Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 121-160 of 570.
  • I'm sorry but him taking the whole kitchen table away for something that trivial is funny af. My stepmom would probably do something similar if she could get away with it. She even cleans loudly (fucking vacuuming sometimes!) at super late hours like he does too. I understand your pain lol

• @Dark Link Reigns In my experience, discipline is more effective than motivation when it comes to actually exercising/eating right. Looking at fit women on Instagram motivates me to want to go lift, but discipline is what actually gets me into the gym. Once that discipline turns into habit, I don't have to worry about motivation as much. I understand wanting to work out with someone you know, but going alone a few times is better than not going at all even if you have to drag yourself there. And…

• 2 Holden 2 Art

orchid - - Creative Corner

Quote from Holden: “Hmp4SE2.jpg Mara ” Posting to sub and to say that I'm in love with this one ♡_♡

• What food disgusts you?

orchid - - General Chit-Chat

Thanks to two stepmothers that were/are terrible cooks, I can't stand to eat hamburger helper or any pasta with a heavy amount of tomato sauce.

• I used to not like Facebook, but I pretty much have to use it to keep up with my honors society and message certain people. The only problems I really have with it now is the awful Messenger all and how much they keep track of me. I recently downloaded Messenger Lite, but I still haven't found a solution to things I mention strictly in offline conversation popping up in my ad preferences. A lot of people I know don't mess with their settings on it at all, which boggles my mind. I was at a bar wi…

• A Galaxy S6 Gallery

orchid - - Creative Corner

I don't consider myself a photographer and I have no idea how to use professional equipment, but I enjoy taking and editing pictures with my phone on occasion. I don't manipulate any settings on my phone camera (but if you have any experience with this, I wouldn't mind some pointers). To edit my pictures, I use Snapseed and VSCO. This initial post is just a huge dump of some of the pictures I've taken since November 2015. I'll add more as I take them! (Hidden Content) (Hidden Content) (Hidden Co…

• I haven't looked into it too much yet, but from what I've gathered online it's a fitness program designed specfically for females and it emphasizes glutes. Buuut now that I'm looking again, strong curves just is the name of the book and it has 4 different programs in it: 1. Booty-ful Beginnings Program for Beginners 2. Gluteal Goddess Program for Advanced Lifters 3. Best Butt Bodyweight Program (for at home) 4. Gorgeous Glutes Program (lower body only) I always assumed strong curves was the name…

• - being alone in my room with a scented candle lit - submitting an assignment hours/days before the deadline - helping my bf crack his back - charging my phone wirelessly - walking around campus on a sunny day - spending time with my dad - making bulleted lists

• I haven't had a good routine or diet in months due to life and shit happening but I'm planning to get back into it sometime next month. I'm probably going to try out the strong curves program once I can dedicate enough time to the gym. Any ladies here have experience with it or know of any similar programs I could look into?

• Work Stories

I work weekends inside a Papa John's, mostly dealing with carry out customers and taking orders over the phone. In other words, every Friday through Sunday my misanthropy increases significantly. My most recent work story happened last week, and was actually a refreshing change from the usual gross redneck hitting on me or rude/entitled customer. Last week, a woman came in and asked me if we sold toast. She didn't even want anything on it; just wanted a plain piece of toast from a pizza place.

• My friends and I have started playing together on Sundays. Our first couple of games were really short because none of us had played before so we were just testing the waters. We just started a longer, more involved campaign a couple of weeks ago and it's already super fun. The hardest part for us seems to be the roleplaying. Our DM jokes that we're all just playing ourselves -- my best friend is a drunk, one of them is an edgelord, the other is socially awkward, and I flirt with everyone.

• Your Jobs

I work at Papa John's and I really hate it sometimes. We're understaffed right now so I'm having to do like three things at once most nights. Some of the people I work with are pretty lazy, which is frustrating especially when I'm doing my job right in front of them while they're on their phone or something. All of my managers are great though. I'm probably going to ask for a raise soon even though I've only been there for about 6 months. My shift manager/work husband said I could get one easy. …

• My car got broken into when I was downtown last night so now I'm missing all of my notes from this semester, two philosophy textbooks, and my passenger window. And my Blastoise keychain from like 1999. It's like a fresh turd on top of all the other ones life has been dumping on me lately.

