Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 201-240 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Whatcha want *right now*

Hoju - - General Chit-Chat

One of the Cherry Pepsis in my mini fridge next to me. I'm actually going to get one right now.

• Quote from Tead: “Good! Now I can know that I am younger..... Than someone.... Though, I do not feel old usually. Hey! Tead. ” You're one of the few here that actually have more than a decade on me

• Quote from Tead: “Quote from TruEdge67: “Sweet. I've gotten 5 years younger. ” I have just become 25 years younger! Hello Nayru! Tead. ” I officially decomission my title as old man Hoju and bestow it upon you. Old man Tead

• I still have a working CRT TV I bought sometime in the 2000s era. I have all my old consoles from hooked up to it. Regarding input lag. For any 1080p gaming, I've been mostly gaming on my gaming monitor over my TV. I'm noticing too much lag on my TV. Though it is an older model TV. I haven't perceived any input lag on my monitor though. it's a 144hz gaming monitor so it's built for low input lag.

• I think Double Dragon 2 was the only Double Dragon game that worked that way with the controls. I've played all the old school Double Dragon games and you simply attacked in the direction you face. You'd have a punch button and kick button. I've always loved the side scrolling beat 'em up games. edit: I'm currently queuing for dungeons in FFXIV.

• I'm torn on coming back to WoW. I stopped during Mists of Pandaria. Just got burnt out on the grind. But I do feel the pull to come back, lol. I have logged in and run around a bit with my level 90 death knight. But I also resubbed for a month on FFXIV. So I'll see which game wins, lol.

• Well high five to all the other old farts here that look much younger than their actual age. We will forever be the envy of our highschool friends who probably look way older

• Quote from FroyoDragon: “Oh dear lord lol, gaming with my mom. It can actually be kinda fun to play with your parents IMO! ...my mom always destroyed me in Wii Sports Bowling :V ” Nice! My parents were never big into gaming. Maybe my mom played the old Atari 2600 when I was a child? lol. I actually got my dad to briefly play some Delta Force on PC around 10 years ago. He used to be in the military reserves so running around like a sniper was quite appealing to him. And of course the wife and I p…

• I love the Dark Souls series. Even when you're not progressing you can just join some coop/pvp matches and wreak havoc. And yes, this is me in this glorious gank squad taking people out as they invade. youtube.com/watch?v=RtCZENUS56g

• Best Childhood Memories

Quote from Takanuva: “You know, you could always try and pick it up again. I read somewhere that when adults look at clouds in the sky, they don't think of what they look like, or imagine anymore. They just see clouds. It's possible to regain that spark, or to maintain it. You don't need to lose it. Don't be afraid to dream or think crazy things, just have fun along the way! That said, my childhood wasn't necessarily the best for a multitude of reasons. If I had to pick a favorite memory, it'd b…

Miss how creative and artistic I used to be. I drew almost my entire childhood. I'd create characters based off video games I liked, I'd draw little comics. I'd always be drawing. I think once I picked up guitar at around 18 years old I just stopped never kept drawing. Those were some fond memories though. Chilling out with a sketch book in my hand.

• Whatcha want *right now*

Something to snack on before I go to bed.. hmm... I don't know what exactly yet though

• Quote from TwinsUltra64: “Quote from Euphoria: “This thread was the first thing I saw when I logged in today, for the first time in over a year. It seems like the last time I was properly active was around 2010. I joined in 2006 as TingleMauler, then I was Sweet Simplicity, then this. I recognise quite a few names in here, which is sweet. I spent essentially all of the years 2006-2009 in the BA. That's where I learned to write, and learned what community means. It's fascinating that, like a lot …

• Was cooping Halo 4 with the wife and another gaming couple we know online.

• Quote from Kae: “♫ If you could master any instrument on earth, what would it be? ♫” Still working on mastering the guitar \m/

• I last saw Metallica last summer. I've seen them a few times before then too. Those guys still put on a wicked show. if you like metal and video game music, you need to listen to Powerglove. It's like listening to my childhood but in glorious and absolutely kick ass heavy metal. I have many great concert memories. One of the coolest was being at the Strapping Young Lad dvd shoot. So naturally, I ended up on the dvd I usually try to go front row for most shows, so i've experienced having crowd su…

• Quote from Sharia for the UK: “Quote from Hoju: “Age is just a number.. I'll keep telling myself that.. lol ” I told my co-worker that I was 26 and he went "Damn, Nigga! You old!" I thought it was cool that he thought I was closer to 21 or something, but lame that I have to accept that I am now old. Young and tall enough to always get the hard jobs at work, but too old to be cool anymore. ” I throw people off all the time. I have one of those baby faces that has me still me showing ID at the rip…

• I nearly forgot about this. Last year at Disneyland my family had a caricature done. My son insisted he be drawn as a porg.. haha

• I do have the new Doom. I've only played maybe an hour of it though.. haha. It's on my list. Damn Steam backlog.. haha. I have a problem of having limited time to play and major gaming indecisiveness.

