Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • I remember ZU when...

Pietro - - General Chit-Chat

Crosses out idea to bring back post count based mod and admin status... *cries*

• Quote: “( @Pietro I think we're supposed to be voting for DQ XI, not IX, yeah?) ” Correct, my bad

• paleofuture.gizmodo.com/fox-ne…erican-nazi-ra-1832616819 Fox news has banned an ad for one of the Oscar nominated short film which made up mostly of footage of the Nazi rally which took place almost exactly 80 years ago in Madison Square Garden, which about 20,000 Americans attended. And it is the left who are "snowflakes", the right wing melts at footage of the alt-right's ideological ancestors.

• Voting for Round 3 in the ZU GOTY tournament is still live. ZU's Game of the Year 2018: ROUND 3 is live, we're getting down to it now! and will end Tuesday morning so get your votes in! Voting in the side categories is also still open ZU's GotY: the side categories voting thread Get your votes in and make sure your favorites don't lose

• Monster Hunter World God of War Pillars of Eternity II Dead Cells Red Dead Redemption 2 Super Smash Bros Ultimate Assassin's Creed Odyssey Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

• Round 3 Monster Hunter World vs The Messenger Octopath Traveler vs God of War Pillars of Eternity II vs Ni No Kuni 2 Dead Cells vs Spider-Man Graveyard Keeper vs Red Dead Redemption 2 Dragon Quest XI vs Super Smash Bros Ultimate Celeste vs Assassin's Creed Odyssey Yakuza 6: The Song of Life vs Valkyria Chronicles 4 I'll keep this open until the end of next Tuesday Morning.

• Round 2 results Monster Hunter World (5) vs Sea of Thieves (1) The Messenger (3) vs Pokemon Lets Go (3) Mario Tennis Aces (2) vs Dragon Quest XI (4) Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (5) vs The Forest (1) Guacamelee 2 (0) vs Assassin's Creed Odyssey (6) Darksiders 3 (1) vs Red Dead Redemption 2 (5) Ni No Kuni 2 (4) vs Wizard of Legend (1) Towards the Pantheon (1) vs Graveyard Keeper (4) Valkyria Chronicles 4 (3) vs Rust (1) Dead Cells (3) vs Shadow of the Tomb Raider(2) God of War (6) vs The Banner Sag…

• I personally love what I'm seeing visually, I find the clay art style different and appealing in comparison to the rut Nintendo seems to be in sometimes when it comes to visuals (not really for the bigger games like Mario Odyssey and BotW, but a lot of the smaller less anticipated titles which sometimes blend together in my mind rather than creating an image that sticks to me.) They tried something different and it landed perfectly for me, loved the art style from the first second and I can't wa…

• The Nintendo Switch

Pietro - - General Gaming

Here are my thoughts on some of what was discussed now that I'm a Switch owner and have some stake in this stuff. Mostly the stuff I'm interested in because there was other stuff that just isn't for me and that's fine, I don't buy everything and everything doesn't have to be for me. Super Mario Maker 2- Very excited, I didn't have a WiiU so I never played the original, but I was always intrigued by it. I've been waiting for this announcement and can't wait to start making levels. Tetris 99- I kn…

• ZU's Game of the Year 2018: ROUND 2 is live Today is the last day to vote for round 2! Get your votes in.

• Today is the last day to get your votes in for round 2.

• 38 cms of snow so far last night/today and its still snowing, could be another 10cm...

• Best Supported Old Game: Civilization VI Most anticipated 2019 game: Animal Crossing Switch Game with most surprising moments: God of War Please stop (industry trends that need to stop): Everything becoming Battle Royale Best game that came out of nowhere: Darksiders 3 Best Worst executed idea: Fallout 76 Best Gaming Related Meme: Waluigi being disrespected by Nintendo Game everyone thought would fail but didn't: Megaman 11 Biggest communications fail: Diablo Immortal "Do you not have phones" Th…

• bans @GuardianFIN

• Your game looks pretty sweet, can't wait to see the finished product!

