Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • I remember ZU when...

Sailboat - - General Chit-Chat

Well this certainly is a trip down memory lane. My fondest memory of this site had to be Hyrule Land Wars, a strategy game where we would take the map from OoT, each player picked a temple, and we fought imaginary wars with the monsters from each temple. I loved it, it was like D&D but with massive armies instead of a single character. I remember when this site had a battle arena where people's original characters that were totally not stolen from anime would fight each other. I really wanted to…

• Is there any way for me to switch to the vastly superior old school layout?

• ATTRACTIVE PEOPLE THREAD

patrick-stewart.jpg

• fuckin Samurai takemitsu_samurai.jpg there is nothing cooler or more Japanese than the Samurai

• What's your dream car?

Delorean_DMC_12.jpg I mean come on

• In the books, there are several distinctive pieces of equipment (and a lack thereof) that set them apart as "Unsullied". Among these are bronze shields, spears, and most distinctively, a bronze helmet topped with a large spike. Since the soldiers in the above pictures fit the description in the books to a T, I'm quite sure they're supposed to be Unsullied. Quote from Florina Snow: “Oh as for that image, maybe the Unsullied hanging out in Pentos have different gear? /shrug. An Other did it. ” My …

• It's so you know who's who when they're fighting, but it just gets on my nerves as someone who loves medieval combat. I mean, he's wearing it in the cut before the fight, but takes it off before he starts fighting. Doesn't make any sense. It was the same with The Hound in the Blackwater episode. No trained fighter would go into battle without a helmet on, but the show felt the need to not have the helmet so we knew it was good ol' Sandor (despite the fact that he has a unique hound helmet that p…

• So I just re-watched S01E01 and I noticed something... 2w4mzw9.png Whoa! Check it out! Unsulled! and they look how they're actually supposed to look! Here's another shot of the dovageris: (Hidden Content) So if these are Unsullied, what were those soldiers that Danerys bought? And why is Grey Worm a skinny and physically un-intimidating Barack Obama lookalike that doesn't wear his helmet?

• been busy lately :/

• in either case would you not agree that enough needles to paralyze a human wouldn't do nearly as much against a creature five times its mass?

• 1) enough tranquilizer to paralyze a human is nowhere near enough to paralyze a horse 2) padding

• yes don't assume it won't be up later though ;) ---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ---------- also this is pretty much what my cataphracts look like: ca47dfb40b72.jpg tell me where the needles get through (i assume you agree with me per your lack of reply but i'm proving a point here)

• Sorry guys, I've had family in town the day I decided to declare an attack. Poor planning on my part. Rest assured it will be up by tuesday

• Quote from Sólsetur: “Unable to move for thirty seconds. The nerves in their body are stunned. And they wouldn't pierce armor, no, but they would be able to get around it. The needles are small enough to go through cracks in plate, through chainmail, and a soldier's face is likely uncovered. Hundreds of needles going towards that one person would find some way to hit him, regardless of armor lol. And I'd ay 80% chance to stun. Fine with the no kill though.” By the way, plate armor doesn't have a…

• yeah, whatever

• You said paralyzed. I assumed that meant unable to move. You never mentioned any time frame in your description, so I didn't know it was just 30 seconds. And yeah, until those friends get stunned by the next batch of needles But OK. I'm fine with these on two conditions 1) they do not pierce armor 2) they have a 70% chance to stun and 0% chance to kill

• Congrats ZL Sol, 5 tries at a 90% chance of incapacitation is OP. Let me know what you think of this setup: Against an unarmored foe: 100% chance to stun, 50% chance to kill Against a foe wearing standard armor: 60% chance to daze for two minutes, 40% chance to stun Against a heavily armored foe: 20% chance to daze "stun" implies complete incapacitation for 20 minutes after 2 minutes of being dazed.

• mmmk so how many times can one man use this in combat?

• Ah, the way you have it described it seems to imply that they spread out in all directions. And can you specify what "stunning" actually means? Because that can range from being dazed for 2 seconds to being knocked unconscious

• OK. And just FYI this needle thing is pretty OP too. ---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ---------- OK. And just FYI this needle thing is pretty OP too. Unless units were susceptible to friendly fire, that is.

• Still overpowered.

• That doesn't make much sense to me, since MANTRA abilities usually have to do with physical alteration of the body. Please don't make this Magitek 2.0 where it basically means "I can make anything I want, laws of logic be damned"

• Oh yeah and another thing-- Diamond Skin is DEFINITELY overpowered. Again, I'm not exactly sure how long these mantra abilities are supposed to last, but complete invulnerability to everything that lasts anywhere longer than 60 seconds is overpowered. Not trying to make my attack easier. Just calling out some BS

• Question for Sol here: How are stun needles supposed to work, if your units have armor on?

