Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake

KeeSomething - - General Gaming

So many Mr. X gifs! I think the internet will implode once we enviably get a remake of RE3: Nemesis. I'm still trying to get S+ ranks of the 2nd Scenarios on Hardcore. I can say with much certainly that the second scenarios suck, and add nothing to the narrative or replay value. If Capcom wasn't going to handle the scenarios like the classic RE2, they should have just made 2 complete campaigns. The only thing you get out of playing 2nd Scenario is the true ending, which could have easily been ad…

• I don't understand to see why people are surprised the art style is getting hate for two reasons: A) This is the Zelda fanbase. B) It's a drastic change from the art style portrayed in the official art of the original. When most people pictured a remake, myself included, they were most likely hoping for that. It doesn't help that the trailer intro uses the the more desirable art style. @Please Understand I'm still expecting a remake of OoT someday that massively overhauls the world and acts more…

• That anime intro is a total cocktease and misdirection. It did not prepare me for the ALBW/Yoshi looking aesthetics. Looks fine, but as someone who doesn't own a Switch (and has abolustely no interest in it), this kind of just looks like yet another cutesy Nintendo game in a sea of similar looking cutesy Nintendo games. I expected to have a bigger reaction since LA is one of my all time favorite games, and my favorite 2D Zelda, but I'm pretty indifferent.

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

I platinumed RE2make a couple days ago, but I still haven't completed Hardcore with an S+. I'm just about to enter the lab with 2 saves... Jesus. This mode has fucked me so hard so many times, but I need to get the minigun and rocket launcher.

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

To me, removing the zapping system and making all 4 scenarios more or less the same thing with plots that completely retcon each other is a big hit to this remake. It was such a major feature in the original, and the most obvious place to improve upon. I'd compare it to remaking Ocarina of Time, and instead of improving on the time travel mechanic, just removing it. Maybe I'm overselling the zapping/4 scenarios system in the original RE2, but I'm curious what you guys think of the 4 scenarios be…

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

Anyone else extremely disappointed by how the scenarios were handled in this remake? The four scenarios are completely pointless here since it there is no zapping system. On top of that, the A/B scenarios do not even come together to create the full story. Instead, it's more like RE1 where both plots contradict each other, and there is no complete, canon story. The scenarios/zapping system seemed to be the most obvious area to improve on the original RE2, but the remake completely fails here. It…

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

Quote from Nortrom: “Quote from KeeSomething: “Quote from Nortrom: “Finished my first runthrough with Leon a few days ago, I'm gonna get to work on the other scenarios but I haven't had the time. The game is top notch, will probably be my main game for the first half of 2019. But man, the dialogue and writing in general in this game is ATROCIOUS. I get it, the series is known for it's B-action movie style characters and dialogue, but it feels so out-of-place when you consider the rest of the gam…

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

Quote from Nortrom: “Finished my first runthrough with Leon a few days ago, I'm gonna get to work on the other scenarios but I haven't had the time. The game is top notch, will probably be my main game for the first half of 2019. But man, the dialogue and writing in general in this game is ATROCIOUS. I get it, the series is known for it's B-action movie style characters and dialogue, but it feels so out-of-place when you consider the rest of the game screams SSS quality. Like the dialogue betwee…

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

After my 6th playthrough, I'm still loving the game, but some of the cracks are starting to show. I love this interpretation of Leon and Claire, but there is a lot of interaction between them that is missing from the original game. The endings of both Re2make campaigns feel empty when compared to the original, and I was trying to figure out why. Now I know. It's partly the lack of enemy variety (could have used at least one more new type of enemy, like giant moths or Super lickers, ala the OG ga…

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

I still haven't even played (Hidden Content). I need to get up on that once I finish both scenarios for Leon and Claire.

