Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 121-160 of 528.
  • Shift in Focus: Gender v. Pronouns

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

It's been nearly two weeks and there is a vocal majority in favor. The movement is passed and the process is underway. Of the main series, Breath of the Wild through Four Swords Adventures are finished. The rest will follow soon.

• Legend Of Zelda: Times Menagerie

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

It was a policy decision to remove all fan games from the Wiki. "Time's Menagerie" was not singled out for this, as you seem to be implying. It's not within our coverage range or responsibility to distribute download links to it.

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Getting rid of it is an entirely different discussion altogether. I don't agree, and I've already had people come to me to tell me how useful it was for them to see this information in the infobox. Also ideally these examples in infoboxes will be followed by a citation. It's not solely a "one word" blurb, it's to tell readers and editors alike that this is how this character is meant to be called. It eliminates ambiguity and sets the article to come.

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Quote from TheMorriganZW: “Do we at least have a format? Don't want the character templates to look tacky? Would the characters be described as Feminine/Masculine/Androgynous? These aren't criticisms, I'm just a pedantic oaf and I'd like some consistency. ” All it is is replacing the "gender" descriptor to "pronouns" and using their pronouns. It's not an analysis of their gender or their presentation. There's examples of this in the original post.

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Quote from TheMorriganZW: “Again, I fail to understand as to what this achieves? It's a lot of effort for a handful of characters... And to be perfectly honest, I don't know of any characters that identify as a gender different from their sex. I honestly feel it's a little hollow to put so much attention on a character's gender identity. I dunno, I wouldn't feel comfortable if people constantly fixated on my own Gender Identity. But W/E. ” You're wildly misinterpreting the intent. It's not for j…

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

"They/them" is the default when it's not clear. That's actually in effect right now. If there are no available pronouns to stick in the infobox, we can simply put "unknown."

• Quote from KeeSomething: “Did anyone try to climb down the edge of the Great Plateau in the demo? I don't understand what's keeping you from climbing down as soon as you boot up the game; though, Nintendo says you need the paraglider. I'm guessing once you made it down to a certain point, the game automatically makes Link let go and he falls to his death. ” So how it works is that even climbing down, your Stamina Wheel drains. Normally, you can let go of a wall and press A to grab back on before…

• I'd love for the Old Man to be Robin Williams. Zelda Williams is already a voice actress, so she could play Princess Zelda, who is obviously the daughter of the Old Man.

• Quote from Kaldow: “Nintendo has already come out and said that they were not going to put him into a Zelda game unfortunately, even though I'm sure he would have loved to be in one. :'( ” Source? All I know of is that they said they weren't going to discuss what they were and weren't doing.

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Quote from Nelsyv: “Is this really worthy of the effort? There are extremely few cases of characters in which gender is at all ambiguous, and I think you listed them all in the OP. In efforts to maintain clarity, perhaps a short section could be added to the trivia section of each page for those characters which have ambiguous gender, otherwise we might as well just leave it as it is. ” I'm no stranger to the "is it worth the effort?" argument and I have to admit it's such a tired cliché that do…

• Quote from Mango The Magician: “Quote from Tony: “The brightest hex color I could find (#977c61) from a decent shot of him shows that his eyes are brown. ” look yellow to me, but fair enough. ” #977c61 hex color I'd blame confirmation bias, or the fact that his hair appears blond/yellow.

• The brightest hex color I could find (#977c61) from a decent shot of him shows that his eyes are brown.

• Quote from Khao: “Huh, something just hit me. Did we ever actually see Link acquiring the blue tunic? Link wears it by default in the exploration demo, and the story demo doesn't go far enough for him to get it. I don't think it was ever acquired during the treehouse streams either, he just had it from the start, or didn't have it at all. ” If it paints any pictures for you, its in-game text says: "In ancient Hyrule, this garment could only be worn by one who had earned the respect of the Hylian…

• Quote from Captain Harrie: “you can't fight as ganon in hw! ” You can in Challenge Mode. Here's a shot from it: HW_Playable_Ganon_wielding_the_Trident.jpg Notably, they took this out in Hyrule Warriors Legends, so it's only on Hyrule Warriors classic.

