Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 41-80 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • What Pleases You?

Midoro - - General Chit-Chat

That gif pleases me.

• Why are there so little white chocolate fans.

• Zelda doesn't appeal to me anymore

Midoro - - General Zelda

Quote from Aurelia: “Well, I like to think of it like this; anyone who is born in Hyrule, is considered Hylian (Link, Zelda, Impa). Anyone who is born in Korkiri forest is a Korkiri (Saria). Anyone born in Gerudo Valley is considered a Gerudo (Ganondorf). It doesn't matter what skin colour they have as long as they are born in the region they are from, just like it is in real life regions I suppose. ” Except Impa is consistently said to be a Sheikah, not a Hylian. Nowhere is it stated either tha…

• Paper Mario: Colour Spash

Midoro - - General Gaming

One of my biggest beefs with Color Splash is how the only 'race' there are, are Toads. I understand that Toads would be the prominent race in the Mushroom Kingdom and universe, but the issue with that is that there were plenty of other races in Paper Mario and TTYD. You also had friendly Goombas, friendly Koopas, Bob-Ombs, Mousers, and so many more characters who had their own little corner in the kingdom. But with Sticker Star, Color Splash and even Paper Jam, it's only Toads. The Koopas and ot…

• We have dark-skinned Hylians though. Just saying.

• Quote from Please Understand: “t's not fair that 3rd party games don't sell on Nintendo consoles for the companies that port those games, either. ” Blame the consumer then.

• Why would Link be bi when he could asexual.

• So a subordinate employee can't act like a child, but a CEO can. Okay. And before you get all sassy with me, let me make this clear: There is a difference between calling out on Nintendo in a respectable manner, and doing so unprofessionally.

Midoro - - General Zelda

I find it funny how people are saying that OoT Link was the first feminine Link, as though Link in TLoZ/TAoL and ALttP were somehow more masculine-looking. I mean look at him, Linkleapingdown.png Along with that nose, I see a dork.

• Sure, but it's reputation notorious. It's still not something you should, as a game developer, complain about anywhere publicly. If this were another employee, they would have been sacked.

• I am more than aware that Nintendo sucks with third-party. I would love it if Nintendo were better at that. But that doesn't change my perception of what I think of Thomas Mahler on a personal level, and given his reaction and where he took it, maybe he doesn't deserve a devkit. The fact he went to Neogaf makes me inclined to believe he only wanted a devkit for the purpose of leaking it. I want a NX reveal, but not underhand tactics.

Midoro - - General Zelda

Ignoring the other discourse, my thought is this: Why should any of us care that Zelda doesn't appeal to you? There's plenty of members on the ZU forums who have moved on from Zelda, or Nintendo as a whole. It really makes no difference.

• Quote from Please Understand: “To be fair there is nothing anyone can say that will make them look better than Nintendo to you, so there isn't much point in arguing is there? ” Excuse me? So just because I didn't like how a guy unprofessionally complained at a leaker forum and wasn't handed a devkit, that makes me a blind Nintendo fanboy? You realize I could take that same logic and call you a Moon Studios fanboy, since clearly you cannot see how immaturely the guy acted. This isn't even about t…

• I read over all your posts. You never mentioned a wedding. Edit: Oh wait I think you did.

• Quote from Ambient Nomad: “but developers want to like.. eat, and stuff. ” You're saying it as though they have no platform to develop for. They do. The fact that he complained at Neogaf, a forum notorious for leaks and rumors, is really telling about his motives. He didn't just complain, but bitched about it and made himself seem like a special snowflake. Here's the reality: Just because you developed a critically acclaimed game that won game of the year, does not mean you get special treatment…

• Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Japanese to English translations aren't a smooth transition by any means, no matter what the masses like to think. The goal with localizations is not just to translate a product, but also to present it in a way that makes sense to the audience. Certain things cannot be clearly conveyed between two languages without changing some of the structure. Sure I could do without the meme references, those can go, but localization itself is not an inherently bad thing.

I wonder if would be perma-banned if I posted a photo of one of those naked statues of Greek gods.

