Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 201-240 of 360.
  • Graphic Style: The Good And Bad

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

I still think a lot of people don't understand the the blurriness is intended. Yes, that is partially an excuse for the weakness of the hardware. When you look at an area in the distance, it looks like a painting. I think it's beautiful. When you're closer to the same objects, they are clearer, but the textures are still blurry as if someone all of the walls with very short strokes. I agree that sometimes it looks muddy up close, but I'm impressed that they pulled this off all the same. I also a…

• Your "Oh! Duh." moments in SS

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

When I got to the Skyview Temple, I spent a good 15 minutes running around trying to find the crystal-switch to open the second door...and that was after I read the tablet that said "one switch is above, one is below." Man, I felt like an idiot. In the Ancient Cistern, with the "order of the temple" door, I was puzzled for a few minutes and had to keep running back and forth. I thought I had it figured out, but it wasn't working. Turns out, I was looking at the statue wrong - I was using his lef…

• Fastest way to earn money

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

Quote from pj777: “Go to skyloft and catch every blue butterfly in sight. Once you got 10-20+ butterflies, go to your room and sleep until night. Find...was his name Stretch? I dunno, that tall, blonde, dumb looking guy who always hung around groose. Anyways, find him in his room and he buys certain bugs every night. Go to sleep every night until he wants to buy the butterflies and sell them to him. He buys each bug for 20 rupees, so if you have like 20-40 of them, you'll make 400-800 rupees.” T…

• I just noticed this

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

Quote from cloneofshadow: “Also on the screen of the machine in beedle's shop shows an image similar to the saving screen in Mario Paint.” Does anyone know if Kazumi Totaka worked on Skyward Sword? He's never worked on a Zelda game before, so the Mario Paint thing could just be Miyamoto messing around, but the first thing that comes to mind when I hear "Mario Paint" is Totaka's Song.

• Sandship is the new Snowpeak Ruins

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

I actually found the Captain to be a lot easier than the actual boss. It took me a few minutes to figure out exactly what I was supposed to do on the boss. However, I have to agree that Sandship doesn't really feel like a dungeon (in the same way that Snowpeak Ruins felt). While I was in the dungeon, my wife asked what I was doing in the game now (she's a Zelda fan herself). When I said I was in a dungeon, she commented "You're really in a dungeon right now?" - I was on the deck of the ship. I r…

• I actually don't mind returning to the Sky to reach a new region. I do wish there was a way to teleport around one zone though (like teleport from one statue to another without going to the Sky first)

• Favorite In-Game Music So Far?

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

I'm a little surprised by the number of people who like the Sky Overworld theme. I don't think it's a bad song, but it gets on my nerves (particularly because it's not all that long and it's extremely obvious when it loops while I'm playing). I'm a big fan of the Ballad of the Goddess, but it's barely heard in-game. The romance song is also very nice. The music (Hidden Content) is very neat. The (Hidden Content) music is my favorite (Hidden Content). In general, I'm very pleased with the music i…

• Quote from Abyss Master: “There's a point in the game (somewhere in Eldin) where you can fight an endless stream of Bokoblins thanks to one of them standing in the background blowing their horn. Take that opportunity to grind for skulls. Yeah, grinding in a Zelda game. Who would've thought.” I've actually been avoiding the terms "grinding" and "farming" while referring to Skyward Sword, but that's exactly what I've done. Even so, I've found it fun more than tedious (like it often is in other gam…

• They sure love the number 3...

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

I believe the answer is very simple. There are three goddesses: Din, Nayru, and Farore. They created the Triforce which has three parts: Power, Wisdom, and Courage. Many of the Zelda game involve the goddesses and the Triforce in some way, so it makes sense. (Hidden Content) This has gone on forever: Three pendants, three spiritual stones, three pearls of the goddesses. In other words, it's a Zelda series theme, not a Skyward Sword theme. Even so, you can find a lot of examples within the series…

• I don't thing everyone is going to "get" the Impressionist style. I've never considered myself a fan of any particular art-movement, but I like the way this one looks in Skyward Sword. Unfortunately, to the average person it just looks like the textures are really bad (close up). The style is only truly impressive when you're viewing objects in the distance. Whether or not you like Impressionist style is just a matter of opinion. I think Nintendo did a great job with it, and because I know what …

• Learn how to catch bugs well! Also, it may be completely optional, but I highly recommend upgrading your items even if it means going out of your way to find some treasures you don't have.

• Quote from Reddarian: “Having the treasure badge helps too: I always carry that around and I'm swimming in them.” I haven't actually found it yet. I know it comes from a Goddess Cube...just haven't found the right one. I have two Heart Medals though...not sure how that happened.

