Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • I guarantee you guys, that if Iwata were still alive, this bad decision to just stick with the nostalgia and never improve would not have even happened. And we would've actually gotten a teaser showing the actual game instead. All the more reason why I miss the Iwata era so much it hurts. Nintendo was smarter, the games were better, everyone, and everything else was all much better than as things are now, with this new Nintendo. If you're not willing to accept the fact that Nintendo has changed …

• Quote from John: “So, I think the problem here is that you seem to be equating "I don't like this decision" with "this decision is objectively bad and means that Nintendo hates the fans". The two are not the same. As you note, many fans don't care about the timeline, so why is Nintendo following their lead a sign of them being abandoned? ” When I said they don't care about the fans, I mean that they don't about them as people, not like they used to. They only care about that what the fans want w…

• My point here guys is that Nintendo making this decision show that they don't want to do anything different with the Prime series, when they should. I know a lot of people here don't care about timelines. But remember that I'm one of the really loud (and for good reasons) minority who actually care about timelines. So for me, in my opinion, by making this decision, Nintendo is showing that they still don't care about timelines of their franchises. I'm at a point, where I've come to accept the HH…

• As you all know, Metroid Prime 4 was in development for Nintendo Switch by Bandai Namco since sometime before E3 2017. The anticipation for this game was nuts all throughout 2017 post E3, all last year (2018), started to die after E3 2018, more so after Game Awards 2018, and now this year, the hype is practically dead now. Now especially that Nintendo has now confirmed that Metroid Prime 4 is now starting back at the beginning of development. Only this time, with the original devs of Retro Studi…

• Can we expect a new Zelda in 2019?

PJC - - Future Zelda

Quote from Linkle: “Uhhh, @PJCLink, as someone who has played all the Zelda games, most about 60 times, and played BotW the least, I can say that no, none of that stuff was anything more than a silly Easter egg. There can be references to past Zelda games — even multiple times — without it being a hint towards a remake. You are reading way too much into things with the hope that LA will be remade when it isn’t that likely. Things like musical nods, names, and character references do not equal hi…

• Zelda Headcanons

PJC - - Theorizing

Since I'm in a better mood now from reading these posts that made me laugh. Here's some more headcanon stuff from me. First, I'll start with the Demise one I wanted to do earlier. (Hidden Content) I know I made this headcanon a little too much like fan fiction. But i don't want to do a full fan-fiction right now since it's committing to something that's officially illegal now. So that's why I'm treating it as a headcanon instead. Anyways, the last headcanon for this post is that Link does talk. …

• Zelda Headcanons

PJC - - Theorizing

Here is my final timeline related headcanon. (Hidden Content) I did not include HW or BotW for obvious reasons. BotW especially. Being that BotW is more like an Anti-Zelda than a Zelda it just doesn't belong in any timeline. I'm sorry, but I just really hate BotW that much that I just can't place in any version of my headcanon timeline anymore. This is my last timeline, since the Zelda I knew and loved is done. And nobody cares enough to let it thrive anymore. Not even Nintendo themselves. BotW …

• Glad to see that I'm the only one who has Link wearing that same exact style of Green Dye Cap of the Wild, Green Hylian Tunic, and Default Hylian Trousers. However, before Cap of Wild, I go with Cap of the Hero or Cap of Time instead usually. But before those, I usually go with default Hylian Hood, instead of green. The green Hylian Hood makes him look too much like Green Arrow that it's kind of weird, silly, and funny at the same time. But only when it's with the green Hylian hood. With the Blu…

• Quote from Kokiri Kid: “I want a steampunk Zelda too! I've made sprites for a steampunk Toon Link, thinking I might someday make a steampunk Zelda myself in Solarus ” Cool! I'd love to see that idea see the light of day someday! That'd be awesome! I've always been a huge fan of steampunk. Don't know why. It just always had this epic modern fantasy adventure vibe that I just really love. Especially ever since ST, and when I had a dream about a ST sort of sequel in an artstyle like SS, with an Adu…

• Zelda Geography

PJC - - Theorizing

Hey @Kokiri Kid. Just curious. Are you still working on that big Hyrule geography map thing? It's been a very long time since the last time you've posted anything of that on here. I just remembered and started wondering about it. It's been so many months! I kinda miss that map to be honest. So have you made any more progress or changes on it since?

