Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 121-160 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • I'm gonna have to ask everyone to adhere to the mod note. From this point on, any post that continues discussing games that aren't Smash Bros. will be deleted.

• Quote from Miles: “Quote from Abyss Master: “I really did get it right about how out of place he looks when downsized. ” Ganondorf was twice Adult Link's height in OoT. Bowser's size has ranged between "barely bigger than Mario" and "a two-story building". And need I even mention Olimar and the Pikmin? It's simply a matter of pragmatism. Bowser and Donkey Kong are generally on the high end of how big they want player characters to be in Smash, approximately twice Mario's size. ” Two things: 1. B…

• I'm one of those people who actually opposed Ridley as a fighter when the debate first raged around who would get included in Smash 4. Now that he's officially in, one thing really strikes me... I really did get it right about how out of place he looks when downsized. Don't get me wrong - from what I can tell, the developers went out of their way to make Ridley feel as Ridley-esque as they could while keeping him viable as a fighter. He's constantly crouching, which helps with keeping his size m…

• The Nintendo Switch

Abyss Master - - General Gaming

I very much prefer the pro controller to the joycon-in-the-grip controller. However, I don't really mind playing with the joycon either, as I'm very accustomed to them after having played so much in handheld mode. The only discomfort with using the joycon now, that I've experienced at least, is when you detach them from the console. They feel almost weightless in your hand, which takes some getting used to. In the grip, it becomes less about a lack of weight and more about how small the controll…

• Indeed, Captain Toad would make a lot of sense as a newcomer. Even if he doesn't make the roster, I still expect to see him in some capacity. Maybe as an Assist Trophy? Or maybe there will be a Captain Toad stage? I'd also like to reiterate my belief that we'll see an ARMS character join the battle - I mean, it just makes too much sense - but I think it's gonna be just the one. It will probably be Spring Man or Ribbon Girl, and personally I'm holding a finger on the latter. I dunno, she just see…

• The Nintendo Switch

I'll be attending a wedding in Harstad in the weekend, so I bought Mario Tennis Aces this morning so it can download and install onto the Switch while I'm at work. Then I'll bring the Switch along with me when I depart later today, so I have something to do during downtime at the hotel.

• Even if you wanna put a new Mario rep in, I can think of better choices than a character who's already in as an Assist Trophy. Birdo, Kamek, the Broodals, even a fucking Shy Guy would be preferable in my view. Waluigi is far from the only character in the Mario series with personality and potential, so why people are fixating on him out of all people just reeks of "random memes" to me. That said, I wouldn't shed a tear if we end up getting no new Mario reps. I'd sooner have an ARMS character joi…

• The Nintendo Switch

The invitational definitely helped out with pushing the game to the forefront and keeping it in the spotlight for longer than it otherwise would have. And I have to admit, I did find it more enjoyable to see pros duke it out, rather than watching Treehouse people play kinda badly while trying to showcase movesets and items and the such. By the way, for those who are getting a sense of deja vu; this same thing happened a couple years back at E3 2016 with Breath of the Wild. nintendolife.com/news/…

• The Nintendo Switch

I've played through each of the eight characters' respective intros in Octopath Traveler. So far, here are my thoughts: 1. Combat can be a bit of a drag with just one character (depending on who that character is). With two characters, however, it suddenly picks up and becomes much more enjoyable. 2. I'm seeing the potential for some interplay between different characters' storylines. I hope to high heaven that we'll see this come to fruition in the game proper. 3. Every character feels capable …

• I decided to start a new game in Fire Emblem Echoes. It's been so long that I forgot what classes I should promote each of the Villager units to, so I just went with my gut: Gray -> Mercenary Tobin -> Archer Faye -> Cleric Kliff -> Mage So far, it doesn't seem like I made the wrong call.

• I found it. (Hidden Content)

• GameXplain put out an analysis of the trailer for Three Houses. They missed some stuff (check the comments) but it's got plenty to talk about. (Hidden Content)

• Here's the thing though; mechanically, we can say with confidence that Smash Ultimate is as significant a step from Smash 4 as Smash 4 was from Brawl. This we can base off of highlights from the Direct, extensive footage from the Invitational and Treehouse Live, as well as gameplay impressions from people who've spent a great deal of time with Smash 4 and who have also gotten several hours of playtime with the new game. The jump from Brawl to Smash 4 saw some significant changes in certain mecha…

• Quote: “I mean sure, we can't speak with confidence. Especially since all we've really seen is an early build, so it's subject to change. But we have seen gameplay and we've gotten opinions from professional players in both melee and sm4sh so we at least have a little bit of information to go off of. Aesthetically, it looks more similar to Smash 4 than any previous smash game. Watching the game, it feels a lot like watching Smash 4, even if they've made some changes to the game mechanics. Yeah, …

• Quote from gamtos: “Yet, if you look at how significant a step each new game made, there's definitely a case to be made that this game does not offer as much new content as its predecessors, which is the main appeal behind any sequel. ” But... there's no basis to claim that the game does not offer as much new content. It's not out yet. You can't make that claim without knowing exactly how much new content is in it. It's just unsubstantiated at this point. All we know is that every single veteran…

• There's no doubt in my mind that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate goes quite beyond the scope of being a port, even an enhanced one. At least, that's if we pretend that the word "port" means what it actually means and doesn't simply mean "looks kinda similar to the last game", in which case OH BOY are we gonna have to expand the list of ports a fuck of a lot. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate could sooner be called a remake than a port, but there's simply no reason not to refer to it as a bonafide sequel. By…

• Well, Bowser's Final Smash is still Giga Bowser and Little Mac's is still Giga Mac. It's just that the Final Smashes are all quick and to the point this time, with no lasting transformation. Young Link could still have a Final Smash that lets him transform into Fierce Deity Link for a flashy, devastating killer move.

