Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Quote from Sakume: “Ah, this brings me back to the good old days... I miss the old days. What happened. How's everyone holding out? And congrats on the retirement Ruki, you certainly deserve it. ” My laptop keyboard is broken, so writing is tough, but wanted to say I've been reading through old threads during the holiday break and enjoying the nostalgia. We should IMRP or something again sometime, maybe reimagine our characters a bit in a new continuity, new setting, new backgrounds. Flex the ol…

• Stepping Down

Altamira - - Role Play Discussion

Popping in here from the land of obscurity and old age (and broken keyboards *shakes fist*) to say Ruki, I've never seen anyone as dedicated to the RPG section as you have been. From day one you've thrown yourself in headfirst with enthusiasm and energy and love for the place and I've marvelled at your spirit and passion for bringing people together to imagine and write. Even when older mods were tired and worn down, jaded by technical issues and other struggles, you stood strong, determined to …

• XD I enjoy that you kept track of records on that. Still the same ol’ Sabbo Sabs, precise as ever.

• Mikeyyyyyy! How are ya doing? I lurk a bit nowadays but I’m not active here anymore. I read some Zelda stuff around when BotW came out and I glance over posts here in the OoC, but otherwise I’ve pretty much gone to the land of the ZU retirees.

• I used AIM a lot back in the day, and then I was a slow, lazy lump switching over to anything else because I'd gotten so used to it. I pestered Saney, Sakume, Sabbo Sabs, and others plenty on there and still probably have the logs around here somewhere. Not surprised to see it go, but I had plenty of good times chatting with friends on AIM in its hey day and well beyond.

• Quote from Stryder Aedernis: “Behold! The Escapists' Haven! ” *gasp* I spot a Strydie!!!! *tackleglomps*

• Quote from Stryder Aedernis: “Quote from SacredSturgeon: “I've played with the idea of maybe some subtle touches, but then again I think my hair is damn fabulous already, so I probably have more to lose than to gain. :p ” I can confirm: Sturs has fabulous hair. ” I can also confirm this statement--Sturs' hair is pure golden fabulousity. :B Quote from Silver: “Quote from Mordred: “Quote from Silver: “Figure_2.png Both of these look like different shades of green to me, for example. ” >.>Uh, I thi…

• Hiii Haly! *waves* For Chibi's idea with the sharing stuff about us: 1. I've gotten really into cooking and a bit of baking since moving out on my own last August. I love inventing and finding new recipes, and it's been a great and really useful hobby to develop. I feel like I've gotten healthier and more conscious of what I'm eating since starting, and being able to put together a delicious wholesome meal for myself feels pretty damn good. Yay adulting! 2. I've still had lots of writing ideas b…

• Hiii Pucky Puck Puck! I saw you post here and was muy surprised, good to see you after all this time!

• I find that I draw little bits of inspiration from everywhere: music I listen to, art I come across, TV shows I watch, books I read, and so on. I'm drawn a lot to the crime/mystery and urban fantasy genres, so I pull a lot from those especially. I have my favorite series which serve as regular, consistent touchstones, like The Dresden Files novels for a lot of my urban fantasy inspiration, but then I'll also watch a new TV show just to learn a little more about how to write a particular characte…

• Quote from Sam Nornal: “Also, to all you old timers, a question...has the Dome ever had any kind of official symbol associated with it, to your memory? Thanks in advance to anybody who responds. ” Like a specific logo? Pretty much its main visual identity is a large exterior domed ceiling extending over everything. If there was to be any kind of a symbol, it'd be that shape. Simple enough. :P

• On the way to Edinburgh for New Years guys! Might get to meet Awkin there also and add yet another person to the list of ZUers I've met. :D

• *waves back at Sakume* I'm here. I lurk in da shadows.

• Hay BA, I'm in London right now! Also welcome semi-back, Chibiiii!

• The passage keeps repeating "thirty days" in the gray lettering, if I'm reading right. Lys must be releasing something related to this teaser in about a month?