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

I'm now playing Leon 2nd Scenario after completing Leon 1st and Claire 2nd. There is so much to be said, but overall, I think this is the best RE game since RE4. It doesn't replace the original RE2, and I like that. It sits right beside it. I thought I'd be more annoyed by the lack of enemy variety (especially when compared to the original RE2), and while that still is a little disappointing, Capcom did a fantastic job reworking old baddies. I mean, Mr. X is no fucking joke. The zombies require …

• Here's a Goosebumps/"Are You Afraid of the Dark?" parody I made with some friends. I had fun playing the main bully if you're interested in seeing my amazing acting chops. Quote: “youtube.com/watch?v=nUt6KHwfDYk ”

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

Made in Heaven Quote: “GXvXQXuea-S2SSG0MV0w_SHRaqdDhnUJikEh16xFAkY.jpg”

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

Quote from FroyoDragon: “It's called the N64 version :') ” The N64 version doesn't have this ending theme; therefore, it cannot be the best version. Also, more RE2make news! It's gonna be at San Diego Comic-Con on July 20th. Apparently, we are gonna see more Claire. comic-con.org/cci/programming-schedule

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

I'm playing through the Not a Hero DLC for RE7 for the first time, and I'm warming up to this Chris. I just think it's odd that they keep him being this powerhouse that punches molded monsters' heads off, but didn't keep his buff design. Regardless, playing more of RE7, even though I'm not a fan of it, does make me excited to be a fan of the series. I can't think of another gaming franchise that changes up the formula as much as RE. Knowing that RE2make is on the horizon fills me with hope. I'm …

• Quote from Ty.: “I’m surprised you didn’t like REV 2. I quite enjoyed it. Haha ” Yeah, while I was playing it as the episodes were first releasing, I really enjoyed it. But going back and playing it all at once over the last couple of days was a pretty miserable experience. It's probably the worst paced game in the series because of its episodic nature. I also can't think of any "high points" in the game. Everything is pretty... dull at best, and shit at its less than best. It's a very stripped …

• I've been playing through the Resident Evil games (I pretty much play REmake, RE2 and RE4 on loop). Recently completed Code Veronica, and absolutely hated it. I replayed Revelations 2, and it's fucking shit. On the flip side, I have a new found appreciation for RE5, RE6, and RE7. I mean, I know, all three titles are drastically different and they have their fans and haters, but they are well designed games in completely different ways. I will always prefer the original RE trilogy games (and REma…

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

I really like the menu system in this game. One of my favorite parts of RE7 was just how snappy and satisfying the menus were. And, for as much as I bitch and moan about RE7, I appreciate the RE Engine. RE7 feels like it was a kind of tech demo to test out the RE Engine, and RE2make (and possibly DMC5) are better because of this. BTW, here is a comparison of the first floor of the RPD in both version of RE2. Dfw7bU9XUAA4zLY.jpg:large

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

Here is probably the best RE2make demo run that I've seen. The guy experiments a lot by going outside, knifing enemies, shooting off limbs, and taking damage. I cannot believe how great this game looks! Leon actually gets wet from the rain, and stays wet once he comes back into the police station. youtube.com/watch?time_continue=203&v=rpHC2736kNs

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

Quote from Mercedes: “I like the new Mr X. He looks more like something's off, that he definitely isn't human, but actually trying to blend in with that wicked cool fedora that always looks good on anyone. the bit where he breaks through the wall twice in the original made me quit the game for a bit because it shook me up. Smashed through wall, i paused, calmed down, unpause, SMASH AGAIN, and i was like... yep, going to go do something else now. :3 ” Quote from Xenon Moon: “I'm anticipating poop…

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

He always reminded me of Sagat from Street Fighter, which I guess was true for Nemesis. Even the official art for Nemesis in RE3 is a reference to Sagat from SF2. Quote: “ e14092c5fc2da42fb46ab41d0278a02d.jpglatest”

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

Mr. X seems to have the most drastic redesign, and I gotta say... I sorta love it. The fedora is silly, and his face looks off, yet it somehow makes him more unsettling! For reference, here is the old Mr. X: tyrant1.jpg And here is the new one: Quote: “ Resident+evil+2+remake_f4a931_6634848.jpg”

