Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 41-80 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Alfie Evans

Keith - - Serious Discussion

i think it's worth noting what no one else has brought up - the social media response of 'alfie's army' and the response of the parents. Alder Hey has come under so much controversy because some groups of doctors have branded them as a disgrace to the career path while on media they're getting slammed by the parents and co. for being baby killers and the like. This resulted in protests not 5 minutes from my house for weeks, people were blocking a main road, access to the hospital and so on. The …

• (Hidden Content)

• youtube.com/watch?v=u9Mv98Gr5pY I was already not really excited for this, because it's awkwardly not in the MCU but it has the same spiderman? and now we've got a venom that wasn't imprinted by peter, who can't mimic peter, we've got an eddie brock that's a good guy from the get go with some brilliant dialogue. even if you don't object to changes in an adaptation, it looks like they adapted it to be generic and boring. It feels more like a random film i'd put on netflix for background noise mor…

• General Card Games Thread

Keith - - General Gaming

this is a really sad day :(

Keith - - General Gaming

There are two primary differences between Hearthstone and Magic (relative to this context). The first is that we are limited to 10 mana. The second is that on-curve plays aren't as important in Hearthstone. (sorry if this is condescending lol) The first is important because spells costing 5 mana means your opponent cannot use any spell that costs more than 5 mana. This means any non-conditional removal, any total board wipe, any game-ending burn spell is unusable. Combos typically require spells…

Keith - - General Gaming

talking all about the competitive implications of the new expansion, so honestly it's prob boring to most lol. There's less fun cards to get excited about due to the rotation requiring staples and more simplicity, so i'm not gonna highlight any one card as something that's really cool or fun. I'm mostly just excited for a new meta (Hidden Content)

Keith - - General Gaming

Witchwood is completely spoiled now for HS, will do my writeup after work tonight~ it's a v exciting expansion, and for unusual reasons. The power level is underwhelming, which means they're using the rotation to tackle some of the power creep problems we keep seeing in each release and balance standard a little better. Otherwise they're introducing cool mechanics, enhancing archetypes i'm looking forward to and also reddit is wrong about stuff again cause they dumbb.

Keith - - General Gaming

Blizzard made a really weird decision in the new expansion that like... i don't agree with. I think it's unimportant enough that i don't care, but i don't get it all the same. It's just bad design, surely they should see that? Today they revealed this card: (Hidden Content) The wording is a little funky, so lemme explain - 'from the past' refers to an out of format card. This means cards that are no longer in standard (Wild) and banned cards (Hall of Fame). Granted, banned cards in hearthstone w…

• so everyone is agreed, we are throwing a surprise birthday party may 6?

• saras birthday is almost half a year away we could almost not be more wrong

Keith - - General Gaming

if anyone is interested, the HearthStone reveal stream begins in a little over 3 hours~ Similarly to last time (depending how much gets revealed, i think this will leave about 15% of the cards left but normally there's none left after so??) I'll be posting the most interesting cards and my thoughts on how it'll impact the meta, what kinda decks i wanna see played and what i'm most excited to play with myself. Also this time they're offering i think just under 20 free packs before release day. Th…

Keith - - General Gaming

Artifact was added to the steam store earlier today and briefly had a release date of Dec 27th, but that's since been taken down. Could be placeholder, but it's actually what i expected anyway. I'm expected closed beta keys will release with TI8 (dota2 world championship) which is summer time so it fits that they'd release around the end of the year. HS also releases expansions start of April, August and December usually, so a month after a new release and a month before spoiler season is when p…

• I'm 4 episodes in and enjoying it, but it's nothing like season 1. Still watchable and better than other netflix shows, but i think the story/villain aren't as compelling as season 1 and marvel writers still rely too heavily on the villain to write interesting stories. The b-stories all just feel like noise more than anything i give a shit about. They don't tie into the main story at least yet, so it also feels kinda disjointed.

• General Tech Chat Thread

Keith - - General Chit-Chat

does anyone have any experience with writing firefox notifications? need to write a v bespoke one and mozzilla need to chill with the jargon lmao

• heroes for hire?? i think netflix could do with getting a little less dark for one season and heroes for hire gives it that comic book framing i think (assuming that's what this is about, but i already expected it and it looks like he's making an advert or a viral video?)

Keith - - General Gaming

Quote from Foo: “Hearthstone uses a fully randomized pack method, in the style of Gwent, but never gives you duplicate legendary cards. Legendaries also make up a *significantly* smaller fraction of the HS card pool (about 1/7 compared to Gwent's 1/4) ” just to add to this (because blizzard have been taking steps to improve the f2p experience), the no duplicate legendaries is a recent change, as of the latest expansion (in september iirc). They also added so that you will always pull a legendary…

• I would just move my whole hand between green-blue and red-orange, depending on what was playing. It's rare that you need to press both orange and green at once, so just shuffle your hand up. I still really wanna get Live but iirc it's not on pc v__v recently i've been playing a tonne of Planetary Annihilation w irl friends (i actually won a game for once and was so excited, i played so damn well). Also picked up They Are Billions which is v worth the money despite being early access, it doesn't…

• So The Good Place just finished it's second season and hot diggity damn, idk if there was a single bad episode this season. It jumped through plots at breakneck speed so there was no filler, there was never really a dull moment and im super excited for season 3.

Keith - - General Gaming

I tried watching a pro tour game a couple weeks ago, and honestly struggled to watch it lol. I recognised a few cards, but sometimes it seemed like even the commentators were lost lmao - it was ben stark v kibler from a few years back. I know hearthstone has newb friendly streams, as does dota, league and plenty of other esports. I know mtg aint an esport, but it could probably benefit form something similar if there isn't already. (is there?)

