Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 41-80 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Red Dead Redemption: 2

Galedeep - - General Gaming

Played a bunch this weekend. Stream of consciousness alert A lot of the hype for this game is all based around the size of the world and how immersive it is. Initially that kind of confounded me, but by yesterday evening I was all about it. The amount of things to do once the opening chapter finished was...overwhelming. And even as (it feels like) I'm approaching the end of the second chapter it feels like I've barely scratched the surface. In the first few hours of playing that was almost stres…

• American Vandal Cancelled After Two Seasons I hate everything.

I don't think I'll ever play another game after this so it can take up all the space it needs.

• Return of the Obra Dinn coming next week. Papers, Please was such a delight so I'm all-in on an insurance investigation of a spooky ghost ship.

• I've only seen a couple episodes of The Crown but its a beautiful show, I do want to watch more. I don't watch any of those DC shows. GLOW is amazing, I'd watch that before finishing Kimmy Schmidt (which is also good but not as consistent - though its more comedy-inclined if that's what you're looking for). If you like really crass/gross humour (like seriously the most blue show I've ever seen), Big Mouth is one of the funniest shows being made right now, while also being one of the most accurat…

• I tapped out of Doctor Who early in Capaldi's run (not fault of his), but my abiding love for Broadchurch has brought me back for at least this first episode. I liked Jodie Whittaker's take on the Doctor a whole lot. Still some room to settle into it, but the childlike wonder and focus on the individuals around her were great. To the same token, focusing the premiere and introduction of this iteration of the show by making it a smaller story about saving just one person rather than a whole world…

• The ZU Book Club

Galedeep - - Entertainment

I don't really have the time to run a book club, but happy to administer (ie deal with post editing and other mod-required stuff) if someone wants to take the reins.

tbh one of my very few criticisms with the first RDR was the lack of depth in hand-to-hand combat. Fist-fights were more common than gunfights in the American West (as the latter would maybe end you an overnight in a jail cell, the former would earn you a noose) so the idea that you couldn't even knock someone out hand-to-hand never seemed right to me. Still need to watch the second gameplay trailer but I cannot wait for this game.

• Unless Murkowski and Collins are lying through their teeth, Flake has what he needs to force the investigation. what that investigation actually looks like and yields...

• 2018 Albums

'bout time for an update. 43. The Night Game - The Night Game 44. The Mountain Goats - Hex of Infinite Binding EP 45. Steven Page - Discipline: Heal Thyself, Pt. II 46. Noname - Room 25 47. Metric - Art of Doubt 48. BROCKHAMPTON - iridescence The Night Game is a fun little 80s-inspired pop record that I checked out on a bit of a whim. I actually quite like it, the whole mellow-ish throwback pop seems to really be turning my crank this year. I kind of feel like the vibe of this record is what Car…

• BoJack Horseman

The scene at the end of episode 10 pretty much pays off that whole bit spectacularly. As an examination of the Bojack/Diane friendship, this season is probably top tier to date.

• BoJack Horseman

Finished the season this weekend. Still a great show, possibly the best Netflix original. Overall I don't think I liked this one as much as the previous three, but those are pretty high water marks so that's still not a slight against it. Mostly I think the framing device of "Bojack makes a dark gritty detective show" not as interesting as what's been done in the past.

Lots of news out today, publications getting to put out their perspectives on two hours of gameplay. polygon.com/2018/9/20/17876570…lay-ps4-xbox-one-rockstar Shaping up to be everything I wanted and more.

• O DAM "‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’ Live-Action Series Set at Netflix" Quote from Variety: “The new show hails from the original creators Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, who will serve as showrunners and executive producers. The new series, in partnership with Nickelodeon, will be exclusively available on Netflix and will start production in 2019. ”

• youtube.com/watch?v=Z1BCujX3pw8

• I am floored at how American Vandal manages to both be a brilliant parody of the True Crime genre, a gleeful celebration of low-brow toilet humour, and a powerful and affecting examination of growing up in the digital age. There is no show quite like it. I don't think the second season quite hits the highs of the first, but that's largely because the first was such a surprise. But the casting for season two is remarkable - the kids they got to play the students of St. Bernadine's Catholic School…

• I've sunk a few hours into Spider-Man and I'd say the biggest factor that will determine how much you enjoy it is how much you're into just swinging around virtual Manhattan. The movement is absolutely top-notch, and it makes the map clearing element of the game (and there's more than a few things to clear) actually fun since just getting around is a fantastic experience. The combat is also good, it's based on the Arkham model but is richer in terms of gadget use and combat style. The skills and…

• The province will no doubt appeal, and with literally a month until early voting is set to open this shit show isn't over yet. But I'll take the early victory.

