Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 121-160 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • E3 2018: Sony Press Conference

Galedeep - - General Gaming

I feel like I'm back in university attending a lecture.

• E3 2018: Sony Press Conference

Galedeep - - General Gaming

BRING. ME. SPIDERMIN.

• There's your celebrity cameo.

• I want to play a good pirate game but I don't want to play with other people.

• Did the lower third just identify this man in the banana yellow hoodie as "Professor Fat Shady?"

• I hope they leave all the mics live for 2 seconds after the presenters leave the stage so we can hear how giddy they are.

• JGL gives great hugs.

• I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game but just conceptually they seem bananas.

• Bonus points for employing Keith David's dulcet tones.

• Heya, I'm sure the video is fun and informative but it doesn't really fit this subforum's description. There's a Foodie Thread in Community Central; and if these are your videos feel free to make a thread in the Advertising subforum to post updates. But I'll be locking this one.

• Anthony Bourdain's death hit me like a body slam. The man was larger-than-life. His journey was a climb up the ranks of the culinary world, through the throes of addiction, culminating in literally changing the way people thought about food and travel. He broke down barriers of otherness that divided the international community. He advocated that sharing food and drink was a universal ritual that could only bring us closer together. And he did it all with a razor wit and sharp, intelligent writi…

• I'm pretty sure the only movie I've seen him in is Baby Driver, and I liked his performance. But I think I'd rather see him lead a TV series again than be a movie star.

• I'd be sad if Jon Hamm stayed away from comedy. He's so funny.

• I finally finished listening to Emma Cline's The Girls after starting it sometime in March. Didn't love it and kept ignoring it in favour of podcasts and the like, which is partially why it took so long. Eventually I jacked it up to 1.5x speed which not only helped me power through to the end, but actually made me like it a bit more since the person reading it was so. slow. (something I didn't fully realize was such a detriment until I sped it up and found it such a relief to be moving through i…

• Quote from Please Understand: “(Hidden Content) ” While overall small details, these kinds of things are big contributors to the overall "who cares"/"so what" reaction I had to so much of Solo. Like, as I mentioned in my last post, we don't learn anything significant or new about Solo that's actually interesting - anything new we do learn is just stupid details like the ones you've mentioned that aren't even fun or satisfying. And overall the most I can say is we learned than Han Solo, beloved s…

• The ZU Music Club

Galedeep - - Entertainment

Glad to see this thread is still attracting attention! Seemed like it wasn't gonna take off but we may make it to another cycle if this keeps up. @Fluttershy really enjoyed reading your take on the album. I think in your final analysis you sort of articulate a thesis shared by the podcast I linked in an earlier post - that the album doesn't have a story, but there's a thematic progression to it carried through the music and lyrics, roughly split into the adjectives of the album's title. Beautifu…

• 2018 Albums

I just hope the actual album material is better than Humanz.

• Solo is a bad movie pt. 2 now with actual thoughts attached (copied from my letterboxd review). (Hidden Content)

• Solo is a bad movie.

• Quote from Darth_Phoenix: “Will be interested to see how this affects Agents of SHIELD but since they've all but given up keeping the show part of the mivieverse it'll probably be ignored. >_> ” If you wanna know... They acknowledge that something is attacking New York and there's an outsized threat, but otherwise SHIELD ignores Infinity War. The snap has no noted impact. That said, this past season had a lot of stuff about multiple timelines and the future being altered so SHIELD could have jus…

• I feel like a "Save Everyone!" ending would be a fun bonus easter egg thing, but as a potential true (or "canon" or whatever) ending it would undercut the game's message of how there often are no easy choices.

• I liked Deadpool 2 more than the first Deadpool, for whatever that's worth.

• 2018 Albums

Oh that does sound nice! (though the new tune-yards isn't very good)

• 2018 Albums

not until I get a ring.

