Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 81-120 of 360.
  • I think the characters definitely represent those traits that are (somewhat) opposite of the virtues of the Triforce of Hyrule, but the Triforce of Lorule could not have represented those "virtues" and still have a good effect on the world. I think it's likely that the Triforce of Lorule has the same three parts and works the same exact way - it just got destroyed. Otherwise, it's just an open ended thing that Nintendo left for us to debate. If that's the case, then I like Fal'Cie's answer.

• Quote from TourianTourist: “And they brought the palace music from Zelda II back for the StreetPass battles.... so... awesome....! :D” I did not know this. I need to do StreetPass battles just because of the music.

• Ravio made his identity obvious

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

I didn't notice any of the hints about Ravio until after the reveal. Like Florina said, it was a 'I should have realized this days ago" kind of moment. I fully expected Ravio to just be a silly shopkeeper who was a shopkeeper. Not knowing or picking up on the clues really did make the reveal fantastic. The final scene of A Link Between Worlds is one of my favorite Zelda scenes because of it, and Ravio is one of my favorite characters.

• Why is Phantom Hourglass so hated?

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

I'm surprised to see so many comments about the graphics and music. None of those things ever bothered me. I was also never bothered by the touch controls; it's less relaxing than just pushing buttons, but it did have the added benefit of writing notes and introducing some new kinds of mechanics. The one thing that I really dislike about Phantom Hourglass has already been said: The Temple of the Ocean King. The only way I can describe it is "not fun." I completed Phantom Hourglass, and I enjoyed…

• ALBW Special Ending?

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

Quote from OcarinaofKeith: “never heard anything of that sort..for any zelda” Link's Awakening has a special ending if you die less than 10 times (? Not sure of exact number anymore). But I have not heard of any special ending for A Link Between Worlds.

• Skull Woods boss battle glitch

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

This is just a guess, but if this glitch actually works then I think it's attributed to using the Tornado Wand during the fight. The "correct" way to dodge the boss's attack (and force him to smash into the wall) is to Merge into the wall when it begins charging at you. I did not experience the glitch during the fight. I fought him one time and had no issues with the battle. If you're having trouble defeating him because of the glitch, I recommend that you stop using the Tornado Wand during the …

• Comments on Demise being from Lorule However, I am not at all convinced that Demise is from Lorule, went after the Triforce in Lorule, or had any connection whatsoever to Lorule and/or Termina. The original post states that Lorule "appears to be a world that is the complete opposite of Hyrule, being drab and dreary and chaotic in comparison," but I do not believe that is true. My understanding of Hilda's story about Lorule's past is that Lorule was not a drab and dreary place prior to the destru…

• I'm really, really, really, really, really excited about this game. The Kickstarter is sitting at just under 1,125,000 right now!

• Quote from Khao: “Except it's casting a shadow of it's own, look just under Link's hat, whatever it is, it's floating.” Yeah, I did notice that. The more I looked at it, the less convinced I was that it is an item, but I still thought it was worthy of some discussion. Even with the shadow, it could be something Link holds in a peculiar way (he's holding the staff backwards). Yeah, it's a stretch, but this game is already pretty odd. Whatever the thing is, it's strange. I know there's a birdcage,…

• any tips moving to america?

Joshua - - General Chit-Chat

Yes, we are friendly towards the Japanese, and any other ethnic group. The United States is populated almost entirely by immigrants. Our families all came from somewhere else in the past. My ancestors came from Sweden. As Keyaki said, the change from Japan to anywhere in the United States is going to be huge. I wish you the best of luck. Everyone is always worried and afraid when moving to a new place. I am sure you'll do fine!

• Welcome, we're glad to have you as a part of the Zelda Universe community. Your English is not bad. There are mistakes in your writing, but it is mostly small things like punctuation. It's still very easy to understand what you are saying. I wish you good luck in learning to speak, and write, English better. Hopefully, being a part of this community will help you.

• I actually agree completely with the original poster, The Adventure of Link should be remade, and The Legend of Zelda should be remade as well. Both are classic games, but there is a lot of room for improvement. Each one needs a Metroid: Zero Mission style remake: update the graphics, improve the story (as it is presented in the game), update the gameplay controls. You could even introduce more modern puzzles into some of the dungeons (because "push this lone block to open the door" probably won…

• I've read through all of your discussions on it previously, but I'm going to bring up the shop screenshot one more time. ALBW_Shop.jpg When Aonuma released the screenshot, I only gave it a passing glance. I noticed the items, particularly the new "Wind Rod" item, but that's about it. Today, I took a close look (literally, I zoomed in and examined this stuff). Others have noticed that Link is wearing a different tunic. What I found more interesting is the white and blue object near Link's head. A…

