Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 201-240 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Movies you've watched recently

Galedeep - - Entertainment

Zootopia is so good and the main reason I'm annoyed that Disney is largely focusing on remakes and reboot/sequels rather than originals for their main banner films.

• Wonder if they'll de-age Clark Gregg since the movie is set in the 90s.

• I totally get why it's not considered the true or canon ending or whatever, but I feel totally vindicated in my decision to save Chloe and sacrifice Arcadia Bay in Life is Strange. Still need to play before the storm. I've been putting it off because a prequel that takes place so close to the original can only really end in one way hasn't been the strongest hook, but the reaction to it here and elsewhere has been positive enough that I should probably get around to it sooner rather than later.

• Forums or chat?

Galedeep - - General Chit-Chat

I'm fine with chats for one-on-one or similarly small scale interaction, but big chat rooms with lots of participants make me anxious. I just don't know the etiquette of how to approach them. Do I have to announce my presence when I've joined? Say bye when I leave? Can I just jump in and interject myself into a conversation happening between two or three people? What happens if another conversation starts in the middle of one I'm having, am I supposed to just keep going or stop and give the othe…

• Final trailer! youtube.com/watch?v=QwievZ1Tx-8

• Quote from LeoBravo: “So has anybody finished JJ yet? I need to talk to somebody! ” Your reaction is by far the most effusive I've seen to the season. Most every other reaction I've seen from people part-way or fully through it is tepid at best, but generally pretty negative. I'll probably still watch it at some point cause I did quite like that first season I'll watch Krysten Ritter in anything, but it's far from a priority at this point.

• Arry Potta

youtube.com/watch?v=_bUbEu3SlmE

• Disney Thread

Disney riding that nostalgia train as far as it will carry them. youtube.com/watch?v=PzcaR1N0pTI youtube.com/watch?v=425M4M3Opkk Carolwood-Pacific.jpg

• Quote from Avalanchemike: “If you'd asked me if Wynne was going to be Premier after June last year I would have told you it's the Tories race to lose ” Mute the TV when the Ontario Conservatives are on CP24 over the next week and just play this under it youtube.com/watch?v=gyZDZCGQJf8

• Black Panther might not be the best "comic book movie" in the MCU (in the sense being a high-octane, tightly paced action blockbuster), but it's probably the best movie in the MCU...and it isn't particularly close. (Hidden Content)

• Between The Shape of Water and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, Fox Searchlight films had 20 Academy Award nominations (the former winning best picture). So no surprise that Disney doesn't intend to make any changes to that area of their acquisition when it goes through. Quote from Bob Iger: ““We have every intention once the acquisition is approved to maintain the business of Fox Searchlight,” Iger told shareholders gathered at Disney’s Annual Meeting in Houston. “We think they’re in …

• ‘Star Wars’ Live-Action Series Sets Jon Favreau as Writer, Executive Producer No stranger to Disney or Star Wars (he apparently has an appearance in Solo and does a voice for The Clone Wars series).

Awards season is more or less over, so here's my thoughts on the rest of the movies that have been hyped for the last 2-3 months: The Post - It's hard to believe this movie has what must be one of the most winning formulas ever and yet is so lackluster. Speilberg behind the camera, Streep and Hanks in front of it, co-written by the guy who wrote Best Picture and other newspaper story Spotlight. But the whole is not really equal to the sum of its parts in this case. Don't get me wrong, it's a per…

• Time for some OSCAR TAKES: - Overall, the awards and the ceremony felt pretty perfunctory. I did better in my Oscar pool than I have...maybe ever, and it was mostly because it was easy to call most of the awards, not because I had lucky guesses. - The fact that the ceremonies ended well before midnight was a mixed blessing. On the one hand, the Oscars being on Sunday and going so late always sucks. On the other hand, they moved so quickly because there was basically no fun being had. #OscarsSoBo…

• Arry Potta

Deeper look at gameplay and whatnot for Hogwarts Mystery: youtube.com/watch?v=xAulFHyjFAI

• 2018 Albums

I haven't been able to dedicate as much time to music listening as I'd like to this year, mostly cause my ears have been messed up in one way or another since early February. Hopefully that resolves soon. Out of the ten releases I've checked out so far in 2018, only five are actually what I would call "proper" albums. Haven't listened to any of them enough to say if they're early contenders for album of the year status, but Jeff Rosenstock and Brian Fallon may have a shot, whereas that Tune-Yard…