• The Nintendo Switch

I started with Alfyn, and played through the first chapters of Primrose, Olberic and Tressa. The demo has cemented my purchase of the game as well. I'm gonna spend some more time through the month playing through the first chapter of every character, and see which combination suits me best. So far I think I'm definitely gonna stick with Alfyn and Olberic for sure. One thing I'm really hoping for is for some deeper interaction between the eight characters, especially the ones that are foils to on…

• "You want Ridley so bad? Huh?? YOU WANT RIDLEY SO FUCKING BAD??? FINE. HAVE -TWO- RIDLEYS."

• Mod note: I've put the quote war in the past few posts in spoilers, and I've taken the liberty to remove what I consider to be unnecessarily snide remarks. I expect common courtesy and decency from everyone here, and if you find yourself unable to behave, I would recommend that you just turn away and stop posting. Thanks.

• E3 2018: Nintendo Direct

One really has to wonder, what would it have looked like if Nintendo had elected not to reveal Smash Bros. in a Nintendo Direct prior to E3, but had saved the surprise announcement for the E3 Direct? Upside would've been people being completely blown away by the sheer magnitude of the reveal. Downside would've been no invitational. It's just funny to think about the fact that we're actually getting a Smash game in the same year that it was announced.

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Xenoblade 3 might have an entirely different system though. That's kinda the thing with bringing characters from the first game into Xenoblade 2. They're either going to be Blades or Drivers, neither of which are a thing in the first Xenoblade, which means neither role makes sense for Shulk and Fiora.

• I'm really digging the way they updated Link and Zelda's stances for this game. They both look much better for it. Also hot damn do I love Zelda's new look. ss_1.jpg

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2

How has this not been mentioned yet? youtube.com/watch?v=l0YTEPYAzuI Challenge Mode releasing on Friday. Shulk and Fiora from the first Xenoblade will be added as new Blades (and yes, Shulk lets you wield the Monado).

• Mod note: The discussion about character designs has gotten too far off-topic at this point, so I'm ending it here. Please return to discussing Super Smash Bros.

Quote from Mirren: “I'm still playing BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, and I'll likely pick up all of the following - Mario Tennis Aces Octopath Traveler Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate Starlink Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition Super Smash Bros. Ultimate So I'm more than set with games for the rest of the year and into 2019. I can definitely see why not everyone would be impressed by the rest of the Switch's 2018 lineup, but I have no doubt that it's enough fo…

• It's so weird how Sakurai didn't mention Ganondorf using a sword for his smash attacks when he was highlighting character differences during the Direct.

• By the way, as is expected, the official website has been updated: smashbros.com/en_US/index.html

I can see why some people came away from this going "that's it?" But I am not one of those people. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate alone made this conference way more interesting for me personally than any of the other ones. I am absolutely loving the look and feel of this new Smash Bros. game, especially with the updates that they've made to the fighters. The fact that this is the first look we've gotten, and it's less than six months until the game releases, is almost unreal to me. Apart from Smash…

• This game is the main reason why I was looking forward to this year's E3. I was not disappointed. EVERYONE IS HERE, BABY.

Mod note: Please make use of the official Super Smash Bros. thread for discussing details about the new game! Super Smash Bros. Official Discussion Thread: EVERYONE IS HERE

• This thread is likely to get a bit buried with E3 choo-chooing through town, but what the hell, let's declare a winner anyway. Quote from Conterez: “When you're both high as all get out, but you come down first. ” Take it away, champ.

• Another solid performance on the conference side for Microsoft, but I am left with some worries: - In terms of style, it resembled last year's conference a bit too much, with the "exclusives" and the "world premieres". - Way too many titles shown are coming out in 2019. WAY too many. - Several solid titles shown, but precious few that will give Microsoft any sort of edge over Sony's Playstation 4. Many of the games that were shown today are going to be coming out for the PS4 as well, and will al…

• Microsoft really is the one with the most to prove this time around. Last year was admittedly an impressive showcase of games, but a year later and they don't really seem to have improved their situation by any measure.

• The Nintendo Switch

I recommend picking up Stardew Valley as well. Pretty cheap, very relaxing and cheerful, and a great fit for the Switch.

• A'ight, let's go with Super Mario Odyssey for the next round. uploads1509475805303-8CSVEEt.jpg

• Quote from Please Understand: “There are bad apples in all fandoms. However, the most ridiculous thing is that people don't understand it's not her fault if the director and writer didn't write an interesting character for her. If they should direct their anger towards someone, surely it should be the higher ups, not the actors. ” The most ridiculous thing is that anyone would get so bent out of shape over a fictional character that they're willing to harrass people over it, whether it's the act…

• twitter.com/SWTweets/status/1003833275738013697 I know Star Wars fans have a bit of a reputation, but this is some bullshit.

• I do believe enough time has passed. Let's have a winner declared.

• MOD NOTE: The discussion about the Danganronpa series has been moved to its own thread. You can find it here: Danganronpa Thread: High School Shenanigans