• Quote from HyianKnight: “Well theres more information released about the art style if you guys want to check it out, you might see it as very good news or very bad news: Zelda On Wii U Won't Be Ultra-Realistic, But Not Cartoony Realistic Either | Siliconera Zelda Wii U will not be having an Hyper-Realistic art style (Fine, I can deal with that) OR a Semi-Realistic art style (Oh dear...oh no, no, no). Personally, I'm rather disappointed, but I'm sure a fair amount of you will be happy depending o…

• I've never heard of anything like this, and searches online aren't bringing up any obvious results of other sites with the same problem. EL seems to think it won't hurt anything, and that could very well be the case. However, I think it's a bit alarming nonetheless, and I'll make of note of it and try to bring it up with someone who can maybe do something about it (assuming those people don't respond to the thread also).

• Majora's Mask 3D?

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

I think it's extremely likely that we will see a 3D remake of Majora's Mask eventually. However, I don't expect to see it this year. However, as tlozbj mentioned, you can buy classic Legend of Zelda games on your Wii. The Legend of Zelda, The Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask are all available. Majora's Mask is $10 (USD). You'll need a classic controller to play it.

• I realize that "reading between the lines" is kind of the point of theorizing, but this whole concept is a huge stretch. I don't think the concept art really means anything. I think a concept artist drew it to depict Link being religious (that is, praying to a deity), and that nothing else was intended by it. I don't think Hyrule was ever Christian (even if that was a concept). As for "samaritan", that is easily explained away. Today, "samaritan" is an adjective meaning "a charitable or helpful …

• Mulitplayer?

Joshua - - Future Zelda

Quote from Caitlin8898: “Also, when I think about Zelda and co-op, only one thing comes to mind, and that's Four Swords. In my opinion, a very unexplained game, or at least FSA. If you think about the Child Timeline, where FSA comes directly after TP, there is no explanation as to why. It wouldn't surprise me if the new Wii U game was to be a sequel or prequel to FSA, hitting two birds with one stone, giving us a multiplayer Zelda, and an explaination. Just a thought.” What kind of explanation d…

• I think it's very unlikely, but I really wish they would condense characters like Link into a single character with multiple, distinct, costumes. So, instead of having Link and Toon Link, with the options of various colored outfits, you would just have a single Link character with the ability to choose costumes like: Skyward Sword Link, The Wind Waker Link, Ocarina of Time Adult Link, Ocarina of Time Child Link, and A Link to the Past "Classic" Link. I realize that opens up potential balancing p…

• This was really neat.

• EL III Art Thread

Joshua - - Creative Corner

Quote from Eternal Legend: “ tumblr_mljcb4dWlx1qdirs5o1_1280.jpg ” Okay EL, I've seen plenty of your magnificent art, and I'm pretty sure I've told you how great all of it is (if I haven't, then I have now!), but this one...this one is my favorite. You took my favorite piece of official artwork, of my favorite Link, from my favorite game, and made it better. Amazing. Thank you.

• Are you playing on an Nintendo 64 with the original cartridge? If so, it's possible that something has gone wrong inside the game. Cartirdges use batteries to save game data, and it's possible that something has made the battery quit working properly. If it's on Wii or Gamecube, then I'm not sure what could be the prolem.

• Your favorite Zelda enemy

Joshua - - General Zelda

My favorite version of the Darknut is actually their appearance in The Wind Waker. In general, the combat system of The Wind Waker is a ton of fun, and fighting Darknuts is the best! However, I wouldn't call Darknuts my favorite enemy. I've honestly never thought about my favorite Legend of Zelda enemy before, so I have no idea. >_>

• Interesting gender bender I found

Joshua - - Future Zelda

Quote from Super Dude: “ WYD99rp.jpg ” Dai-Gurren in a Zelda game? I will buy this.

• Hi i'm Josh from London!

Joshua - - Newbie Central

Welcome! I'm Josh from ZU. I'm sure you'll find plenty of debates. And yes, Lizalfos are awesome.

• No Love for Minish Cap??

Joshua - - Classic Zelda

Quote from Honey Badger: “So...are you saying that you're some kind of seer? I'm sorry, but what makes you think Nintendo will do this or that? They'll do whatever they darn well please. So unless there's some kind of official statement that they'll never return to sprite art, it would be a good idea to not pretend like you know what you're talking about. ” When did having an opinion suddenly require becoming a seer? Of course Nintendo will do whatever they want to do. My point was simply that, …

• LoZ & AoL, is it worth it?