• Fastest way to earn money

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

Quote from Mew: “Sell off your bugs to one of Groose's companions in his room at night.” This. Stritch is in the room directly across the hall from Link's room. He'll buy different bugs every night. I've found Lanayru Ants to be particularly easy to find and easy to catch. I got over 500 rupees for selling him all of them (they were 20 rupees each). The prices vary per bug (depending on how easy or hard they are to get). You can also sell treasures, but I've found bugs a lot easier to come by an…

• Metal Shield?

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

Quote from Turmolt: “Actually once you beat the second temple i think the sacred shield unlocks. Its either after the second or third, i never checked after the second temple” It's sorta after the third...but not immediately. (Hidden Content)

• Zelda's Father Theory

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

I think it's all but confirmed that Gaepora is Kaepora Gaebora. Of course, whether or not he is Rauru is a debate that could go on forever.

• Quote from The Goron Moron: “This may be slightly relevant to the thread but, Does the 'spoils' as I call them drop completely randomly, or does your chances of getting them increase if you defeat an enemy a certain way? "Cuz, I've gotten almost nothing from defeating enemies, and I've defeated quite a bit by now.” It's random, which is why some people are getting items all the time and others aren't getting any. Based on what I know, only seven of the sixteen different treasures drop from enemi…

• Who says this is easy?

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

Quote from The Goron Moron: “Does that include Skulltulas? They are currently the most troublesome enemies to me, personally.” I had a lot of trouble with Skulltulas at first. I accidentally figured out the best way to kill them: a vertical slice - low to high will flip them over. You can then using a finishing strike. They went from nightmares to the easiest enemy in the game. Also, someone else mentioned not being able to shield bash Deku Babas. That's not true at all. The Golden Deku Babas be…

• I did finally get a few tonight when I purposely went hunting Bokoblins in Eldin. I found just enough to get the upgrade I wanted and then I quit. lol.

• Quote from CrankyStalfos: “If you've got the whip, maybe try pinching them Wind Waker style? Or does that only work for the horns? I haven't tried.” I haven't managed to get that to work at all. They always block the whip; even if I shield bash them first. Any tips on that?

• Technically speaking, this post has minor spoilers. They aren't story related. Just the names of upgrade-items and where to get one of them. So...I'm able to find almost every other treasure. I have found over 5 Golden Skulls (2 of which I got off of Bokoblins before I entered the first dungeon). I have found 4 Goddess Plumes and several of every other more common treasure in the game. I just can't seem to find the not-Golden Ornamental Skulls. I have found 3 the entire game. I'm pretty sure one…

• How long is this game?

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

Quite honestly, you've probably spent 100 hours playing Zelda games in the past without paying it any mind. That said, I doubt you'll take that long to finish the main quest. I'm about half way through the game, and I've played for 30 hours. I have been taking my time and spending plenty of time on sidequests and collecting items for upgrades.

• I got a question.

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

Zelda Universe: Haunted Restroom Sidequest If you give the letter to Karane, you need to go upstairs and talk to Pipit (the guy in yellow) in the hallway. Then go back downstairs and talk to Karane again. In the scene that follows, Pipit will give you the 5 Gratitude Crystals. Or..you can give the letter to the spirit in the Restroom and get 5 Gratitude Crystals. You get 5 crystals one way or the other - you cannot get 10.

• Does anyone have lyrics...?

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

During the game, you will eventually see the lyrics written in plain English. The lyrics that are sung by Zelda aren't any real language.

• In all honesty, Skyward Sword may be the best answer. It's still very new and a lot of people haven't played it (I certainly haven't finished it yet; though I know basically what happens). Not only is it an origin story for the series, but it is also the results of 25 years of games. Nintendo did an amazing job capturing all of the best aspects of the Zelda series and adding new features as well! So, even though I may sound like some fanboy obsessed with the latest game, I'm going to say Skyward…

• The Bow was the treasure in the first dungeon of three Zelda games: The Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, and Majora's Mask. The only way that gets by as being a "tradition" is because it was in the first game. I do agree that having the Slingshot and the Bow in the past games is a bit ridiculous. The Scattershot really is neat though. I'd be more in favor of them simply eliminating the Slingshot and Bow entirely for something similar but new (like the Beetle is to the Boomerang). It wouldn't…

• The Legend of Zelda is certainly my favorite video game series. The only "series" that comes close is Warcraft. I absolutely love the story of Warcraft. I enjoy playing World of Warcraft on and off (the RTS not so much), but the main reason I'm still into it is the story. Makes me wish Nintendo would give The Legend of Zelda a story like that.

