Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 241-280 of 360.
  • Least Favorite Dungeon in OOT?

Joshua - - Classic Zelda

I really enjoy the game, so it's hard for me to pick a dungeon I don't like, but I agree that the Fire Temple is probably the least exciting. The Shadow Temple would be "second least favorite" for me. I love the atmosphere of the Shadow Temple, but the actual dungeon design is not my favorite.

• I don't think it's impossible that we'll see another 2D game, but I don't think it will be soon. Just recently we heard that Miyamoto actually wants to take 2D games and make them 3D games (A Link to the Past was specifically mentioned). That said, I completely agree with The Minish Cap being wonderful. And for the record, Capcom was involved with The Minish Cap. I was just playing it a few hours ago.

• I had already beaten A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening by the time Ocarina of Time was released. I believe I had also played The Legend of Zelda and The Adventure of Link on my cousin's NES, but I did not own an NES at the time. I first watched Ocarina of Time played on November 23, 1998 (launch day). I went with my cousin (a couple of years older than me) to Toys R Us to pick up his reserved copy. We then went back to his house and I watched him play the game all night - went to sleep - a…

• New Zelda-Themed 3DS Edition

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

I wish more neat things like this ended up in the United States. If I recall correctly, there was a Zelda GBA SP released with The Minish Cap that was only in Europe as well.

• Firefox, please stop.

Joshua - - General Chit-Chat

Quote from Aniday: “FF8 is a little better for me than 7 was. 7 used an exorbitant amount of my processor but 8 is using a more reasonable amount. The other little improvements they did were nice, too.” I've used pretty much every browser there is, but I always end up back with Firefox before long. The reason I end up switching is always because of the memory it uses and how slow it starts up. I'm glad to see things getting better. Chrome is an instant start on my machine. I'd like to see Firefo…

• I'll begin with the entire first person shooter genre. I just cannot find anything to like about any of them. The only first person shooter I ever really enjoyed was Goldeneye 007 on the Nintendo 64, and nowadays I only play that with cheats on. The only first person shooter I've ever managed to beat was Halo 1 and I only managed that playing co-op with a friend who had beaten the game countless times. Vagrant Story isn't the most widely known game (especially nowadays), but it's a critically ac…

• What You Don't Like About SS

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

I'm actually very surprised. There's only one thing I'm not looking forward to, and only one other person has mentioned it so-far. You cannot save wherever you want. I'm not sure what made them thing that save points was the way to go. It's sorta nice that if I die I can end up back in the middle of the dungeon instead of the entrance, but I'd rather be able to save at any moment and take a few minutes to walk through the portion I already completed. There is only one other Zelda game with a sav…

• Quote from Brad: “On the topic of Ganondorf, am I the only one hoping to see him as a child? His backstory isn't clear at all and I'd like to shed more light on him, maybe as a side-story to the main plot.” I hope they show something regarding Ganondorf and the Gerudo. They said that the end of the game leads right into Ocarina of Time; I've assumed that means that the origins of the villain will be explained.

• Japanese site updated! 11/04

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

Quote from WhiteYoshi: “i kinda love how they (almost) make the map nearly geographically correct to OOTs overworld map rather then TPs map. you can really tell this is a prequel to OOT and i love it =D. i mean its not exactly correct, but its close enough for me. for example left side dessert area=gerudo dessert before the gerudos inhabited it. right side forest area=kokiri forest and the giant tree seems to almost bee in the same location as the deku tree? top area=death moutint. and the cente…

• It's hard for me to pick one. It's a great game either way, but the DX version does have more content so I suppose that would be my answer.

• Favorite Zelda Item

Joshua - - General Zelda

My favorite item is the Mole Mitts from The Minish Cap. I'm a big fan of items that don't show up often in general. The Hookshot is cool, but I found it a lot more interesting when I first found it in A Link to the Past...when I was 6. Skyward Sword Spoiler Below (Hidden Content)

• I have done this, but it was a very long time ago and isn't worth doing if you're just after a fairy.

