Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 201-240 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • The Wii remote's pointer controls were great.

• Galaxy is wonderful. Top-notch. Now you see why I am the GG mod.

• I decided to replay Final Fantasy XV again, as I haven't played it since I finished it the first time around. The story remains rather paltry, just as I remember, and the highlight is still the interactions between our four protagonists. I also forgot how much of a personality Noctis actually has. Something I absolutely love in this game that I hope other games do as well is giving you the ability to refill your stamina by timing your button press to just before you run out of it. The fact that …

• Donald Trump's cabinet appointments are a fuck of a lot more concerning than Trudeau's, at that. Betsy DeVos as Secretary of Education? Rick Perry as Secretary of Energy? Ben Carson as whatever the fuck he's supposed to be? And let's not forget the most egregious one, Scott Pruitt as head of the EPA. I mean, there's appointing people who're unqualified and then there's appointing people who are REALLY unqualified. If you've got a problem with Trudeau's appointments, who're at least qualified in …

• The Rain Beat Me

Abyss Master - - Modern Zelda

Or use the Zora armor to get up those same waterfalls. Even so, steep cliffs are not the same thing as getting over one or two rocks, and in the case of the Faron region, you have better options than climbing the cliff walls even when it doesn't rain, as climbing is more of a hassle compared to other methods.

• The Rain Beat Me

Climbing that "one fucking rock" can be done even when it rains. Keep in mind, rain does not make it impossible to climb something. It just makes it a pain in the ass.

• The Rain Beat Me

There are some areas in the game where rain can be very persistent. As mentioned, Zora's Domain and the river leading up to it are both plagued by constant rainfall up until the point where you restore the Divine Beast in that region. There's also a lot of rain in the forest to the south. Other areas have no rain at all. Death Mountain, the Hebra region and the Gerudo Desert are all areas where rain isn't a thing, for obvious reasons. In fact, the places where you do the most climbing - mountain…

• Quote from Bill: “Because, just because a potential factor has been identified, it does not follow that a legislative solution is appropriate. Using mental illness as a pretext for denying Constitutional rights is a very slippery slope. And these policies were not effective anyway. These "Obama-era restrictions" just happened to coincide with one of the worst periods of mass shootings in American history, again demonstrating the ineffectiveness of gun control measures.” Here is where you drop th…

• Quote from Bill: “No he's not. You're thinking about this far too linearly, which isn't surprising because you want Trump to fail. It's almost impossible for you to see it from the other side, so any argument you put forth about what is the best way for him to handle it is myopic, biased, and nearly worthless. Either you do not understand (or perhaps more likely) or won't acknowledge that this investigation has been used to undermine and attack the President whether there was any collusion or no…

• Quote from Bill: “The same people who pretend to care potential collusion with a foreign entity having nothing to say about HRC/DNC funding a British spy to compile a dossier. Can you imagine the outcry and calls of "treason" and impeachment if Donald Trump paid a Russian spy to do the same? The same media that claimed the integrity of America's elections was without question when they thought their preferred candidate would win, now often try to insinuate that the Trump presidency is somehow il…

• With the recent release of Shadow of the Colossus for PS4, I think it prudent to give that game some love. And what better way to appreciate the music of SotC than to go with the track that most encapsulates the feeling of taking on colossal beings. (Hidden Content)

• I've been playing Dynasty Warriors 9. Hoooooooooooo BOY this game SUCKS. It's the worst game I've played in years. Even as someone who enjoys the Dynasty Warriors style games - ESPECIALLY as someone who enjoys them - I can't find any enjoyment in this soulless, toothless slog of a game.

