Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 64.
  • DLC story holiday 2017

Nihilem - - Modern Zelda

Hi I have some problems with the second stage of the dlc (Hidden Content)

• More Minibosses. That can be Variations to existing Minibosses like an Armired Hinox or an Molduga in actual water. Or of course new ones like Darknuts etc. Or both, which I would prefer;) Cave, Tunnels, Underwater Stuff. Instead of having a new region, I would prefer If they create a whole lot of subterranian content in the existing world. More Enemies. Exapecial regional typical enemies lke Dodongos, deku babas, etc are missing. That are my reasonable wishes for the dlc. My actual wishes will …

• HI everyone, while watching a few BotW reviews (to hype myself up for the coming DLC) I noticed that one of the few main critism people had is the weapon durabillity system and the annoyance of constantly breaking your weapons. While I am personally a fan of the system - the more I thought about it is not the actual SYSTEM I like but the CONSEQUENCES it gives for the gameplay. In Detail that you are forced to constantly switch between weapons and that every weapon you gain is useful. So I though…

• Breath if the wild: a new story

Nihilem - - Modern Zelda

Quote from Foreigner55: “Quote from Thal1989: “... ” actually they executed the open world wrong too. With proper open world you can have a mandatory story. For example every Lego game after Lego batman 2 had an open world. But the story was relatively mandatory if you wanted certain features. Not to mention you would get constantly reminded about where you need to go and a really compelling trail to follow. Not to mention I do agree. The optional story takes the fun out of it. There's no sence …

• If those monks really could predict the future... wouldnt they also predict the downfall 100 years before? A note of warning would be nice then......

• I would like exspecially region specific enemies - like Dodongo in the mountains (OoT style), Gyorgs in the seas and Deku Babas in the forests etc. For Bosses I would like: - Dark Nuts .... because why not - Kargaroc/ Helmaroc King ..... we need more flying enemies - exspecially in the gerudo highlands that thing would fit rigth in - King Dodongo ..... so that the gorons have something proper to fight - Morthula ...... imagine that beast in a dark forest

• I would like if they keep the core physic engine but make a special twist each game which keeps the wtf-moments. So e.g. Instead of having cryonis you can use ice arrows to create ice cubes... and move them with some Kind of wind or water weapon ... or make a spell (aka rune replacement) that messes with gravity

• I think the majority agrees that we want more "dungeons" with Hyrule Castle from BotW as a Design Blueprint. Thats good because I share that opinion ^^. I actually want that fusion between game mechanic and immersion for all elements that were introduced in BotW. So actual Outposts and Hamlets of the different races instead of generic stables. Real Shrines instead of Shiekah Puzzle Rooms. Enviromental Puzzles that open paths to caves etc instead of koroks. A good example for this you can find in…

• BOTW Help

Nihilem - - Modern Zelda

I never tested it myself but cant you just create a new profile? I mean for the console.

• Hmmm ... you mean like ... everything? I think it is easier to write down what I do not like ^^. But if I had to be forced on my top 3 that would be: Top 1: Open World/Climbing Top 2: Races of Hyrule Top 3: Weapons (Elemental swords/ staffs/ boomerangs etc etc)

• One of the improvements they can make in the next Zelda is getting rid of the stables and introducing small villages or hamlets of the different races in there place. They can serve a similiar purpose (Quest-Hub, Inn etc) but aestically more diverse - just look at the gerudo oasis outpost as an example.

• So about the Gorons, again...

Nihilem - - Modern Zelda

@kaialone Hey thats interesting - I also wondered if the gorons use the word for brother (aniki, ototo, Nii-san etc) or a more gender neutral. Because the japanese Language normally dont gives a fuck if you are male or female. That the Gerudo see all Gorons as female is really interesting. Considering that the Gerudo themselves are a travelling race and mostly have contact with travelling gorons it makes sense that they see them also as females. As they only have contact with only one kind of go…

• The races in Hyrule have gotten a decent characterisation in this game .... finally. I am a huge fan that they just reused the known races and added personality to them instead of inventing a few new ones. Also I the world this time around just fits in themes. The characterisation of the races, the stories you experience with them and the visualizations of their villages just ... fit. The races of hyrule now are truly different and complex instead of beeing characterized by a few traits. For exa…

