Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 41-80 of 360.
  • worst designed zelda bosses

Joshua - - General Zelda

I like bosses that require some thought, and while I might find it frustrating to reach the boss without the right equipment nowadays, I don't think that's poor design by itself. However, I agree that bosses that have a "reset" like Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time or Moldorm in just about everything are hurt because of that design choice. I love Moldorm - he's a classic - and I love the fight with Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time, but nothing kills the moment like falling down and realizing that you ha…

• I think ASttP has the right assessment: the songs in Skyward Sword are "forgettable" because they are not heavy on melody. The songs in older Zelda games - especially Ocarina of Time - are very memorable because of their simple melodies. I frequently hum songs from Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, and other games from that era because the songs are so easy to memorize. Whenever I replay Skyward Sword, I find that I love the music. The ambient tunes fit the ar…

• Media section issues

Joshua - - Help and Feedback

Kevin, we're working on fixing the problems. It looks like these pages broke during the recent site problems. I am making it a priority to have them fixed this week, and we'll give them a proper update while we're at it.

• Favorite Zelda game

Joshua - - General Zelda

My favorite will probably always be my first: A Link to the Past. ...But I love all of them.

• Francis, I'd go as far as to say that no portion of the skin is 100% finished. If it looks broken, it probably is. When the forum was launched last week, there were immediately complaints that signatures blended in with the posts too much; I believe the white box was added as a quick-fix to remedy the problem while we continue to finalize the design.

• Salutations

Joshua - - Newbie Central

Hi Tlajinga! Welcome to Zelda Universe!

• What changes should Zelda U have?

Joshua - - Future Zelda

Quote from Francis York Morgan: “Combat needs a major overhaul. You could see it evolving when they did TWW but it stagnated after. More aggressive and difficult enemies are needed. I also think that more items need to be viable in combat.” I would be thrilled if they just brought back the parrying from The Wind Waker. I don't see a large need for major changes to combat. I dislike how most other games handle it. I'll be sad if they remove the classic Z-targeting system; I don't think any other …

• Quote from "Young Link": “Finally I don't like how they switched the upgrades. (Hidden Content)” I was really happy about that change. Granted, if you only picked up the Stray Fairies with the intention of getting a specific upgrade, then I can see why that would be frustrating. I normally don't bother with the Stray Fairies, but decided I would get them all on my first time through. (Hidden Content)

• What changes should Zelda U have?

Joshua - - Future Zelda

My biggest wish is for Nintendo to find a way to implement more sidequests again. Majora's Mask did it so well, but it also relied on a system of re-living the same three days. I'd like to see the same amount of care taken in Zelda U, without the time travel. And the new Bombers' Notebook in Majora's Mask 3D is absolutely wonderful. I want to see a similar quest log feature in Zelda U.

• What's your "go to" game?

Joshua - - General Zelda

A Link to the Past is my favorite game in the series, but I probably play Ocarina of Time more frequently; especially following the 3D remake. Now that Majora's Mask is also on my 3DS, I suspect I'll be playing it more as well.

• Tipping

Joshua - - Serious Discussion

Quote from Bill: “I agree with you. That's why I tip only begrudgingly. I know complaining about tipping comes off as stingy if not downright greedy, but I feel the real problem is a culture where this practice is expected in the first place. The stinginess of the restaurant owner seems to be considered much less often.” I think the core of the problem is a lot bigger than just a restaurant owner. Without some kind of nationwide regulation, it won't change. A single restaurant cannot afford to r…

• New to ZU Forums

Welcome to Zelda Universe! Have fun!

• Tipping

Joshua - - Serious Discussion

I tip primarily because I understand that I'm basically responsible for the server's rent. I agree that it's completely absurd that it's legal to pay server's minuscule amounts of money and then expect patrons to donate the rest. I would prefer that tipping be something extra; a bonus for a job well done. Generally speaking, I always tip, even if the service was awful out of obligation. Sometimes people are just having a bad day.

