Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 281-320 of 360.
  • OoT3D - 3D or 2D?

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

I do not own the game, but I have played it a few times and no matter what I do the 3D just does not work. All I get is a blurry picture. When 3D is turned off, I get a beautifully remastered Ocarina of Time. 2D for me.

• Quote from silver arrow: “PS3 can do 3D?” Yes, but the games have to be specifically made for it and you need a 3DTV (and silly glasses). I have both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus for my PS2, but I haven't spent nearly enough time with Ico. I hunted down a copy after finishing Shadow of the Colossus, but it's mostly just a trophy on my shelf. Shadow of the Colossus is a fantastic game. I wish Zelda would learn from it. I'm watching The Last Guardian. Right now it's the only reason I'd ever cons…

• Quote from Zeldablue777: “The next generation is going to be dumb as balls then. Zelda isn't a game for the easily confused. It's not a game for people who have short attention spans. I realize the problem is just something all major developers do to keep fans playing...but it's a disappointment that even a game like Zelda has to be streamlined and easy so that their precious players don't get lost. What people in the 80's had to deal with was ridiculous. Now that was dedication and patience rig…

• Melora here, hello!

Joshua - - Newbie Central

What a pleasant surprise. It's good to see you out-and-about in the Zelda community. I'm looking forward to History of Hyrule's relaunch next year!

• I remember exploring in the older Zelda titles, but I honestly don't expect to see it any more. It's not a matter of intentionally making games easier. Nintendo is designing games for the upcoming generation of gamers. We're all existing fans who love the Legend of Zelda, but the oldest Zelda fans are grandparents at this point. It's not a surprise that Nintendo choose to cater to a younger generation because they are the ones that will keep the series going for the next 25 years. The industry h…

• Wind waker remake for 3DS

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

I love The Wind Waker and I'd love to have every Zelda game in a portable format for my enjoyment, but I don't think we need to remake every Zelda game for the 3DS just because we can. I'd rather them include Gamecube games on the WiiU virtual console and sell it to me there.

• A Link to the Past: Any tips?

Joshua - - Classic Zelda

I just cleared that dungeon on my latest play through today on my lunch break. The Palace of Darkness can be extremely frustrating because there are tons of keys to find. Without knowing something specific that you are having trouble with I can only suggest things similar to what has already been said: find the heart pieces, get the bottles and the bug net. As soon as the clear the Palace of Darkness, you can get the flute to teleport around the Light World - get it. The pieces of heart are ever…

• OoT as LttP's Back Story?

Joshua - - Theorizing

I place A Link to the Past on the same split as Twilight Princess. I do believe Ocarina of Time was intended to be the backstory originally, but it has since changed. I believe Four Swords Adventures fits that role best, and I only believe that if I must choose a game to be the event (regardless, I believe Four Swords Adventures belongs just before A Link to the Past). Otherwise, I would put the Imprisoning War as an event of its own that isn't depicted in any game.

• Your Childhood Zelda Memories...

Joshua - - General Zelda

I received a Super NES at Christmas when I was five. Two months later, I turned six and shortly after that I found A Link to the Past and Star Fox at a pawn shop. They became my 4th and 5th video games. Back then, my dad played all of our games first (probably to find out if they were appropriate), but he couldn't figure out what to do at the very beginning of the game. I had a baby sitter from church who had shown me Zelda before, but I hadn't played it myself. I ask her how to get in the castl…

• It honestly still amazes me how many people are still against voice acting. Modern video games have it, and the Legend of Zelda need to be a modern video game. Zelda has always been a pioneer for the industry, but when it comes to voice acting the series is behind everyone else. Zelda should have been one of the first games with voice acting.

• Sure, I'd love to see the Twili and the Twilight Realm in another Zelda game, but I don't want them to become "common races" seen on a regular basis. The Twilight Realm is already established as a place disconnected from Hyrule that is not accessible to the people living in Hyrule. If it returns, there needs to be a clear reason and the goal should remain the same as before: get rid of it. I'd love to see the back story elaborated on, but it leaves little room for a Hero to be involved.

• As poor as the writing is, Mafoofoo is right. The idea of a collector's edition sold along side a regular edition just isn't how Nintendo does things. They are either going to sell the collector's edition to everyone (making it not very special) or not have one at all.

