Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • The Golden Goddesses Are Evil

Erikson - - Theorizing

No way of knowing if the Triforce would permit a cheap shot with the loophole. I'm leaning towards gamtos' line of thinking of no, but then we have ALBW with the Triforce permitting to destroy itself on top of creating a duplicate.

• The Fate of Hyrule Historia

Erikson - - Theorizing

Quote from Setras: “Quote from gamtos: “Skull Kid, when we meet him outside of Termina, is a mischievous scamp who is startled by Link and quick to run away. 574a5adab87cd0503a789b27ed6f760b79799438_hq.gif The very moment we follow him down the rabbit hole, he takes up flying. He gains a cocksure attitude. He curses us in no time flat. And he somehow got our horse all the way over at Romani Ranch? ” It should be noted that there are theories that the horse we ride in MM is in fact Epona's Termin…

• 35, paralleled with Tingle's age.

• Black with nothing, but I don't drink it for the taste. I'd have a monster occasionally for that.

• Pretty well crafted. It even tells you how to play the Kakariko Village theme on the Ocarina in detail on page 27, as something for Link to do to unwind from adventuring.

• The nature of the DT tells me there are more. Just no game built on it yet, if ever. BotW is still up in the air.

• Navi, friend of Link?

Erikson - - General Zelda

She was bewildered that Link took the time to go fishing. Her opinion of him lessened when he had some trouble with the Water Temple, all that up and down in the water. He communicated with Saria more on the Ocarina than he did with her. The relationship soured. She couldn't help him in the Ganondorf battle because of the "wave of darkness" excuse? Nah, she actually could. She said she's going to help in the Ganon battle, but then pretended to not know anything when his weakness was more obvious…

• The Fate of Hyrule Historia

Erikson - - Theorizing

Quote from Swinebeck: “Quote from gamtos: “Quote from Swinebeck: “for example, Kaepora Gaebora being Rauru ” This is actually one of my biggest issues with HH. Rauru does not treat Link as if they have ever met before, and after seven years Kaepora Gaebora treats Link as an old acquaintance he hasn't met in a while.If they were truly the same person, one would think their demeanor towards Link would be different. I don't see any particular reason why Rauru would hide his dual identity from Link …

• Termina's Status

Erikson - - Theorizing

If Termina is gone after Link left it, I don't see it as being destroyed. Perhaps it continues to exist from its inhabitants' perspective. I'm on the side who thinks Termina is as real as Lorule. I mean, we have the Skull Kid's representation of his memories inside the moon that I don't think should be extended to all of Termina.

• Quote from Octorocker: “Now the other one is a bit tougher. However, I’m going to give this one to the Zora shopkeeper. He’s the only Zora left in the AT (outside the Royal ones) so assuming the Sword Sages are a thing, he’s the best candidate. ” Nah, not the only. More fled safely somewhere, like the Bombchu bowling chick and the mask salesman who we don't see during adult Link gameplay, since we see them at the ranch party in the ending.

• Lorule's Termina would be doomed by the sun, getting closer to threaten with dangerous temperature levels.

• He said WW Link being about the same age as child OoT Link.

• Zoras' long life expectancy was first shown in OoX that BotW expanded on. It's unknown if Nintendo had that detail in mind when they made the race for OoT.

• A Deku will refuse to sell beans to you ("Oh, you don't know how to use magic beans? Then, I guess I can't sell you any...") until you get your first one from the beans seller and I think that's the same for the Clock Town shop in the 3DS remaster. Nice clock typo there.

• Through the eyes of a child

Erikson - - Theorizing

Ability to see fairies isn't exclusive to children and I doubt anyone has to be super-pure to. Pamela's father and Dampé could see Tatl. Also, because no fairy came to Tingle (MM) doesn't mean he couldn't see them; he could also see Tatl. By extension this may also be the case for Aurie Taamu. Kafei, who was cursed and really an adult, made note of visiting a Great Fairy. As far as regular fairies go, we see them in shops. I doubt bottling them was the result of child labor.

• Well, that doesn't explain the human Link statue. We have the soulless white eyes on the others, representing the deceased. To show them as copies with Link's traits wouldn't be a good fit. Bomber kids acknowledge the hat on Deku Link. I'm assuming the scar on Darmani was the wound that killed him. No comments on it from the Gorons so I'd think they saw Goron Link as is, without the scar. A shop owner in Clock Town complimented his sideburns, perhaps as if there's no beard to note. We don't know…

• Quote from Evran_Speer: “Maybe I'm wrong here, but the one thing that a mask should definitely change is the face, right? Goron Link's face looks like Darmani's, Zora Link's face looks like Mikau's, and Deku Link's face looks the one on the presumed Deku Butler's Son. So one would expect that if the Sheik mask worked the same way, that Sheikah Zelda's face would look like the original Sheik. ” Goron Link doesn't have Darmani's beard. Zora Link's eyes are not the same as Mikau's (on N64). Deku Li…

• It's also my position that she changed into an actual man. I'm not keen on the third possibility; she saved Ruto from under the ice, dived into the lake from atop a tree, and jumped down from great height onto cement ground. That's something less practical to do with a princess getup. Link was checking on her when she fell unconscious in the Nocturne of Shadow cutscene, so if he touched her he'd suspect something is off. While it's possible for Link to see something different on Sheik if the len…

• The Nintendo Theory

Erikson - - Theorizing

Chain Chomps. They do appear in the waking world of the Zelda series outside of LA, in ALttP & FS. The recorder from LoZ, which is very similar to SMB3's magic whistle in appearance. Both plays the same tune and sends you in a whirlwind. In the Zelda cartoons (non-canon, I know) it uses the latter name. Kirby's hat from a copied sword ability is obviously based on Link's hat, except with a ball at the tip to differentiate it. If Dream Land ever had a Link, maybe it's what that particular Link's …

• The title was probably made after the failed execution when the Sages learned of his power, which wasn't pre-ToP.