• Quote from Zesty Crouton: “Yeah, I noticed those too. Unfortunately, I... (Hidden Content)” I have a feeling ... (Hidden Content)

• What other games do you play?

Joshua - - General Gaming

Honestly, not much these days. I like Super Smash Bros. and a lot of old school games (Super Nintendo RPGs, lots of Nitendo first party stuff), but very few newer games interest me. I am interested in Xenoblade Chronicles X and there's an indie game called Adventures of Pip that I'm excited to see released. I had the chance to play a demo of Pip, and I immediately fell in love with it.

• Hiya!

Quote from Stulluna: “Thanks all! I appreciate the welcomes a lot! Er, newb question but I'm wondering the same as Tlajinga, how do we set a profile pic or signature?” Hi Stulluna! Welcome to Zelda Universe! To answer you question, you can change your avatar and signature in the user settings. To reach them, click on your name (at the top left corner of the page) and then click "settings". The avatar and signature settings pages are some of the first links on the page. 118q15t.png

• Link talking and having a real personality of his own is about a decade overdue, maybe more. I think the developers need to get past this idea that "the player is Link" - because I've never felt that was true or wanted it to be. I would much rather them create an interesting character and present an engaging story.

• Quote from Shanebhoy: “ There was one thing I didn't really like, and that was ​(Hidden Content)” I thought this was a good change. (Hidden Content)

• Possible Zelda TV Show on Netflix

Joshua - - General Zelda

I'm really excited about the possibility of a Legend of Zelda TV show. I really not too worried about them making it accurate to any particular game, or picking the right actors, or any specifics really. I'll be more than happy just to see that someone cared enough to make the show at all. And for the record, the cartoon from the 80's is fantastic.

• Rank Link's Awakening Dungeons

Joshua - - Classic Zelda

1. Catfish's Maw 2. Tail Cave: It's very simple, but I really love it 3. Face Shrine 4. Bottle Grotto 5. Key Cavern 6. Eagle's Tower: I'm really not a fan of the balls and pillars 7. Turtle Rock: I find this one confusing even after all these years 8. Angler's Tunnel

• Quote from Heroine of Twilight: “What changed in the Goht fight?” I'll put this in spoiler tags since I haven't read the spoiler rules yet. (Hidden Content) Quote from Zesty Crouton: “But that fight lasted entirely too long. I got sick of it five minutes in, and it just kept going.” Again, spoiler tags: (Hidden Content)

• Make the forums wider

Joshua - - Help and Feedback

Pennington, are you asking about the width of the post area or the overall width of the page? The overall width of the page is the same as it has been for many years (at least on the Temple skin; I have only a passing familiarity with the older skins). The empty space showing the forest background image has always been present; varying amounts of it are visible depending on your screen resolution and window size. However, it is true that the post area is narrower than it was before because of th…

• After completing the entire game, I'm very satisfied with all of the changes. Majora's Mask 3D is clearly the better of the two versions in almost every way. The only negative change is the change to the Goht fight. I feel like the fights with Odolwa and Twinmold were both given a much better direction (even if Odolwa can be defeated in about 30 seconds once you know the right strategy). Gyorg is a much better fight as well, though I feel like that was the best boss fight in the original game. G…

• MM3D: Remapped Instrument Controls

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

It is very interesting that they changed the notes, but I imagine Nintendo did a lot of testing (while developing Ocarina of Time 3D) to determine the best button mapping. Like Captainth, I feel like the buttons just "feel right" on the 3DS. Once you've played through the entire game, and have to play all of the songs repeatedly, it really does feel like Nintendo made the best choice.

• Worst Dungeon in ALBW

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

I don't think any of the dungeons are poorly designed, but Skull Woods was the weakest of the superbly designed dungeons. I think the Swamp Palace is a close second, only because it was somewhat forgettable for me (I had to really think about what it looks like and how the puzzles worked). That said...I really don't think any of the dungeons are bad. I think they did a great job with all of them.

