Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 81-120 of 570.
  • Abortion 2017

orchid - - Serious Discussion

^ I don't consent to the fire burning me if I'm using something that's supposed to protect me from said fire. Edit: at the time of writing this hylianroyal's post would have been above mine lol oops - Laws vary by state, but for the sake of this post I'm using Alabama laws because 1) I live here and 2) I think the contrast between these sets of laws aligns with the current topic of the thread fairly well. I found sources that put the laws in plain language, but the exact wording of the laws can …

• A Galaxy S6 Gallery

orchid - - Creative Corner

A tree right beside the house got stuck by lightning earlier and it was pretty terrifying/neat. I took this picture through a hole in the window caused by flying bark D: PE0idCG.jpg

• My dog's way of showing affection. He pushes his nose between your legs so that he can stand between them, and usually leans on one of them. I can't even be mad when he does it while I'm walking around the kitchen trying to put away groceries.

• Sex and Biological Purpose

Quote from logicalpencils: “Consequences include the loss of ability to create lasting relationships, apathetic attitude towards the creation of life, dramatically increased chance of contracting STD's, loss of empathy, etc. ” Like lysis, I would love to see some evidence/good rationale behind all of this (aside from the std part), especially because all of my experience with casual sex had the opposite effect on me. Casual sex has led me to: • my first serious relationship. We're planning on mo…

• Abortion 2017

What's her choice then? No birth control other than abstinence is 100% effective (even sterilization isn't 100%), so are we supposed to only have sex if we plan to reproduce? That's not much of a choice.

• Abortion 2017

Quote from Baby Seal: “When would she be evil? How is dehumanizing another [inevitable, barring circumstances under no one's control, or specific courses of action on the part of the mother] person for convenience or to save face not evil? Confess is an interesting word choice. ” I would maybe call her evil for having a late term abortion for no good/selfish reasons but I'm not one to judge people that harshly in the first place. She wasn't dehumanizing anything because she had the abortion with…

• Abortion 2017

Quote from Baby Seal: “You want to kill the kid? Kill the kid. There are even good reasons to do kill the kid, as tragic as they may be. But acknowledge that you are kill thing a kid. Not doing so is evil.” My grandmother had an abortion when she was only 2-3 weeks pregnant. I don't think she's evil for not referring to that embryo as her child when she confessed this to me. Quote from Octorocker: “@sierra until women spontaneously become pregnant, I think it's obfuscating to say legislation "ro…

• Abortion 2017

Quote from Baby Seal: “On the other hand they engaged in risky behavior to begin with that made this person, they will be in no pain during the scheduled C-section, and afterwards, they can wash their hands of the baby by putting them up for adoption and never think about them again. ” The emphasized part of your post is kind of a huge misconception about pregnancy, and I think some education on it would make some people a little more sympathetic towards women that choose an abortion over adopti…

• Quote from Cid: “If pharmacies control the dosage and distribution of them, then the user has peace of mind that their drugs were prepared in a safe, controlled environment. ” I'm not sure that having pharmacies in control of these kinds of drugs will do much to alleviate anything negative regarding the use of them. The pharmacy can only control the dosage and distribution to a certain point. There is a lot of prescription drug abuse in my family, and I know the hard way that the pharmacy's infl…

• A Galaxy S6 Gallery

My favorite picture from the Japanese spring festival I went to earlier today: gixk1jS.jpg Others: (Hidden Content)

• Foo's quiz: (Hidden Content)

• Quote from Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak: “If I gave you my thoughts on that, I'd be struck down by the mods. ” I don't think the mods would be the only ones that would take an issue with that.

• I thought we were talking about how, currently, schools that are predominantly not white get less funding than schools in different areas that have a higher number of whites attending. If we want to bring the idea of segregation into it, how is it fair that low-income white kids will get to go to better schools than low-income black kids just because their skin looks different? How does that solve racism?

• Quote from Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak: “The White schools will probably be better off than the Colored schools, but it won't be the White people's fault. ” Maybe not the fault of white people in general, but I'd certainly put the white people in power at fault for it.

• Quote from Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak: “Assuming this is accurate and racism in schools is truly damaging our children's health, would this not be cause for re-segregation? We COULD just launch a program to end racism in schools, but I have a feeling things will go in the opposite direction. ” ...How would re-segregation decrease racism? I can see it leading to so many bad things. The white schools are going to be much better off than the black and Hispanic schools. This is already true in schools t…

• subbing / 8 values: 8values.github.io/results.html?e=69.5&d=77.1&g=87.7&s=78.0

• @Wendolene you look so beautiful!!

• Did anyone else play Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage on N64? I thought it was the coolest game when I was a kid even though I never got very far into it after leaving the castle with my party lmao I didn't have a memory pak for my controller until several years later so I could never save any progress. Objectively, it's a shit game, but finishing it is still on my bucket list.

• Bad Moments in Good Games

orchid - - General Gaming

The last obstacle course in Psychonauts. The whole meat circus level was kinda weird but that part was just god damn frustrating. The controls and the camera just seemed to work against you and the whole time you have to worry about the water rising.