• how does the fact that it's mithril make it harder to pierce it's still made of rings, it should still be easily pierced by, well, anything that pierces. Except maybe melee weapons. But bodkin arrows and musket balls should go through it just the same ---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ---------- lol i read "grey men" as "gay men" hehe ---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ---------- Also Making an attack on Kol Gaines …

• Kingdom: Setanus Populusque Etonus (S.P.Q.E.) Week: 42 Capital: Etonum Territories: Thermopolis, Atlantis Alliances: -Kingdom of No Fucks -Coronaria -Tear Troops: 2400 Principes 2900 Skirmishers 2600 Cataphracts 1600 Eagles 500 Raken 200 Magma Dragons Kirby Total: 10,100 [eSPOILER=Troop Descriptions]Principes: Infantry unit. Equipped with chainmail armor, a scutum (Roman shield), a spear, a gladius (Roman short sword sword) and pila. Musketeers: Light infantry. Unarmored, but much faster than Pr…

• Kingdom: Setanus Populusque Etonus (S.P.Q.E.) Week: 40 Capital: Etonum Territories: Thermopolis, Atlantis Alliances: -Kingdom of No Fucks -Coronaria -Tear Troops: 2200 Principes 2700 Skirmishers 2400 Equites 1400 Eagles 500 Raken 200 Magma Dragons Kirby Total: 9300 [eSPOILER=Troop Descriptions]Principes: Infantry unit. Equipped with chainmail armor, a scutum (Roman shield), a spear, a gladius (Roman short sword sword) and pila. Musketeers: Light infantry. Unarmored, but much faster than Principe…

• Yeah, I feel like in the show that battle barely even happened. They didn't make it very clear that (Hidden Content)

• Quote from Kol Gaines: “It does state right in his skills that I can revive him.” Again, that's dumb but whatever. If it were up to me I'd have it a rule that once your hero dies, you can't recruit him again. ---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ---------- [/COLOR]Kingdom: Setanus Populusque Etonus (S.P.Q.E.) Week: 38 Capital: Etonum Territories: Thermopolis, Atlantis Alliances: -Kingdom of No Fucks -Coronaria -Tear Troops: 2100 Principes 2700 Skirmishers 18…

• That would make sense if you weren't using it to describe units in a military :/

• that's dumb but whatever

• You still have YHVH listed in your troops but he died

• Scouts/Tanks/Mages/Footsoldiers works lol However, your nicknames seem fine to me except "vanguards". A vanguard in an army is a group of troops that marches ahead of or at the front of the rest of the formation. So that's a name that doesn't make that much sense to me. Other than that there are no problems

• you have to research cotton cultivation and before you do that ---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ---------- Kingdom: Setanus Populusque Etonus (S.P.Q.E.) Day: 36 Capital: Etonum Territories: Thermopolis, Atlantis Alliances: -Kingdom of No Fucks -Coronaria -Tear Troops: 1900 Principes 2700 Skirmishers 1400 Equites 1200 Eagles 500 Raken 200 Magma Dragons Kirby Total: 7900 [eSPOILER=Troop Descriptions]Principes: Infantry unit. Equipped with chainmail armor, …

• random speculation time (ASoS) (Hidden Content) What do you think?

• I thought the hardest chapters to read (as far as I got anyway, I have only read the first three books) were the ones where Sam and the watch are coming back from the Fist. (Hidden Content) It was just so very bleak. Reading those chapters literally felt as grudging as Sam's trek through the snow. I loved it.

• Kingdom: Setanus Populusque Etonus (S.P.Q.E.) Day: 32 Capital: Etonum Territories: Thermopolis Alliances: -Kingdom of No Fucks -Coronaria -Tear Troops: 1600 Principes 2000 Skirmishers 1400 Equites 1000 Eagles 500 Raken 200 Magma Dragons Kirby Total: 6700 [eSPOILER=Troop Descriptions]Principes: Infantry unit. Equipped with chainmail armor, a scutum (Roman shield), a spear, a gladius (Roman short sword sword) and pila. Musketeers: Light infantry. Unarmored, but much faster than Principes. Carry mu…

• I haven't yet, but both sides of the spectrum are attractive to me, in different ways.

• yes, what day is it?

• The Force Awakens

Sailboat - - Entertainment

Quote from Soli: “Holy fuck those look good. Where did you hear that about the art style? Anyway, from the looks of things this looks more suitable for a 2D animated show than a 3D one. If I'm wrong then it's going to look a little uncanny valley unless they stylize the human characters enough. Also, if they do go with traditional/RETAS rendered animation then I hope that they produce it at home. While it would be cheaper to outsource it to South Korea (who would do a fine job, even an amazing o…