables, which... really ticked me off. But a lot of RPG's contain missables. It's just that the ones in FF9 hurt the most. ” I am very divide…

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

I will not listen to a single FF9 track lol, I want it to feel fresh when I play it. 9 feels very "unknowny" for me, unlike FF7 where I know who is the antagonist, most of the party members, a lot of music tracks, and some iconic events. But I bet it still will be fun to play. 9 on the other hand I for the most part know nothing about, other than perhaps how some of the main characters looks like, but that's pretty much it.

• Everything you dislike about game canon

MVS - - Theorizing

@gamtos Don't you think the Ritos in BotW could "qualify" in the "kept it but used it in stupid ways"? Don't get me wrong, I really do like the Ritos, but it is pretty stupid how they just casually are in a game where also Zoras exist. In Wind Waker Ritos are evolved Zoras. Sure I can totally buy the idea that it could have been two groups of Zoras that went isolated from eachother in very different environments for a longer period of time... where one group were forced to radically change to su…

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

@Jehanne Without spoiling anything, but what was the deal with 9? The story? The characters? The music? 15 just feels so uninspiring to me, both its graphical style, the story, the stereotypical characters: A silent "emo" protagonist, a "funny" guy, a "nerd" smart guy with glasses, and a tough muscular guy. It looks big, plain and empty. There are real life cars in it. How is this a Fantasy game? Sure if it was like a spinoff or something... Sorry for bashing a game that you like. I may be wrong…

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

Quote from Jehanne: “It was least of my favorite FFs. And that includes 13 ” Honestly, I think 13 looks interesting. 15 looks the least appealing/interesting to me personally. 13 looks and feels like a fantasy from what I have seen of it, whereas 15 does not. If 15 by some miracle would be ported to the Switch I would still not buy it, but if the 13-trilogy would, I would buy it no doubt. The fact that it is unliked by so many makes it even more interesting for me. Sure it may be very linear, ha…

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

Alright, here is my Direct predictions: *Too much focus on Fire Emblem Three Houses *Yoshi's Crafted World *Luigi's Mansion 3 *Metroid Prime Trilogy *Daemon X Machina *Spyro Reignited Trilogy confirmed on Switch *Some new DLC-character for Smash *One Wii U-Deluxe port *Darksiders *Perhaps 2Dish Zelda In other words a fairly okay Direct, even if I will be a bit annoyed about Fire Emblem. Sure I want to know more about it, but if it will be longer than 10 minutes I am going to whine about it. So b…

MVS - - General Zelda

Quote from gamtos: “"...Pay like you're supposed to next time, you cheapskate..." ” The bird from Twilight Princess? "It looks all dark and gloomy... almost like it could start crying any second now... How sad..." Take a guess.

MVS - - General Zelda

@TriforceHolder Lol, those two users that you quoted will be pretty confused at first if/when they log in. Honestly, even if I bash BotW's story telling/progression, there were cutscenes in it that I appreciated. Like the one at the horse-statue where Zelda talks about going up the mountain (Lanayru). "Perhaps the Spring of Wisdom, the final of the three, will be the one. To be honest, I have no real reason to think that will be the case. But there's always the chance that the next moment will c…

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

A perfect opportunity for a FF8 Remake then. Final Fantasy 8 feels like Square Enix's Majora's Mask in the way they are treating it. Sometimes (especially before) it feels like Nintendo pretend that Majora's Mask doesn't exist. Like in some 25 anniversary-thing if I remember correctly, where they didn't even show Majora's Mask. I knew they did it in one anniversary-clip, but I remember there was some other thing where they didn't... and this was at the time where people were up in arms for a Maj…

• Zelda Geography

MVS - - Theorizing

Damn where do you get all the energy from doing this lol? Especially @Guiguitargz. Looks exhausting matching everything up like this, or it is just me being uninterested in map-matching. I am impressed though. What do you prefer, a new big open world game that expand the Hyrule map even further and introduces new provinces, or an equally big game but keeps BotW's map and introduces another continent/land? Personally I am probably fine with both, but would be cool with a future Zelda that is like…

• Quote from JP the Neurotic: “The trailer showed graphics that the final gaje wasn’t even capable of ” Well I saw a comparison video just now, and sure there are significant differences, but nothing that I would be too upset about. I don't know, perhaps because I don't care that much about visuals (even though great visuals are a big bonus of course). And yeah it got downgraded, but should more have to do with that they overestimated the capabilities of the PS3. But sure, misleading nontheless. B…

• Quote from JP the Neurotic: “You’re confusing misleading with misdirection If you want to talk about actually misleading trailers killzone 2 ” Well it is a question of definition. Even if there are worse examples out there, doesn't mean that my examples aren't misleading. And since I have never played Killzone 2, or any game of that series... it is pretty uninteresting for me to watch trailers from that game. Instead, explain what it is that makes those trailers misleading, and we can discuss th…

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

Quote from Please Understand: “Quote from MVS: “But I don't like waifu-simulators, what about me? ” Play something else. Not every game is for everyone. ” Every game SHOULD be for me. I don't think however that there are actual people out there who are Fire Emblem fans who would NOT buy Three Houses if IntSys said that there are no Waifu-content in the game. They will buy it anyway obviously. Not that big of a deal. Many people complained about the breaking equipment-thing in BotW, but they boug…

• Quote from Please Understand: “Saying disconnected audio and video is misleading kinda implies that it is bad practice, which it isn't. Showing stuff that isn't in the final game is a whole different thing and can indeed be misleading, but it depends on when the trailer comes out. With Twilight Princess, they did show newer trailers later that wasn't showing any of the earlier stuff, hence it isn't that bad. Lately, Nintendo hasn't been showing trailers too early to avoid such things. ” Well yea…

• Quote from Please Understand: “Uh, I don't consider that even misleading to be honest. It's just a stylistic choice for the trailer. It's very common to dub scenes with random dialogue from completely different scenes that sounds cool. Not only in games, but in movies too. ” Sure it is common, but I still think it is misleading. But sure they want a cool and interesting quote in that two-minutes-trailer... but still misleading nontheless if you ask me. I'm not saying that it is necessarily WRONG…

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

But I don't like waifu-simulators, what about me?

• This is obviously also a matter of definition. The trailers that have stood out most for me, are some Xenoblade-trailers (which for the most part are minor stuff) where you see some characters and some VA over it which don't have anything to do with eachother. Like they mix the audio and the visuals on screen. The biggest offender of all (Xenoblade) trailers is the one from the Torna-trailer: (Hidden Content) Where Jin at the end of the trailer says "This is the road I must walk. Our paths won't…

• Quote from Jehanne: “I tried the first KH game a long time ago, but I didn't get very far along in the game. ._. ” Why not? You didn't like the game? Bad design? Lost interest? I have heard that the first game isn't the greatest. The third game is probably good, but I can't stand the story and the cross-over-nature of the franchise in general. I just think it is ridiculous how they match Final Fantasy-characters, Disney-characters and realistic characters in one game. The "edgy" story on top of …