Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 62.
  • Hello all! I recently saw this quote, from an interview the BotW sound team did for the release of the soundtrack in Japan last year. It was translated just the other day by Nintendo Everything. (super interesting interview in general by the way, I recommend it all to all. It is three pages, I linked just to the second page where the hidden song comes up...) ( nintendoeverything.com/breath-…music-formula-and-more/2/ ) Here is just the relevant text pasted directly here: --- "Kataoka: Wakai made …

• Guys, I noticed during the Treehouse streams that the music inside the Shrines is the start of the original Zelda 1 NES dungeon music. It, like the other music in-game, is piano, and only the first several notes. Listen hard, and you'll hear it. I also noticed three distinct item fanfares: One plays when Link obtains a Spirit Orb thingy. It's the jingle that I believe originated as the Gold Skulltula Token Get fanfare from OoT, then became things like Key Get in Twilight Princess, etc. It's now …

• I just want to say, for my own selfish and personal sake, that I totally called Zelda U being delayed to 2017 in 2015, April 26th 2015!! It's in the 10th anniversary wiki redesign feedback thread. Check it out! That was just after Aonuma made the announcement that "2015 is no longer a priority." Please excuse my irrelevant gloating. Nice new forums btw.

• Twilight Princess HD

JasonBall34 - - Modern Zelda

It was raining here too 6 hours ago. Huh. I don't understand why people don't want to take things out of the box. It won't even be NIB condition if you cut the guard out, so why not go all the way and actually touch a product you spent good money on? Anyways. What exactly has changed with Epona? I'm curious. I feel like brand loyalty is one of the things keeping Nintendo as afloat as they are. And you know, for all its faults, can anyone really say they detest TP enough to not play it at all?

• Twilight Princess HD

If you want a good story, watch Titanic or Empire Strikes Back or something. If you want a game with great gameplay, play Zelda games. I was reading old Nintendo Power magazines, and the letters to the editor section are often filled with this same stuff. You guys have been complaining for 20 years that Zelda needs more story. And then SS came along, they had more story, and you guys complained about less good gameplay. I feel like we as the fanbase should be more receptive to Nintendo's game-ma…

• Twilight Princess HD

The official TPHD site has 3 more videos teased with 'coming soon', to answer that inquiry. Miyamoto may sound like an asshole sometimes when the developers of stuff (I've just read Iwata Asks for LBW, he tore it apart on several occasions when they presented the ideas), but no one can deny that the finished project will always be way better if Miyamoto has any input whatsoever. If something is bad, he knows it, after working on stuff for Nintendo for over 35 years. And that's why they immediate…

• Twilight Princess HD

Its looking like they might even replace some of those Snowpeak paintings with Zelda U paintings! HMK just found Zelda U screenshots (nothing new, sadly, from E3 2014) in the Chudley's Emporium or whatever its called.

• Twilight Princess HD

"This thread has passed its expiration date for discussion. If you want to discuss the topic further, I recommend making a new thread." --gamtos I also sort of meant specifically to discuss the new TPHD info, plus any new info that comes up if they make text changes to his speeches.

• Twilight Princess HD

Someone should start a thread in the theorizing section to discuss Hero's Shade. I'm too lazy. That is, if it is newsworthy, and I'm right in that there wasn't any official confirmation of soldierness before this. (I don't think people count the Prima guide from 2006.)

• Twilight Princess HD

Say, the TPHD site officially lists the Hero's Shade as the canon name, but also, due to the grammar usage, reveals that the the guy is known AS Hero's Shade. Not "the heros shade" but simply Hero's Shade. I feel like thats noteworthy for theorists, plus the first official confirmation I can recall that he was a soldier. Actually a soldier.

• <p>Maybe, people who write &quot;reupload as PNG&quot; on the Image Request page can take 10 seconds to save it to the desktop, open frikkin Paint, and do it themselves!</p>

• <p>Ah, joy, a Malink thread! I love this! They're such a cute couple! (Lots of great stuff on Deviantart.)</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>Ahem. First, I'd like to ask for someone to point me to where it says definitively that TP and OoT are centuries apart. I have an inkling, but I'd like to know where you guys get that because personally I find it makes most sense for them to be just a generation apart. After I see that, I'll get more involved.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>I'm going to ignore this Zelda-Link thi…

• Good goddesses, Sagan, you sure woke up on the wrong side of the bed there. I digress/concede on most points, it wastes my time and yours to argue about this crap. Your arguments are brilliantly crafted and put me to shame. I would normally dispute and clarify certain things you misunderstood since I still fundamentally disagree with you, but once again, it wastes our time. Please excuse my ignorance. I would like to dispute the Triforce thing, though. The Triforce cannot split without it being …

• Ahem, please excuse my 2 week absence: I've been playing Tri Force Heroes 24/7, so yeah. Sagan, you said more on the Hero of Time later, then didn't follow up. I'll take that as that the point you were going to make about why the HoT couldn't have moved the MS wasn't very good so you forgot about it. Anyways, I really don't see how moving nations and geography is easier than moving the MS. Especially with the HoT around to do it, which would make sense if he did, its by his house in his forest. …

• Yes, another reason to hate Tingle. A bit more leeway? I think not. OoT-TP tech transition was massive. We need to realize that they changed things because of that just as we acknowledge the SNES-64 tech. They made massive crevasses and canyons and pits all over the place in TP for some weird reason, no one ever addresses it. I don't see why just some line between landmarks matching up is so reasonable.

