Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 911.
  • Who's That Pokemon!

Violetlight - - Forum Games

Slobro? *shrugs* I know that wouldn't be possible in-game, but it definitely sounds like a Pokedex entry.

• In a way, the Sages could be considered that "heroic group", especially in OoT. Sure, Link is the player character, but he wouldn't have even been able to reach Ganondorf without the Sages' power. But yeah, the same old hero (yeah, they're different Links, but they're still Link) every time gets a little tedious after 30+ years of Zelda games. Why not let the series' namesake actually do something besides get captured for once? Or let the players create their own player character, any race you w…

• The last post was from 8 months ago, so it's time for this zombie thread to be headshotted.

• I think it looks adorable, and it's a game that could definitely need a remaster. The original/DX are still awesome IMO, but this is a great way to introduce one of the best stories in Zelda history to a new generation who probably aren't as nostalgic for Gameboy graphics. I hope they add in some new content, but even if they don't it will still be an enjoyable game. Looking forward to it!

• Regarding that stone on Mt. Hylia being King Rhoan's grave: Who the heck would bury him all the way up there, in the middle of nowhere? Even ghosts don't dig their own graves. I'm betting that logical inconsistency is the reason why the devs decided to not really mention it outside of game files.

• Don't worry @Guinea, there's no rule saying you must absolutely love every game in the series to be a "true fan". I never got much farther than the first dungeon either. Personally, I could never get into Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks. Moving Link with the stylus ... No. Just no.

• Hyrule Conquest

Violetlight - - Creative Corner

Loved the little snuggle between Link and Saria (my OTP) ❤

• Quote from EzloSpirit: “Two weeks remain! I've still only received the one entry... ” With writers, if it weren't for the last minutes nothing would get done. Expect a flood the night before

• I'd personally prefer going back to the old system, finding random Pieces of Heart (and perhaps Stamina Vessels now) around the world as rewards for quests, exploring, and puzzles. Knowing what was waiting at the end of every shrine just made them that much more boring, IMO. Even the original LoZ would vary things by changing the colour palate in each dungeon!

• @Ruki Does Cassandra have any divine heritage? From my understanding, the only way to defy the fates in Greek Mythology is to be a god, or have at least one god on your side. Considering Cassandra already pissed off Apollo, I doubt another god would step in to help her unless they actively wanted to piss off Apollo too (which is certainly a possibility in the Olympian Soap Opera). If you're just mortal, like Oedipus, you're pretty much screwed.

• Zelda Headcanons

Violetlight - - Theorizing

Quote from Nonoctoro: “A Goron is sexeless but all are considered Males, they reproduce without a partner by splitting a rock of their back fall and take the form of a new Goron. ” My own Goron reproduction headcanon is practically the same, with baby Gorons "budding" off the backs of their fathers. Great minds think alike Quote from Nonotoro: “Fire Dragons are the natural predators of Gorons, explaining why they hate them so much. ” Are Gorons in turn the natural predators of Stone Taluses?

• Leviathan bone theory, maybe.

Hi @Kenzie Cobb, welcome to ZU! Just a heads up, we generally don't post in threads 6 months old or older. I'm going to lock this one, but you're free to make a new thread on the same topic if you want. I'd also like to direct you to Newbie Central so you can get to know our Forum better

• Zelda Headcanons

I kind of prefer using the term "Zola" for monstrous/"river" zora, and just Zora for the friendly Zora. Both could be considered in-universe as forms of an ancient Hylian term for "fish-people". it's probable that they call themselves (and each other) something completely different in their own languages. If it weren't for the monkey wrench of Queen Oren being a Sage, that implies she's a descendant of Ruto, I'd think they were two completely different species.

• I have an old half-finished story of mine that just so happens to fit the theme. Fingers crossed I get it completed before the deadline!

• The causes of the Era of Chaos

Quote from Nonoctoro: “I think the Zuna were just slaves, pyramids were usually build by Slaves. ” Actually, the Great Pyramids of Egypt in our world were not built by slaves, but rather by workers recruited from families all across Egypt, who were honoured by being buried in tombs right by their life's work when they died. Slaves would not have been treated that way. It was some Greek guy thousands of years later who said they were built by slaves, probably because he couldn't think of any bett…

• My husband just downloaded Super Mario 64 onto our Wii U (yes, we still play our Wii U, and yes, its online shop is still open!) I've never actually played that one before, so it's interesting to see, especially since i'm more used to the 2D Mario games. Our 3 year old son absolutely loves Mario's "woohoos" and other sound effects. It's so cute!

• Mod Note: Want to take the Triforce conversation to a different thread please? I can move the posts here there if someone wants to start it.

• @Colu try Labyrinth. Its story is better than the Dark Crystal's, and David Bowie makes it anything but boring. Not sure if it's on Netflix though. I'm looking forward to the Dark Crystal series myself, provided it's not another Henson production that never sees the light of day.

• Maybe he's referring to how the Gorons at the Southern Mine hum OoT's Kakariko Village theme during the day? That's an easy song to miss if you don't know what you're looking for.

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from Kokiri Kid: “They have scales so I guess they're reptiles? ” Pangolin_brought_to_the_Range_office_KMTR_AJTJ.jpeg This cute little anteater crossed with a pine cone is a Pangolin, a mammal with scales. And the poor things are hunted for them too. Seriously, I think the BotW Dragons are magical, elemental beings that defy any proper biological classification.

