Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Subscription Box Thread!

Jehanne - - General Chit-Chat

Quote from boxes: “I've wanted to try a subscription box for a while but I can never find one that has value for me. If you shop sale items on a regular basis, the sub boxes end up looking expensive. I'm also not sure I buy enough of one specific thing to want more every month or every season. ” Yes, I know exactly what you mean! I am very careful about my subscriptions because of this. So, when it comes to the cost issue, I look for subscriptions that put together items that would be difficult …

We're currently doing: blind tea tasting, jerkygent, bokksu (Japanese snacks and teas), and I just started a stationery one from England that I haven't received yet. In the past we had a subscription to teatourist (my favorite, based in England but they went out of business) and the snack box, graze. The stationery one is the first time that I have signed up for something that sends stuff instead of edibles. Yesterday I was looking around online for an art box subscription... I'll post pictures …

• I want to lose 5-10 lbs. So for two months I'm going to eat 1000 calories a day and top it off by running most days of the week.

• From what I've seen for us ladies, it's around 500 calories deficit a day to lose 1lb a week.

• I would love ALttP remake like this. :3 I'm sorry that you're disappointed, Vulpes.

• The Nintendo Switch

Jehanne - - General Gaming

Hmmm,... well, maybe you can borrow it after it comes out. So you can try an hour and see if you really can't get over the aesthetics. The more you look at something the less repulsive it will become!

• I forgot to put in the baking powder once. Drink with caution while cooking.

• The Nintendo Switch

I am surprised at how quickly you decided that you hate it.

• I love the cuteness. Give me all the cuteness. I can take it. Yay! I never played the gameboy game, so this will be perfect as a "new" title for me this year.

• I'm being straight here! From the calculators I have used, my body uses around 1440 calories a day. So if I eat that, I will not gain or lose weight. But if I want to lose one pound a week, I have to have a deficit of 500 calories a day. The only option really is to exercise. I'll have to run 3 miles and cut back on meal size.

• The Nintendo Switch

Ah, I see I'm going to have to fight my oldest over who plays LA first. He might have played some of the older game before, but it will be new for me. SO CUTE!!!!

• Ehh, so I've started jogging/running again. Somehow, only doing 1.5 - 2 miles doesn't seem to fee like much of a workout. Just how far should I go to burn a decent number of calories? I've finally reached that age where women have to drop down to around eating 1000 calories a day if I don't want to get middle aged flab. :< But rather than give up eating (how can I survive on so little?!), I would rather run to make up the difference. The jogging that I do now does build up a sweat, but --like I …

• The Nintendo Switch

Vesperia has missable!? Nuuuu... I wonder what I've missed so far. I only just got to the part where you can take optional side quests.

• Hahaha ~ I support their gaming to an alarming level. But hands off my PS4.

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from MVS: “@Jehanne Without spoiling anything, but what was the deal with 9? The story? The characters? The music? ” Without spoilers... The game kind of has a medieval-fantasy theme. It's got the old school simple turn-based battle system with summons. With the exception of a couple characters, I would say that they're pretty flat. But it didn't detract from the game for me. It wasn't any worse than, say, Octopath Traveler in that regard. The music in FF7, 9, and 15 are my favorite from t…

• The Nintendo Switch

The FF13 games were okay to me. I think the only one I didn't finish was Lightning Returns because I couldn't handle the time limit restrictions. It really made the game stressful for me. I really liked FF15. Neither of them are anything like my favorite, FF9, tho.

• The Nintendo Switch

It was least of my favorite FFs. And that includes 13

• Oh, are the sticks in a different location? I never noticed. But I do seem to have less/no hand pain... which I did get with the PS3. Never thought about it.

• The Nintendo Switch

Well, yeah, sure. If they remade FF8, I would definitely play it again. I was never able to finish the final final battle because I didn't have enough eidolons. Only Squall had a decent level since I didn't know that everyone would be needed at the end. ;_; Still feel kind of salty. I must have tried to beat the final part of the final boss for so many hours. But to no avail.