• Allow me to explain DDTCPT and what I meant. What meant by Demise Defeated Twice was in Link's personal experience. I meant that in this timeline, Link had defeated Demise Twice. The first time in the present, and then the past. Then came back to a changed and altered present that he created by defeating Demise in the past. This is the game ends canonically. So the timeline would like something like this: |-----------------/>WW|PH>ST |--/>MC>FS>OoT|MM>TP>FSA |-/---------------\>ALttP|OoX|LA>ALBW…

• Really good theory. Except there are some obvious flaws. 1. If SS split by that logic. Then there would be three branches. DDET, DDLT, and DDTCPT (Defeated Demise Twice Changed Present Timeline). 2. Link and Zelda would have to stay in the past with Past SS Impa in order for DDET to happen. 3. Same as 2 for DDLT. But that Link and Zelda would have to stay in the present, after Zelda awakens from her crystal stasis, with Link having to somehow manage to keep Ghirahim from taking Zelda back to the…

• Quote from theterriblefate: “I think it could mean he will appear in another game. ” Well, he did appear in OoX, which came out after MM, so. And there was a theory that I agree with that suggested that Zant is the HMS reincarnated as a Twili or disguised as a Twili or something. Remember that this guy is a creepy mysterious twisted psychotically insane multi-faced sociopath nutjob with the ability be anyone of any race he wants through his magical transformation masks, so anything is possible. …

PJC - - Future Zelda

Quote from Canyarion: “You know how that sounds like? "I'm not crazy!!! Everyone else is crazy! I'm the only one not crazy!!" You tell yourself that Nintendo is working on LA. You make up 'proof' for this, because for some weird reason you want to believe it. You try to convince us here but nobody agrees with you. And when Nintendo doesn't announce anything (because they're not working on it) you say they have sick mind games. ” Here you go again! Being a-hole as usual! The proof is all there! I…

PJC - - Future Zelda

Quote from Canyarion: “They also recycled ALttP and TLoZ in the same song. And they recycled music from pretty much half the Zelda games in BotW. Are we getting remakes of all those games then? Maybe you should inform those Youtubers about this. They should start making videos about that! ” Except the LA part of the song is emphasized so much and even has this marching thing to it, like it's implying that something is related to that is marching on it's way. Anyways, whatever what could come, if…

• You do realize this is before I realized that the new game wouldn't be using BotW's engine right?

PJC - - Future Zelda

Quote from john_marston: “A 2D/top-down Zelda wouldn’t really cut it on Switch ” If 2D Pokemon and 2D Mario can work on a console like Switch, then I'm sure Zelda would as well. And they have to have 2D Zelda Switch anyways, cause the 3DS is practically done after 2019. It'd be a vitally bad move to do away with 2D Zelda. Especially all because of no more 3DS. It would make the Switch look the mistake. Which would be bad cause it would kill Switch since there are people actually do care about 2D…

PJC - - Future Zelda

Quote from Canyarion: “Yeah well, a 100 lies don't make something true. I agree with you here, I don't believe any of the rumors. ” It's not that. It's more that Nintendo just keeps throwing all these nods to LA, making and letting people think that a potential LA remake/requel could happen. Thus causing the creation of all these rumors/leaks. But nothing ever does happen. I do believe Nintendo has at least worked on something. But with the success of BotW, Nintendo just only cares about 3D Zeld…

PJC - - Future Zelda

Quote from Kokopelli: “It's been a longer wait than usual for a 2D Zelda, but ALBW took four years, so this isn't unprecedented. They also don't really show anything or say much about the 2D games until less than a year before they're released. Plus, 3DS -> Switch is a pretty big jump in technology and Aonuma has said that they want to further evolve the 2D games, so it's understandable for it to take longer than usual. ” So, do you think there is a chance we might actually get this alleged LA r…

PJC - - Future Zelda

Well. A Link's Awakening remake has been leaked/rumored for like the multiplth time. So what do you think. Is a LA remake possible in you opinion. Honestly, in my opinion, I really doubt it at this point, otherwise it would have happened already. But hey that's just me. Although, they still keep throwing LA nods out there left and right, like something could still happen. Even now with Super Smash Bros Ultimate's Marin spirit and Toon Link's LA based skin has been updated to look more original b…