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

Quote from JP the Neurotic: “I think it’s weird people are complaining about the faces they look different sure but still very in line imo Not like a certain canoe in re7 ” The changes made to Chris in RE7 turned him into another character entirely. He's not even recgonizable as Chris--different eye and hair color, and different facial proportions. Aside from that, his new design completely contradicts his bulky RE5, Rev, and RE6 counter parts which are canon. It's like saying, "yeah, the best s…

• Quote from gamtos: “Yeah ok I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. SZGH766.png Ganondorf's OoT design, just like many aspects of the Gerudo, has some painful associations attached to it. I figure he was more meant to represent Goblins or witches, but a lot of that imagery originated from antisemitism and with the whole Ali Baba origin story of Ganon, it goes full circle back to a middle eastern caricature. GANON06_thumb.jpg It's why I'm a lot happier about how they brought back the design in Hyrule…

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

Finally, Capcom showed off RE2make, and I couldn't be happier. I'll be posting all the game info in this post, but let's discuss! What do you think of the game so far? Are there features you are hoping return/don't return? Trailers Quote: “youtube.com/watch?v=a-lEnz5QKuM youtube.com/watch?v=xtxJtQa6VSw ” Direct-Feed Gameplay Footage youtube.com/watch?v=s2TMSwEerDQ Special Edition Pre-order Bonuses: -Leon Costume: ‘Arklay Sheriff’ (presumably the outfit we see that poor SOB at the begining of the…

• Resident Evil 2 Remake looks fucking incredible. Oh, lordy. youtube.com/watch?v=s2TMSwEerDQ

• Resident Evil 2 Remake. The game that is a remake of my second favorite game of all time. It's not fixed camera. It is, however, looking fucking awesome. Mr. X's redesign is super unsettling, and I'm loving the lighting in the RPD station. Can't wait to play it. And if the rumors are true that there is a fixed camera mode option, I'll be even more happy. Dude, look at this Mr. X! 35102404_10210224712768862_22854959796060160_n.jpg

• ^I agree whole-heartedly with @lord-of-shadow. I never want a Majora's Mask remake or sequel, but instead, look at why Termina is such a more interesting world than OoT, TP or even BotW. Make a new Zelda world that has that same level of depth, and don't worry about trying to make it as large and believable as possible. Try making it as creative as possible! For example, look at Great Bay. Consider how it doesn't have a Hyrule equivalent. It is the home of both the Zora and Gerudo tribes, and th…

• Quote from gamtos: “Kinda, but focus on how he's my favorite compared to his appearance in the first three Zelda games and FSA. So a subfocus on how that's a favorite ganon even amongst the classic Ganons. ” Ah, gotchya. I can agree with that.

• Quote from gamtos: “Quote from KeeSomething: “Yeah, classic Pig Ganon seems like an obvious pick for Smash. ” Not what I said; my point was that if I had to pick a Ganon design that would represent the entirety of his design/character throughout the series, as is usually the point in Smash, I'd go for the OoX / ALBW design, which are virtually identical. The design of Ganon in the first three games or FSA doesn't click with me by comparison. So I'll say OoX Ganon's my fave, since ALBW Ganon is j…

• Really excited for Seriko! It looks even faster than Bloodborne, love the Feudal Japan theme, and the grapple can really made traversing the world more varied and exciting. Devil May Cry 5 looks pretty good. It highlights why I don't like the RE Engine and photoscanning, but it's nice to see the series back after the mishaps that was DmC. With DMC5's trailer being close to what was described in a rumor that also talked about RE2make... I'm worried. Seems like RE2make will be a third person shoot…

