Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • The Nintendo Switch

Mirren - - General Gaming

Super Mario Maker 2 in June Fire Emblem: Three Houses in July Astral Chain in August Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 in the Summer DAEMON X MACHINA in the Summer Switch is about to have a kickass Summer. That's an absolutely stacked lineup for the time of year. I thought that was a very good Direct. Great mix of updates on previously announced games, brand new titles, DLC, and indy releases. Despite my love for Castlevania, I was really down on Bloodstained for the longest time because of the visuals…

• The Nintendo Switch

How common is that for a major company like Square-Enix to lose the source code to a property as big as a 3D, home console Final Fantasy?

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Canyarion: “nintendoeverything.com/nintend…ced-for-february-13-2019/ All aboard the hype train? ” Nice to see them outright mention Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I know there was some concern about the game's 2019 status since we got nothing after the E3 reveal, but between the reaffirmation of its Spring release date and now this, it seems that it will, indeed, launch in the first half of this year.

• Quote from Raven: “I'm still playing though Octopath Traveler, and just finished my first story (Primrose's, since she was my starting character I figured I might as well finish her story first). Every other character is about to start their 4th chapter. But uh ... To be honest I don't really want the game to end. As a guy that usually doesn't like story driven JRPGs that much, I am pleasantly surprized by how much I love this game. ” I just got done completing all 8 characters' stories; about t…

• Odd Gaming Habits

Quote from BunniesGoneBad: “I am definitely a reloader in shooters. Even if I shoot 2 bullets out of a mag that holds 36, I gotta reload. Never know when a bullet or two comes in handy! I always save then say 'continue playing' even though I turn it off right after. Mario Kart and the obligatory leaning forward, back, and side to side ” Yes, yes, and yes to all three of those Whenever I play a shooter and I'm hiding behind something for cover, I'm prone to leaning to the sides or looking up alon…

• I love Fighters. I'm super competitive when I play them, even though my skills typically peak at "above average". I play them with comparable enthusiasm to a pro, and only a little bit of their talent 2D Fighters tend to be my favorites. While there are some 3D ones that I enjoy (I'm a huge fan of SoulCalibur) I'm partial to vertical movement. I prefer a sphere of battle that involves leaping about and hurling attacks in mid air.

• Congrats, my fellow Buffalonian! (I think. Right? You at least used to live here. Forgive me if I'm a dope). Did not realize you were ZU's Digimon Overlord, either. All the more reason to make you worthy of this honor!

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Viajero de la Galaxia: “I also bought a pro controller because of Smash, I was fine with the joycons for BotW but you're definitely at a disadvantage with joycons in Smash - it's too easy to press wrong/multiple buttons with the joycons in Smash, and god forbid if you're playing with a single joycon lol ” That sounds like a horror story

• The Nintendo Switch

Playing Smash Ultimate with the Joy Cons was infuriating for me, so I finally caved and got a Pro Controller shortly after the game came out. Aside from when I play in handheld mode, I'm never going back to the Joy Cons for any game.

• The Nintendo Switch

Something to glean from the Ars Technica link that @John shared - The Switch library already owns the highest selling 3D Zelda and 3D Mario, and will soon own the highest selling Super Smash Bros. title. That's impressive stuff. It will also likely end up having the third best selling Mario Kart title. 8 Deluxe currently sits with 15 million copies sold, while 7 on 3DS had just a hair over 18 million. 8 Deluxe will most certainly eclipse that at some point in the Switch's lifetime. Depending on …

• This was mentioned in the Switch thread, but I think it deserves noting here, too. Ultimate has already sold more than 12 million copies Quote from gamtos: “Not particularly contesting that; I've never had much of an issue with how Ganondorf plays, but the community at large definitely seems to. ” I feel like it doesn't help that he was, well, terrible in Brawl and 4. Being a clone is one thing; being a clone that's also bad? Lord, have mercy!