• Gonna try to pull off a Daria costume for Halloween this year. All I'm really missing are the bangs. yUUyvvk.jpg

• I would bring my lifting shoes. Aside from workout clothes, they're the only "special equipment" I have (even though they technically are clothing too lol) A foam roller is on my list though!

• The pets of ZU

T6mlxiU.jpg This is Bacchus! We got him as a puppy 6 years ago so he's like a baby brother to me. He's starting to get grey on his chin, but he still acts like he did when we first got him. :') 4hQVnAC.jpg And this is Loki! I usually refer to him as my sweet baby boy, but he's only sweet like 60% of the time. My mom has a buuunch of other pets, but I'm too lazy to list all of them and I don't really consider them mine anyway.

• Socrates-Quote-Discus-Statue.jpg So I see this quote thrown around a lot for fitness motivation, but the lack of citation as always bugged me. It also bugs me when I see it pasted over that painting of Socrates taking the poison but ANYWAY I finally decided to look for the source myself, and I think the actual quote is a lot more motivating than this one. Quote from Xen.Mem.3.12.8: “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become b…

• Under the Spotlight: The Dude!

orchid - - Newbie Central

Who are your favorite directors and why?

• I used to exclusively use Sharpie pens until I tried these. 30547.jpg

• H1xaf1N.jpg Hit a new squat PR of 175 lbs tonight for this kitty.

• To be honest, I don't keep track of it as well as I should. I started in late May, but didn't start taking it seriously until mid June. My trainer is actually my mom's fiance and we do everything from home so it's not super structured. I'm not really following a program or anything, but he competes in men's physique so I assume he knows what he's doing lol

• I did abs last night too! But it wasn't as much as I would have liked because it was almost 1am and I was tired af. Tonight's back/bis. Lately my trainer has moved pretty much everything except really heavy stuff up to 5 sets of 20 and it makes me want to die during the workout but it feels so good the next day. I've actually kind of been slacking for the past week and a half. School, work, and other stresses have just killed my motivation to do anything -- especially training. Having a gym at m…

• Font size changing

orchid - - Help and Feedback

Whenever I post from my phone and delete a line break in my post to connect the paragraphs, the text after the break will change to 12 point font. It's never noticeable until after I've submitted the post because it all shows up the same in the text box. It makes posts look like this, which is annoying. I don't know if there's anything you guys can do about it, but I thought I'd point it out anyway.

• Awky Situations

Like, 95% of my daily life is peppered with awkwardness so it's hard to pick a particular moment. Ummm. I have a really awkward relationship with my fwb's roommate for a few reasons. One of them being related to the bagels he sells at a farmer's market by their house like once a week. They're amazing bagels but I've only bought them whenever he's come home early from the market lol. He hands one to my fwb through like a 5 inch crack in the bedroom door, and then I leave money for him on the kitc…

• Health/Fitness/Wellness Thread

I actually have a tub of that Body Fortress stuff (chocolate flavored) by my desk right now but I think it's expired lol I tried to use it a few times but I just couldn't get over how bad the aftertaste was. My cousin had given it to me because he didn't like it so my experience was a lot like that dead dove scene from Arrested Development.

• Health/Fitness/Wellness Thread

Quote from Aurelia: “so like, yesterday I the gym I did other activities (like flipping tires and whatnot) that i totally forgot to do day 3 abs yesterday. looks like I will torture myself and do day 3 today ” It completely slipped my mind yesterday too so we're both off haha. And flipping tires is Actual Hell. I haven't done it in a while but I definitely don't miss it. Lately I've been ending the day at a bigger calorie deficit than I mean to. I've been thinking about getting some protein powd…

• Subscribing and participating!