• 2018 Albums

Master list post: 1. Jeff Rosenstock - POST- 2. Elizabeth Gundersen - Elephant Heart 3. Hussey - Hitchens 4. Tune-Yards - I can feel you creep into my private life 5. The Shins - The Worm’s Heart 6. EDEN - vertigo 7. Brian Fallon - Sleepwalkers 8. Car Seat Headrest - Twin Fantasy 9. Various Artists - Black Panther: The Album, Music from and Inspired By 10. Good Old War - Part of You EP 11. Screaming Females - All At Once 12. Logic - Bobby Tarantino II 13. Jack White - Boarding House Reach 14. Th…

• I adore Papers, Please. I'm considering buying it again for iOS just as an excuse to play it again. I'm hoping Lucas Pope's next game comes out soon, it looks really intriguing. Gonna earmark the short film to watch later.

• The combat in Andromeda is fun when you first start getting the hang of it - the feeling of zipping around a battlefield and taking down enemies is very satisfying...for awhile. The problem is after you've got a baseline on how to move around and figured out a solid power set or two, it just become part of the grind that is that game. Just repeating the same actions over and over again to wipe out whatever waves of generic enemies you happen to be facing. I didn't find myself getting bored of th…

• "What I Saw Treating the Victims From Parkland Should Change the Debate on Guns" Quote from Heather Sher via The Atlantic: “In a typical handgun injury that I diagnose almost daily, a bullet leaves a laceration through an organ like the liver. To a radiologist, it appears as a linear, thin, grey bullet track through the organ. There may be bleeding and some bullet fragments. I was looking at a CT scan of one of the victims of the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, who had been bro…

• Yay! I'm so glad you liked it, @Spagh! I was on vacation for a week so I managed to read quite a bit. I ended up reading a lot of comics I'd been stockpiling on Marvel Unlimited, but also finished Italo Calvino's If On a Winter's Night a Traveler, which is the first post-modernist novel I've read in over a decade (I'm thinking since Vonnegut's Breakfast of Champions) and yup post-modernist literature is weird. I also, coincidentally, read Andrew Kaufman's latest little novel, Small Claims. While…

• Quote from Keith: “So The Good Place just finished it's second season and hot diggity damn, idk if there was a single bad episode this season. It jumped through plots at breakneck speed so there was no filler, there was never really a dull moment and im super excited for season 3. ” This. show. If this show was just an incredible and accessible series about moral philosophy and self-improvement as told through a sitcom about the afterlife, it would probably be enough. (And that's setting aside t…

• youtube.com/watch?v=dNW0B0HsvVs Donnnnnnnnggggglovvverrrrrr

• What makes a good Mario game is going to have very little to do with what makes a good Mario movie. I'm assuming (hoping? expecting?) they'll be looking at stuff like The LEGO Movie and Wreck-It Ralph (which I haven't seen but seems like it'd be a good touchstone) for inspiration. If this ends up being a movie that's just about Mario rescuing Peach from Bowser by jumping on goombas I'll be very surprised.

• You know, I'm actually pretty excited for Black Panther for a number of reasons. One of those is definitely the soundtrack, which Kendrick Lamar is curating, even moreso since the tracklist was revealed today.

• yeahhh Netflix decided to market that series as something it very much wasn't and it sucked for anyone like me who got excited by the idea and then saw it wasn't going to be what they were selling at all. I watched the first episode. I liked Michele Dockery and Sam Waterston's moustache. Everything else, like most westerns, just made me want to put on Deadwood. Glad to see I needn't waste my time with watching the rest.

• We know more about what Wright's version has in common with the final product than what was different, and even then it's pretty basic stuff: The mentor/mentee relationship between Hank Pym and Scott Lang, the heist being the spine of the movie, etc. Most of the major casting was done under Wright so that all stayed the same. I've heard that Evangeline Lilly's role was much smaller in Wright's version but don't know if that's true or not. Edgar Wright has such a specific directorial style and I'…

• youtube.com/watch?v=8_rTIAOohas meh.