• I'm not convinced the hat is relevant. I also need to read up on the Skyward Sword related quotes more, but I just reminded myself about the Wind Tribe in The Minish Cap. As I said before, we really need the context from Skyward Sword to put some of this together. Specifically, I'd like to know of The Wind Tribe and Skyloft are connected in some way. Of course, this only works if you believe that Aonuma only intended to say that Skyward Sword is before Ocarina of Time; not that Skyward Sword is …

• CANADA

Joshua - - General Chit-Chat

Newfoundland: because it's fun to say.

• Ocarina of Time was not confirmed to be the first game in the series prior to Skyward Sword's release. There are comments stating that Four Swords was meant to be the first game (before Ocarina of Time) and that places The Minish Cap before Ocarina of Time as well. That said, things do change. Skyward Sword is suppose to lead in to Ocarina of Time, but until we actually get to play the game we won't know if the game leaves room for The Minish Cap (and possibly Four Swords) between them.

• I would have said veggies if you hadn't included fruit. I eat tons of fruit. Neither is the correct answer.

• Probably because there is an entire board dedicated to this.

• Why doesn't Zelda have siblings?

Joshua - - General Zelda

I'd never really thought about it before, but this raises the question of how the royal bloodline continues at all. I suppose you could fall back on the idea of them simply not being relevant to the games, so they aren't mentioned. Heck, you could even say the princes aren't born until after the game is over.

• The Book of Mudora

Joshua - - General Zelda

This is a cool idea, but it isn't Nintendo's style at all. It's sad, but they don't make a habit of releasing cool extra products like you have proposed. We got a "history of Link" poster on Club Nintendo. That's about as close as you're gonna get.

• Roc in skyward sword

Joshua - - Theorizing

The term "roc" came from mythology, but it's already appeared in the Legend of Zelda series plenty of times. Kargoroc Helmaroc King I know assumptions tend to be back in Zelda theories, but I had always assumed that Roc's Feather and Roc's Cape came from the bird enemies.

• Quote from beccathestrange: “ I'd like to point you to Minish Cap, where Ezlo did not take over the plot as much as Midna even though he was the title character.” I just have to point this out because a lot of people do it and it drives me nuts. Ezlo is not "The Minish Cap" in the same way that Midna is the "Twilight Princess." Yes, Ezlo is a Minish and he gets turned into a cap, but the actual Minish Cap is a magically hat similar to the Triforce (in that it grants wishes) that was created by E…

• We have no proof that Moonfall will actually end up with us having Majora's Mask. Look at Operation: Rainfall. Same support from fans, but no positive response from Nintendo. Likewise, I wouldn't take Miyamoto's comment about ALTTP so seriously. They may remake it, but they don't have to remake it for the 3DS. I think it's much more likely that the next 3DS Legend of Zelda game will be a new one.

• The Words of Kaepora Gaebora

Joshua - - Classic Zelda

The text makes it clear that Kaepora Gaebora knows that Link is able to travel through time. He's simply joking about it. As for "surprised to see me," it's because you haven't seen him in so long, technically. Prior to this meeting, the last time you see him is before entering Zora's River. It's likely you've completed the Forest, Fire, Water, and Shadow Temples (not to mention Jabu Jabu) since you last saw him. It's also part of the "7 years" joke.

• It view on the subject really depends on the circumstances. I've known people with an R4 who simply download whatever they want to avoid purchasing anything. That's just stealing as far as I'm concerned. On the other hand, I have purchased a Japanese copy of MOTHER3 and a European copy of Terranigma. I can play MOTHER3 on my Gameboy, and have done so, but I cannot speak Japanese. So, I prefer to play it with a ROM and the English patch. Terranigma cannot be played on an American Super Nintendo, …

• What's Your Name?

I'm not telling you my name.

• Do you want Ganon/dorf in SS?

Joshua - - Future Zelda

Considering how Skyward Swords fits into the timeline, I think it would be inappropriate for Ganondorf to appear. Ocarina of Time tells is the beginning of Ganondorf's story (aside from his birth and childhood). I prefer that there be only one Ganondorf in the timeline. There is no reason that other villains cannot become a regular part of the Legend of Zelda series. I just wish they would create a villain that lasts more than one game. Vaati was a great start, but his story isn't nearly as comp…

• Quote from Maikeru Shinigami: “Favorite: The entirety of the Arbiter's Grounds + Stallord battle. I love the spinner. Least Favorite: The fact the spinner wasn't used more. Hoping it will be in another Zelda game at some point. Collecting tears of light.” This exactly. They could have sold me The Legend of Zelda: Arbiter's Grounds and it would have been $60 well spent.