• Well I am pretty sure the king came up with his own tests. In the ruins of Hyrule Castle you can find the remains of a Hinox trapped in some kind of arena. On a stone in the back is written that this is the final test for the knights of Hyrule to became the champion .... or something like that. And that the shrines do not open previously is because link has not activated the towers yet. Also they said that there is always a princess Zelda (as that is a naming convention of the kingdom of Hyrule)…

• We shouldnt compare game mechanics (like hearts and healing) with ingame lore (he was mortally wounded). Just having half a heart does not necessary mean that Link is mortally wounded as in ingame logic the heartbar do not exist. As we also do not know how this magical tomb works I can just assume that it takes 100 years to get a man from near death to fully functional. Or the sheikah scientists screw up and give in the wrong slumber duration.

• 1. Hyrule Castle This should be the prototyp for future dungeons. Multiple ways, indoor and outdoor sections, interesting places to explore and really well set minibosses. Also perfectly melted with the overworld. 2. Bird/Lizard They had some cool ideas (like the darkness part in the lizard). Cant really decide which one is better. From the dungeon alone I liked Camel more but Birds Bossfight is the best in BotW so.... 3. Elephant Well pretty mediocre .... but the entrance "riddle" (where you fi…

Nihilem - - Modern Zelda

If the game is well done you can. At least the LOGIC. You should however do not use real life axioms and conclusions as they might be different in a fantasy world. Obviously sometimes ingame logic is thrown out of the window for gameplay reasons. But that should not count for the whole world building. At least in good, serious games that should not count for the whole world building ....

Nihilem - - Modern Zelda

I agree that magic shall not always be the easy way out solution to all problems your fantasy world has - and is also not needed in the gerudo reproduction problem ... just a little imagination. Just assume for a moment that Gerudo do not have XX in there DNA but only one Chromosom instead - lets call it G for Gerudo. All important gerudo-information(gender, color etc etc) are saved on that. It also does combines neither with the X nor with the Y chromosome of the father. So if you match the G-C…

Nihilem - - Modern Zelda

To end the whole name discussion - the goron called Lyndae is male (if gorons have different genders). When you talk to him he explains to you that there are only Vaais in the city allowed and is surprised that they let him in. There more I think about it I also agree that the gorons actually just have one sex. And because Zelda is a Nintendo game we will never know how they reproduce. Therefore it makes no sense that they are not allowed in gerudo city. But I stay on my opinion that the gerudo …

Nihilem - - Modern Zelda

I think one of the gorons actually realizes that he (and his comrade) are the only males in the town and wonders why the gerudo let them in. My theory for that is pretty straight forward: The gerudo just have no clue if female gorons exist and if yes how to identify them. So to not get into trouble asking each goron if he/she is a Vooi/Vaai (and having no idea how to check that), they just let let them all in. Also at least in the german translation the name of the goron has a female touch to it…

• Does anyone know where the theme from the second trailer plays? I mean that one at 1:30 youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE

• Well I wanted to include just another minor detail.... it seems that 100years ago the wielder of the Master Sword was deducted by a serious of tests which was probably given by the king himself. At least in Hyrule Castle you can find a special cellar where the remains of a captured Hinox were laying with a text saying something like: "This is the ultimate test for the hero of hyrule ... bla"

• I am sure if you are creative enough you can escape the Great Plateau without doing the 4 shrines. They said it would be possiple not that it would be easy.

