Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Zelda Headcanons

Mango The Magician - - Theorizing

So not really a creative theory or mine, as it's more of an almaganation of various other headcanons so I don't really take credit for it, but this is how I view the Zora: -They were created by Faron as the Parella and later changed to become the Zora in honor of Faron. These were the original OOT Zora. -They're highly adaptive to their environment and become more Fish-like when exposed to more types of fish. -As beings that were created from a dragon they're part dragon and can be changed quite…

• I hope the printer photos are animated in the intro style along with the ending.

• Quote from Ganon Vader: “Why does Link have the Hylian shield, and why is his hat brim green and not yellow? ” well they're just straight using the OOX/AlBW look for all versions of Classic Link now...and also his they felt like making his brim green...just because I guess? I mean the Hylian Shield is likely due to them sorta wanting to ring in the various styles of Link, but the green brim could be a reference to the Tunic of The Wild.

• I feel like people wouldn't be complaining as much if the models still had anime eyes but everything else stayed the same.

• I squeled when I saw the intro. It feels like forever since I've seen that beautiful shade of green. The in-game art is weird and make a me think of Nintendo Land but I feel like it's meant to be LA in 3D so I can get used to it. Plus it'll look a lot better in motion and with music and all that. Anyways couple of things I noticed: -They're using Oracles/AlBW Link as opposed to ALTTP Link. Thus the question of the correct order, ALttP->OOX->LA vs ALttP->LA->OOX is again one that is going to be h…

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from gamtos: “And those other 3% mostly belong to the sci-fi/fantasy genres, which Zelda is a part of. ” actually most if not all fantasy works I would say function as a AU of Earth. Also I want point out that i wasn't trying to down talk your headcanon just state that most fictional worlds borrow so heavily from Earth that they are essentially Earth without being called as such. Case in point both Mario's world and Sonic's world, while never having "names" are very much intended to be Ear…

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from gamtos: “Hyrule is an AU of earth. Not really a headcanon with all of the evidence in regard to 24 hour days, a sun that seems the same size, the same constellations, a similar moon, etc. ” This describes 97% of all fictional works.

• I really like the idea of this theory, as it goes a long ways towards making "10000 years" seem reasonable and not ridiculous, but there's a lot of issues. Also that recolor of the tapestry is weird.

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from Nonoctoro: “Quote from Mango The Magician: “suddenly having new Goddesses ” Venus.png Everyone forgot about Venus … She is a 女神 (Megami) and the first Goddess ever shown in the games. I think that I already made it but … The Goddesses Venus, Hylia and Jashin are "sisters". They each can be associated with one of the Golden Goddesses. Hylia and Nayru, Venus and Farore and Jashin and Din. ” I feel like this is reaching. We've seen before that there are plenty of Great Fairies and I see …

• Zelda Headcanons

Not to bring said topic back, but I rather prefer having a consistent and set timeline and I'd consider the most important sources of canon to be: - In-game material. - HH - Dev statements - HE That's it. Anyways, three Headcanons: - Termina is a world of imagination but it's not all Skull Kid, part of it is Link. Characters like the Goron named Link are characters created from Link's memory. The goron would be a warped image of Darunia's son. Tatl is also a figure of Link's imagination despite …

• We know from OOT that prior to HoT being born there was a civil war between various races and its highly likely that it ended a couple of years before the start of the game. We can see this by how secluded the races are. None of them want anything to do with anyone unless they're a messagener of the Royal Family. We can infer from here that the war ended with the unification of the various races under the Hylian Royal Family. Everything else comes from HH. We don't actually know when the ToT was…

• The Big Theory Q&A

I've heard of it and have seen that video, I don't think they're canon though. Mario Wiki states that they were written by the writers of the magazine they appeared in (Club Nintendo Germany) and if that's the case then they likely had no input whatsoever from Miyamoto or the Zelda people.

• Zelda Headcanons

So this is a headcanon I've been thinking about for a while and it's both: A: partially canon in some ways. B: not really original on my part as many have stated similar things. Anyways, basically this is how I view the nature of Force and Malice in Zelda: -They're essentially polar opposites. All things within the world of Zelda have Force while Malice is the lack of Force. -The world was literally created from the Force of the Golden Goddesses and what existed prior to this was pure chaos, pur…

• The Big Theory Q&A

The Triforce likely went back to the sacred realm. In fact since it's so tied to Hyrule that decision was probably part of the Kings wish as he wished to "wash away Hyrule" and returning to the Sacred Realm, something many didn't even know about in WW, would've been sufficient enough to "wash away" the Triforce and the memories of it.

