Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Quote from Guinea: “I want to fight the Wind Fish. ” Give me Marin back you ugly comatose blimp

• General consensus puts K. Rool way higher than Ganondorf, likely due to his insane amounts of armored moves, decent recovery, and decent enough projectile game. He's certainly a good newbie character with his decent recovery and spamfriendliness. Ganon can still get zoned out a lot, while K. Rool just kinda rams through.

• Been replaying the game and whew, there's a lot to work on. My biggest complaint would be "show, don't tell and don't tell twice" which should be easier with the improved graphics and memory. As it is, every time you walk against something heavy, like a pot or a rock, it's a long dialogue of: "O H . T H I S I S H E A V Y . Y O U C A N ' T L I F T I T W I T H Y O U R B A R E H A N D S ". Every time you get a guardian acorn or a piece of power, you get a long explanation too. I'd like them to make…

• On that note, might as well ask to run a game. - Game Title - Nighthawks at the Diner GM: Me No. of Players: 10 - 15 Bastard Rating: 2/5 Description: youtu.be/cf4R9mGWX78 "Well the dawn cracked hard just like a bull whip Cause it wasn't takin' no lip from the night before As it shook out the street, the stew bums showed up Just like bounced checks, rubbin' their necks And the sky turned the color of Pepto-Bismol Yeah the parking lots growled My old sports coat full of promissory notes And a rece…

• I'd like to participate in the next Mafia game. It's been a while.

• Quote from HeroOfTime5: “I will try to get all those pictures actually. When it comes to Zelda I’m not as interested in beating the game with limited hearts but I do enjoy random quests. ” Aye, but BotW is quite a ways away from formula Zeldas. With the massive amounts of food you're guaranteed to have, the real tension of battles comes from those instakill moments. If you like random quests though, consider challenges like "get into Tarrey Town without the glider, the bridge or swimming" Or "de…

• Based on the last two games, I definitely think outfits are a real possibility. Likely a DLC though.

• The Big Theory Q&A

gamtos - - Theorizing

Quote from Nonoctoro: “Quote from Guinea: “Vaati, Majora, Malladus, Bellum, Lady Maud, Onox and Veran? ” They aren't nobodies and seem to be connected to each others (almost, Lady Maud isn't). (Hidden Content) Quote from Mango The Magician: “Ganondorf isn't the only form Demise's malice can take, and thus he dieing isn't the end of the curse. ” Yes, it's "the curse of the Demon Tribe" afterall. ” This IS the Q&A, not really a place for heavy speculation though.

• If you're not using a guide you probably missed some, like the guardian sentinels or the regular Lynel Crusher.

• Again, such an odd idea for me. Breath of the Wild is, to me, the most replayable Zelda by far. The way you can customize your experience has great replay potential. Attempt to get all pictures without buying any missed ones from Symin. Play naked, or with only three hearts, or both. Make your own challenges. There's dozens that players have invented already.

• That's only natural. A lot of shading in games that feature a more realistic style gets baked into the textures itself. BotW was never designed to be played without the cell-shading.

• Small Breath of the Wild theories

gamtos - - Theorizing

The Sheikah Slate is Link's "hammerspace" where he keeps his inventory. This is how the Sheikah can take and return Link's inventory at will. This also explains how Link's weapons burst into Sheikah particles.

gamtos - - Theorizing

The Sheikah are capable of advanced mind control. Through illusory magic, they're already capable of having Link go through trials that couldn't really be constructed otherwise, like the Trial of the Sword and various challenges in the Champion's Ballad. Their mind control is flawed against monsters. While they can't change the aggressive nature of monsters, they can control their patrol behaviors to an extent that monsters won't infest towns. They can even make monsters act more as a trial to t…

• Breath of the Wild is on the timeline. If you write it vertically, top old, bottom new, BotW is at the bottom. We know its vertical placement. Its horizontal placement is unknowable and it was never meant to fit in any of the three splits. Regardless, it is a canon game. I find this theory is more about how it COULD be a dream, and very little explanation of why it would make SENSE to be a dream. But to play Devil's Advocate: - Sheikah presence is way too big in this game. The Sheikah are using …

• I dislike how we always only get a glimpse into Link's childhood. I know perfectly well that even if we did get more than a glimpse I'd still sulk about it not being EVEN MORE, but still.

• Quote from Canyarion: “Quote from gamtos: “Would we though? Not like Joker's inclusion was predictable by spirits. ” If there was a Spirit called "Joker (undercover outfit)" or whatever, then yeah, that would be super suspicious. Why include a very specific version of a character but not the regular version? Because that's what Miles was saying. That if Shantae will be a fighter, her spirit should have been named "Shantae (Half-Genie Hero)". But they'd never do that, because it would be a huge h…

• Would we though? Not like Joker's inclusion was predictable by spirits. Oy Backset, don't compare the greatest of the Koopalings to a character no one asked for in Melee. Roy Fire Emblem never would have gotten in by notoriety. I wonder if Joker will play like a Jojo Stand User. P4Arena gives a roughhh idea but I'm hoping it'll be a lot more fluent than that.

• Zeldafy other games!

gamtos - - Future Zelda

See, a Pokemon MMO I can get behind. Although, the typival "bring me 20 Rattata tails" MMO quest may be a bit freaky.

• There's not gonna be a Zelda newcomer. Willing to bet CASH MONEY on it.

