Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 161-200 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • That's flattering, but unfortunately I wouldn't consider myself a super hardcore gamer or a super human in any capacity. You really should consider the possibility that you're missing something. The best way to determine this would be to describe in exact terms what keeps tripping you up when you play through the story maps? Is it that you die too easily, or that you can't keep important NPCs from dying or prevent your Allied Base from falling? There are ways to work around these bumps in the ro…

• The Nintendo Switch

Abyss Master - - General Gaming

I probably won't miss wild Pokémon battles either. I do hope that catching Pokémon will require a bit more than just throwing a Poké Ball, though. I always thought it made perfect sense that you had to weaken a Pokémon before catching it, and if that's gone then I have to admit that it's gonna feel a bit off for me.

• I breezed through all the story maps on Normal, Palace of Twilight included. As such, I really can't say that I understand much of the review in the OP. I certainly do not agree that the game is "unbeatable".

• Don't really have predictions. I've found E3 to be much more enjoyable when I go in without expectations. That said, I am quite hyped to see what Smash Bros. is gonna look like on the Switch.

• Very sad to hear the news about John Bain aka Totalbiscuit. Even though I was never all that into PC gaming, I liked listening to him speak and banter with other people on the Co-optional Podcast. He was reflected, articulate and witty in his commentary.

• "Samus' plan to adopt another Metroid was not going as well as she'd hoped."

• Mod note: We have an active Pokémon thread, please use that for Pokémon-related discussion.

• washingtonpost.com/politics/tr…-150pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory Well, he's pulling out. Not surprised at all. This is as Trump as things can get. The guy doesn't know anything and doesn't care to learn anything, so of course explaining things to him won't have any effect whatsoever. The rest of the world's leaders just need to get on that page and stop counting on the United States to lead on any issue from here on.

• With the next E3 around the corner, I've decided to "update" the title of the thread. Here's to hoping for further details on Prime 4.

• So I just saw it. Spoiler-free thoughts: I'm blown away. Let's just leave it at that. All ye who venture forth, be warned; there be spoilers past these waters. (Hidden Content)

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from MVS: “Brrr, they should leave the Country-series for a while I think. Sure now it is just a port, but still. I am so tired of 2D-games. Let DK go back to its 3D-roots just like they did with Mario. ” Leave the Country-series already? They only returned to it in 2010 after a 14 year hiatus, and we've only had two proper DKC games in 8 years, being DKCR and DKCTF. Also, Donkey Kong has its roots in 2D, not 3D. Same with Mario. Not that I would say no to a 3D Donkey Kong, but if we're ta…

• I remember ZU when...

Abyss Master - - General Chit-Chat

I remember when Jason «lost» ownership of ZU because of a «bet». It was an April Fools joke. Much fun.

• The notion of Zelda accompanying Link on his quest and serving as his designated companion, isn't a crazy idea at all. It's Spirit Tracks.

• The Nintendo Switch

In honor of Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, which is hitting the console soon, I would like to reminisce about what I consider to be the worst review of any game, written by a professional game journalist. gamespot.com/reviews/donkey-ko…eeze-review/1900-6415667/ I'm all for letting people have their own opinions, but I also think it's possible for opinions to be wrong if they're not founded in reality. And Mark Walton's assessment of Tropical Freeze is, to this day, the wrongest I've ever h…

• The Nintendo Switch

Take VGChartz with a bucket-load of salt. DOOM might very well have sold less than that, or more. What is undeniable is that DOOM has not seen the sort of success on the system that other cross-platform games have, like Skyrim and Rocket League. What is also undeniable is that cross-platform games can and do thrive on the system. It's pretty much a matter of finding the right game for the people who're gonna buy the console, and it may well be that Bethesda misjudged how appealing DOOM would be …

• The Nintendo Switch

It's imperative to remember that if you seek to compare the Switch to the PS4 and Xbox One, especially when it comes to their respective libraries, a fair comparison would be of the Switch's first-year line-up compared to the first-year line-up of the other two consoles. Otherwise you're giving the PS4 and Xbox One a rather hefty and unfair head-start.

• If it was possible to repair weapons before they break, what you'd end up with would be a system where players are encouraged to find the optimal collection of weapons and then constantly repair them whenever they get down to low durability. I prefer what we got. Because the weapons will break, you are instead encouraged to make the most out of them while you have them in your possession. You are encouraged to be stealthy, which allows you to take out enemies with sneakstrikes. You are also enco…

• The relationship between the overworld and the underworld in Zelda games is one that has remained blissfully simple ever since the first game in the series, so I don't think it's necessary or wise to get into redefining those things. Dungeons have always made up the underworld of the Zelda series, and I expect that to be the case for as long as the franchise exists. Breath of the Wild's underworld is unique in the series in that the game's underworld is split among the five (now six) dungeons an…

• I dunno, I've never really had a problem with electric keese as I tend to use bombs to take them out.

• This has to be a new game, or Nintendo is shooting itself in the foot so hard that it's gonna be felt all the way into the next generation. And I don't mean the next generation of consoles, I mean the next generation of people.