PJC - - Future Zelda

Quote from MVS: “I totally expect a 2Dish Zelda to just pop up randomly in a Nintendo Direct "soon" from nowhere. ” Seeing as Nintendo has been acting like 2D Zelda doesn't exist anymore since BotW's release and success, even after Champion's Ballad's release, I really doubt at this point that we'll see any 2D Zelda ever again, unless it's modern/massive open world like BotW. Since that's all Nintendo cares about now when it comes to Zelda. Quote from MVS: “I believe in 2021 at the earliest for …

PJC - - Future Zelda

Quote from Linkle: “wccftech.com/aonuma-next-zelda-surprises/ ^Just in case anyone is looking for context for the quote. ” Oh yeah. I remember that now. And that was after BotW released. You said it was before. But it would've been nice if Zeltik and Commonwealth would've shared this link and mentioned it in their videos were to find it for those who either don't/didn't know about it or do but just either forgot or lost the link to it. That would've been much more helpful than what they provided…

• Quote from MVS: “And no you can't blame your "sources" (the youtubers) for not having good sources ” Actually, I can cause it's their fault for starting all this commotion, when they spread out the misinformation. It's their fault that I posted this thread including their misinformation in the topic. Yeah, I probably still would've posted a topic like this eventually the more I give the video that I shared to Linkle more thought and used that as the source instead. But that's the thing, if it we…

• Quote from Linkle: “He did rethink the conventions of Zelda, and like it or hate it, BotW is what we got and what he considers Zelda’s return to form. That’s just fact. Look, I hate it, too, way more than you do, but it is what it is. Aonuma found what he wanted Zelda to be, so he’s not going to keep rethinking the conventions he’s set now entirely when he’s happy with it; that’d just be stupid. ” I hate to break this up to you, since you clearly haven't been following any Zelda news at all sinc…

• Quote from MVS: “No offense, but I think it is ridiculous to think that they would reinvent everything, like come on, how can you even believe that? Can as well create a new IP at that point. And you just assume stuff without having the necessary information... and even if you did, things can easily change. It is way too early. ” So Aonuma saying how he wants to "rethink" the conventions of Zelda numerous was all just a dream I had? Then explain why BotW is already nothing like that of a Zelda g…

• Still waiting on a true proper steampunk Zelda with a surreal anime steampunk artstyle and Link looking like something out a modern Final Fantasy game. But where he's actually wearing green this time. Even if he doesn't have his cap. Yes, there was a starter green tunic in that of the Warm Doublet. But you couldn't for the darn-est thing upgrade it for some in-explicable reason. And it even looked cool too. Way better than the Champion's Tunic. I would've rather worn that into Vah Medoh instead …

• How hard is it to ask two youtube channels for their sources? I could try. But they won't answer me since I'm considered a nuisance to them, given that we have some history in the past. They probably blocked me for all I know. I'm sorry I wasn't that helpful, I'm just going by what adds and makes sense given by what is known and the history. Again, you have the two unreliable youtube channels to blame for the lack of source, not me.

• Quote from RealmWings: “2018 has been I believe the first year we've gotten nothing since like 2012 or 2013. Why would that change? ” Actually more like 2008. We did get Battle Quest via Nintendo Land, even though it was only a parody. But it was still something new and bigger than whatever Smash Ultimate's World of Light's Sacred Land tried to do in attempt to top what Nintendo Land's attraction provided. So at least, Nintendo went in this year knowing that their Zelda fans were going to be ver…

• Quote from Linkle: “Okay, that’s all well and good but sorry, no. Aonuma said the next Zelda game will be sooner than we think, so it’s not going to be THAT long at the very least. ” I'm sorry but going by what's been said according to those youtubers, which sadly makes sense and does go along with what I do know has been said, there is zero chance that the next Zelda is coming anytime soon. If I have learned anything from Nintendo's history of the Zelda franchise dating back from since TP and h…

• Basically, you can the stuff that Nintendo has said in CaC, and numerous interviews with Aonuma and Fujibayashi from last year up to recent. Youtubers have been constantly bring it up that Nintendo has said those things that they're working on something completely new and not to get comfortable with anything from BotW or any previous games. That the next game is gonna be completely new different. That's what's I'm basing this on, cause Nintendo really has kept bringing this stuff up. And youtube…

