Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 241-280 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • (Hidden Content) EDIT: Quote from Please Understand: “Well, they had to pass the message that purple colored hair girls can be heroic too. They just couldn't think of a better way, apparently. Also, Asian girls (Rose). Those two characters could simply not exist and the movie would be better for it, but they prefer to bloat the movie to add every possible configuration in there so there's something to identify with for everyone. It's a running theme (joke?) in most blockbuster movies as of late.…

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Abyss Master - - General Gaming

Okay, something is seriously wrong here. The last 10+ Rare Cores, and the last three Legendary Cores, all failed to yield a rare Blade. The last two rare Blades I did get, came from Common Cores. (The last one was Yoshimitsu Perceval, for those who might be interested)

• The Nintendo Switch

Tropical Freeze was so good that I'd be happy with another 2D Donkey Kong game from Retro Studios, as long as they'd make sure to involve David Wise again.

• The Nintendo Switch

As always, I'd urge people to keep a level head and check their expectations.

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Rare Blades are ridiculously rare in this game.

• (Hidden Content)

• Net Neutrality

Abyss Master - - Serious Discussion

Ted Cruz being Ted Cruz on Twitter: Quote from Ted Cruz: “Snowflake, believing online propaganda: "OMG w/o net neutrality, the Internet is gone!" Informed observer: "You know, the FCC issued that rule in 2015. The Internet grew up wonderfully free from govt regulation & this restores the status quo ante." Snowflake: "Uh, never mind..." ” The only place where you'll find less self-aware condescension is Conservapedia. EDIT: And yes, in case you're wondering, he's wrong.

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2

The game is getting an update on December 22nd: nintendo.co.uk/News/2017/Decem…7CExpansionPassNews%7Cw50 Among the things that will be improved: Quote: “When you press the X Button, the Skip Travel screen will open the map to your current location. We hope this will make it easier to spot Skip Travel locations and Salvage Points on the map.” Hell. Yeah.

• [url]https://youtu.be/2aWHkYWslcw[/url] The music does not suck.

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I've gotten to Indol. Here are my thoughts so far: (Hidden Content)

• The Nintendo Switch

It's at 2:30 AM for me, so I'll be watching it Friday morning. And by "it", I mean any game trailers or announcements that I deem interesting. Most of the awards don't particularly interest me, so I don't feel the need to watch the whole show.

• DLC story holiday 2017

Abyss Master - - Modern Zelda

I just got an email from Nintendo in the form of a newsletter about "what's hot in December". One of the first items on the list is the Champions' Ballad DLC. This is what it says in full: Quote: “Experience an original story, a new dungeon and even more challenges in DLC Pack 2 - The Champions' Ballad, coming soon to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild as part of the Expansion Pass.” Okay, so nothing new, but this in my view is a clear sign that we're not going to see a delay, and the DLC w…

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Still waiting for my Special Edition to get here (ETA is Thursday, fml), so I've been having a look at the cutscenes to get a sense of the story. The voice acting isn't as bad as I'd feared, though it does get rather cringy in certain places, mainly when Rex is trying to do a battle shout. I also thought Nia's voice can get weirdly quiet sometimes, but I love her accent. Pyra's voice is the one I think is gonna have people split the most though - to some, it's gonna sound like the voice actress …

• MOD NOTE: Moved from the War Room The GOP tax plan is such a complete sham from top to bottom, it's nigh impossible for me to focus on any one part of it. So instead I'll hone in on this part from Trump where he claims he won't gain anything from the bill. whitehouse.gov/the-press-offic…resident-trump-tax-reform Quote: “This is going to cost me a fortune, this thing -- believe me. Believe me, this is not good for me. ” Which, of course, is false. politifact.com/truth-o-meter/s…-donald-trump-fort…

• The Nintendo Switch

Smash has a relatively good chance of outselling Zelda, but it certainly doesn't outsell Mario. The first Smash was outsold by both Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time, and Brawl was significantly outsold by New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was outsold by New Super Mario Bros. U and Super Mario 3D World, and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS was similarly outsold by New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario 3D Land.

• The Nintendo Switch

A December Direct is not unheard of. We had them in 2012, 2013 and the Super Smash Bros. Direct in 2015. Of course, January Directs have also been a thing, with a Wii U Direct (plus a Pokémon XY Direct) in January 2013, a Direct in January 2015 (when the New Nintendo 3DS was revealed) and, most notably, the Nintendo Switch presentation that took place in January of this year, with the Fire Emblem Direct happening later that same month. As always I urge people to keep expectations muted.

• Breath of the Wild is my pick for Game of the Year. It is far more ambitious in how open it allows itself to be, depending on robust gameplay systems rather than tight structure to carry the player through the game. It is a game rife with replay value, which is something I deeply value in adventure games, and it strongly encourages thorough exploration of every nook and cranny of its humongous overworld. Breath of the Wild is also more significant accomplishment than Super Mario Odyssey. Both ar…

• Alright, let's get crackin'. A few things to address before we get to the list itself; first, they're nearly all Nintendo games. It's no secret that I've been a big fan of Nintendo's philosophy of game design and their high level of polish. This is especially true with regards to the Zelda series, which is why a third of the list is comprised of Zelda games. We'll get into the nit and grit of why I've picked these games in particular, but for now, let's just say that the list doesn't necessarily…

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2

WIth 19 days left before the game hits, I only have a couple of concerns. First, the voice acting. The E3 trailer is the main reason why I worry (I cringe so hard every time I hear Rex go "TAAAAAKE THIIIIIIS"), but the GameXplain showcase also had a bit of voice acting in it, and while it wasn't as bad as I feared, I still found myself thinking that it wasn't quite up to snuff compared to the voice acting in the first game. While I know that the Japanese voices will be made available at launch t…

• Mod note: I've moved this thread from the General Gaming board to the Writing board, as this is a fan-made writing project and thus is more suited for the latter. Keep up the PokéDex-ing and have fun.