• Quote from Cajbaj: “Quote from Topaz Mutiny: “Brawl had precisely one bad mechanic ” You know that basically every change they made sucked, right? You can airdodge out of basically anything so there are no combos, gliding is weird and broken at worst and overpowered at best, there are tether-only recoveries all over the place, the game is overly slow, some characters have really long grab release so they're chain grab fodder, I could go on. Don't get me wrong, I like the 4 style way more than Me…

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Well, in fairness it makes no sense that you would be able to have Mikhail, Akhos or Patroka as Blades. They're very clear about the fact that it's not supposed to be consistent with the in-game story, it's just something cool for players going through the game a second time around. Mikhail being used as a Blade is definitely on the weirder part of the spectrum, but I think it's because the developers imagined the three of them as a packaged deal.

• It really is egregious how confusing the menu in Smash 4 is when you consider how it was in Brawl. 640 Simple, color-coded and easy to find your way around. Combining "Solo", "Vault" and "Options" into one - "Games and more" - was just baffling, honestly.

• Ridley is still too big. ec825018b7cc47e28890c2fdda66ac8e.gif

• The Nintendo Switch

Mod note: Seeing the need for a new general Super Smash Bros. thread (the old one is, well, old), I have decided to make one. Super Smash Bros. Official Discussion Thread: Bring on the Fisticuffs Please continue your Smash Bros. related discussions in there.

• At the end of the Nintendo Direct that was broadcasted on March 8th 2018, Nintendo showed off a trailer for Super Smash Bros. on the Nintendo Switch. youtube.com/watch?v=w3Gt42kVgCw The game's release is currently slated for 2018. The inklings from Splatoon are confirmed to be in this next iteration of Smash, and Link will be sporting his Breath of the Wild appearance. Link to the official US website is here. This thread will be used to discuss the following: 1. News related to any and all aspec…

• Quote from JP the Neurotic: “Should have stopped at beer ten ” we have a winner

• The Nintendo Switch

I've seen some people express doubts that this is a new Smash title because it's coming out this year. To that I say... it depends. First of all, keep in mind that while it took over six years between the releases of Brawl (early 2008) and Smash 4 (late 2014), that doesn't mean that Smash 4 took six years to develop. Sakurai didn't officially start on Smash 4 until Kid Icarus Uprising was released in early 2012, meaning that the timeframe that people have in their heads is completely off. The re…

• The Nintendo Switch

Seeing as we got some pretty neat announcements during the mini Direct back in January, and this one is gonna be twice as long, I'm looking forward to seeing what else is in store. I wouldn't mind seeing some details on games we know are being worked on but don't know anything about, like a lot of the games mentioned here. I would also be surprised if we don't hear anything about the Yoshi game. But as always, I keep my expectations in check. Right now I'm just looking forward to the ports we kn…

• Quote from MVS: “ According to who? You? I can buy the idea that the earlier teaser and trailers were more of a warm up... but that last big trailer before the launch of the Switch was THE trailer for the game, which should to a degree exist in a vacuum if you ask me. Most people don't watch every single trailer of a game, and that trailer was the first one to be represented as a Switch title and not primary a Wii U-title, so there is also that. Unless there is a specific title for the said trai…

• To be honest, that last trailer from the Switch presentation, besides being in my opinion the best damn trailer I've seen for any game ever, was quite indicative of the game in several respects. First of all, it really sells the idea of the huge, open landscapes, but showcases far more varied ones than the E3 2016 trailer did, which focused more on what you can do (foraging, surviving, etc). You see snowy mountains, arid deserts, lush forests and the like, as well as various settlements. They're…

• oCKE3.jpg Have fun, kids.

• Mod note: I've moved the dicussion around Final Fantasy XV (and other FF games) into the Final Fantasy thread.

• No skin in the game, you say? Well, to that I say: Wrong. Quote: “7. Over their full lifetime, the vast majority of workers end up paying income taxes and federal taxes.” Also, in case you missed it: Quote: “8. Federal taxes are just part of the picture. Most Americans also pay state and local taxes, such as sales taxes. These tend to be more regressive and hit lower-income groups harder.” Since you already accepted these points as being true, you have no leg to stand on when you claim that "peo…

• Quote from Bill: “Abyss Master: Everything you said is correct; however, none of it refutes anything I said.” Then I think it's strange that you never took the time to provide what turned out to be very important caveats to what you were saying about how many people pay income tax, and the supposed burden that places on everyone else. If everything I said is correct, and none of it refutes anything you said, then I frankly struggle to see what your point is supposed to be; after all, as stated i…

• Needless to say, the new Spartan training program was a disaster.

• Quote from Bill: “While I can't possibly know about the lives of ZUers (nor did I specifically refer to anyone), 44% of American Households didn't pay any income tax in 2016. So I can be reasonably sure that statement applies to a large group of people. If anyone inserted their personal case into my general statement, how is that my fault? nypost.com/2017/04/18/almost-h…t-pay-federal-income-tax/ Mitt Romney was excoriated for his 47% comment in 2012, but it's the shocking truth. It's a huge numb…

• Well, no, not when it comes to pointer controls. The Wii's pointer controls are still vastly superior to the Switch's version of it. Comparing how World of Goo, for example, controls on the Wii as opposed to the Switch is a clear demonstration of this (GameXplain made an excellent video on the subject).

• Well, Nintendo's platforms have always been a bit of an exception to that rule, especially when it comes to games taking advantage of unique hardware features. The DS and Wii are prime examples of that. The motion controls on Switch are about to see a lot more action with Nintendo Labo just around the corner. We'll see if Nintendo does anything substantial with them after that.

• After cutting herself for the fourth time in a row, Alice finally decided to try holding the knife at the other end.