Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Also, the Church is corrupt.

• The Nintendo Switch

Zesty Crouton - - General Gaming

Quote from Please Understand: “Quote from Zesty Crouton: “I'm... not sure how I feel about Rune Factory. The only game of its kind that I've ever played was Stardew Valley, and I really liked Stardew Valley. The thing is, though, Rune Factory looks so... anime. Like, I watch anime, but something about the artstyle advertised in Rune Factory just puts me off. I dunno. Which is a shame, because I would really like to try another Stardew Valley-style game. ” Rune Factory and Story of Seasons (ex-Ha…

• The Nintendo Switch

I'm... not sure how I feel about Rune Factory. The only game of its kind that I've ever played was Stardew Valley, and I really liked Stardew Valley. The thing is, though, Rune Factory looks so... anime. Like, I watch anime, but something about the artstyle advertised in Rune Factory just puts me off. I dunno. Which is a shame, because I would really like to try another Stardew Valley-style game.

• I actually still think that Conquest has some of the best gameplay in the series, it's just a shame that is has possibly one of the worst stories in the series in turn and that I loathe the central characters. I've only ever managed to beat Revelations once. Even though I'm the kind of guy who replays video games to death, there's just something about Revelations that makes it both boring and unfun to play through. I think it's a combination of so many units being thrown at you in such a short a…

• The Nintendo Switch

Oh wow, here's something I wish had been in the Direct: Hollow Knight: Silksong youtube.com/watch?v=yQxwbZsL14Y (I... don't know how to post videos on this site, haha) Hollow Knight was such a good game. Getting a sequel for it starring Hornet so soon sounds awesome. There's no release date yet, but it looks like it's nearly complete from what I can tell. And the original game was only like, $15.

• The Nintendo Switch

Yeah, I kinda agree. Like, Support Conversations have been around for a long time now, but I feel like it's pretty obvious that the quality of the Supports as a whole kinda took a dive once IS decided that everyone needed to support everyone. Supports were at their best when characters could only support a handful of units because the writing was allowed to feel unique and not mass-produced. The marriage supports specifically (like, the 'S' supports in Awakening/Fates) are some of the worst in t…

• Woof, I actually have, like, a Word document in which I record all of my favorite quotes from like... anything. A professor in college told me to do it to help my writing, and I've actually got a bunch in there from Zelda games. Here's some of my highlights: "Now, go home, Link. Regain your lost time! Home... where you are supposed to be... the way you are supposed to be...” -Ocarina of Time, Zelda "Dark! Narrow! Scary! Well of Three Features " -Ocarina of Time, the Kakariko Well "Without a fair…

• The Nintendo Switch

The first Crystal Chronicles for the Gamecube was awesome. At least... for me. I feel like, to get the full experience, you had to have been playing multiplayer, but to do that required kind of a convoluted set-up so I'm not surprised that so many people missed out. The combat is really basic and repetitive, there's not a whole lot in the way of skills or abilities, there is a story but it's not exactly the 'focus' of the game and it's nothing to write home about, there's a kinda lack-luster gro…

• The Nintendo Switch

Honestly, if we can get the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles remaster this year along with Fire Emblem Three Houses and the new Animal Crossing, this will be 2017 levels of hype for me. Y'know, as long as Three Houses is good and not just Fates again. Is it so wrong for me to want Conquest's gameplay mixed with PoR's storytelling and Echoes dialogue writing? Is that really so much to ask? Also, Luigi's Mansion looks pretty cool. Come ooooon, Nintendo Direct, where are you?!

• The Nintendo Switch

XC2 would have been less annoying even with a Rex-like character playing the role of protagonist even though he's not really directly involved with anything going on had Rex been less obnoxious or even remotely likable at all. Like, honestly, it's rare that I play a game with a protagonist who I despise so thoroughly. (And no, MVS, I'ma have to call you out and say the 'Torna' DLC in no way explains 'why' or 'how' Pyra and Mythra are 2 different people in one body. Both the base game and the DLC…

• So I was playing Smash with my brothers yesterday, and I was really feeling Inkling. I like their moves, I like their movement, and I'm really feeling trying to make them one of my mains from here on out... but they just had this one nagging problem, this one little oversight that was just bugging the heck outta me and made me feel like someone screwed up in developing them. Why oh why could I not recharge my ink whenever I wanted to? Why did I have to wait until it ran out?! ...and then today, …

• Quote from BackSet-Chan: “Quote from Zesty Crouton: “Pokemon is so predictable. ” Thanks, sherlock. ” You're welcome, pointless-quoter

• Well, I hate the Ultra Beasts AND Kyurem's redesign, so... Honestly, I just haven't really liked any legendary pokemon since gen 3, and even then I was kind of getting sick of them. They bore me. I know fans talk a lot about gyms or the lack thereof when we discuss ways in which Gamefreak could shake up the franchise, but for my money, what they ought to do is stop introducing dual legendaries and trying to write the story around them. They should also stop with the 'random villainous organizati…

• I still think Edelgard is a lock, even if Three Houses isn't out yet. The DLC is set to be released sporadically throughout next year, and Three Houses is currently set for the spring. Assuming she's one of the last DLC characters, then there's no problem. It's not like Sakurai and Intelligent Systems are exactly alienated.