• Here's what I've got so far: PHYSICAL Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Street Fighter II: Ultimate Edition Lego City Undercover Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Edition ARMS Splatoon 2 Fire Emblem Warriors Super Mario Odyssey Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim DOOM Rocket League Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Bayonetta & Bayonetta 2 DIGITAL Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove I am Setsuna Stardew Valley Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Picross S I'm probably gonna pick up Kirby, Hyrule Warriors and Tropical Freeze when they hit the…

• Quote from MVS: “Projecting? I am talking about a quote from the developers. No I don't have it here, maybe I can try to search for it at another time. Furthermore, my point speaks for itself. You don't have to defend everything about a game you like. To me it feels gamey with exact "100" and "10 000". It doesn't feel grand to me, just plastic. If you can't see the "gamey"-part in that, well then it isn't much I can do about that I guess. ” If you were talking about a quote, then the least you c…

• Quote from MVS: “@Bill This is very subjective, since I don't like the concept of "memories", especially not the way BotW did it. It felt way too gamey for my taste. I don't think BotW's problem was the plot, since it is in the game quite nicely (for being a Zelda game). The big problem is how (badly) the plot was presented (according to me mind you). I think Nintendo tried too hard to make the plot "epic" and "grand". For example, 100 years? Really? 10 000 years REALLY? They said themselves tha…

• Quote from KeeSomething: “Worst of all, the world itself just feels like it has no history behind it. This one is a bit more hard to explain, but the world building just isn't there compared to an Elder Scrolls. In my opinion, that alone makes the world of BotW less interesting than something like Majora's Mask or even Ocarina of Time. ” This is the wrongest thing that anyone's said about Breath of the Wild yet. It can be argued whether people find other worlds more interesting than this one. I …

• [vote] Breath of the Wild Super Mario Odyssey [/vote]

• Nunes Memo

Abyss Master - - Serious Discussion

Quote from Bill: “They could and probably will to defend the use of the dossier to obtain a warrant on the basis that only parts were salacious and unverified. That seems suspect but could probably hold up. It doesn't change the fact that the dossier was compiled and funded by a biased source, and this information was allegedly withheld from the FISA court, and that the application allegedly heavily cited a Yahoo News article for which Steele was also the source. At best, I suppose you could say…

• Nunes Memo

Abyss Master - - Serious Discussion

Quote from Bill: “You (speaking generally, not to any particular individual) can run as much damage control and defense for these obvious abuses as you want, but you cannot get around these two highly significant facts: 1.) Comey testified under oath that the dossier was salacious and unverified. In other words, junk evidence. 2.) Andrew McCabe (and probably others) have admitted that with no dossier, there would be no FISA warrant. Beyond that, there is a deep web of factors and conflicts of in…

• Super Mario Odyssey

Abyss Master - - General Gaming

One significant benefit to there being so many Power Moons scattered all over the place is that you're encouraged to explore the environment and try things that seem intuitive, much like the Korok seeds do in Breath of the Wild. See something out of the ordinary? It's probably a Power Moon lurking.

• The Nintendo Switch

Mod Note: A whole bunch of posts talking about Super Mario Odyssey have been moved to the Super Mario Odyssey thread. If you wish to continue any of the discussions around the game, please do so in there. Similarly, discussions around any single game (whether on Switch or other platforms) should go to their respective threads. If one does not yet exist, anyone is more than welcome to be the one to start it. Thank you.

• [vote] Persona 5 Breath of the Wild Super Mario Odyssey Resident Evil 7 [/vote]

• I had a real craving for Metroid Prime the other day, so I decided to dust off the old Wii U and hook it up to the TV, for the first time in over ten months. The only other console I ever bothered to bring back out after having packed it away was the PS2, but while I didn't take long in putting that console back in the closet again, I see myself keeping the Wii U hooked to the TV for a while. I wanna play through the whole Metroid Prime Trilogy again, and then I reckon I wanna revisit several Wi…

• The versatile nature of the runes is one of my favorite aspects of Breath of the Wild as a game. It may be true that they see some repetition in their use by the time you've completed all 120 shrines plus the ones in the DLC, but I vastly prefer this sort of design over what we've seen in Zelda games before, which is items only having one or two functions. The item that by far has seen the most expansive use through the series is the bow, and Breath of the Wild carried that even further by givin…

• [vote] Persona 5 Nier Automata South Park: The Fractured But Whole The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Super Mario Odyssey Prey Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Resident Evil 7: Biohazard [/vote]

• Quote from Bill: “Wait, gun safety? What does that have to do with this discussion, and what is with people bringing completely irrelevant points into the conversation? Is it an attempt to deflect and distract? I don't want to get diverted, but the second amendment protects the right to own firearms, and it is not Republicans fault if people (mostly in Democrat controlled inner cities) abuse that right. It has literally nothing to do with whether we admit refugees from terrorist hot-spots, and I…