Since I keep being redirected to page 49... I actually really like the Gamepad. I mean it's not perfect, but it's still a huge improvement over the Wiimote. The touch screen I've found very useful in certain situations, especially in Zelda and Mario Maker. Yes I do get hand cramps, but that only happens if I play for hours at a time when I really shouldn't. On the current topic, I don't give a shit about nudity or suggestive themes in video games. I can see how they may offend people, but it doe…

• He ruined the opportunity by heading straight to Neogaf of all places to bitch about it. He's not the only one being withheld from getting a devkit. There is nothing you can say that makes Thomas Mahler look professional for what he did. It was very unprofessional.

• Thank you for thinking about me Cody. ='D

• Wayforward and Yacht Club Games. You missed the part of "who have a good relationship with Nintendo". Moon Studios has never worked with Nintendo before.

• Mafia T1: Day 3 - Good Knight

Midoro - - Mafia Archive

My vote is pointless but Kay made no sense with her Ruki vote after what she argued. [Vote]Kay Faraday[/Vote]

Midoro - - Mafia Archive

Quote from Please Understand: “Quote from Midoro: “I like how Kay argued over the morals of voting and then voted for Ruki because it was her birthday. ” Are you a vanilla townie, my good man? ” Do you realize that everyone is going to claim that, my good man?

Midoro - - Mafia Archive

Quote from Kay Faraday: “Quote from Midoro: “I like how Kay argued over the morals of voting and then voted for Ruki because it was her birthday. ” I only noticed afterwards that it was her birthday lol ” I like how Kay argued over the morals of voting and then voted for Ruki for no reason.

• I don't see why you wouldn't think so. Giving away your devkit to everyone and anyone just increases the chance of your console getting leaked. IIRC, didn't the Xbox One get leaked for that same reason? Thomas Mahler bitching at Neogaf only shows his true intentions of wanting a devkit. Nintendo is playing it safe by only giving devkits to those most trusted. I imagine some indies might have a devkit, but probably only the high-profile ones who have a good relationship with Nintendo.

Midoro - - Mafia Archive

I like how Kay argued over the morals of voting and then voted for Ruki because it was her birthday.

Only if you like boobies.

• So speaking of NX, what does everyone think of this Kickstarter game already targeting an NX release? I'm not sure how I feel about that. To announce an NX release this early when we still don't know anything about it makes this look like a marketing strategy. Nintendo doesn't seem keen to give just anyone a devkit, and it's obvious to see why. I mean, they refused to give a devkit to the team who made Ori and the Blind Forest, and considering Thomas Mahler complained about it on Neogaf, they we…

Midoro - - Mafia Archive

Quote from Kay Faraday: “Counterclaiming a real doctor is very situational, but in the right circumstances it could be pulled off. ” This post made it sound like you would be in favor of a doctor counterclaiming if done right. But if I misunderstood, then I misunderstood.

Midoro - - Mafia Archive

Quote from Please Understand: “Lol Gaines ” You might want to fix that typo.

Midoro - - Mafia Archive

There are only three power roles in this entire game, of which only two are town, and are at their most basic. In previous games maybe I could see soft-claims or counterclaims of doctors working without too much risk, but here there is nothing to keep a doctor safe. To counterclaim doctor would only cost the town. I hope you are not actually suggesting that the real doctor comes out, Kay.

• I would do backflips for a 3D Donkey Kong. Only without the bullshit of DK64.

• Super Mario Galaxy 2 only exists because they had leftover ideas they still wanted to use. I doubt it would become trilogy.

Midoro - - Mafia Archive

For town's sake I hope Harmonical is just a vanilla townie making a gambit. God do I hope so.

Midoro - - Mafia Archive

Quote from zoraluigi: “Why are my posts out of order, btw? are they above what I'm replying to for anyone else? ” Because Burning Boards is stupid.

Midoro - - Mafia Archive

Harmonical, you're the one who put the damn code there to begin with.

Midoro - - Mafia Archive

"Apples keep me away Dr"? Harmonical you idiot. [Unvote]HarmonicalHero[/Unvote]

• I think Nintendo would just be better off making their own original first person shooter instead of making a franchise that isn't into one. Unless you sorta count Splatoon.

Midoro - - Mafia Archive

Harmonical, could you maybe just play like an actual mafia player?

• Quote from john_marston: “1. I didn't mean at launch, I meant within about 1 year of launch (I'll edit it in). ” Doesn't matter. It would still be too early to make such an announcement when Sun and Moon would still be fresh.