• ^Yeah, classic Pig Ganon seems like an obvious pick for Smash. In regards to the topic, which I completely ignored, here are my favorite incarnations of reoccurring characters: Wind Waker's Ganondorf is my favorite version. I think he worked really well with the theme of the game, and was a good parallel to King Daphnes. This is the only time Ganondorf felt like a character with justification to his actions. He matured a lot since OoT. Tetra is my favorite Zelda... until she becomes Zelda. Thank…

• Demise is the most redundant plot point in the series. Ocarina of Time already explained that Ganondorf swore revenge of Link and Zelda's ancestors. That's all we needed. "Ah-hah! But no, the cycle began even further back in the timeline, oh ho ho!" But, why? That's like making a prequel that takes place even before SS to say that even before Demise, there was another generic demon who swore revenge on Hylia and her hero. What's the point? It's stupid. Hylia's inclusion was dumb, too. Did we rea…

• Resident Evil 2 Remake is my most anticipated game, and the rumors seem to suggest it'll finally be shown off this E3. It seems like a no-brainer to remake RE2 in the style of REmake--the definitive example of how to remake a classic, but this is modern day Capcom. All I can think is "how are they going to screw this up?" What I want from an RE2make is: -Resident Evil 2, but updated exactly like how REmake updated Resident Evil 1. Don't make it a third person shooter. Don't remove all the game m…

• I think BotW's sequels could absolutely take note of Skyrim and Witcher 3 when it comes to meaningful sidequests and collecting lore. I'd also like to see a bit more depth with stats, but BotW is a good start. I liked how you could choose between leveling up your stamina or your hearts, but I think a few more stats would be nice, allowing you to build Link in a way that fits your play style. BotW is way too gear-based to me, so those buffs from equipping armor would, to me, be better off as perm…

• Quote from VaatiTempest6x4: “Quote from Mirren: “Metroid was in a body bag before the words "Metroid Prime 4" showed up in that teaser last year. ” Yes, but that still doesn't change the fact that at that very same time that Metroid became hot again, Samus Returns came along as a 3DS exclusive! ” The main reason Metroid gained popularity again in recent years was thanks to the fan project AM2R. Flaunting Samus Returns as a 3DS exclusive is funny to me. It was clearly a budget title. I doubt many…

• Is SS underrated?

KeeSomething - - Modern Zelda

SS is not a good game at all. Poor pacing, broken and uncomfortable controls (the gimmicky motion controls at best date the game and at worst break the game), unrelenting hand-holding that can't be skipped, and the most obvious and obnoxious padding in the series. As an overall game, I think it is the worst Zelda and a mediocre game, but there are some moments, like anything involving the Sand Sea and Timeshift Stones, which are some of the best moments/mechanics in the series. Still, this isn't…

• Quote from Mirren: “Nintendo also said that last year's E3 Spotlight video was going to be for 2017 titles ” Nintendo is pretty inconsistent about when they'll show games off. Remember when they didn't show BotW off a couple E3's ago because, as Reggie stated, "We at Nintendo have always only showed off games that are coming out within the next month or two. Like when we first revealed Twilight Princess in 2004" Then Nintendo mooned us with Metroid Federation Force. Next E3, they show a logo of …

• Nearly everything you listed are games that aren't out yet or, in the case of Retro's project, Zelda actually releasing on Switch before next gen, and Smash being a new game, are pure speculation.* My point still stands that a majority of Switch's first party titles are 3-5 year old ports. Regardless, you have to really be scraping the bottom of the barrel to parade Splatoon 2 and Pokemon Let's Go as new games. You even point out that there's nothing exciting about ARMS. Ouch. As a consumer who …

• I'd really love to see a brand new villain with an undead theme! I think someone like King Igos Ikana from Majora's Mask would be a great base to build upon--an undead king filled with regret and hatred. I'd imagine this character would have his own legion of monsters, mostly supernatural themed. Think of the Ikana region from Majora's Mask--the undead such as ReDead, ghosts, Garo ninjas, skeleten knights, etc. Maybe this hypothetical undead king character would have an appointed ghost/shadow kn…