• The Big Theory Q&A

Hytopia is located north of Hyrule according to HE and even of you disagree with HE you can't really deny the likelihood that Hytopia is located somewhere near Hyrule and we know the Sheikah existed at one point in the timeline and every time they say they're the "last one" a sequel comes out disapproving that...especially in the case of BOTW...so I don't see it being unlikely at all that somehow the Sheikah could have ended up in Hytopia. Mayne they stationed themselves there to keep watch on t…

• I do this a lot. I think we all do. It's easy to get wrapped up in what you think you should be and then at least for me lately, eat yourself alive whenever you're not actively working towards some career. Any second I'm not devoting to finding a path in life I feel like I'm wasting said time...constantly living in the shadow of some huge clock I've imagined. ...it's not healthy, and if anything it does more to beat you down and tear you away from your potential and closer to becoming cynical an…

• The Big Theory Q&A

wouldn't the placement of TFH and the presence of the Sheikah eye on the Wallmasters imply that the Sheikah were active way later in the DT then were lead to believe?

• The Triforce is a troll. Wishing for a new land would probably do something stupid like flood the existing land.

• The Big Theory Q&A

neither a skeleton or a mummy would have the lungs to scream...right? So perhaps the differences between what you get when you burn a Gibdo goes to show just what kind of burial practices were most common during the period at which said person died. Gibdo (Redead) = only partially mummified. Gibdo (Stalfos) = fully mummified.

• The Big Theory Q&A

REDEAD = REanimated DEAD. Similarly clay is found in soil so perhaps the amount of clay a Redead has is determined by just how much of its body has deteriorated and needs to be supplemented with clay. Perhaps the location of Hytopia or the soil of the place Redeads are found in has a mineral composition that leads to a way softer clay.

• I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that at the 0:35 mark of the night time Kakariko track it plays the item/chest opening jingle. youtu.be/RRtG3qz-Hjo Here have a listen.

• Quote from Evran_Speer: “Let's get back on topic, team. Quote from Mango The Magician: “Skyloft stayed in the air while the Isle of the Goddess fell down at the end of SS. Interestingly the orientation of the Isle of Goddess matches up with the orientation of the Temple of Time in SS, and we know the Sealed Temple became the Temple of Time, so I'm actually kinda curious how skyloft would match up when overlayed with botws map. ” I'm not sure how to go about aligning the two. The Temple of Time i…

• Skyloft stayed in the air while the Isle of the Goddess fell down at the end of SS. Interestingly the orientation of the Isle of Goddess matches up with the orientation of the Temple of Time in SS, and we know the Sealed Temple became the Temple of Time, so I'm actually kinda curious how skyloft would match up when overlayed with botws map. Anyways MC mentions that the Minish originally came from the sky so they likely have a means of returning to the sky.

• So your thread got me thinking...how come no one has ever wished to just get rid of Ganon? There's plenty of periods where Ganon don't exist and the people have the whole Triforce...including pre-WW so why not just wish that he doesn't come back?

• Zelda Headcanons

Headcanon: Pre-SS Sheikah lived near or on Eldin Volcano. They created the fireshield earrings and likely chose the region due to it's height and the ability to see enemies coming. They built the Fire Sanctuary and possibly the Earth Temple as well. After the return to the surface they simply moved further down the mountain and built/founded Kakariko.

• Personally I just assume the Rito in Botw are just a new race that happens to have the same name as the other Ritos. They could have either came about before OOT but weren't present in Hyrule or after OOT on one of the branches. In this sense..."Rito" = any "bird humanoid race."

• Not to barge in, but shaving anything but your face is so time consuming and frustrating. Like I've tried but it's a never ending battle against body hair. I'd get it all waxed but: -that hurts. -that's expensive. -I wouldn't want to put someone through that nightmare.