• Vaati's image is actually surprisingly well explained. His palace's existence is between SS and TP. The Oocca are undeniably weak physically, being stubby little man-chickens. If either the Skyloftians or the Loftwings or both evolved into Oocca, it had to be between SS and TP. Seeing as how neither Oocca, Loftwings or Skyloftians were in Four Swords, I'd say they were hiding. Vaati was extremely terrifying. During the early development of the Oocca, this fierce god-like thing sure had to have m…

• Oh my. I'm in way over my head. Tis what I get for waiting a few days for replies to accumulate. The main thing about JUST the MS moving is that its an object. Its significantly easier, no matter how sacred the darn thing is, to move a piece of metal than to have a lake re-form or a castle move North with no trace of the old one remaining, or a forest supposedly 'overgrowing' out into VERY specific areas. Sagan, you said it yourself with the LttP-OoT transition. The hardware changes. If you are …

• Darn. Yeah. The Kakariko thing really messes me up. I really don't think TP Old Kakariko is OoT Kakariko. Impaz says Impa founded the Hidden Village, so it can't be the same as OoT Kak since Impa was born there. And yes, their locations are inexcusably off. Beats the Din out of me where OoT Kak went to at the time of TP. But the location of OoT Zora's Domain and TP Kakariko match, being slightly south of Death Mountain. Yeah, gameplay changes. Like LBW's Hyrule dungeons were altered. Lakebed doe…

• Sagan, I really can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not with that second bit. Its like you're saying "Naw, the elephant drove the car, that's much more plausible than the hippo." Or maybe that was the point. Regardless, yes, it does seem most likely to me that the Temple was placed in Hero of Time's homeland, specifically in the confusing labyrinthine area known as the Lost Woods. Skull Kid seems to be protecting it, who seems to be the same Skull Kid as in OoT/MM. We have the remains of the…

• Oh dear, geography theorizing. I am SO fired up about it at all times, so be warned. I think, to put it mildly, it is silly to say "TP's map is north" so blatantly, like its set in stone. Anything but is my interpretation, really. In fact, I never have been able to find the quote that supposedly says the MS never moves, or that the Temple never moves. I can't recall it anywhere. Flipping through HH, I can't find it. So, before I get even more fired up, would someone kindly please point me to rel…

• What the frik! It said there was an unknown error, but they uploaded anyways! Scratch that doc! I'm taking it down from the public domain now. Anyways, the symbols on the sides look inwards, so Left and Right can not be determined when it comes to the symbol. Here's the left side attached. Uh, anyways, please do try to use miiverse screenshots, mine or yours, cuz they look so nice compared to digital camera shot of a 3DS. Not to knock your hard work. You did great in all respects.

• Nice! I didn't want to re-read the whole thing, but those images are nice. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have more bones to pick with you. However, the thing I was most looking forward to, the similar symbol in both the Shadow Temple and City in the Sky, was loose at best. In fact, I think the symbol in City in the Sky (we'll call it Skyloft, cuz the big long title is hard to type over and over) most clearly represents Vaati, an easter egg I had never noticed and now makes me want to revisit my Sk…

• What Exactly does Cia/Lana do?

JasonBall34 - - Theorizing

Are we saying that Link and Zelda (neither one is balanced, unless I'm mistaken.) were able to wish on the Triforce in LBW because the Triforce had been shattered after the Yuga-Ganon battle and then put back together like in WW? That hardly seems proper. I'm just saying. And, despite the epicness on an unprecedented scale of the LBW finale, its rather odd that Yuga-Ganon could absorb Hilda to get the Triforce of Wisdom. I can't recall anybody ever having exactly 2 pieces at once. Its why Ganond…

• I'm going to have to break out my Wii and go to the City in the Sky here after all, I suppose. Any word on those pictures? I see what you mean about that mask now. Thanks for being dragged along with my stubbornness.

• Remind me how "That's a frightful mask" is overly negative? It just seems like a statement, like "Donald Trump being president is a frightening idea." (Not to start a political debate, its just the first best example that popped to mind) Are you saying that just relative to the other reactions, its the most negative of the lot? In that case, I agree. But by itself...? I love that explanation of the curse mask thing. It makes a lot of sense now that you revised it. I'm still amused by how we all …

• That's all quite lovely. The gossip stone thing there makes sense, I suppose. But I still disagree: Gossip Stone: "It seems the one cursed by the strange, sparkling gold spiders had the Mask of Truth..." This, though, seems to imply the two circumstances (being cursed and having the mask) are completely removed from each other. Its like saying "The woman with the curvy figure owned the white dog..." The curviness and the dog are not related. And, I might have mentioned this, but his dog mentions…