• I have to agree with @'Max N' 's point back from Page 2 about how Calamity Ganon probably would have worked better as a Force of Nature, kind of like what World of Warcraft did with Deathwing in Cataclysm, before that expansion's final patch, how he'd just show up randomly and nuke a zone, and there was absolutely nothing you, as a player, could do about it (except earn the Stood in the Fire achievement). Have the Ganon Storm show up every so often instead of the Blood Moon -- have it rez monste…

• Might be a good idea to extend the voting peroid on this month's writing contest. With the holidays, maybe people just haven't had the chance to read yet.

• When an acronym used at work is "TP" and you keep reading it as Twilight Princess

• Blue Planet II is finally on Netflix, and it's just as amazing as David Attenborough's other series! I love watching his series with my little boy, just like how my grandfather used to watch nature shows with me when I was little. Arden especially likes the baby dolphins and whales, and snuggled up with me to watch. So cute!

• I know it will probably never happen, but I would love to see Taro Yoko and his Drakengard/NiEr team's take on a Zelda game. Something along the lines of MM or TP, but with Taro's signature dark take. The first NiEr game already borrows a lot of design and gameplay elements from TP (like shadowy enemies, the ability to ride a boar, its overall action RPG feel, even a floating companion character) and one of its dungeons even directly references the Zelda series, complete with their take on the "…

• Moving this to the Zelda Theory section.

• @'GregariousTree' You could still have your "fairy tale" with the Hyrule Compendium giving more information. Like I said, that element could have been totally skippable for those who didn't care, but be there for those who did. There was nothing preventing Nintendo from implementing a more detailed version of the compendium than their own narrative laziness. Besides, how many fairy tales have tablet computers as a main feature anyway? And maybe a bonfire happy party might not have been an approp…

• I did enjoy the story, and the world of BotW is one of the most fun to explore of any Zelda game. My main criticism is with how little detail there is, and how Nintendo seemed to use the open-world gameplay as an excuse, when there was little reason for it to be that way. @EzloSpirit mentioned the Metroid Prime games as allowing you to learn about the world through scanning objects, something that meshed well with the open world adventuring, that was skippable for those who didn't care, but was …

• Colors Of the Triforce

Violetlight - - General Zelda

Zelda Cartoon: Triforce of Wisdom Z Kind of a greeny-bluish colour Triforce of Power cast_power.jpg Red. Except for they being weird tetrahedron-thingies instead of actual flatish triangular prisms like in the games, not too much different from the colour schemes that would be used later on. The cartoons were made pre ALttP. ALttP pendants: Wisdom: Legend%2Bof%2BZelda%252C%2BThe%2B-%2BA%2BLink%2Bto%2Bthe%2BPast%2B%2528U%2529%2B%255B%2521%255D012.png Red Courage: ALttP016.png Green Power: maxresd…

• When you're running the Slave Pens dungeon in a World of Warcraft Timewalking event (when older dungeons are made level-appropriate, for the non-WoW players out there), and you're dungeon buddy complains there's no way up the giant waterfall in the middle of the place, and you say "yeah, sucks there's no Zora Armour in this game", invoking a few "ikr?" from your groupmates. And whenever you're in the overworld, come to a cliff face and immediately try to climb it before remembering "crap, wrong …

• Quote from gamtos: “Your argument hinges on Link and Zelda having a falling-out, despite Link's entire character and past revolving around serving the Royal Family. Even then he'd have to keep the Sheikah Slate despite it being rightfully Zelda's. Even then, Zelda wouldn't be believed despite massive lasers shooting the castle from all corners of the land and the absolutely titanic Dark Beast Ganon being slain in an open meadow where she appeared in a blaze of golden light? ” Who exactly would h…

• Hyrule Conquest

Violetlight - - Creative Corner

It's amazing to see Mipha and Ruto together, and I don't care how "impossible" that might be in canon!

• Subbing. I love these randomizer runs! I forget, did you randomize the Skulltula tokens as well? Can't believe you got the Hookshot in the second box! You lucky bugger! Just a warning, there will be plenty of Blupees in your future.

• One thing I a lot of people are forgetting: Does this incarnation of Zelda want to be a Princess, now that she doesn't have to? I was a little vague in my answer before, but basically I'm writing a fan fic (and yes, I'm technically still writing it, slowly but surely), where Zelda and Link have a falling out after the ending cutscene. So Link would not be accompanying Zelda, neither in her visits to Kakariko and Hateno, nor in her later travels through Hyrule. A lot of other posters have stated …

• Looks like a kind of cool, if unpolished, fan remake. A word of advice, @'Typho20', you might want to add in some player commentary, and not skip through dialogue so quickly. Not many people want to just watch someone else playing, especially with a ... unique game like this.

• Click the link in my signature to see my take on what happens after BotW

• I know it probably won't happen, but I'd love to see a Pokemon Conquest II. It was one of the better Pokemon spin offs, and I'd love to see a sequel. Super Mario RPG 2 also goes without saying, and with Nintendo and Square Enix playing nice lately, it's not as completely impossible as it used to be. I'd also like to see a Super Princess Peach 2. The first was actually a really fun little platformer, and it's awesome whenever I get to see Peach as a playable character. Maybe in a sequel they coul…

• Quote from Castigear: “That’s a good point about the 100 years bit. it sort of feels like if you were to play only the second half of final fantasy vi. ” This is perhaps the perfect description of BotW. Imagine Final Fantasy VI without the World of Balance. No ghost train ride, no quest to discover Terra's family line, no fall of Doma, no Opera house scene, heck, no "son of a submariner!" pretty much none of the moments that made you care about its world, care about its characters. The whole the…

• Going to lock up this thread, since the last post before the immediate previous was 10 months ago. *Pushes ReDead thread back down into the grave where it belongs*