• I mean... 'unique'. All three Links have movesets that are remarkably similar. They're not echos, and I suppose many will argue that they're different enough that they shouldn't be called clones, but... I mean, down b is a bomb, up b is a spin attack, side b is a boomerang, neutral b is a bow and arrow... different hit boxes, damage outputs, and some changes in Smash attacks may sound like a lot to some, but they're still basically the exact same character. When I say 'unique', I'm talking about…

• Quote from Cajbaj: “ This is extremely likely and I want to die. Fire Emblem is going to have like 10 characters and there hasn't been a new Zelda character in Smash since I was like 2 years old. That's pathetic. ” I'm totally with you on the 'Zelda needs new fighters' bit. The fact that it's only got 6 (but really only 3, because 3 of those six are just alternate forms of the same character) is more than just a little irritating. Like, I had high hopes we'd see a BotW Champion or maybe Skull Ki…

• I'm both hopeful and wary about the DLC inclusions. On the one hand, he's already confirmed that none of them will be Echos, and the inclusions of Cloud, Ryu, and Bayonetta in the last game's DLC has me thinking that we just may get our crazy third party wishes granted. (Banjo, anyone?) However, as I said before, a lot of the characters who I wanted in are currently Assist Trophies. And yeah, I guess it's not technically impossible for them to break that not-written rule about ATs not being play…

• Yeeeaaaah, not gonna lie, I was pretty underwhelmed by that final Direct. I mean, Ken and Incineroar? Cool, whatever, I ain't mad, but they were pretty safe and obvious and thus inspired no hype in me. But a piranha plant? Like... why tho? Maybe I'd be more inclined to chuckle at the absurdity of it all had it not followed yet another AT blood bath that crushed my hopes for the likes of Isaac. And while I know that more goes into these character decisions than most people are willing to admit, I…

• I mean, I'm glad you like Meltan and all, but I haven't cared about any legendary Pokemon since Gen 2 (yeah yeah, it's 'mythical' not 'legendary' - it's the same friggin' thing). They're just so over-saturated and have been for a long, long time, and I just can't bring myself to work up any kind of interest in them whatsoever. I'm not really a fan of the 'reveal' either. I get that you're talking specifically about how the reveal was handled within the mobile game, but I was really hoping that t…

• Honestly, I wasn't ever really a fan of mythical Pokemon in general, they don't excite me in the slightest and I've never had any desire to obtain or use them in-game, so for me, this is a pretty terrible way of trying to hype the game. Is this the new Pokemon that was teased? Because if so, that sucks. I wanted, like, an actual Pokemon. Who I can catch normally, who could evolve, or... whatever. Mythical Pokemon are just more Legendaries, and we have so many of them now that they no longer feel…

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I just finished this last night (and knocked out all of the sidequests, UMs, and affinity trees this morning; gotta love them hurricanes) and without going into spoilers, I found the ending to be pretty satisfying from a gameplay standpoint. However... well, from a story standpoint, the DLC felt underwhelming. There were various things I was expecting to see only to find that they weren't brought up or else just glossed over, which honestly kind of irritates me. It left me feeling like I didn't …

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Well, that number may not be very off. I'm playing on normal mode and have just now arrived at what I'm almost certain is the endgame, and I'm at almost exactly 12 hours. And this is with me backtracking to do all available sidequests and lingering in areas to complete Blade affinity charts. I can tell that there's still a decent amount of content I haven't done yet, but it's mostly higher-level UMs and such. I guess if there was one good thing about good ol' Hurricane Florence, it's that I've h…

• I always thought that the Fairy-type ought to have also been weak to Ghost. It gives the Fairy-type a third weakness to make it less OP and helps differentiate Ghost from Dark, because at the moment both have the same strengths except that Ghost is also weak to itself and can't hit the same type it's immune to, which in my book makes Dark just flat-out better.

• The Nintendo Switch

OK, I gotta be honest... This might just be the greatest thing I've heard all year. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is getting a remaster next year for the PS4 and Switch. Like, I know a lot of people never got around to playing that on the Gamecube thanks to the weird multiplayer controller requirements, but that game was a staple of my childhood. I have very fond memories of playing that with my brothers. I was fully convinced that after the disaster that was the Wii game that Square was done…

• I was flipping through it the other day, and there's a part in the timeline section that seems to imply that Zelda sent both herself and Link back in time at the end of OoT, which... is just not correct. Perhaps I misread it, but it bothered me nonetheless.

• Is SS underrated?