• A couple of months ago I asked for nominations for ZU GotY side awards, I was hoping to have the awards running side by side and finishing in January but I admittedly botched that. Partially because of health, but its ultimately my bad. I still hope that you'll vote for these side awards, voting will end on these the second that the voting for the main awards are finished. So here are your nominees: Best Supported Old Game: Civilization VI Rainbow Six :Siege Kirby Planet Robobots Skyrim Half-lif…

• All 3 of those games are excellent.

• I'm glad there are so many candidates coming out for the Democratic nomination. I don't want a coronation let the best candidate win. More candidates means more media conversation and more free media attention, like what the Republicans and Trump got last election. Many of the current nominees will be quick drop outs as usual once the initial polls and especially the first couple of primary states vote. The field will be whittled down and we'll have the real primary candidates. People like Delan…

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

I haven't played any of the Remake but have watched some streams. I will say that RE2 X gonna give it to ya, will probably be my favorite gaming meme of 2019.

• Someone in my retro gaming group was selling a Manchester United Gameboy DMG for 220$ and I considered buying it seriously... I'm such a fucking nerd XD

• The purpose of the senate initially wasn't stability, it was to not give the American people too much power and have the representatives of one legislative chamber be decided entirely by the elites from each state. Which is why before the 17th amendment senators were appointed by state legislatures and not voted in through elections.

• Depends what you consider "fighting dirty" tbh. Do I want the Democrats to break any laws? No. But I do want the Democrats to start playing by the same rules as the Republicans. What does that mean exactly? Take the example of the Republicans' use of the filibuster during Obama's presidency, Mitch McConnell broke records with his use of the filibuster. In doing so he didn't break any laws, but he did break precedent, I want the Democrats to break that precedent as well and make frequent use of t…

• What are you buying?

Pietro - - General Chit-Chat

handheldlegend.com/collections…-backlight-dmg-and-pocket Right now I'm deciding which color backlight I want to buy for one of my Gameboy Pockets which I will be modding. My initial reflex was white because it just looks cleaner and more natural, but the red and orange colors have also tempted me so I'm not sure which direction I will be going. I'll also buy a glass replacement screen because the console I'm modding is a bit scratched up.

• Monster Hunter World has retaken my attention because of the Appreciation festival event quests as well as the new Witcher crossover event that just launched. Didn't understand the appeal of Monster Hunter initially, but once you get through the steep learning curve and learn the things that the game teaches poorly, its very addictive.

• Turn based strategy games, give me some Civilization and some XCom and I'll just lap that stuff up. Been enjoying it since I was a kid playing Civilization 2 until the late hours into the morning and I still enjoy it today. Already bought the new Civ Vi expansion.

• handheldlegend.com/collections…-backlight-dmg-and-pocket For years I've been looking at these screen mods, visiting this site occasionally to gawk at the DMG and Pocket screen mods specifically and I'm going to take the plunge and try my first ever console mod. Will it be a complete disaster breaking a defenseless console for no reason or will I manage to create something cool for my Gameboy Pocket we'll see.

• On the customer relations front Microsoft has built up a hell of a lot of good will from their customers since the failed XBox One reveal and launch and I really can't think of any missteps since then. All that they're missing is a handful of exclusives which they seem to be willing to open their wallet for. They've also given the people what they're asking for. - People wanted the XBox One to measure up to the PS4 specs wise, Microsoft gave us the One X which is clearly the strongest console. -…

• During the game and immediately following the game the commentators were pushing the narrative to the audience that they shouldn't believe their lying eyes. No, the Superbowl didn't suck! It was a defensive/ coaching masterpiece and implicitly if you disagree you don't understand real football... No... just no. This game was not a defensive masterpiece, it was a show of ineptitude by 2 offenses. Bill Belichick coached an excellent game, but Sean McVay choked. You want to see a defensive masterpi…

• Monster Hunter World The Messenger Dragon Quest XI Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Assassin's Creed Odyssey Red Dead Redemption 2 Wizard of Legend Towards the Pantheon Valkyria Chronicles 4 Dead Cells God of War Spider-Man Celeste Pillars of Eternity II We Happy Few Super Smash Bros Ultimate