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2

youtube.com/watch?v=0W7ROTyWFQs For those who want to see more of the game in action, here's 50 minutes of GameXplain sitting down with a Nintendo Treehouse guy to play it.

• The Nintendo Switch

Mod note: I've moved the Xenoblade-related posts to the Xenoblade 2 thread. The discussion can be continued there.

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posted in the Switch thread, then remembered we have a Xenoblade 2 thread. So here, check out today's Nintendo Direct. youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb0KmH2WBQ

• It doesn't really encourage people to speak out against this sort of thing if you get on their case for not speaking out the right way, at the right time or in the right tone of voice, while completely letting off people who kept their yap shut throughout.

• The Nintendo Switch

I put spoiler tags on Advance's post. Be mindful of what you put in plain view of others - there are those who haven't gotten the game yet and who would prefer not to learn such details before they've gotten the chance to experience it for themselves.

• Alright, having played Fire Emblem Warriors a fair bit by now, I have some thoughts on it. The first thing to note is that Fire Emblem mechanics blend rather well into the Musou-style of gameplay. The developers have done a good job in making the weapon triangle feel as important here as it does in the main Fire Emblem games, which is commendable. However, the developers have not done a very good job in balancing this system. The game is practically drowning in sword-wielders, which makes the de…

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Bill: “The biggest difference between Super Mario Odyssey Breath of the Wild for me is this: Super Mario Odyssey seems perfect and fully realized. It is hard for me to even imagine how it could be better or where Mario could go from here. In contrast, as great as Breath of the Wild is, I see so much untapped potential and room for improvement. ” I can definitely see where you're coming from with this. But to me, the difference between the two is more prevalent in how open Breath of th…

• The Nintendo Switch

I was unfortunate enough to receive Fire Emblem Warriors in the mail on Thursday. Picked up Super Mario Odyssey on Friday. I wasn't even done with Stardew Valley.

• The Nintendo Switch

That's assuming they started work on the next Smash immediately though, which isn't necessarily a given. Sakurai didn't get started on Smash 4 until after he'd completed Kid Icarus Uprising, which was several years after Brawl had been completed.

• The Nintendo Switch

To be honest I did expect them to port Smash to the Switch, and I even held a small hope that it'd be announced at E3, but at this point I think I can accept it if it doesn't happen. It'd be great to have the game on a console that I'm actually playing on, but that's the case with other Wii U titles as well. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, Super Mario Maker, Bayonetta 2 - these would all have been great to have on the Switch. That said, a port of Smash 4 would probably generate the…

• I'm still hyped enough for FE:Warriors to know that I'm getting it when I can. However, I have to say that the decision to focus squarely on Awakening, Fates and Shadow Dragon has dampened my enthusiasm somewhat.

• I'm not sure it'd matter if Demise, Ganon or anyone evil for that matter put on Majora's Mask, since it's a sentient being with its own free will and everything. It probably wouldn't have been able to manipulate Demise or Ganon, and we've already seen in Majora's Mask (the game) that when the mask is no longer able to manipulate someone, it will discard them outright and act on its own. As for who's strongest out of Demise and Ganon, I think Breath of the Wild has placed that particular match sq…

• I''ve been playing Stardew Valley on the Nintendo Switch, and more recently Shadow of War for the PS4. Both games require quite the time investment, and have very different approaches to how to deal with establishing and developing personal relationships. Very different approaches.

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Canyarion: “I'm pretty surprised to see so many people wanting to pick up Skyrim on the Switch. I honestly thought it was going to flop hard. I assumed Zelda would be more than enough for adventurers. ” I think Zelda may be part of the reason why people might be looking into Skyrim. Fantastic as Breath of the Wild is, it's been out since March and people who've been playing it since then are gonna be wanting a different, but similar experience. Skyrim can give them that quite easily.

• mediaite.com/online/mcconnell-…ng-legislative-solutions/ Premature to discuss solutions. PREMATURE. TO DISCUSS. SOLUTIONS. How fucked up is it that Republicans have become so utterly paralyzed to act when it comes to gun violence that they can't even DISCUSS SOLUTIONS

• Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Mod note: Please stay on topic in this thread. You may post your unpopular opinions and you may comment on others, but you may not go on tangents. Off-topic replies past this point will be deleted.

• The Nintendo Switch

I'm going to pay for a portable version, yes. I play with my Switch far, far more than I do my PS4, partly because I can bring the Switch with me. Hence I'll get more value with the Switch version of the game than the PS4 version. And, y'know, it's my money.

• The Nintendo Switch

I had Skyrim for the PS3. But I put the PS3 away because I have a PS4. Which can't play PS3 games. So I'll be getting Skyrim for Switch.

• Yet another reminder that there really is a tweet for every occasion with this guy. Tweet #1 Tweet #2 And just to drive the point home, there's absolutely no doubt that Obama would have handled this crisis a hundred times better than Trump has so far, if only because he's not a notoriously thin-skinned, immature, narcsissistic crybaby with the impulse control of an actual baby and a complete lack of any sense of professionalism, decency or proper decorum befitting the President of the United Sta…

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2

You guys are making me question my eyesight. You really don't think that looks better??