• Everything was going right. The intruder was struggling to hold off his attacks, and as the room got hotter and hotter, Tony could feel his counters slowing, his energy draining with every exchange. He’d wear him down, then capture him and present him to the boss—present him, and then maybe he’d give him a bonus, maybe he’d even consider giving him more responsibility, more trust, like Xiulan. Maybe he could work with him against the Dionnes, on whatever this information Madrigal had brought in …

• Their forces were split that night in the war with the Dionnes, and it might have been the only thing that let the intruder in this far. Fast Tony Fong dropped into the corridor, but he could already feel it—the steady thrum of energy, another Power at the end of the hall. In the boss’ chamber. The fire at the end of the hall called to him, and like his namesake, he made quick time to the boss’ door, to find the intruder there, a dark shape silhouetted against the firelight, alone. Before anothe…

• The man knew Reuben as well? What were the odds his old friend had called him on this very night, a night when he crossed paths with someone who recognized his name? There was a chance they were talking about different men with the same name, but… his instincts told him otherwise. That connection was the only thing that kept the man here, but the two kids were eager to leave also, wanting to get to business. If he didn’t answer them, he might lose his chance to enlist their aid, to find his clie…

• Grant stared at the mention of his name, sounding so familiar from the boy’s tone. His name was well known in certain circles, yes, with law enforcement, with the poor and downtrodden who would look him up when they needed a detective’s help, but this young man had the look of neither, especially if he truly was somehow associated with the Phantom… Could one of them be telepathic? He’d never heard rumors of the mysterious thief having such abilities, but it wasn’t an unheard gift for a Power… An…

• Grant had been too distracted by the radio reports. Sloppy. Normally his enhanced night vision would have spotted the behemoth of a man in an instant, but the lights obscured him, everything washed out by the beams--lights he only kept on to avoid police attention in his Crown Vic on detective jobs, to avoid them pulling over his car prowling about the streets in the dark and pulling his license—and suddenly the man was there. He hadn’t been going at much speed down this street, not when he was …

• Quote from Stryder Aedernis: “Quote from Rakshael: “Elise is looking for Hildegard ” I fixed that for you ” I fixed that for you both.

• Hey BA I'm an aunt now!!! My niece was just born tonight, I'm so happy!

• Hi BA! Aikies is in Santa Monica, CA this week! :3

• OoC: Reposting! IC: Louis had suggested sleep, but Jose couldn’t abide idleness. Sleep was her enemy; it was in those restless hours, tossing and turning, that flickers of things she’d buried flashed back through her mind in merciless, jumbled nightmares of memory. No, she needed to move to stay afloat and find peace of mind, and there was precious little space to do that on this crowded ship. Eventually, she settled on wedging a portable exercise bar between the jambs of a doorway, and lost her…

• Cookie. <333 We have already RPed plenty. xD Quote from blackbird: “This thread needs a bit of a bump. I know BA skype chat is still alive and kickin', but we can bring a bit of that energy here. Are any of you guys playin' any video games? Looking forward to any videos coming up? Got any hype for E3? Anyone have any video game inspired RPs they're thinking of.” I've mostly been replaying Pokemon X/Y and ORAS in my bit of off-time during the workweek, hyped for Pokemon Sun/Moon later this year. …

• You're welcome, Z. Quote from Rakshael: “Challenge complete. Furry creature immunity is one of my many virtues.” Even if it was puppas? ;_; Rak is officially a robot. And not even the cute kind wif feels like WALL-E.

• I dare you not to get the adorable opening theme stuck in your head.

• Quote from SacredSturgeon: “Well, given Gina is an evil genius gerbil, it would be more like a Hamtaro/Pinky and the Brain crossover. ... I had no idea how much I wanted that crossover until I actually came up with the idea. :3 ” I would pay a fortune in sunflower seeds to see that happen. Incidentally, I'm shocked you didn't ask "What's Hamtaro"? Sturs actually gets a reference! xD

• I can't find the subscribe button on the mobile version of ZU, so posting to subscribe.