• And thus, we enter the phase where there are Piranha Plants online everywhere. EVERYWHERE. I'm usually a little over 3 million GSP with my main, Ike, and I couldn't believe how many I still encountered. People went ham with the Plant as soon as he dropped Quote from gamtos: “Yeah you've definitely switched language on me. How did you possibly interpret my half-baked comment as a complaint about his tier status? Quote from Mirren: “It might have something to do with making Ganondorf's moveset eve…

• The Nintendo Switch

FF9-1.jpeg

• Quote from gamtos: “Quote from Mirren: “Quote from gamtos: “I know, I know, but changing Dark Dive to something more like Air Slash or Final Cutter would have done an even better job imho. They still kinda half-baked it. I don't think anyone hated the addition of Flame Choke, and no one is calling Samus a Falcon clone despite similarities in their tilts and dash attack. Special moves do a LOT for decloning. Mii Swordfighter also has this clone of Falcon Kick but with the sword in front, I feel t…

• Odd Gaming Habits

No matter the genre, if the game has currency, I refuse to spend everything I have at once. I'll never make myself broke, no matter how helpful the items I'm looking to buy may be. I'll go out and farm for cash before I empty my in-game wallet. I am adamant to keep a certain amount of money available at all times (which I usually end up never even needing, in the first place) This one has some practical sense given how much gesturing was necessary, but I played 100% of Skyward Sword standing up.…

• ZU Smash Bros. Night Gonna add one shameless plug to see if it grabs anyone's attention. Otherwise, by all means, be on your merry way.

• Quote from gamtos: “I know, I know, but changing Dark Dive to something more like Air Slash or Final Cutter would have done an even better job imho. They still kinda half-baked it. I don't think anyone hated the addition of Flame Choke, and no one is calling Samus a Falcon clone despite similarities in their tilts and dash attack. Special moves do a LOT for decloning. Mii Swordfighter also has this clone of Falcon Kick but with the sword in front, I feel that would be great for Dorf. ” Having pl…

• Quote from gamtos: “Not quite sure why Smash is so hyperfocussed on the Spaceworld 2000 demo but I suppose fans are happy about Ganondorf having """his""" sword. ” It might have something to do with making Ganondorf's moveset even more distinct from Captain Falcon's. Call me crazy.

• The Nintendo Switch

December 6th, 2018 - Quote from Mirren: “Guys, I'm not going to lie, I think I'm officially worried about the status of Metroid Prime 4... ” See? I was worried and overthinking for a reason!!

• ZU GAME NIGHT SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE jpg I'll be the first to admit that this whole endeavor is kind of self-serving. I really want to play Super Smash Bros. with ya'll. But, I also feel like a lot of you do, too! We used to do this kind of stuff back in the day with Brawl, and it was a blast. Now that Smash's online is actually competent it has to be even better, right? Anything that's proposed here is still tentative, especially regarding time. My first inclination was to have this run fro…

• Quote from HeroOfTime5: “Quote from Mirren: “vox.com/policy-and-politics/20…ilitary-ban-supreme-court That this subject still exists absolutely infuriates me. ” Before, I respond to SCOTUS' decision let me preface my response by saying that I wholly support the Trans community. In regards to SCOTUS' decision, the judicial branch has long provided the executive branch with a fair amount of oversight over military management. While I do believe the original intention of this ban was discriminatory…

• There's not a chance in hell I could read more than one book at a time.

• vox.com/policy-and-politics/20…ilitary-ban-supreme-court That this subject still exists absolutely infuriates me.

• Solo getting nominated for best VFX is absurd. That movie's visuals were more dreary than a Zack Snyder flick. The Infinity War nod also seems like pandering. There wasn't too much in that film that was really groundbreaking for blockbuster visuals. It was all good, yes, but remarkable? Hardly.

• For everyone who expressed interest or would be interested in a big online meetup to play Smash -- would this coming Friday or Saturday night (the 25th or 26th) work for you? I would gladly start a thread and organize all Friend Codes and the like leading up to it. I don't want to derail the discussion, so feel free to just 'Like' this post as a show of interest.

• The Right's respect for the military lost any credibility the day that they embraced a man who mocked POWs.