• The original GCN release has a unique beauty. Ten years later, The Wind Waker still looks fantastic. Few games can hold up even one generation later, and The Wind Waker has lasted for two and is still going strong. The artistic design is timeless. The Wind Waker HD has a beauty of its own. They took the original and changed it to something new. It's different, but it's still beautiful, and I believe the new look will last the test of time just as well as the original. However, while the original…

• Favourite Dungeon?

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

It's hard to choose because I think all of the dungeons are well designed. However, I gonna go with the Dark Palace. The use of actual darkness to conceal (or reveal) what to do next was used superbly. It took me hours to figure out the chest on the top floor!

• Renting vs Buying

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

It really depends on what I'm trying to do. When I played the game originally, I wanted to collect everything and upgrade all the items. So, I had to buy them. On my next playthrough, I just wanted to clear the game. So, I didn't bother buying most items. Dying is never really a concern.

• Thoughts on LOZ The Minish Cap?

Joshua - - Classic Zelda

I agree with the statement that The Minish Cap is one of the most underrated games in the series. It's not a particularly long game, but the dungeons are well designed and use unique items (at least three of which were brand new at the time, and one that has no comparison in any other Legend of Zelda game to this day). The large/small mechanics are used well, both in dungeons and the overworld. Unlike many Legend of Zelda games, the overworld in The Minish Cap is full of things to do. I love the…

• Ash and Kafei are win and win. I think they are very well done. TWW Link with the pig is well done, and amusing, because pig. Also, adorable Link is being arrested by a Stormtrooper.

• I'd like to add a comment from the ZU side of things. For those that don't know (which is probably everyone), I'm the "Guide Editor" at ZU - which means I'm in charge of our guides and walkthroughs. As others have said, the Wiki have seen better days. We're working very hard to make all of that change in the future. Commander GorMor pointed out that ZU no longer links to ZW (since the redesign), and it's not clear that the two sites are connected. This is very true, but it was never intended. Wh…

• ZUer of the Week: Zelluna!

Joshua - - Community Archive

Melena, thank you for all you have done. You'll always be a part of our ZU family.

• 999 Seconds Cucco Run

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

There's a reward for this? No thanks, I'll stick with 100% meaning that I collected every Piece of Heart and every Maiamai.

• I agree with most of the comments here: quick equip just really isn't very quick. I do use it occasionally, but i limit it to just the 4 items I use the most often: bow, bombs, hookshot, and fire rod. I could also see it being useful to quickly switch to a potion/fairy, but if you're dying then pausing is probably better anyway.

• About the final boss

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

(Hidden Content)

• Quote from mzxrules: “But nobody sells food in hyrule (Hidden Content)” What about Scoot Fruit and Foul Fruit? And you can get milk at the Milk Bar. It's not for sale, but you can bash into trees to get apples too.

• Street pass, never used it ever

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

Quote from KingOfHeart: “^ but I don't take my 3DS out my house, and I don't live in a neighborhood full of rich people” Street Pass no longer requires actually passing by other 3DS owners (at least in the USA; not sure about other countries). Nintendo's developers realized that the feature didn't work well outside Japan, and added new functionality to Nintendo Zone locations. Whenever anyone with a 3DS (with StreetPass on) visits a Nintendo Zone location (these are all over, I believe Gamestop …

• Secret Room

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

Flovnat, are you telling me there are secret rooms that are not on the map? The room with the Master Ore is tricky, but it's on the map.

• Ravio's Shop won't appear.

Joshua - - Modern Zelda

I'm not certain that it's entirely about visiting another dungeon entrance. Instead, I think it has to do with obtaining the item you need before you can even reach the dungeon entrances. In this case: (Hidden Content). (spoiler tag just in case, it's just item names from the very beginning of the game)

• Ecrofirt has the right idea. I'd also add that I don't think Ravio wanted it to be obvious to Link that he was trying to help him. Charging hundreds of rupees makes it seem like more of a business relationship.