• Today is Mewtwo's birthday, anyone who doesn't wish Mewtwo a happy birthday will be banned. (Hidden Content)

• ROUND 2 Monster Hunter World vs Sea of Thieves The Messenger vs Pokemon Lets Go Mario Tennis Aces vs Dragon Quest XI Yakuza 6: The Song of Life vs The Forest Guacamelee 2 vs Assassin's Creed Odyssey Darksiders 3 vs Red Dead Redemption 2 Ni No Kuni 2 vs Wizard of Legend Towards the Pantheon vs Graveyard Keeper Valkyria Chronicles 4 vs Rust Dead Cells vs Shadow of the Tomb Raider God of War vs The Banner Saga 3 Spider-Man vs Vampyr Celeste vs Dragon Ball FighterZ Pillars of Eternity II vs Moonligh…

• Round 1 results Group 1: Pokemon Lets Go (6) vs Subnautica (3) Dragon Ball FighterZ (7) vs 428: Shibuya Scramble(1) Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire (7) vs. 11-11 Memories Retold (1) Octopath Traveler (8) vs Overcooked 2 (1) Far Cry 5 (4) vs. Moonlighter (5) Group 2: Iconoclasts (3) vs The Forest (4) Darksiders 2 (5) vs Death's Gambit(2) Guacamelee 2 (6)vs Fallout 76(1) Wizard of Legend(4) vs Frostpunk(3) BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle(3) vs Rust(4) Group 3: Hitman 2 (3) vs Graveyard Keeper (3) The A…

• I allowed for more time in the last round so that it could be promoted on the ZU Podcast, but the voting in round 1 has now closed, I will post the results and begin the 2nd round shortly.

• Quote from Aquamentus: “In regards to the Virginia Governor, I'm very conflicted by it. I was actually just watching Michael Che's Instagram Story the other night from @chethinks (I highly recommend following him, he provides some interesting insight in some current matters. If you don't know who he is, he is the Black Cast member on Weekend Update on SNL and is also the head writer along side Colin Jost) and he was contemplating about the whole situation. He replies to many people who DM him on…

• Repost from the switch thread because this is more general gaming news This is pretty damn interesting. XBox Live is coming to Switch. arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/02…ng-to-switch-ios-android/ I'm loving the cooperation between platforms and that the console wars are dying. Can't wait for more Nintendo, Microsoft, PC cross platform play games. Moving an online gaming system cross platform is a very innovative and interesting idea. It'll be fun to see how this turns out. This is part of what I lov…

• The Nintendo Switch

This is pretty damn interesting. XBox Live is coming to Switch. arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/02…ng-to-switch-ios-android/ I'm loving the cooperation between platforms and that the console wars as dying. Can't wait for more Nintendo, Microsoft, PC cross platform play games. Moving an online gaming system cross platform is a very innovative and interesting idea. It'll be fun to see how this turns out. This is part of what I love about Microsoft, they don't care about "the way things are".

• Quote from Lucretia: “the apologised privately, the cherokee want a public apology and it's far from one mistake, she has throughout her career as an academic used her "indigeneity" to profit. She has a loooong history of this, qhilat also doing nothing for the tribe ” After reading your post, I remembered an Intercept article I read months ago, I think I also posted about it. theintercept.com/2018/10/16/el…-native-american-harvard/ While she never used her ancestry to get into a school or get a…

• npr.org/2019/02/01/690806434/w…rokee-nation-for-dna-test Glad she apologized, that whole response to Trump's mockery wasn't only offensive, it also made her look like a weak moron. One mistake doesn't invalidate a person's life work though and I still think she'd be an excellent Democratic candidate, among the top contenders.

• Yesterday night the Wii shopping channel was finally put to rest, some people may remember it for being Nintendo's first attempt to make their back catalogue available in earnest. But I will always remember it for the Wii Shopping channel song and specifically for the extra content scene from the Nirvana the Band the Show web series. youtube.com/watch?v=B_qnI1WrlnU It will always be Update Day in my heart.