• Quote from Kae: “I'm telling you, the Patriot Act is a real problem. I've had conversations about particular things before and Facebook will advertise it same day. It wasn't something I even typed or searched on the computer but it was aware. I think our purchases are connected through bank accounts and other things as well. Just creep-tastic. ” I had a conversation (offline) with a friend about hard water today and I just noticed it under my "Hobbies and Activities". Neat lol Most of mine are a…

• What's Your Go-To Food?

@Cid this kind of cheese! Sometimes it's real cheese; sometimes it's "cheese product".

• What's Your Go-To Food?

Quote from Winnie: “protein Rice Krispie treats ” Those sound amazing omg My go-to meal is scrambled eggs with half a slice of cheese and a bunch of black pepper.

• Quote from ich Will: “I gave up on trying to convince my dad to quit smoking, but I still worry a lot.” Yeah, that's basically the same boat I've been in. I stopped trying to convince him but I still do small things (probably a little passive-aggressive lol) like not let him borrow money if I can tell he's just going to buy cigarettes with it. I'm sure he probably ends up getting some anyway, but at least it wasn't my money contributing, you know? Quote from Mercedes: “Eventually he seriously de…

• So last Tuesday (my birthday lol) my dad had a heart attack in the middle of the night. For some reason, he didn't think it was anything serious and just went about the next few days like everything was fine. I think he had convinced himself he pulled a muscle or something, I don't know. He's a stubborn ass when it comes to seeing a doctor for anything. Saturday night, I get home from work at the exact same time as a fire and rescue guy. My dad's wife just tells me there's an ambulance on the wa…

• While the cache thing is something on the software end, I can't help but thing some of the blame could be placed on Temple as well. Before this we only had the dysfunctional monster that was the previous Temple skin, so Burning Board was the scapegoat for all our problems. Now that we have Throwback, which is still fully functional despite the cache problems, I'm led to believe that this is not purely a system issue. If the 4.1 upgrade doesn't fix the problem, perhaps ZU needs a main skin that d…

• Self Post Positioning in Temple

Quote from Jason: “Part of design is looking past what people say and understanding what they mean.” I study English and literature, which means I analyze what people say all the time. Maybe I can help you with that. In ich Will's post, there was zero mention of the orientation swapping or alignment, simply that everything was cramped. He also used "looking at a list of threads" as his example instead of individual posts, which further supports that he sees the margins as a universal problem rat…

• Quote from ich Will: “The thing that instantly stands out to me as the biggest problem is how crammed stuff is into the center, like when you're looking at a list of threads.” Quote from insaney: “The new temple layout just increases how horrible it uses space. Thumbnails on the index page, the way the posts in threads are laid out (it's squashed further to the center of the skin, and gives you more screen space on the left and right, the way your own post just looks... not uniform at all. In fa…

• Self Post Positioning in Temple

Yeah, I really do not like this either. It causes the posts to not flow as smoothly and calls more attention to the wasted space on the sides. Even my friend, who doesn't use forums/the internet in general very much, said it was off-putting. And like Dolce said, I know what my posts look like because of my avatar. This kind of IM layout would really only make sense if this were a text-only forum.

• "Again, thank you guys. I needed this so much, and I hate to say this too, but I really don’t see why I deserve this when there are countless great ZU members who are more active and more deserving." You do deserve it though!! Like others have said, you're easily one of the most loyal and approachable friends, which says a lot more about you than you realize. Not to sound cheesy as fuck, but you are more than you realize and hopefully this kind of recognition will help you start to see that.

• Former username: Nicolette Former mod stuff: New Members Board - May 2014 to April 2015 Nayru - September 2014 to December 2015

• I've been using it since elementary school so probably around 2002/2003. The most memorable sites I visited as a kid were mathcats, albino blacksheep, and horseland. I didn't really use it a lot -- most of my computer time at home was spent playing Disney/Nickelodeon games or looking at stuff on Encarta Encyclopedia lol It looks like albino blacksheep is the only one of those sites that has changed aesthetically over the years.

• ZU Chat/IM Quotes

orchid - - Community Central

[11:33:49 PM] Ahluk: how is your dong [11:34:13 PM] sierra: My dong is doing well thanks for asking