• Yes! You heard right folks! The next Zelda game isn't coming until 2024. And it may not even be a Switch game. Here is why! Based on what's been said by Aonuma, Nintendo has absolutely zero plans for a BotW prequel or sequel, let alone to even reuse BotW's engine and assets/resources. Yes, it is confirmed that the next Zelda will not reuse BotW's engines and that none of anything else which was used in BotW is going to reused ever. This includes shrines, divine beasts, story direction, story in …

• Quote from BackSet-Chan: “Off topic: *sigh* You really need to stop overreacting to things. ” I know, sorry about that. That was before I saw your post. I edited the "More Off-Topic Stuff" part out. Anyways, to again bring this back on topic. I agree with you Metroid Crossover idea. But the only way I see that working is like HW. Basically Metroid gameplay in a Zelda world, with Zelda characters. Maybe then we'll finally have a side-scroll Zelda game that's actually successful. Or maybe even a Z…

• (Hidden Content) Well anyways, since the thread is derailed again by a certain someone, I guess I have post more about my idea of a Zelda game featuring the return of the Hero of Light, again, for the umpteenth time. My idea is that there should be a new Zelda game with the Hero of Light as the main hero. But Link can still be in there. And the rest you can read in my previous post quoted here: (Hidden Content)

• Quote from Mango The Magician: “I'm enjoying this conversation but I think we're derailing this thread, which is my fault since I started it, so we best stop. ” Agreed. We should. Quote from Mango The Magician: “That said the 10K guy whatever you want to consider him is gendered male in botw. Impa refers to him delivering "his final blow" to Calamity Ganon. Not stating this to continue to argue just that it's something I noticed when playing the game. ” That doesn't exactly prove anything. Impa …

• Quote from Mango The Magician: “If we're to assume 10K Zelda is a reference or meant to look like BOTW Zelda and that the color of the tapestry is meant to be "peach" but is altered by background interference from the tapestry color then why would we not assume 10K hero is meant to reference BOTW Link? BOTW Link has darker hair than Zelda of course and if you untied his ponytail his hair would be pretty long...I don't really see how it would be a leap to assume that the two just look identical t…

• Quote from Mango The Magician: “I'd hardly say that they got the Princess look right, as I'm looking at it right now, and unless we want to assume 10K Zelda had a horrible fake tan at all times or was severely burned, as the the color of her skin the tapestry is like a darkish Brown ” But it still doesn't change the fact that everything else about 10k Zelda is accurate. Also, of the skin would be dark. It's a light orange-ish brown like tan colored tapestry. So if it went with 10k Zelda's actual…

• Quote from BackSet-Chan: “Link is kind of a gender neuteral name. When I dissasociate the name Link with the character I don't think of a gender. ” Yeah. Same. I actually created my own female version of Link in Soul Calibur VI a couple months ago. She's just named Link. But I dubbed her "Lady Link" since she's a female Link, to differentiate her from the male Link. Sort of like how Young Link is called Young Link to differentiate from Adult Link. They're all Link, but they have labels/words bef…

• Quote from Mango The Magician: “I know you're cool with a fem Link. I was just stating that the option of a seperate character who can be customized similar to say Sonic Forces would allow players a female option without changing Link, something many people, including myself (Link is too iconic to change and not only is the idea of one singular being always showing up looking identical throughout history really interesting, but just in general part of what makes Link so cool to me is that he is …

• Quote from Mango The Magician: “Revisiting the "Hero of Light" could be cool, and a good solution to a gender option ” Yes it would. As for gender option, I wouldn't mind if they had female Link. Just don't have it where it's a choice. Just one gender for Link. Sometimes guy, others as a girl. But yeah, with Hero of Light, they could easily make the gender option work better that way. Quote from Mango The Magician: “but I fail to see how they'd work that into the lore or world of Zelda since the…

• Even though I still don't see a new 2D Zelda happening at this point. But if it did, at this point, it's more likely that they'll definitely take notes from Pokemon Let's Go, and perhaps revive another old idea from the Broadcast Satellaview games like they did with ALBW with the whole rental system. And the TFH Demo with the specific times of day of the servers being up. I believe this time, they'll actually bring back the boy/girl "Hero of Light" character in a more definitive canonical form. …