Zesty Crouton - - Modern Zelda

Eh. I'd probably put it about even with TP, but just about every Zelda game is better than PH.

• The Nintendo Switch

I'll be honest, I tried getting into Okami a couple years ago (on... the PS4? I think?) and I just couldn't get into it. Which is weird, because I often hear people comparing it to Zelda, and I flipping love Zelda. I dunno, maybe it's just one of those things that everyone else loves that I'm just kinda 'meh' about.

• The Nintendo Switch

Oh Walmart... What would we do without you? For real, though, this whole story thing in Octopath has sent me on an emotional roller-coaster. I just want to play the game, man... stop teasing me...

• The Nintendo Switch

Yeah, I can see it being considered lazy by many. Again, I can't fathom any reason for why the stories wouldn't all come together in the end - especially considering how their intros in the demo certainly seem to hint at them doing just that. We're on the same page here. It's just the random 'doom and gloom' that I'm seeing that I can't quite wrap my head around. I mean sure, it's disappointing, but that doesn't suddenly make the game not worth playing. Nobody's asking you to praise the story ju…

• The Nintendo Switch

I mean... what? If its design enables it to do something better than other games, then sure it should get some praise for it. Why would you not praise something for an accomplishment just because its design made said accomplishment easier? That's like saying that a truck being able to carry more than a person is a pointless accomplishment because the truck's design facilitates a greater carrying capacity- it just makes you sound silly. And again, I'm not saying that the lack of an overarching na…

• The Nintendo Switch

I'm with Gay Ginger on this. While I'm definitely a little disappointed that the stories don't seem to blend together in the end (which is bizarre not just from an external narrative standpoint, but also because the story intros we got to experience in the demo seemed to imply the exact opposite), I've heard from some sources that the individual stories themselves are still very well written, with one person in particular pointing out that in typical JRPGs, individual character plots tend to be …

• The Nintendo Switch

I've done both, and I vastly prefer the Pro, though I agree that the joycon attached to the doggy-face controller thingy feels fine once you get used to it. If the Pro controller wasn't so expensive, I'd say getting it was a no-brainer, but as it is I really only suggest it if you have the cash to spare. It's better, sure - but I don't think it's amazing enough necessarily to justify the $70 price tag.

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2

You pretty much hit the nail on the head, John. There really was so much about the world and its characters and lore that could have been great - should have been great - but was ultimately ignored or pushed off for so long that it became tiresome. And I don't know to which plot point you're referring, but to be honest, in my opinion many of the questions I had at the beginning of the game either weren't answered satisfactorily or just straight up not answered at all. Probably my two biggest que…

• I think I was always more optimistic about LGP/E than it seems most other people on this board are, but honestly, after watching some of the gameplay in the Treehouse... I think most of my excitement was killed off. Just watching them traipse through the Viridian Forest, catch a Caterpie, and then have every one of their six pokemon party gain enough experience to grow a level was just... disgusting. It's like having a permanent super experience share that you can't turn off. Or at least, that's…

• The Nintendo Switch

About the path actions in Octopath: I'm pretty sure they confirmed a few weeks ago that while some of the characters have similar path actions (Olberic and the Hunter, and also the Thief and Merchant are both essentially the same, just different ways of accomplishing the same task), there's like a 'morality' system or something in play. Like, Olberic and the Merchant's path actions are considered 'noble' or whatever, and they raise your party's standing in the eyes of the town or whatever, and t…

• Sorry for the double post (er... 11 hours after the fact), but I finally realized who the three lords of this game remind me of. They're really similar to those three trainers from Pokemon Go; y'know, the leaders of Teams Mystic, Valor, and Instinct? The artstyle, the three primary colors... heck, even the character designs themselves share the same character traits. It's weird.

• Hahaha sorry. I thought that sounded wrong when I typed it; whatever, I like Edelgard better. And your right, it totally looks lilke 'Edgelord'. Good thing we've already picked out her fan-nickname. We're well ahead of the curve.

• I agree with both John and Vulpes. While I want the Waifu pandering to be gone, I think it's unrealistic to expect it. Heroes is proof once again that it sells, and it sells well. Still, though... the more I see the trailer, the more I like Eldigan.

• E3 2018: Nintendo Direct

I feel like Samus Returns was revealed in the second day of the treehouse last year, though I might be misremembering that. I dunno. I don't really expect anything 'amazing' to be shown for the 3DS, but I was just so underwhelmed by what we did wind up seeing that I'm kind of desperately clinging to this last shred of hope. Not that Smash and FE didn't look amazing and everything, but... I dunno. The only thing I have to entertain me 'til then is Octopath Traveler, which will probably be a lot o…

• E3 2018: Nintendo Direct

Am I right in saying that Nintendo previously stated that there would be a handful of 3DS announcements this E3, or am I just straight up crazy? Part of me is silently hoping that there's still something cool to be announced at the treehouse kind of like Samus Returns last year.