• 2018 Albums

20. Jimmy Eat World - Love Never / half heart (single) 21. Now, Now - Saved 22. CHVRCHES - [i]Love Is Dead[/i] Pretty slow month heading into the midyear, just two albums and one single - though any new Jimmy Eat World is a bonus and "Love Never" is a great summer rock jam. youtube.com/watch?v=mXExVFqrvgs But even though I only checked out two new albums this month (and one of them just came out today), it's worth it if that Now, Now album continues to grow on me. It's been hyped by a few music …

• Frequent collaborators Danny Boyle and John Hodge (Trainspotting, The Beach, T2) are on board to direct/write the new James Bond movie.

• Harvey Weinstein To Be Arrested on Friday in New York Time's up.

• Ford Tape II: Electorate Boogaloo.

• I was not at all excited by the prospect of a television adaptation of Watchmen, but have to admit that reading Damon Lindelof's five page letter to fans of the comic has me...if not excited, then at least hopeful. Quote from Damon Lindelof: “We have no desire to ‘adapt’ the twelve issues Mr. Moore and Mr. Gibbons created thirty years ago. Those issues are sacred ground and they will not be retread nor recreated nor reproduced nor rebooted …they will, however, be remixed. Because the bass lines …

• GLAAD's latest Studio Responsibility Index, which annually "maps the quantity, quality, and diversity of LGBTQ people in films released by the seven largest motion picture studios and their subsidiaries," has been released. While they note that the early portion of this year's release is promising, with films like Love, SImon and Annihilation having good LGBTQ representation, unfortunately 2017 was a step down from last year: Quote from GLAAD: “GLAAD found that of the 109 releases from major stu…

• Put me in the camp that is hoping a Life is Strange follow-up will leave the setting and characters of the first game behind and do something different. Really the major strengths of the game were in creating a sense of place and character (enhanced by stuff like soundtrack and voice cast) and the hope is they'll be able to do that again with a different setting and characters. The real question for me is what they'll do as the central mechanic. I suppose they could use the time reversal thing a…

• That final episode is a doozy. Though oddly enough I didn't really struggle with the final choice, it was pretty cut-and-dried. Contrast that with the Tali/Legion choice in ME3, which I literally had to get up and walk away from for twenty minutes before I could make it. Turns out I had enough points to save them both.

• I don't think you can die in Firewatch (I don't think there's a fail state at all). It's a narrative-focused game about isolation, choice, and a bit of exploration with some striking visuals. How much you enjoy it will depend on how much you enjoy those types of games.

• Ice Coooooollddddddd soundcloud.com/therealandre3000benjamin

• It's a very good workplace ensemble comedy from the guys who did the US version of The Office. Stars Andy Samberg (of The Lonely Island/SNL), Terry Crews, Stephanie Beatriz, and a bunch of other really talented and funny people - with Andre Braugher as Captain Holt being the "Ron Swanson" breakout character.

• It's that time of year when old shows are scarified to the Old Gods of Traditional Broadcast Television to make way for the new. Fox just had a Red Wedding-like massacre, cancelling Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Last Man on Earth and The Mick - essentially all three of their strongest single-cam comedy. While Brooklyn Nine-Nine stings, it had a great run (and has the most potential of being picked up elsewhere); it's The Last Man on Earth that bums me out the most and not just cause it ended on a clif…

• I remember ZU when...

Galedeep - - General Chit-Chat

Hi forte, glad I could contribute that small wonder. Can’t wait for the new album.

• I remember ZU when...

Galedeep - - General Chit-Chat

@Laikra has a legit instagram feed, can endorse.

• Quote from john_marston: “As Advance pointed out, their professional lives are at stake. You are writing for Empire and have hyped up TLJ for a year. And with Disney practically running Hollywood nowadays (hyperbole, but still), you don't want to be the guy to give it a 2.5/5 'it's okay' score. ” I'm not sure how one follow the other - ie that their professional lives will be threatened for giving a middling review rather than a positive one. A professional critic - staff or freelance at least -…

• Comcast is attempting to gate-crash the sale of Fox to Disney with a $60 billion cash bid. This is insane.