• rZuquol.jpg Hello from me and the lovebords in my hair nest

• Quote: “Hmm. I kinda hope they don't touch the writing. I think the minimalism was really important to creating the tone of the game, and I think that would be even easier to mess up than the graphical style if they try to deviate from it at all. ” While I think the writing in LA was the first in the series that didn't feel stunted, I still think it was held back by the hardware a bit, leading to people talking in short sentences and not having much to say. I feel it could definitely use some po…

• My thoughts: - Rayman / Crash / Banjo - Sora - Mr. Steve Minecraft

• I REALLY love the art style. Loved ALBW's new-retro style and feeling the same here. Marin best waifu. Not a fan of the Hylian Shield. Stop making everything OoT. Hope the L2 sword doesn't just become a recolor or worse, the Master Sword. How cool would a seashell design be? Obviously there'll be additional content. I hope the writing gets a serious boost in volume while highlighting the philosophical issue of destroying the dreamworld despite its real inhabitants.

• Quote from MVS: “@gamtos Don't you think the Ritos in BotW could "qualify" in the "kept it but used it in stupid ways"? Don't get me wrong, I really do like the Ritos, but it is pretty stupid how they just casually are in a game where also Zoras exist. In Wind Waker Ritos are evolved Zoras. Sure I can totally buy the idea that it could have been two groups of Zoras that went isolated from eachother in very different environments for a longer period of time... where one group were forced to radic…

• You know what, fine, I'll ammend my statement. "I dislike how the Breath of the Wild devs added what appears to be a statue of what theorists such as myself think highly resembles the Goron Darmani from Termina. Of course there is no in-game proof that this is Darmani aside from the apparently HIGHLY SUBJECTIVE idea that the possible statue was designed to look like Darmani. I would have liked the developers to have replaced this statue or rock formation with something that does not trick my fal…

• Zeldafy other games!

gamtos - - Future Zelda

People have been asking for just about anything you can imagine, but this is the first time I hear there's a supposed clamoring for an MMO.

• What is your favorite Zelda quote?

gamtos - - General Zelda

"...Pay like you're supposed to next time, you cheapskate..."

• Alright. Quick play by play. 20483.png 10i2vwidlzdz.jpg The beads and the beard and the lips match perfectly. Every single point of his hair corresponds. The only thing worth mentioning is that his nose is different, but all Gorons in BotW have that nose; it's art style. 350 2946282-0074230404-daruk.png Different facial hair. Daruk's mouth is much larger and has far more prominent lips. Daruk's eyebrows are white and cause deep wrinkles in his forehead. Darunia has markings under his eyes. Darun…

• I confess I have some very fun ideas for my valentine, but any further info about that is kept on a tight leash.

• Quote: “(bringing someone from the brink of death in the desert back to full health with once drink) ” Even better, the THOUGHT of getting to drink it revived her. Good research! I think we're missing a sour ingredient though - you can hardly have a truly refreshing cocktail without it.

• Quote: “I think that some artwork of BotW shows that Minish might have been considered for the game. So they are not excluded to return at some point in the future. ” You can spin that argument two ways. You could also consider they tried the idea, didn't like it and discarded it, making exclusion for the future MORE likely. Ultimately, development is fascinating but hard to use as proof. Quote: “The whole serie is about a magical sword called the Master Sword. ” Never confirmed to be the oldsch…

• Not to mention leaving the Triforce split is likely what caused the "divine prank". The Legend of Zelda really is full of "well, the risk I took was calculated but man am I bad at math" on both sides.

• Enough. === I dislike how many things in canon are brought up and abandoned, or brought back in ways they shouldn't have. Abandoned, despite being potentially interesting for future lore: - The Light Force - The Minish - The Oracles - The Magic Sword - The Hero of Men (can you tell I really liked the Minish Cap already?) - The Hero's Shade. There's such a cool story there. At the very least give us that sweet-ass armor as BotW DLC or something. Kept it but used it in stupid ways: - Tunic of the …

• Ahhhh. In that case, I'd wait with tinkering with the blue bullet's specifics until you got a metagame going with the next characters.

• CAPTION! That Screenshot! II

gamtos - - General Zelda

flcj1fpzlo801.jpg

• Zelda sends Link back with Zelda's lullaby, not the Song of Time you dinguses. As the timeline shows, sending Link back does not rewrite the AT but splits it off. Ergo, sending Link back in time before Ganon's defeat, before any freed sages and before Zelda could even show herself without Ganon immediately kidnapping her, would have lead the Hyrule of the AT into centuries of absolute suffering. Even if Link didn't have to live in that doomed alternate reality, he'd essentially be abondoning eve…

• What is your favorite Zelda quote?

gamtos - - General Zelda

Agreed. Hyrule has survived worse than a Ganondorf with just the Triforce of Power, and yet we're supposed to accept the Great Sea was a just fate? Never. *gamtos wanders off rambling to no one about the king's stupid-ass Triforce wish and how shitty the Great Sea is* ======== "How'd you like to marry Malon? Haw haw!"" Yes please.

• I play a lot of Werewolves of Miller's Hollow and I definitely have a hard time knowing when some folks are BSing me.

gamtos - - Theorizing

I've wondered for a while how the Sheikah even managed to get up there while carrying Link. For now, headcanon that the Sheikah guarding Zelda at the time were capable of magic similar to the Yiga teleportation magic.

• Zelda Headcanons

gamtos - - Theorizing

@Thal1989, if you sit next to the moongazing NPC in Wind Waker he even points them out. youtu.be/xFUUKXYFnFk