• Certainly. Uh, that was all well and good, for sure. You just said the man in Termina was cursed when he put it on? That doesn't make sense. I'd say he was cursed somewhat after he put it on. If the wearing of the mask was what turned him into a spider, then if he just took it off he'd be un-spidered. (Un-spidered needs to be a word, hehe.) It was the killing of the skulltulae by Link that un-spidered him. Then he took it off after he was human, saying something about how it had brought him misf…

• Wow. I am so very overawed at this whole discussion. It covers everything possible that can be covered. I agree it way outdoes the old theory on the Truth Behind the Temples. I am just so ridiculously ungood at lengthy discussions that I can't do the same thing Evran Speer did. However, I would like to just point out some things about Termina's Sheikah stuff. I feel like, for me, the sheikah relics aren't quite hammered down in their significance, especially related to Termina. If you are to dra…

• Sure thing. I'll be clearer in the future. Thanks.

• Lanayru dragon skeleton

Thanks. That makes a lot more sense actually than I thought was possible for the OoA issues. I have nothing more to add.

• Lanayru dragon skeleton

If I could interject, I'd say that there are tons of things in OoA that don't jibe with each other. The Black Tower in the present automatically gets taller because of its state in the past being raised. The villagers comment on it quite amusingly in the present. This is history clearly being overwritten. Let me explain: If the workers in the past stopped working suddenly, the tower in the present would stop getting taller. They are continuously raising it, and so its height in the present is co…

• Yeah, that's all cool. I'll be more specific as to confirmed things versus things not quite confirmed that I extrapolated on in the future. But saying the connection is unknown means there is a connection. No? It sounds to me that, correct me if I'm wrong, but you're more willing to disprove something based on HH's uncertainty than take advantage of its uncertainty and prove it right. I suppose the fact it says "before..." doesn't exclude "after" as well. You're right. I very much would love to …

• I hope no one minds if I interject once more to say that HH states that the chronicle merely collects information believed to be true at this time. If someone goes against it, its not like they're defying an omnipotent God, its more like they're taking advantage of a god who isn't too sure of itself to make conclusions that suit their personal canon preferences. I, for example, bend the timeline in my headcanon to accommodate personally preferred situations. Now that that's out of the way, I sha…

• Would it be okay to interject that I found on the wiki one time (can't find it again, but a google search would confirm this) that Rauru is like ruru, which has to do with owls in some mythology. Further, Gaepora supposedly holds the Book of Mudora in his artwork (supposing it is for a second, I myself only ever saw a green book) which contains the secrets to the Triforce and the Sacred Realm. In a realm beyond sight, The Sky shines gold, not blue. There, the Triforce's might Makes mortal dreams…

I mean, Cia's mask bears remarkable similarity to Meg's whole face. The pointed beak, the long white eyes, the two points on the top, etc. I'm not the first one to point it out. Meg.png Yes, Cia looks like Veran, in an oversexualized female sense. I absolutely agree. Okay, yes, they aren't exactly the same. However, in my humble opinion, Koei's Temple of Souls is like how they made the Water Temple stage. Its based on it, but inside, it looks nothing like it. I imagine very much the same thing w…

I was thinking about how she resembles Meg the Poe, and how her Temple of Souls (/fanart gallery of Link) resembles the Forest Temple from OoT, plus the fact she was "deep in the forests, far from mortal eyes" or whatever. Further, she can split into 4 like Meg, and wears Majora's Mask in DLC. Then, Lana, who has a mischievous personality, also lived in Faron Woods for a while even after she split from Cia, and can dress like the Skull Kid. (The whole game is non-canon, so why not use alternate …

• Antagonism? Sorry, I was real touchy at first, I know, I'm sorry, but I thought I'd cooled down. We were having a healthy debate. What gives?

• Wee. I just re-read my post the day after, and I deeply apologize for my less-than-generous attitude towards you. Let me counter civilly this time. I wasn't aware of the Palace of the Four Sword debate. It seemed pretty existant to me playing through it. But I can also point to the fact that Jabu-Jabu now has a Terminian counterpart after 15 years of not having one, springy Sheikah Stones with pixelly videos inside them now exist, and there's a fast sail now. Hm. You've convinced me. It does see…

• yeti door.pngThanks for that utter rebuttal of every point i made. Let me try the same thing: Let me point to the fact that no facts are set in stone: I'm sure no one guessed that the Pyramid actually had a palace inside it holding the Four Sword, either. We cannot say things did not happen or things do not exist because they are not in a a game. i agree about the warp song: Ballad had no association with Wind Temple in WW, and the reason it was called Ballad of Gales was just to go along with t…

• I was thinking about how TP also gives some insight: The "Forest Temple" has wind puzzles and a wind item. The "Forest Temple" is actually the old dead Great Deku Tree, according to the general consensus. I've noticed there is a very strong connection between forest and wind. Spirit Tracks' Forest Temple had a wind item as well. Further, the Ballad of Gales is a song the Hero of Time knew at some point, it being in a howling stone. Is it such a stretch that the warp song from WW also was the war…