• OMGWTFBBQ Triforce can talk!?

Joshua - - General Zelda

I had never really considered this, but A Link to the Past did establish early on that the Triforce can "speak." The game actually says that the "Essence of the Triforce" is speaking, which could mean something completely different. I was curious, so I found some definitions (read: Googled it) of the word "essence," and this one caught my attention: "A property or group of properties of something without which it would not exist or be what it is." "Something" could be the goddesses. As with most…

• 3DS free software! Return of MC

Joshua - - Classic Zelda

I'm concerned about the free GBA downloads not being publicly available. I'm hoping that "we currently have no plans" means they just haven't scheduled when to release the games yet. In the event that the games truly never are released to purchase, I'm glad The Minish Cap isn't on the list. I'd love for it to be available on the virtual console, but I'd like it available to everyone.

• Well it would appear that a couple years ago when I registered I decided that using my last name was a good idea as opposed to one of my typical screennames (Sheik or Yumil). So, that's where my name comes from.

• I've never considered it underrated. It's usually listed among fan favorites (mine included).

• ZU Valentines Thread

I don't have a Valentine, and I never have, but this is the first year that I'm trying to get one. I decided that since I'm 17 now it might be a good time to think about getting a girlfriend.

• I'm not very good at frames so I won't mess with that, but as for centering, if you are using the transitional DTD then these are the easiest ways: Source Code (3 lines) If you are using strict DTD then I know that <center> won't work. The others may be deprecated as well. Strict DTD likes for you to use CSS for all formatting. If you are using frameset DTD, and it sounds like you are, then <center> should work fine. As for border color. There is a way to do it, but I don't believe it's one of t…

• halo3

Joshua - - General Gaming

I don't keep upto date with much non-Nintendo stuff, but I heard back in November in an interview with a Bungie guy that right now Bungie isn't working on a Halo 3. They were gonna stop and work on something else for a while, then maybe go back to Halo later. I played Halo 2 and I really don't see what's so great about it. I played the first one a couple times and Halo 2 just seemed like more of the same thing. Multiplayer is fun, but it's just another ordinary FPS, nothing special about it.

• Nintendo V-Pocket?

Quote from I Mack: “There is no Online DS, there is a cordless multiplayer than can go to about a 100 foot distance max, but no Online DS. Not yet anyways...or at least I hope they make one. But yeah, I suppose it could be Play-Yan, but I still stick with my previous arguement: Japan is trying to keep it limited for Japan, and not America.” LOOK IT UP! I've kept up to date with Nintendo DS specs and info since before it was shown to the world at E3 last year and I bought one the day it came out.…

• No matter what Mario game I play, Mario is always my favorite because it's a Mario game and you are supposed to play Mario in Mario games.

• Metroid Zero Mission question

I dunno, it might be possible, I've never tried to get out, I just assumed you couldn't.

• Staff Wanted!

Joshua - - Advertising

Quote from Poseidon: “Sorry man, I'm already a staff of three different sites, I like them though! Oh, and Happy Birthday!!!” Thanks for the uh...birthday compliment thingy...

• Capcom & Nintendo Together Again

Joshua - - Future Zelda

Quote from lord-of-shadow: “This is horrible news. Flagship has never made a truly great Zelda game. I'd rather have no Zelda game than another mediocre one.” I consider Minish Cap the greatest Zelda game since Ocarina of Time. I don't know what is it, but something about it just held my attention and I played it over and over and over. The last Zelda game that really held on to me like that is Ocarina of Time. This is great news, I hope they continue the Vaati storyline.

• Staff Wanted!

Joshua - - Advertising

Ok, I have two websites and each one could use some hard working staff. The one that needs staff the most is Lindquist-Conlan Gaming. You can find a link in my sig. The website mainly consists of reviews for any game released on any Nintendo console. But it also contains strategy information for The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, & Final Fantasy (the site mainly covers Nintendo only, but the FF section is the exception we plan on covering all the FF games eventually. If you would like to help out wit…