• My favourite iOS game is Solitairica. It's like...combat solitaire? It's good. All the other games I like (Threes, Hidden My Game By Mom, You Must Build a Boat, Chip Chain, Typeshift) don't sound like what you are looking for. I've heard great things about Gorogoa but haven't played it yet. I've heard the Civ 6 iOS version is good as well. I have this site bookmarked to go through sometime soon, may help you out some.

• I think Coco could have been put in the Best Picture category, tbh. Dunkirk will be my prerequisite Best Picture nominee that I won't end up watching. There's always one (last year was Last Flag Flying cause fuck Mel Gibson). Easy choice this year as well cause I don't like war movies.

• Happy Oscar Nominations day! Nominees are below, the awards are on March 4th so if you're like me and have only seen two of the nine Best Picture nominees, time to get your ass on the couch or in the theatre and start watching! Best Picture: “Call Me by Your Name” “Darkest Hour” “Dunkirk” “Get Out” “Lady Bird” “Phantom Thread” “The Post” “The Shape of Water” “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri” Lead Actor: Timothée Chalamet, “Call Me by Your Name” Daniel Day-Lewis, “Phantom Thread” Daniel…

• I was so confused reading your first paragraph because until just now I never realized that The Golden Compass was released originally as Northern Lights outside of North America! I read all of His Dark Materials years and years ago so I don't remember too much about them (I also read them years apart from each other so that doesn't help). It's a cool world, though. Movie did suck, don't think I finished watching it. I just had an experience where my attempt to go into a book clean was foiled. O…

• Arry Potta

youtube.com/watch?v=0aCPEgJz3uQ "The game is set in the 1980s, before Harry Potter’s birth and enrollment at Hogwarts, when Nymphadora Tonks and Bill Weasley were students. In the role-playing game, players will create a personalized student avatar, attend classes, learn magical skills, form friendships or rivalries with other students, and make pivotal decisions that will influence their character’s story arc — and how other characters regard and interact with them — as they progress through th…

• Quote from Spagh: “This year I'm attempting the 52 book challenge. ” My dude that is BONKERS. Last year I tried to do a book a month (or just 12 books in a year) and couldn't even do that. But I hope you pull it off and would love to hear about what you're reading. In terms of suggestions, if you're looking for some easy reads that are nonetheless really good stories, check out some Andrew Kaufman. If you're counting novellas, All My Friends Are Superheroes is really great, but I loved Born Weir…

• The Aziz Ansari story has been dominating conversations I've been having with friends and colleagues this week. Coupled with controversially received op-eds from figures like Margaret Atwood criticizing and/or cautioning against the places the #MeToo movement is/could be going, it seems like the movement has come to its first big testing ground/fork in the road/off ramp (I can't stick with one metaphor apparently). I can understand why this story has been more divisive in the public and the pres…

It's Awards Season, babies! Which means I finally watched Get Out (fantastic, creepy, not a comedy); was charmed by The Big Sick (summed up in a world - "likeable."); entertained-but-let-down by The Disaster Artist (would have been a better documentary); wept through Coco (top three Pixar movie); was intrigued by Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (also challenged by it); and engrossed by I, Tonya (not quite a redemption story). Still much to see and much to look forward to before Oscar N…

• The problem with Youtube

Quote from gamtos: “don't most videos that are just illegally uploaded music violate policy as well? ” My understanding is that the method they've developed to counter this is by using some sort of music-identifying software in place so that when a video is uploaded with a track that isn't licensed to the uploader, it's flagged and any monetization on the video is directed to whoever owns the publishing. Anyway, YouTube posted some Tweets addressing Logan Paul and their silence on the matter. Th…

Ah, from your initial post it seemed like you were criticizing YouTube for not taking action against Logan Paul when they did against PewDiePie (ie cancelled series), which didn't seem to be the case from what I was able to find. I do agree that YouTube needs to better enforce their content policy and better reprimand those who break it. Same goes for a lot of sites with massive amounts of user generated content like Twitter.

I'm not 100% sure on how YouTube Red operates (I also don't watch any of the content), but a quick look at some information on Logan Paul's and Pewdiepie's series leads me to believe that YouTube operates much like a distributor or network - and the series have production companies that actually make the content. So while YouTube can definitely enforce their own content policy and make decisions to pull videos or 'strike' the creators who use their platforms if they break their terms of service …

• AKA The Andy Kaufman Effect.