• I would really like the next zelda game (and also the dlcs) to focus on big thematic dungeons. With this term I mean stuff like the ancient cistern or the sand ship in Skyward Sword. I would not like if a significant chunk of open world gameplay would have to be sacrificed to achieve that. I actually want Nintendo to further improve the Open world by having roaming enemies, caravans etc etc. As a compromise I suggest to melt dungeons with the openworld. So instead having "little caves" where the…

• As the this thread is about nitpicking I will skip all the things that make this game great and will focus on the few things I want to see changed/improved in future. I just want to mention that I thing BotW is the best Zelda game I have ever played (and actually one of the best games in general I have ever played) and I want future open world games to be inspired by its achievements. Its just my perfectionistic self that wants to also see the last minor details to be fixed ;). Dungeons: Like a …

• I would really like if they keep the "you can climb everywhere" for the next zelda ... the the zelda after that ....... actually every open world game that will come out should have it. I also like the style of the hylian races (zora, gerudo etc) und there villages, armors and weapons. Actually I like every new thing BotW introduces ... so what I want is something like what "rise of the tomb raider" did to its franchise - taking all that new achievements of BotW and putting it in shiny new shape…

• I think the dlc is the best thing that could Happen to that Game. There is nothing significant cutted out (Note the NEW hardmode instead of just hard mode) and dlc 2 is a cool way to expand the game. Therefore I am no longer worried by the dungeons of BotW because they can just add completly new designed dungeons and story arcs per dlc

• Bosses, Bosses everywhere I really like how they using zelda lore and giving it a new touch .... really feels that BotW is an reinvention of the zelda series in whole - the ultimative zelda.

• I will find the deku tree ..... and I will climb him ......

• I think being able to play Link with only his underwears on already fullfills the condition of "midly suggestive themes".

• I wouldnt keep to much about that interview. Remember the whole "we didnt say that this person was link"- discussion in the first reveal trailer? The devs declared multiple times that there will be some ind of dungeon and that they are not the same as the shrines. I dont see any reason why that should have been changed. (Hidden Content) I am also sure that there are a lot of "mini-dungeons" in the form of enemy camps (like the one in gerudo dessert in twillight princess) or holy places, ruins et…

• I dont want to discourage you .... but in the last demo there were different drops than in the e3 one .... so chance is high that in the release version they will switch things up again.

• No. Games with Voiceacting have always fixed Hero-Names or give the hero some kind of title to reference in voiced lines. Just think how the programm would speak out üäpö9876r5erdm if I decide to name my hero so.

• Quote from Pikastroff: “ By the way, aren't Gerudos supposed to have yellow eyes? Because she has green eyes. Maybe she's a Gerudo/Hylian hybrid or something? I would not be surprised. ” Well arent all Gerudos Gerudos/Hylian - Hybrids by design? As there is only one Gerudo male each 100 years (which is alsolikely to get killed by a green clothed Forest dweller in his prime ). Therefore most of the gerudos we see in the game most likely have Hylian Fathers. The whole eye and ear thing is probably…

• Calling it now - the rumored for dungeons will deal with for gigantic mechanical creatures that go around the world. - The flying bird - The gigantic something on Death Mountain - The cow? bull? horse? in the desert - one we didnt see until now If they are probably inside them?

• I also think it will be an entrance to either a) a dungeon or b) a city.

• As Dungeon are an key convention of the zelda franchise and BotW want to tackle these conventions I expect also some kind of twist to the dungeon formula. And I think that they might be a lot bigger then we imagine ...

• Hmm, I think the density of the content is not too much of a problem (as emptiness has its advantages too when done right - see SotC example). I am a little bit more concerned about the dynamic and the fluff of the overworld. So all we have seen until now are static enemies. They stay at their camps, dance and eat ..... and wait for us to come and kill them and to take their stuff...... doenst that actually making us the bad guys? ..... Nevertheless, what I really hope is, that in the finished g…

• Quote from Please Understand: “Or cut grass to get a heart eventually. This Zelda is less gamey but also less convenient. They need to carefully balance that so it doesn't feel like a chore. ” Then I hope you bring a lot of time with you ..... There are no more random hearts spawning in the middle of nowhere. The best thing I saw which can be gathered through cutting grass was an bug (dont know the english word "Heuschrecke" in german), which gave you one quarter of an heart when eating. So if y…

• Which we still do not know if they exist Also Rupees might not be as easy to gather, as they do no longer randomly drop from gras and pots. Moneysink will probably also be higher due to repairs etc. In the end I think it is the best way to actually cook dishes for healing. They give you a lot more hearts and come with handy sideeffects. But you need a station and different food for that.