• This is something extremely difficult for me to do, but for some reason it sounds like fun right now. I like all of the Zelda games, and I love most of them, so it's hard for me to pick and choose. I'm leaving Skyward Sword off this list for now. I'm currently over 24 hours into the game, and I'm having a ton of fun. It really is a great game, and I fully expect it to be fairly high on this list. Even so, I'm going to refrain from ranking it until I've finished more of the game. 1. A Link to the…

• I wouldn't have a problem with bosses being introduced ahead of time. In this case, you didn't know that the large boulder was the boss, but they could create a similar situation where you actually meet and speak with the boss ahead of time. However, in this case I have to say I did not like the pre-fight because it killed me. The only time I've died so far is from an instant-death by a giant boulder. -_-'

• Flying at night

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

Quote from Totakeke: “^ Lol aren't tanookis mythical creatures? Aww, that's kind of disappointing to hear that you can't fly around at night. I thought maybe after completing all the side quests, Link would become an official knight and then be aloud to fly at night. I was looking forward to the scenery :(” In fact, Tanuki are real. Tanuki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Why does everyone love Wind Waker?

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

Traveling is brutal for the first half of the game. Once you are able to teleport it doesn't matter nearly as much. Regardless, traveling is as fun as you make it. If you're just trying to get from A to B with zero interference then you're gonna be bored out of your mind. Instead, I pay attention for those little islands full of treasure, for treasure buried beneath the ocean, and especially for little Bokoblin-outposts scattered around the world. One of my favorite parts of the game is bombing …

• *Lack of* Skyward Sword Artwork

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

There's tons of Skyward Sword artwork. I've got most of it saved on my computer. One of these days I'll get the ZU Image Gallery up-to-date and full of these images.

• Soundtrack Availability

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

I wasn't expecting the soundtrack to be released outside Japan. In the past, when the soundtracks were released they were part of a promotion. I got the Majora's Mask soundtrack through Nintendo Power. If you want the soundtrack, your best bet is waiting for a Japanese release later this year or next year and importing it.

• There's plenty of magical things going on in Skyward Sword, but I'm fairly certain there is no Magic Meter.

• What interface do you use?

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

I've been using Light, but I plan to switch to Pro eventually. I just needed the extra reminders of what buttons did what while I'm learning. The standard HUD is horrible. I wouldn't mind if they just showed all the buttons, but drawing the entire Wii remote...with a Wiimote Jacket (something else I hate) and nunchuk is just too much.

• Completed Skyview Temple

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

Anxion has it right. I completed Skyview this morning, and I would have been dead more than a few times if it weren't for those 3 extra hearts. (plus I used a 2 potions!) Ghirahim is going to be hit and miss with people. I've heard some people saying he was very hard on their first try. The midnight launch I went to last night had a playable demo and I watched various people struggle with it for 20 minutes (they never beat him and finally got the second phase about 5 minutes before midnight). I …

• Future Zelda game outside Hyrule.

Joshua - - Future Zelda

Actually, I'd really prefer if they expanded more on the lands they've already established. I can't be the only fan waiting for a second trip to Holodrum or Labrynna. As a sidenote, you could argue that they create new worlds constantly. After they established the Great Sea, Tetra and Link found the "New Hyrule" that is the setting of Spirit Tracks. With Skyward Sword, they've introduced a land above the clouds. In other words, I don't expect Nintendo to quit creating new environments for us to …

• Bosses that should make a return

Joshua - - Future Zelda

I'm still waiting to see Moldorm in 3D. The Wind Waker and Puppet Ganon was a step in the right direction, but I'd like to see it taken a step further to be more similar to the fight in A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening (in other words, make the environment a hazard). They may be simple in A Link to the Past, but I also like the Armos Knights. I think that concept (several statues trying to smash you in a set pattern) could do well in 3D. Blizetta is a similar concept. The final form of th…

• Harp to ruin Skyward Sword?

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

I am a tad disappointed that they didn't put at least a tiny bit more thought into the harp. Even if they weren't songs you played regularly like in Ocarina of Time, they could have put together some basic tunes where you at least hold down a button while you strum to play a different note/chord.

• Welcome to Zelda Universe, oh great lurker.

• OoT "The End" Screen

Joshua - - Classic Zelda

I've never heard of this particular change, but it's likely a small difference in versions that is as easily noticed. There are a lot of differences between the original Nintendo 64 cartridges and the later cartridges/Gamecube/Wii releases.