• This site's quote system and having to click 'more' for the preview button that I almost always use.

• Quote from GuineaMane: “Dude, Ganondorf pre-ToP WAS A DEMON KING. ” No, he was the King of Thieves pre-ToP. Quote: “Unnngh...are you the boy from the forest...? I-I-I've finally met you...I-I-I have something to t-t-tell you...Ganondorf, the Gerudo King of Thieves, betrayed our King... ” Quote: “Wasn't that Princess Zelda riding on the white horse?! I almost got kicked by that black horse! That guy riding on the black horse must have been Ganondorf, who is renowned as the Gerudo King of Thieves.…

• In TWW we see the Triforce being mistranslated as the Triumph Forks. The thing is never mentioned in BoTW so we don't know if it'd still be called Triforce or a variation of the mistranslation.

• TWW Ritos were already bird people before getting their wings, whereas BoTW ones were born with them by default. We don't know if Valoo was responsible for the evolution of the first TWW ones. I doubt the BoTW dragons could evolve full-on Zoras into Ritos if there's nothing saying that Valoo could.

• Quote from Setras: “Quote from JPineapple: “Honestly, the people that care are a very subset of the fanbase. How many of those eight million(was it eight million you get the drift) who bought TP cared about the timeline ” As a thought experiment, let's assume that eight million people bought TP. Now, let's assume that of those eight million, only 1% of them- a statistically tiny percentage, at least for our purposes- cared about the timeline. That's still 80,000 people, and I think we can safely…

• BOTW VS OOT

Erikson - - General Zelda

I'd put OoT ahead of it with its story, music, dungeons, characters, having a musical instrument and fishing. I'm not a fan of BoTW's immersion-breaking climbing, although I suppose it's better for it with its immense world size. I just don't need or want my Zelda with a world that big.

• Navi Trackers remaster.

• Don't forget that Malon could also enter the forest for bringing the cow. Quote from Fal'Cie: “With all this talk of guardian spirits I say Majora's Mask is strongest of all. Cursed four into doing his bidding, disabled five great fairies, then when the four guardians reappear and attack at once they struggle to hold him back.']With all this talk of guardian spirits I say Majora's Mask is strongest of all.” I agree. Transforming Link into a form of someone weaker that it killed (Deku Butler's so…

• It's unclear if it does anything for injuries. In MM it's energy-focused with what Koume was asking for out of it and the shop's description of it. It might be interesting to know what it says in the Japanese version.

• Quote from logicalpencils: “Jabu-Jabu probably didn't die, because Jabun is his descendant. ” Volvagia died and yet is thought of to be the ancestor of Valoo. We don't know when in seven years Ganondorf froze the domain so Jabu-Jabu could die anywhere before the end of seven years and still be the ancestor of Jabun.

• A Phoenix Down won't work on Aerith because they recover characters that are knocked out (KO) when fallen in battle, not reviving them from death. I agree that it's a gameplay element, but nothing that could prevent a plot death if the item was ever acknowledged canonically.

• Well, we did see one used on someone other than Link. It brought the Hero of Winds' grandma out of depression. It's possibly not enough to someone on the brink of death, considering it didn't cross the Hero of Time's mind to use one on Mikau. I personally don't think they revive Link out of death in gameplay but simply getting him out of exhaustion before the enemies can finish him off in that state for good (off-screen). We see Link's idle exhaustion animation when low on health, and Great Fair…

• It's not using temporal echoes. It's still the original timeline when Link returns to the present.

• Quote from Ryuu Kage Desu: “Unless I forgot one, this leaves Oracle of Ages. The game has significant changes that happen due to Link's time travel, making it a multiverse time travel game. The universe that link departs from, is never changed, and Link fails his task. The universe that is created by Link altering the past is the universe that leads up to Zelda 1 & 2. Unless anyone can provide me with good evidence that the game used temporal echoes. ” It's not a multiverse time travel game. We …

• What if Zelda failed to save Link after pushing him off Skyloft? What if Ghirahim took the Goddess Sword seriously when he was toying with it in the first battle and left with it? What if Vaati was smart enough to turn Link to stone? What if the Nightmares convinced Link to not wake the Wind Fish? Especially after reading the relief in the Southern Shrine.

• Samus Returns treatment for Zelda II.

• What Pleases You?

Erikson - - General Chit-Chat

Sunny days with sufficient wind.

• Quote from LLLLLink: “I would love if the HoT's adventures continued by him accepting godhood as FD, releasing his Triforce to his unborn child with Romani, and then having to ascend and stop some god-level threat without the aid of the Master Sword or Triforce of Courage before it impacts the mortals. ” I personally believe the FD mask is gone after Link left the moon he got it from; we see the mask gone from his inventory if he leaves the moon via the Song of Time. That we can only keep the ma…

• What Pleases You?

Erikson - - General Chit-Chat

Money day. It was depressing to eat the same foods while broke.