• Quote from Aurelia: “Are you mostly around them whenever you have food with them? ” I don't eat around them very often because I don't visit as much as I should, but we always eat at least one meal together during the day when I am here. It really doesn't make sense though because my boyfriend has a bad habit of chewing with his mouth open and it doesn't bother me at all, even though I get onto him for it anyway lol Quote from Namasle: “I seriously can't stand eating with/around someone who stic…

• Abortion 2017

Quote from logicalpencils: “@sierra does not care whether the child has moral consideration because the mother trumps them anyways (that's my perception, at least - she doesn't talk about the unborn side of the issue really) ” Not quite. I brought up moral consideration for the children when I mentioned that adoption is not an ideal alternative. I also brought up my own grandmother's abortion and how she felt it was the best decision she could make for herself, her family, and the unborn child. …

• I think I have misophonia or something because I get irritated every time I eat around my mom or brother. It's only them though, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. My mom kept scraping her teeth on her fork at dinner tonight and I wanted to die lmao

• Abortion 2017

Quote from logicalpencils: “Choice is not the issue - the man and woman who created the child already made the choice, fully capable of knowing that a child could result from their actions. ” In my first post in this thread I mentioned that even women that have tubal ligations can become pregnant. They have sex with the knowledge that they are supposed to be completely sterile. Why should they be responsible for a child that wasn't supposed to be conceived in the first place? Quote from logicalp…

• Abortion 2017

(Hidden Content)

• LS Photography 2.0

I love the magic realism/Alice in Wonderland vibes this one is giving off! (Hidden Content)

• Quote from LadySunshine: “Well this isn't super helpful but. I started a journal to track my moods - I don't have a picture right now but. It's a grid system and you color each block in every day with either red, yellow, green or blue and you keep track of how they progress over the weeks and months. I just use a hardcover oversized notebook, because I like visibility with these things. ” I've thought about doing something like that in mine. I ran across this mood page the other day and loved it…

• I just recently started watching what I eat again rather than just guessing with portions and such. I definitely wasn't eating unhealthily or anything but I'm paying more attention to minimizing sugar and maximizing lean proteins. My heart broke when I saw how much sugar is in the lattes I get at Dunkin </3

• Quote from Winnie: “Guys with long fingernails and/or greasy hair. Blech. ” You should meet my brother, hahaha. Getting that boy to do anything with his appearance is like pulling teeth with scissors (although he has gotten better since he started dating).

• Quote from Windra: “I use my phone's notes app for that kinda stuff, alongside scraps of paper/ old notebooks, although I do really want a Hobonichi Techo. They're nifty. ” Ooh I've never heard of that notebook but I like it! If I ever get to the point where I want/need full pages for daily entries I'd definitely consider getting one of these.

• Smoking cigarettes.

• Abortion 2017

Quote from Bill: “Why should the government (i.e. the tax payer) be on the hook for people's poor life choices? Unlike economic circumstances, one's decision to engage in sex (outside of rape) is completely within their power. ” I agree that funding an abortion should be on the individual or through donations or something, but I have an issue with the bolded part of your post. Unless you're having sex with a complete disregard for birth control or fertility awareness (which I'm not saying people…

• A Galaxy S6 Gallery

Oh my god Sam did you really just compare my photography to Wes Anderson? I love you ♡

• Journals and Planners and Such

orchid - - General Chit-Chat

jCHg05Dh.jpg Last week I started my own bullet journal because I was tired of keeping notes and lists on random sheets of paper that I end up losing, in my phone where I forget about them, or in my head where I forget about them even more. So far I'm loving it because I can make my pages look however I want and it's easier to hold myself accountable for tasks I could otherwise put off for ages. I'm using this along with a dry-erase calendar that is located right next to my desk and bedroom door.…

• I'm working on a ~collaborative learning project~ in my sociology of science/technology class and my job is compling other people's summaries of sections of a book into a cohesive 2-3 paper. One person gave me their part of it handwritten, which I thought was going to be awful to deal with but she actually wrote well and cited everything she needed to. The other guy sent me a long, double-spaced paragraph which I thought was going to be super easy to just copy and paste, edit a little, and then …

• This is on-topic with representation, but off-topic with the race discussion and it's also completely anecdotal BUT My boyfriend and I took my 7 year old brother and his niece and nephews to see the new Power Rangers movie a couple of weeks ago. After the movie, the kids were in the car saying who would be which Ranger and my little brother says, "Sierra couldn't be the red Ranger because girls can't be in charge." I obviously corrected him real quick lol Just because Hollywood is a business and…

• Your Favorite Food?

orchid - - General Chit-Chat

Teriyaki salmon with brown rice and veggies is one of my favorite meals. My mom also makes these sweet potato patties that are basically dessert on a dinner plate, even though I don't think she even adds anything to them.

• Hi ZU - it's been awhile since I've shown my actual face around here. My boyfriend took me out on a late bday date yesterday and we somehow managed to take a decent picture together. They usually turn out awful lol 15QPKcU.jpg ♡

• A Galaxy S6 Gallery

Thank you! I don't mind you using them at all

• A Galaxy S6 Gallery

I had to read Derrida today so it seemed appropriate to also take a picture of a bunch of dense rocks. 7cOyylC.jpg

• A Galaxy S6 Gallery

Taking a break from a paper to show off my amateur, basic-bitch-with-a-smartphone skills again. UzpLCjW.jpgOriginal picture for comparison, just because: i.imgur.com/8AFmLS1.jpg It's hard for homebodies like me to find cool things to take pictures of lol, but I plan to go out more now that the weather is warmer/semester is almost over. Making flowers look prettier is a nice way to relax though (even if they aren't very interesting subjects). Thanks again for looking!