• Quote from 'SacredSturgeon: “So anyone up for a gerbil-freeing rp? :3” I haven't read the character, but in my mind, a gerbil RP plays out like a episode of Hamtaro.

• It had been almost too easy, how she’d won her way into his inner circle. The Dragon Head, Jin Sidao, was a man as brilliant as he was ruthless, and the mixture was far more dangerous than simply the sum of its parts. He had his scientists and engineers pioneering magitechnology far beyond what was available on the streets, while at the same time he had thugs and drug runners peddling heroin and morphine in the dark alleys and pervasive underbelly of Fulton Heights. The highest and lowest sector…

• They're essentially like the strength of your spirit made manifest, a guardian spirit sort of thing. A thoughtform. It could take an animal-like form for someone, but it doesn't have to be one.

• Session 02: Martian Mambo “Hey ladies, stew’s up!” Louis called from the cramped “galley” where he had a pot bubbling on a hot plate. “Got beans, potatoes… least, I think they were potatoes... some sausage—best you don’t ask too much about what’s in the sausage maybe—but it all smells right good and edible! Come get some grub!” The call was met with the same stony silence that pervaded the Gauntlet over the past week, through repairs and their journey alike, punctuated as it was by terse, tense …

• Hunted [blackbird]

Altamira - - Tales of Characters

The blade pressed into his neck—precise and expertly--and drew a thin, weeping drop of blood. “You didn’t answer the most important part of the question.” Her voice was hard, unrelenting. "Perhaps I would be more obliging without a knife placed to my neck. You would be surprised how agreeable someone can be when they aren't questioned by the knife,” he replied bitterly. If he felt the sting of the wound, he did not show it. Nerves of steel, this one. “You’ve yet to convince me that I wouldn’t be…

• Hunted [blackbird]

He showed a little of his hand with that remark. Turning on the charm, as if that would buy him more leverage, more leeway from her. She weighed his words knowing full well they could be a con, meant to play to her ego, and judged that knowledge against the possibility that he was genuinely admitting a weakness. Was he hoping some truth, however embarrassing, would see him through this, or was he trying to flatter her into letting him go? In a normal human, the signs, the physiology of a lie wou…

• I'm on phone so I will reply to Sakume daddaloo lubs later, but... HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYS!!!!

• Hunted [blackbird]

His statement—or at least the second half of it—checked out against what she remembered. The jury was still out on the first part. But he’d kept it simple enough, not embellishing or trying too desperately to paint himself in a more favorable light, the way a lot of people would with a knife to their throat. She remembered the poison fumes… but she didn’t feel a trace of them remaining in her system anymore. She felt… healthy. And a large part of that was no doubt thanks to the cool new energy s…

• The River flowed towards a certain point, as if pulled by some anomaly, a subtle but perceptible tug at its usual currents. Fred narrowed her eyes behind her large round glasses, mentally cursing whoever had been the cause for the problem this time. Simpletons even more foolish than her naïve tag-along Sini, mussing about with forces they didn’t understand. It seemed like there were more and more of those these days. “This way,” she told Sini, leading the way to a portal out of the River and bac…

• I Know the Reaper [Aiko]

“D-don’t cry, Tasia…!” Sini swooped in close to her partner, and reached out to wrap comforting arms around her. Truth be told… she was afraid of this case too. Rashid had warned her, assured her there must be reasons even he didn’t understand for why this file was assigned to them, and normally, she would never doubt such things, always finding a bright side. But this was their first time on their own, either of them… She had to be strong for Tasia. If both of them broke down crying, how could …

• Hunted [blackbird]

The dragon’s potent energy pooled into her, until just enough had collected that it jolted her body’s systems like a shot of adrenaline to the heart, a tug on the tether of her soul, reeling her consciousness back into her form with his sweet breath of life. She jerked awake with a gasp, just as his lips came free, all her senses rushing back to her while her mind frantically tried to make sense of its new reality—to identify the stranger’s face inches from hers, the aura he possessed, the inhum…