• (Hidden Content)

Keith - - General Gaming

idk what the intended difference between bronze silver and gold ranking cards is in gwent, so mbe im sticking my nose into nothing but in hearthstone the different ranking do not refer to how useful the card is (by intent). They're actually supposed to imply more complicated or niche gameplay. A common 2-drop might be a 3/2 beast. A Rare 2 drop might be a 2/2 beast that gains 2 attack permanently if there is another beast on the board. An Epic would be a 2/2 beast that generates another beast ca…

Keith - - General Gaming

Alright so @'Foo''s method required a little simplifying i feel, since he has boundless mtg knowledge to base building upon. I think i used a similar philosophy though, building around your core and your theme. Putting it into words, the ideal in my deck is being able to amass an army of zombie tokens so as to work well with The Scarab God's first ability. It seems attrition is already an obvious EDH play due to being politically acceptable, as well as how long games go on. To this end, I also w…

Keith - - General Gaming

So how i typically build a deck in hearthstone is i see something i like, a synergy between two cards, or a big card i wanna get to play once in 5 games. Once i've looked at these i usually figure out what archetype they work best in which for hs this is aggro, midrange and control. This refers both to where in the mana curve they lie, and at what point they end the game. Aggro is death by turn 7, midrange can go up to 20 before it tuckers out and control outlasts all but specific card focused d…

Keith - - General Gaming

So then I guess in this case you'd return it to the commander zone rather than to the graveyard, then unhallowed goes to the graveyard, then you can just play TSG from the commander zone whenever you'd next like to, and the whole ordeal just costs you one loop of commander tax? (also lol i completely missed that TSG returns at the beginning of next end step)

Keith - - General Gaming

(@Foo I will respond to all this when you're finished, but for now just know that you're a goddamn madman and i love you for it) One thing that I find really jarring about moving to magic is how resolving works, which im reading up on. As an example I've just encountered, the interaction between Unhallowed Pact and Scarab God. For one, I've seen two arguments about the card, and I'm not sure which is currently accurate based on patches, though i assume the first one. Image.ashx Image.ashx The fi…

Keith - - General Gaming

yeah HOU lorewise seems to be amonkhet but if the end of the world came about? i'm noticing it all has the same imagery and some buildings are the same, but in amonkhet they're fresh and magical and in hou they're just sad. Which i really like. So if I'm gonna build my own deck, are there any magic-specific rules you'd recommend foo/sara/any other magic players? like i say for ref, it'll be edh (tho i do also want a standard deck, merfolk seems cheapish and mid-tier?). If it's multicoloured, how…

Keith - - General Gaming

So i bought a HOU bundle since reviews seemed to support it as a strong limited set and lol im a lucky cunt who pulled a The Scarab God which sells for nearly the same price as i bought the whole bundle - thinking since i need a commander deck anyway (sara plays edh near exclusively lol) i'll put together what i've already got that works with them (maybe 20-40 cards?) and buy some cheap singles to throw in and maybe pick up a planeswalker or two since they seem important in edh decks. looking at…

• @Lady Sunshine spent literally about 48 hours total working on the awards so much appreciate it, ya weirdo.

Keith - - General Gaming

see all of that sounds great, i think the issue is just how casual i'm gonna be lol - i have little interest in playing outside of playing with friends i already know, since i don't have the time. I might ask around my irl friends if they're interested but it's unlikely, since i cant even get them into hearthstone. But it's 100% a social experience for me, if im not doing it with friends im not gonna care. I do agree tho, i think if i was getting into magic i'd play limited - netdecking absolute…

Keith - - General Gaming

since to date sara has sent me about 90 cards in packs or specific cards, i was gonna get a deckbuilders toolkit just to fill out on lands and hopefully get a core theme for a deck - should i go for any particular block? there are a few which are super cheap (amonket, ixlan,.. blue lady art iirc) which i will most likely focus on. ive seen online discussions saying that its smarter to buy an event or duel deck since you get something more usable which is fair but im not looking to netdeck anyway…

• Best Dressed / Best Sense of Style - @Lucretia - source. Most Attractive Female - @Lady Sunshine - source Most Attractive Male - @Holden Most Memorable ZU Meetup - @Lady Sunshine + Europe trip - source. Most Fabulous Hair - @Spagh - source. Nicest Smile - @Lady Sunshine

• Best Custom Rank - @Lucretia - "STOP HETEROS" Member of the Season - @Lady Sunshine zelda otp - @Foo x long posts

• Biggest Ego - @Sólsetur Kindest Member - @Lady Sunshine Most Inspirational - @Captain Harrie Most Likely to be President Someday - @Lucretia Most Din - @Silver Most Farore - @boxes

• Best Community Event - Clan Wars Most Anticipated Future Event - The culling of Burning Boards Most Original Event - ZU Fitness Challenge

• Best SD Thread - "#Metoo" Best Debater - @Lucretia Most Amazing Angel -@Lady Sunshine

• best art piece - harrie best digital work - holden best haiku - boxes jack of all trades - harrie

• before reading anyone elses comments or getting too in depth about specific thoughts - this film left me super conflicted and confused. I think it's actually objectively a good film, not great but good. I need several rewatches to consider and i need.. time before i can watch it again because it was so loaded. (Hidden Content)

• lol i felt bad cause i only did 1 this week but hey apparently im in the top percentile I did the 3 sets of 10 pushups but the rest of it was too time consuming or i don't really have space to do~

• So I believe it's official now that it's going ahead, and Disney are also looking at buying Fox's majority shares of Hulu so they won't even need to develop their own streaming platform now. source

• Quote from Canyarion: “So I finally got around watching Spider-Man: Homecoming (still not sure what the deeper meaning of the title was). ” Spidey finally came home to marvel