• Quote from TriforceHolder: “Would anyone else be interested in seeing the Zuna return? In Four Swords Adventures they were the tribe that encased Ganon's Trident inside a pyramid to blanket it's dark magic and prevent anyone from misusing it. A tribe whose job it was to clean up all magic left behind by the Triforce Holders during their centennial battles would be interesting to get a closer look at. ” that would be cool. The Zuna didn't get the development they deserved. Plus I've always headca…

• The Big Theory Q&A

Quote from RealmWings: “Why, then, do you think that the Shiekah had a special relationship with the Oocca? Do you think it was simply geographic, or did they both just happen to advance more rapidly than the Hylians? Perhaps the Hylians simply weren't the dominant civilization before the Hylia-Demise battle? ” This is more of a headcanon but I see the Sheikah as originally being just a highly trained group of Hylians/humans appointed by Hylia to watch over her people...basically the royal guard…

• The Big Theory Q&A

Quote from RealmWings: “Question - For how long do you believe the Hylians existed before Hylia's battle with Demise? Do you believe other civilizations existed before them, or did all of the races and civilizations begin when the Golden Goddesses created the world? ” I've always believed that the GG created the world but there was a gap of time between creation and the creation/appointment of Hylia where extremely primitive people and creatures existed. This period would be when the Oocca flour…

• The Big Theory Q&A

Quote from gamtos: “Yeah they keep fucking around with the elements. Take the Nayru-looking Zora Sapphire and then the Rito's keeping of Din's Pearl. Then factor in that Revali could be seen as the champion of wind and Farore's said to be the Wind Goddess in WW, and you got a full house. ” Farore is called a wind goddess in ww? Is that in regards to the pearls or the statue? Though I'm not sure what to describe her as to be honest. Din created the planet, Nayru created the skies and law and Faro…

• @PJCLink I'm enjoying this conversation but I think we're derailing this thread, which is my fault since I started it, so we best stop. That said the 10K guy whatever you want to consider him is gendered male in botw. Impa refers to him delivering "his final blow" to Calamity Ganon. Not stating this to continue to argue just that it's something I noticed when playing the game.

• The Big Theory Q&A

Quote from Evran_Speer: “@Mango The Magician The dragon head at the Spring of Courage doesn't resemble Faron, so I think it's more likely a different dragon entirely, from a/the generation between Faron and Farosh. It's possible that Faron changed her appearance or that the statue isn't entirely accurate, it just seems less likely. What's the connection with Sheikah and frogs? ” yeah that's the issue but Faron is the only Water Dragon Zelda really has and it's all in such a close proximnity of L…

• @PJCLink If we're to assume 10K Zelda is a reference or meant to look like BOTW Zelda and that the color of the tapestry is meant to be "peach" but is altered by background interference from the tapestry color then why would we not assume 10K hero is meant to reference BOTW Link? BOTW Link has darker hair than Zelda of course and if you untied his ponytail his hair would be pretty long...I don't really see how it would be a leap to assume that the two just look identical to Botw Zelda and Link.

• @PJCLink -the tapestry is weird. I'd hardly say that they got the Princess look right, as I'm looking at it right now, and unless we want to assume 10K Zelda had a horrible fake tan at all times or was severely burned, as the the color of her skin the tapestry is like a darkish Brown red and in fact the same color used for the heroes hair is the same color they use for his pants and skin in the tapestry so either it's inaccurate or this individual was terrifying. Also I mean the game never speci…

• Personally I find it really weird that they have husbands but we never see them and despite several characters talking about their husbands they're not even allowed in town and live someplace elsewhere.

• @PJCLink Uhh...yeah I underestimated my ability to hold a conversation on this site when all I have that can access the site is my phone (my computer game ended itself.) Anyways couple of points: -I know you're cool with a fem Link. I was just stating that the option of a seperate character who can be customized similar to say Sonic Forces would allow players a female option without changing Link, something many people, including myself (Link is too iconic to change and not only is the idea of o…

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from Evran_Speer: “I was looking at Hebra Peak recently. The hole in the middle looks like it might have been blasted out by the sort of laser cannon that the Divine Beasts use. None of them could hit it quite right from their current positions, so I thought it might be an errant shot from the battle 10,000 years ago, which thus may not have been as clean as it sounds in the legends. But maybe it was actually the attack that destroyed the Ancient Sheikah. ” this is canon and confirmed in M…

• The Big Theory Q&A

So theory time, would it be a leap in logic to assume that the Zonai worshiped Faron and existed before OOT but after SS? Creating a Champion mentions that they worshiped a water dragon and that the area around the spring of courage was their home base and both "water dragon" and "spring of courage" are concepts and things that have a connection to Faron. As for why they'd have to exist before OOT...I guess you could say they don't but we don't see Faron after SS and in fact we never see Lake Fl…

• @PJCLink Revisiting the "Hero of Light" could be cool, and a good solution to a gender option, but I fail to see how they'd work that into the lore or world of Zelda since they're leaning heavily into the idea of Link (canonically that's his name) and Zelda consistently being the two to save Hyrule. Though I think it'd be cool to say the least and again would actually allow for a female protagonist without messing with Link.