• Quote from JaidynReiman: “Zelda Wiki refers to Hyruleans as all races who live in Hyrule, in any case ” Yes. Hyrulean is the demonym, Hylian is the race of pointy-eared people (though they're not the only ones). Quote from TriforceOfLink: “Quote from JaidynReiman: “Um, I never said it did lol? ” Do you mean,"Never said it was"? And, I know you didn't. It just seemed you were going by what Zelda Wiki says, and not everything on the internet is accurate (i.e. Google Translate). ” Do you have a pre…

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

I would like to suggest that we at Zelda Wiki shift our Character Template to display a character's pronouns, rather than their gender. This thread isn't meant for a discussion on gender, but I will provide a brief rundown on why we should do this: It's presumptive and inaccurate. It's still relatively novel in contemporary discourse, but a person's pronouns don't have to match their gender identity. In fact, there's a precedent for that happening in the series: Sheik. Sheik is the most contende…

• Quote from HelpTheWretched: “Hi Tony, sorry to post-and-run like that! After I first mentioned the "erroneous reference", I came to realise it wasn't a true mistake; there was an alteration from a pre-release art asset to the final one, but the former made its way around anyway. It's even in a ZeldaWiki gallery! Summary: the image is Link's "thumbs up" communication icon from Tri Force Heroes. Originally, both his eyes were closed, but they changed it to him winking. The old, eyes-closed version…

• Hyrule Warriors Hylian Language

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

I went ahead and pulled all of them off the Compass and aligned them upright. Based on this, I don't think the letters in the middle ring are numbers, because they also appear elsewhere. zeldauniverse.net/forums/Attac…8e0bdbce1395f12073feaca2d

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Quote from Multusvalde: “Also, if you check out my latest Miiverse post ” It might help if you linked to that, since plenty of people probably don't follow you or know about your account there. Quote from Multusvalde: “I also own the Compass Watch, and have figured out that the Compass actually gives us the characters for 1,2,4,5,7,8,10 and 11. ” Could you isolate these? I believe I know which ones you're referring to, but a file displaying them all upright would be helpful.

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

I don't think they're used that way. In The Wind Waker, it was simple because the text was used directly inside a text box, but with these, they appear as textures for models.

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Interesting project! What I think needs to happen is that we need to collect as many character symbols as possible and compile them as a listing. Without a cipher key, much of it is guesswork, so it would help if we had all our resources beforehand. Take note that there is always the potential that this alphabet is entirely nonsensical and just doesn't relate to any real world language. If so, that's OK. Just compiling the alphabet alone is a huge step forward for documenting it. I'll share some…

• Zelda Wiki Idea: Health for monsters?

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

I don't think they do. I'm kind of glad this idea got a second wind with Breath of the Wild.

• Zelda Wiki General Chit-Chat

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Oh I forgot to say: this is definitely the place where we should discuss any footage from the new game. I'll be posting in here with my observations from the E3 showroom floor, and I hope other people can join in too. It's going to be fun analyzing it.

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

E3 is tomorrow and I did the honor of making a list of potential articles that we're going to need to get to ASAP. I figure these have a good chance of being relevant to the new footage coming tomorrow, and it'll be useful if anyone wants to help cover that. If you think I'm missing any, let me know. Greater Likelihood: Hyrule Field Death Mountain Great Bridge of Hylia Lake Hylia Bulblin Bokoblin Gohma Arrow Bow Sailcloth Apple Magic Meter Epona Link Sheikah Beacon Vault (as an ability) Eye Symb…

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Oh, we now have maps embedded into the Hyrule Warriors stage infoboxes! I wanted to point that out forever ago, but I forgot to mention it. I'm super proud of that, so go check it out. You can even move your mouse over a Keep to see it's name. I'm planning on making multiple versions for each Scenario, but that's a long-term goal. I'm pretty stoked for this year's E3, and I'll be making a thread the day before on it so we can discuss what articles we'll likely need to edit. That way, we as a com…