• a48bb970137447a0dc25_1.jpg

• Which fonts do you like?

Joshua - - General Chit-Chat

I like this topic I dislike Comic Sans and Papyrus primarily because they are overused and used for the wrong sort of thing. You can find Comic Sans on just about anything, but it really ought to be used only for what the name implies: comics. The same thing also applies to Copperplate, but to a lesser extent (I'll actually agree to using Copperplate when I think it's appropriate). As for fonts I like, I'm actually a big fan of Myriad and Minion (which are basically the default Adobe sans-serif …

• 25th Anniversary interviews?

Joshua - - Help and Feedback

I know we had a couple guys at the concert, and I know there is video, but I don't think we've decided what to do with it yet. I can safely say it is not already uploaded or posted anywhere.

• Honestly, the idea that they were prostitutes never occurred to me, but I could see how someone would come to that conclusion. A quick Google search directed me to a Zelda Wiki article. zeldawiki.org/Healing_Lady The page mentions a "Healing Lady" who appeared in one of the comic books. It specifically mentions that her healing powers were not enough to heal her injured son. The comic books probably aren't canon, but it does seem to imply that the women have magical abilities. Regardless, it app…

• Standard enemies: too easy?

Joshua - - Future Zelda

Quote from TheGhostOfMandrag: “ Yeah, no game has ever revamped combat. Adventure of Link, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Minish Cap, and Phantom Hourglass totally didn't revamp combat even a little.” I believe RamblingJosh said Skyward Sword was introducing a combat system no other game had done - not that no game had ever changed the combat before. As for the topic, I fully expect the game to be more difficult than Twilight Princess. There most certainly will be a learning curve involved a…

• OoT3D DLC- yes or no?

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

I have nothing against DLC as long as I get the full game experience without it. Ocarina of Time will never have DLC. The Legend of Zelda series could if they continue down the same path they are starting with Skyward Sword. I'm referring to upgrading equipment. Nintendo could make a couple silly, completely optional, items and/or item upgrades and sell them for a couple bucks.

• Quote from Spidy: “i cant even remember any dungeons in that game except the ocean king .-. maybe i should play it again” This is exactly what I was thinking. I vaguely remember the Ghost Ship and another dungeon that with a little Goron buddy...but that's it. lol.

• A Link to the Past The Minish Cap Link's Awakening In that order. If you'd rather have a newer, easier to find game then play Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. They are both great, but I really preferred the not-touch based Zelda.

• My phone isn't entirely Zelda ringtones, but it is mostly (the others are from other games, for example I've got a Star Fox and Metroid tone for certain friends who like those games a lot) My general ringtone is the Requiem of Spirit Anyone from work is the song that plays in Mayor Dotour's office Mom is Minuet of Forest Dad is Bolero of Fire Wife is Serenade of Water Bro 1 is Item Get Bro 2 is Stone Tower Temple and....I think that's it.

• Generally speaking, huge story spoilers aren't leaked until very close to the game's release or after. Regardless, it doesn't ruin anything for me and I enjoy the game just as much. If anything, it just makes me more excited to play it. So, no, I don't intentionally avoid spoilers. However, in the case of Skyward Sword I just happen to not know a whole lot. I've seen the intro and screenshots and read some of the details released from magazines, but I've watched very few videos because I am a ve…

• Something nasty

Joshua - - Classic Zelda

Quote from OneHungryHippo: “As for this, I wonder why Nintendo didn't design legs?” I'm no expert on game design, but I'm fairly certain this is/was a more common occurance than many people think. There wasn't supposed to be a legitimate way to see behind the counters in these areas. By not designing legs they saved the time it would take to design something that didn't matter the tiniest bit. It probably also freed up some space on the cartridge (however little it may be) to put something else …

• I'll add a voice to what has already been said: Finish the Lakebed Temple. At the very least, finish Abiter's Grounds (the next dungeon). It may be right in the middle of one of the most love it/hate it Zelda games ever made, but I think many people will agree with me when I say it's one of the best dungeons ever put in a Zelda game. Twilight Princess starts off at a snail's pace and doesn't truly pick up until after you've found the Master Sword.