I've never heard of Postcrossing (just looked it up). That sounds like fun! I like real mail. :3 We do not have a fresh food box subscription, but I do have a yearly subscription to a community harvest. So I have a box of organic vegetables to pick up once or twice a week from a nearby farm. I love it to death. The carrots I got today look glorious. I'm going to make borscht since they gave us potatoes, beets and onions.

Hmmm, well, I'll start a new thread when I get my next box of _______. There are a couple subscriptions that I no longer have, but I do have a couple now and I am looking for new one as well. it's basically getting gifts to/from yourself for no reason other than indulgence

Quote from TingleMakesMeTingle: “What is a subscription box? ” Ah, you just have a subscription to a company that sends you a curated box of items. They usually charge by the month. You don't get to pick the treats, so you have to trust that the company has good taste.

Do any of you do subscription boxes? I thought about starting a thread for it, but if it's just me, there's probably no point. >_>

• I have had to replace PS3 controllers. But I figured out how to save the PS4 controllers from damage I just don't let the kids play on my console much

• how close to the console do you sit? now I am worried that my fans are broken or something

• My PS4 pro doesn't make much noise. Is that weird? I didn't have any problems when I played Overwatch, but I am wondering if I don't have problems because I don't play games the are especially taxing on the hardware.

• Quote from MVS: “Quote from Jehanne: “I tried the first KH game a long time ago, but I didn't get very far along in the game. ._. ” Why not? You didn't like the game? Bad design? Lost interest? I have heard that the first game isn't the greatest. The third game is probably good, but I can't stand the story and the cross-over-nature of the franchise in general. I just think it is ridiculous how they match Final Fantasy-characters, Disney-characters and realistic characters in one game. The "edgy"…

• I tried the first KH game a long time ago, but I didn't get very far along in the game. ._.

• I'm not sure that it's "must watch" ~ but I enjoyed these relatively recent ones: Rage of Bahamut Virgin Soul ((神撃のバハムート VIRGIN SOUL) Devilman Crybaby* Berserk: The Golden Age Arc* K Children of the Whales Tiger and Bunny Inuyashiki Last Hero* Gantz 0* Miss Hokusai Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet No.6 *these are very graphic

• Playstation 4

I have a PS4 pro. I waited to buy a PS4 until FFXV and made sure that I had a TV to match by the time it was released. It's a nice console. I have some games ~ but, honestly, the thing that annoys me most is that although I have FFXIV and Overwatch, I can't play them without a subscription. :< My games are kind of all over the house, so I am not sure which titles I have... FFXV Horizon Zero Dawn Dragon Quest Builders DQ XI Tales of Vesperia <some Star Wars title> <the VR equipment> And then my s…

• I kind of get a kick out of being chased for encounters in Tales of Vesperia. Am I good enough to dodge and outrun ~ sometimes! LOL As far as random* encounters go, it isn't so bad.

• I played Tales of Vesperia for several hours yesterday. The combat... well, I am getting used to it. I am making an effort to learn the combinations but it is still a lot of button mashing on my part. Have you played using the other characters (that seems possible but I have not tried it)? ^_^

• Quote from EzloSpirit: “ ADDENDUM: You never refer to yourself using honorifics. @BackSet-Chan's username is incorrect when he's introducing himself lol. ” Quote from BackSet-Chan: “ You've told me that already. ” でも、バックセットちゃんはかわいいですよね〜

• Quote from John: “And yeah, not turn-based I'm afraid. ” I am going to have to actually practice, I think, and stop button mashing. Quote from MVS: “ @Jehanne You lost to the psycho-kid? I bet most people do that the first time, or perhaps not Tales-veterans I imagine, but "first timers" like me who has never played a Tales-game before. ” If I get another game over, I'll probably switch the settings. I'm still getting used to not being able to move the camera (or is there a setting for that, too…

• LOL (Hidden Content) x_x

• I've started playing but... I am thinking I should have put it on easy. I already got a game over! D:

• How long does Tales of Vesperia usually take?

• I was watching Mariah from 1990 and I think I fell in love all over again. Ah, that voice.

• I just started watching Lucifer. Hahah ~ I think it's fun. The humor/banter reminds me of Rick Riordan's Apollo books actually. Not that they are related in any way. Just saying.

• Awww, I loved Dark Crystal!! It's totally possible that it just didn't age well. That happens.