• Things to Do

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Many thanks to JCiLee‎ for pitching in. I totally didn't register in my mind that yesterday was Wednesday, so we have this week's set a day late. That's alright, though, as we still had plenty to do if people wanted to tackle things. I think we'll just store those away and maybe come back to them in future weeks. If they still need attention, we'll add them again. For now, I think it's fair to go down to a one-article-per setup. So, let's begin week two! ZW_Graphic_Accents_Left.pngWeek 2 | June …

• Things to Do

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

ZW_Graphic_Accents_Left.pngWeek 1 | June 1, 2016ZW_Graphic_Accents_Right.png Let's get this started with three of each type. I want to see how each develop as the week goes on, so feel free to pick a page and have at it! Remember, you're not alone. We're here to help you. Stubs: 1. Blacksmith's Wife (Completed by ‎JCiLee) - The "Hyrule" section needs some expansion. For a start, maybe adding something about her personality and how she treats Link throughout the beginning of the game would help? …

• Things to Do

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Hey, all! It's been a while since we've had a proper thread here, but with E3 coming up, I think it's important that we do something. Maybe this can even help inspire you to contribute when all the information starts pouring out on June 14. Editing a wiki is one of the ways fans can express their love for a series. It's a labor of love to take the time to write something down to share with and help fellow fans. Yet something that I've noticed about being new to editing a Wiki is that it can be i…

• Quote from Avalanchemike: “He smacked his ass and a rainbow shot forth from it ” I can confirm this did actually happen.

• Quote from Kay Faraday: “df5.png ” tumblr_mc0b5uNOWv1rsw1yf.gif Do JPG compression artifacts count as sparkles now?

• df184d73_gif1.xxxlarge.gif

• My god that's grasping at straws. I'll entertain you, I guess. Why would English point out his ally after he claimed? So the Mafia can anticipate that and attempt to slaughter him? He was protecting me by not throwing me under the bus by saying I'm "probably pro-town" while also not putting me in the limelight as a Mafia target. He also put Sturs in "don't trust yet" because, frankly, we can't trust him yet. We don't know what role Foo was, because Foo was likely killed by the Janitor. English w…

• If anyone needs an example of a "Strong Mason Recruiter" precedent, here it is lol

• "I'm not saying 'Strong' is a modifier, it's just part of one's role." Strong Mason Recruiter and Weak Mason Recruiter are common roles in this community. Just look at any game that's had a Masonry here and you'd probably come across one of them. Ask a GM if it's something they've used or came across before if it helps. If you have any further general game questions, I'd rather answer them in the hub if it's all the same to you. If you're here simply to harass me about something you're not aware…

• I'm not saying "Strong" is a modifier, it's just part of one's role. Strong and Weak Masons differ in their recruitment. Strong recruitment happens no matter what, the crux of that being it's entirely possible to recruit scum and not know their alignment. Weak die if they target scum In truth I'm not certain what a Cop would see upon investigating Sturs, but the Mafia Scum wiki says these two things wrt what Role Cops would see: 1) Goons come back as "Vanilla" 2) Godfather comes back as "Godfath…

• A Role Cop would see that. A regular Cop would only see the alignment. EDIT: Also HollowmanOfEoL wrote: Quote from HollowmanOfEoL: “Still a pretty heavy modifier, that you maybe should bring up? ” KfucOsR.png lol

• Being inducted into Masonry only adds a modifier, it doesn't change your role. Nice try though.

• SacredSturgeon wrote: Quote from SacredSturgeon: “I am a Vanilla Townie - and in all likeliness, the last one remaining~ ” In your words, the most "boring" flavor of Townie. I would know that because I'm Sexy Ryu, the STRONG MASON RECRUITER, and I picked yon babe Night 1. xsk1hmm3vznuyjwpcntu.gif I figure that this is the time to reveal this, now that the Masonry has lost its co-founder and 1/3 of its membership. This isn't to exonerate Sturs, though. Perhaps to some degree, the opposite. We add…

• Honey, if I used direct quotes, I'd be breaking the rules.

• Go for it, bae.