Joshua - - Classic Zelda

I highly recommend playing The Legend of Zelda. The game is certainly difficult, but once you actually reach a dungeon and begin finding items and learning how the enemies behave it won't be quite as hard. However, I do recommend using a map. The original game actually came with a map that points out where some secrets are hidden and dungeons are located. A ZUer posted it previously in this thread: zeldauniverse.net/forums/nes-s…-zelda-1-and-2-stuff.html The Legend of Zelda gives you no directio…

• Used Games

Joshua - - General Gaming

Quote from daeth: “Imagine if cutting out the used games market made Gamestop and every other business that relies on the sale of used games go out of business. So many lost jobs. I think the profit margin on new games is something like 20% for retailers, not nearly enough to keep places like Gamestop afloat. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out. I'm not sure publishers and developers can afford to lose these game stores. Who'd promote all the new releases if they were gone? Who'd …

• Used Games

Quote from The Fanatic of Zelda: “Again, even if used games (and consoles) damage the industry, I don't care. If they actually stop producing more games because of that, I'll demand that they start spending more in delivering great quality games. And of course I don't have a reason to buy them brand new. It's our right, after all.” Your attitude towards purchasing new games is just flat-out wrong. Yes, you currently have every right to buy used games. I won't tell you otherwise. I think it's saf…

• Used Games

Quote from daeth: “How is it damaging the industry? Overblown budgets are damaging to the industry. With less games on the market (no used games) the supply and demand will be completely thrown off, and if anything I'd bet on higher prices rather than lower ones. With no cheaper alternative (used games) you'll have to pay whatever they want to charge you. In a market like that you'd be crazy to lower prices as a publisher.” Your argument assumes that consumers will be willing to pay whatever cra…

• No Love for Minish Cap??

Joshua - - Classic Zelda

Quote from joeyoung1996: “I too loved the sprite art in this game. I hope that after ALttP 2, Nintendo could return to it.” As much as I would love that, I don't think it will happen. ALTTP2 appears to be the final move to 3D in everything, but at least top-down Legend of Zelda games still exist. I love The Minish Cap as well, while A Link to the Past remains my favorite game, I consider The Minish Cap to be the definitive top-down Legend of Zelda game. The lack of discussion regarding the game …

• Zelda on Wii for Lefties

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

EL is probably correct when it comes to the historical facts, but traditionally Link is left-handed. I don't believe it was done on purpose at first, but once fans picked up on the idea that Link was left-handed it became a part of his character. I prefer that Link remain left-handed, but it's really a non-issue. It doesn't effect the game other than removing one minor detail that most of the heroes have in common. I am left-handed, and I've always found it odd how so many people seem to assume …

• Of course I'd love an additional Zelda game on my handheld; I won't say "no" to more Zelda. However, I think TourianTourist has the right idea. While there are certainly dedicated gamers who love playing epic quests for endless hours on a handheld, most of the time handheld games are meant to be played on-the-go for short periods of time. A game like ALTTP2 fits this style perfectly; OOT3D does not. On another note, I'm not sure just how realistic it is to expect a full 3D game just because it i…

• ZUer of the Week: Nicolette!

Joshua - - Community Archive

I don't often come out of the shadows, but this is a special occasion. Is it bad that I didn't even know ZUer of the week was a thing until this morning? I met Jason in 2006 after I asked for my small Zelda website to be a part of Zelda Wiki. I've had the pleasure of working with Jason for almost seven years now; the last two (three? It's all been one really fun blur. :ghirahim:) as staff here at Zelda Universe. Let me echo what others have said: When you work with Jason, it becomes painfully, w…

• I love the animated series. Yes, it's really...not good, but it's rather amusing. I own the entire thing.

• Hello Everyone here on ZU

Joshua - - Newbie Central

Welcome to Zelda Universe.

• Absolutely. Who would pass up the chance to play some of the most infamous games ever made?

• New Zeldas: Where in the timeline?

Joshua - - Future Zelda

While there are still a few ares to fill in, I think Nintendo ought to stay away from filling-in-the-blanks at this point. I'd rather see one of the three established timelines continued. The Child Timeline seems like an easy choice simply because it has the fewest entries. The Downfall Timeline has not been changed in a very long time, and I'm not sure they need to change it. However, a sequel set in the world of The Adventure of Link does sound kinda neat. I think the Adult Timeline ought to b…

• What Happened to the Gerudos?

Joshua - - Theorizing

I think the simple answer to this question is that nothing happened to the Gerudos. They were present later in Four Swords Adventures. The Gerudos simply weren't relevant to the story being told in Twilight Princess, so they did not appear.

• I understand how fighting Wart could be tedious and frustrating for some players, but I never had much trouble with him. Using the Hookshot is a slow method for defeating the bubbles; the spin attack works better. I always enjoyed fighting Wart because he is essentially a 3D version of Arrghus from A Link to the Past.