• Age is just a number.. I'll keep telling myself that.. lol

• I might pull the trigger on the Wolfenstein The New Order and Old Blood pack. I've been good and not spend much (or anything) on the last few steam sales.

• Quote from Don Saltine: “Wow, you people are old. ” Get off my lawn!

• What shows have you been to? Too many to count. I'm mostly into metal, so of course, I've seen Metallica, Slayer, Pantera and all sorts of other metal bands. I've also seen other artists from completely different genres like Josh Groban, Back Street Boys (my wife dragged me, haha), Andre Rieu etc.. I've been concert goer since 2000 when I first saw Iron Maiden. What shows do you have tickets to, that are coming up? Powerglove! August 21 in Vancouver. What show was your favorite: why? Very hard t…

• Quote from Pietro: “Anyways, I just wanted to post that because it was striking when I realized this was coming up last week. Now go back to talking about your Yugiohs or trucker caps or whatever the hell you kids like. ” Post away my friend. I'll be making some sort of loud proclamation when I hit 20 years lol.

• Quote from Pietro: “On June 24th it is my 15 year anniversary on ZU. I expect a tithe of 15% of your yearly salary as tribute, to mark this momentous occasion. ” My 15th year ZU anniversary was last year. Can I get a cut?

• In all seriousness, what the heck is happening in the US? Trump playing hard ball with Canada when Canada is their biggest ally, shaking hands with and praising dictators, now children being snatched from asylum seekers.

• My console gaming is split pretty evenly between digital and physical media, usually whichever is cheaper. PC, of course, all digital.

• How's your commute?

About 30 minutes in the morning. About 45 minutes back in the afternoon due to traffic. I carpool with my wife in the morning and she starts work later so I'm sometimes waiting up to an hour for her to finish. So that is sometimes nearly 2 hours waiting to get home. We're hoping to move closer to work in a few months.

• This is much shorter than what is posted above me, but here goes. We live in a society of male entitlement, letting men off the hook for inappropriate behavior, and shaming men for not fitting into typical masculine standards If you're nice to her then she should give you a chance If she rejects him, don't give up trying to woo her, she's playing hard to get That boy sitting behind you in class who's snapping your bra and pestering you despite you telling him to go away, he just likes you, you s…

• Who was here around 2006-2010ish?

Quote from HeroOfTime5: “Quote from Hoju: “I've been on and off since 2002. My old avatar was an upclose shot of James Hetfield. ” I just checked the members list and you are actually the 4th oldest member here by registration date. I suppose ZU deleted accounts of people that were spam or haven't posted in ages? ” I'm guessing there was a purge of some sort. I kind of wish I was more active here in the past. I used to be very active in other Zelda communities but those are long gone now.

• Decided to get Forza Horizon 3 during Microsoft's e3 sale. I'm loving the open world racing concept. Still retains some sim like controls but doesn't feel like a total arcade racer either. Lot of fun to just chill and tear it up around town.

Arcades. There used to be this really good one in a mall nearby my house. It had all greatest 90s arcade games. Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Killer Instinct, Daytona USA, so many great classics. Cartoons. I know I already said it earlier but it's worth mentioning again. The era of Saturday morning cartoons was a wonderful era. My childhood gaming room. When my parents and I moved to a bigger house, we had this nice backroom which pretty much became my gaming room. It was very simple, just a co…

• I think I had too much sun yesterday. But it was a fun day at the water park with my family. Fortunately I'm not badly burned (mild sunburn) despite the lack of sunscreen I put on. It was mostly cloudy during the first half of the day. The sun came out full force during the last few hours. Now to keep hydrated and try and kill this headache.

• I've been on and off since 2002. My old avatar was an upclose shot of James Hetfield.

Oh man, where to start... Saturday morning cartoons are big one for me. And it wasn't just Saturdays, it was before school, after school, Sundays. So many great cartoons to watch. Just my cereal and cartoons. I miss those days. If this thread picks up, I shall contribute more lovely memories.

• Gaming with the kiddos.

• Quote from Tead: “Hey @Hoju! Hello Zelda Universe! Tead. ” Hey Tead! How are you doing these days?

• Not sure if would be appropriate to call me only "Ho" or "Ju"...

• Ugh.. allergies... I never used to get them this bad when I was younger.

• I'm still praising the sun and enjoying every moment of it.