• There's a little more to the story than the first video let on. The kids from the Catholic high school were in DC attending an anti-abortion rally. Nearby, there were several other rallies going on, including the Indigenous Peoples March, but there was also a group representing the Black Hebrew Israelite. Other videos showed the latter hurling a number of awful insults toward the Catholic high school students (including homophobic and borderline, if not, outright racist remarks) which were inapp…

• A few random thoughts - -- Classic Mode is just plain wonderful this time around. Some of the themes are so inventive and appropriate to the characters' unique backgrounds. Toon Link having all multi-man tag matches and Luigi facing off against a gauntlet of spooky or horror-esque foes is brilliant stuff. My personal favorite might be Bowser's final boss - (Hidden Content) -- A hot take, but Spirits are better than Trophies. There, I said it. The sheer number of Spirits allow for so many more ch…

• Quote from Silver: “npr.org/2019/01/17/686188335/i…itizen-and-marine-veteran fuck ICE and fuck Trump ” Dear God. If it's true that he suffers from PTSD after his military service, this ordeal must have been terrifying for him. I get why ICE exists, but I feel like the implementation is flawed. Track down people whose visas have expired etc., but present the option to renew their citizenship; don't jump straight to deportation. The threat of deportation only seems to A.) Make Dreamers or undocume…

• Octopath Traveler

Quote from Guinea: “Octopath aquired. ” I actually just started playing that again last night. I only focused on four characters' stories on my first go around, so I've gone back to play through the other four. It's one of my favorite games from last year.

• The Nintendo Switch

A possibility that Switch actually hits that 20 million FY18 goal?

• DC Cinematic Universe

Mirren - - Entertainment

It's for the better (and what they should have done, in the first place). Movies like Wonder Woman, Black Panther, and Aquaman proved that solo superhero outings can make mega bucks at the box office and/or have enormous cultural impact. No need to try to replicate The Avengers success. It's also a good time to be focusing on solo movies because the MCU will soon be doing likewise. There's going to be a cool down period for them after Endgame, as they slowly build toward whatever their next plan…

• DC Cinematic Universe

Mirren - - Entertainment

Justice League never should have happened when it did. They tried a big crossover event without first establishing a majority of the main characters. That first 1/3 or so of the movie is atrocious because it jumps around constantly, trying desperately to get the audience acquainted with Barry Allen, Arthur, and Victor Stone, while also laying out the sub plots for Diana, Bats, Lois Lane, Steppenwolfe... It was just too damn much. Compounding that fact was that you had heavy studio interference a…

• Quote from Canyarion: “Is this the right place to say I just saw Justice League and can't believe how they managed to mess that up??? At least The Flash cracked me up, he was hilarious. ” I believe we have an actual DCEU thread for that

• Quote from Cajbaj: “@BackSet-Chan if you're actually interested in why the meta is like it is, saying "Well I experienced this, so why is X generally accepted?" Isn't the way you go about learning. A better way would be lurking on smashboards, learning matchups and why they are the way they are, etc. Or at the very least ask higher skill players with respect that they know more about high skill play. Different tiers of play have different characters as being better than others, and at high tier …

• We need to set up a ZU Smash Bros. night. Soon. The Arena mode makes online gatherings so much easier.

• Quote from Lady Sunshine: “Harry Potter 4 & Mossflower (again), and just started The Thief Lord last night. Also excited to start The House of Many Ways this week! ” Mossflower is definitely the best Redwall book. Funny you bring that up, too, because I'm on a Redwall kick right now. I read Salamandastron last month, and I'm currently reading Rakkety Tam. I plan to re-read Pearls of Lutra, next. Quote from Guinea: “I mentioned this to Emerald Isle earlier, but my favorite book of all time, maybe…

• Quote from Canyarion: “Quote from Mirren: “Ike and I are best bros all over again ” Is it just me or is Ike a lot slower this time? Or did the rest just become faster? He used to be my favorite, but now I can't handle him. I played some Bowser and even he seems to be faster, while still hitting just as hard. And when I hear such stories about character balance, I'm glad I decided not to play online. I want to, but I know I'd spend more time on it than I want. ” I thought the same exact thing abo…

• The Nintendo Switch

I'm thinking this means Fire Emblem: Three Houses launches in April, or even May, then. Quote from Guinea: “I think Kirby is pretty challenging! Especially when the stage is moving so fast you can't find all the hidden stuff. Robobot and Triple Deluxe was a blast to play, but it can induce rage if you miss things. ” I loved Robobot and Triple Deluxe. They were far from iconic, but they were very fun to play at the time.

• Ike and I are best bros all over again