• Quote from Bill: “ Do you honestly disagree, legal definition aside, that most people would understand treason to mean prioritizing another citizens over your the people you are supposed to represent (i.e. your own citizens)? What is amusing is that the term was thrown around so flippantly during the Russia investigation, but to use it here is supposedly an outrage and/or very upsetting. Apparently: -A private citizen taking a meeting with a Russian to possibly gain dirt on a political rival = t…

• Quote from Bill: “Now we have a group of people in limbo who were given a false sense of hope by a President who overreached his authority with a unilateral decree that illegal foreign nationals could stay. And now the Democrats have shown us all that they are willing to shut down the government to protect foreign nationals. From a certain point of view, this seems like a mild case of treason. Democrats are prioritizing foreign nationals to American citizens. ” Oh come ON. First the inane "democ…

• I've been a bit out of the loop but apparently there's a chance the US will be going into a government shutdown? How the hell is that possible when the same party is in control of the Senate, the House and the presidency?

• The Nintendo Switch

Looks like a clever way of combining DIY with video games, but I'm not sold on the practicality of it. I can see the cardboard being torn to shreds pretty easily by careless children (because they're children) and I can see potential frustrations arise if the joy-con experience connection issues or have trouble discerning exact motions. And should a child get frustrated from such problems, they have easily torn cardboard readily available to take it out on. It depends on the price, I guess, and …

• Quote from Bill: “I have seen the mindset that people believe they are above certain types of work, or that fast food workers "deserve" to make $15 per hour, which is ridiculous. ” If someone's working a full-time job, they deserve to make a livable wage. Nothing ridiculous about that.

• The Nintendo Switch

Mod Note: Let that be the end of that. I expect all of you to be able to let people have their opinions, and to voice your disagreements in an appropriate manner. This discussion is over; any further posts will be deleted and warnings will be handed out. Please return to the topic at hand. If someone wants to continue the discussion on difficulty in games, I invite them to make a new thread. Thank you.

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from john_marston: “So you're telling me you play no 3rd/2nd party games? All I can say is you're missing out, being a fanboy is dumb. I enjoyed Dark Souls about as much as BotW. And Nintendo took some notes from DS for BotW. ” Quote from Canyarion: “Because I'm a Nintendo fanboy and I don't play non-Nintendo trash. I also remember the enmity between Sega and Nintendo in the 90s. And Dark Souls has always been associated with Playstation, so I learned to hate it. Or maybe I just don't like…

• The Nintendo Switch

Donkey Kong Country Returns would've had to have been touched up graphically if they'd decided to bundle them together, so I don't think it was reasonable to expect that it would happen. It would have been nice, but DKCR had its shot at not just the Wii but the 3DS as well, so I don't think it's that much of a loss. Plus, there's the fact that DKCTF really deserves another shot at the limelight, being one of the best 2D platformers the Wii U had and a spectacular showcase in rock solid level des…

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2

(Hidden Content)

• On what basis do you proclaim that they (presumably scientists who study this matter) "don't have a clue"?

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Maximizing damage output isn't always about waiting for the auto-attack sequence to end. It's very much about the context. Using an art at the end of an auto-attack sequence technically yields more damage than using it in the middle (and fills up more of the special), but as you proceed through the game, you will have far more options for damage output in combat and the idea of maximizing damage will have much less to do with timing arts to the end of auto-attack sequences than it will have to d…

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2

That isn't remotely close to describing the battles that I'm fighting in the game. Firstly, it's important to keep in mind that each Driver has skills you can unlock that will allow you to use arts much faster and much more frequently, some skills letting you use arts as soon as the battle starts and others letting you cancel arts to instantly use other arts. Secondly, there are accessories and pouch items that cut down on art cooldowns, meaning you have the option of significantly lessening the…

• (Hidden Content)

• Quote from Please Understand: “Quote from Abyss Master: “Rose and Holdo are not pointless side-characters, and it is a failure to understand the story to suggest that they are. ” Uh, they are most certainly side characters, now as for pointless... that is up to debate, of course, I am not stating that as fact, but if the story was better written they would be unnecessary, ergo, they were absolutely pointless to me. They created a couple arcs that only existed for those characters to get some scr…