• There is a Piece of Heart in Kakariko Village that made me feel like a moron. It's above the cave you bomb open. You have to use a bomb arrow to blow away a rock and then use the Clawshot to grab the Piece of Heart. Now, being a Legend of Zelda veteran, I was absolutely certain that using the Clawshot would not work. I was so certain, I didn't even try. I'd done it a million times in A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask. The Hookshot simply would not bring a Piece of Heart to y…

• Four swords dsiware

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

Quote from Cinder: “I thought after the free download period was over nintendo is pulling it off the dsi & E shop?” I don't think Nintendo has really been clear about it at this point. Originally, I thought it would be removed, but I think that would be a really stupid move. This is a really good game and it would be a shame if it was unavailable for players in the years to come. I really hope they leave it up, but put a price tag on it.

• I received the game on Christmas Day 1998 (though I may have actually played it earlier; I know I watched it being played). I was 10.

• Wait. Did Blake just say his favorite dungeon is the Temple of the Ocean King? While I'm a huge fan of the Spirit Temple as well, I'm going throw in my vote for Arbiter's Grounds. If only every dungeon in Twilight Princess were so masterfully designed.

• Huh, I never noticed the SMB3 World 3 song before. That's definitely the Fairy Fountain. As for the Song of Storms, I'm listening to ZREO's version of the rain song now and I hear the rhythm that matches the Song of Storms, but it's not even close to the right notes. If you listen to the original song from the game, you hear it even less. In other words, while the rhythm of the songs may be similar, I don't think one inspired the other.

• The only place I can suggest is Zelda Reorchestrated. They've redone The Wind Waker credits theme more than once.

• I love Fable and I've played Fable 2 to death, but I have no idea what "scenes" you are referring to. Fable has the same kinds of cut scenes that the Legend of Zelda series already has.

• Some sort of pause menu in SS?

Joshua - - Future Zelda

Honestly, if you're at a game convention and just stood in line for an hour to play a short, timed demo of a video game then why on earth would you pause?

• I live in Texas, and I like Rick Perry as our governor. However, I'm not yet convinced he would be a good president. I'm watching him a lot closer than any of the other Republican candidates because so far he's the only one that even has the slightest chance of me wanting to vote for him. If I had to vote right now and my choice was Perry or Obama, I'd choose Perry, but it would still feel like I was picking the "lesser of two evils". Right now, I just don't like anyone in the presidential race.

• Passing Zelda Down

Joshua - - General Zelda

Age doesn't matter. I began passing down Zelda to my little bro when he was a toddler. Once he could talk, he used to ask me almost every day to "go kill Ganondorf" (referring to Ocarina of Time). Ocarina of Time is a perfect starting point. If he gets stuck, he has a brother to help him.

• Re-release Oracle Ages/Seasons

Joshua - - Classic Zelda

I'm all for either a full all remake/rerelease or a virtual console release. One thing I loved about my Gamecube was that until Phantom Hourglass was released I could play every single Zelda game on it. I still have my Gamecube, but nowadays I don't keep it hooked up. I'd really like for a newer platform to have the same capabilities.

• Is Oot3D a completely new game?

Joshua - - General Zelda

The game feels new with the updated visuals and interface, but it's the same game as always.

• I can confirm that the Minish does move into a brand new house located inside the brand new house Gorman builds. He gets a fancy new house for free!

• what the hell ads

Joshua - - Help and Feedback

I did see this a few minutes ago and was wondering what was up. I'll mention it to the others. Is it happening often?

• The Ghost Man

Joshua - - Classic Zelda

I'm surprised that so many people agree that he is the guard. Before reading this thread, I had never heard that theory or even bothered to wonder who the guy was. I always assumed he was just the guy they put there to buy poes.

• Hello my fellow videogamers

Joshua - - Newbie Central

Welcome! It's a pleasure to have you in the Universe.