• Such disrespect to Carol Danvers ITT y’all are talking nonsense.

• First look at Captain Marvel ge3xbhis0gk11.jpg Full gallery here.

• Henry Cavill to Star in 'Witcher' Series at Netflix Superman.

• 2018 Albums

39. mewithoutYou - [untitled] EP 40. Dizzy - Baby Teeth 41. Jamie T - B Sides (06-17) 42. Ólafur Arnalds - re:member When it rains, it pours. After months of snapchat stories and vague tweets, podcast interviews and other general teasing, my favourite band in the world dropped a single on a Monday, then released an EP and announced an album on Friday. Predictably, I love the EP and can't wait for the album. youtube.com/watch?v=0rq9KsRzHFI That same day also had two more unexpected releases. I sa…

• May we be blessed with as iconic an image of Stockwell Day and his jetski. Politics and watersports, now that's a Canadian Alliance I can get behind.

• Quote from Galedeep: “Frequent collaborators Danny Boyle and John Hodge (Trainspotting, The Beach, T2) are on board to direct/write the new James Bond movie. ” Nevermind.

• youtube.com/watch?v=jwrr6aIWeus Most anticipated. WHO IS THE TURD BURGLAR?

• The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, has died at age 74. youtu.be/XHsnZT7Z2yQ?t=63

• I was right about Alice. I still don't understand her or Clover's outfits.

• I finished Virtue's Last Reward over the weekend. At least I'm pretty sure I did. (Hidden Content)

• The Oscars are making some changes. In addition to committing to a three hour broadcast that will see some awards given out during commercial breaks, then edited into the show later in the evening, the more divisive choice is to create "a new category for outstanding achievement in popular film." While I understand the desire to improve ratings for the awards show, this still feels like a weird choice, more driven by wanting to include more popular films while still keeping them out of the "pres…

• The Beaverton bringing the fire. The basic income pilot project provided payments to 4,000 low-income people in several Ontario communities, including Hamilton, Brantford, Thunder Bay and Lindsay. Single participants received up to $16,989 a year while couples received up to $24,027. Every dollar earned from a job would result in a clawback of 50 cents from the benefit. By contrast the PC’s new strategy will allow low-income Ontario residents to remember that fun Laker Lager jingle from the 90s.…

• 2018 Albums

35. Converge - Beautiful Ruin EP 36. Found Wild - Found Wild EP 37. The Essex Green - Hardly Electronic 38. Mythless - Patience Hell EP So it's been a slow month. Slow enough that I started checking out the weekly "new music recommended for you" type playlists that streaming services curate. It's actually yielded a couple investigations into new music from artists I hadn't heard of, but ultimately only one got added to my library for deeper listening. The Essex Green is a bit of a throwback act,…

• Musicals!

I like both stage and screen musicals. I'm lucky enough to live in a theatre city so I've seen a decent number of shows over the years - Joseph, The Lion King, Grease, Fiddler on the Roof, Book of Mormon, etc. Most recently I saw Come From Away. Seen a couple shows on Broadway too, but Beautiful was the only musical. Since I'm lucky enough to have the opportunity to see a lot of stage productions I'm a stickler for not listening to a musical's soundtrack before seeing it live. So even though I'v…

• I finished listening to Atonement some time ago. It's great. Gotta see the movie. I've started Scott Lynch's The Lies of Locke Lamora as my physical summer read. Patrick Rothfuss of The Kingkiller Chronicles fame highly endorsed it, along with a friend of mine. I've finished the first part and it's pretty good. Pretty dense fantasy, not as accessible as Rothfuss' stuff, and it's doing that while "two time periods" thing where I find one of the eras more interesting than the others. But it's abou…

• Arry Potta

Pretty much everyone is awful in the books to some degree. That's why they're so great.

• Arry Potta

I think I listened to all of Wizard People way back when, and tried to sync it to the movie once -- don't think I made it through.

• I remember ZU when...

Galedeep - - General Chit-Chat

Trust @Anime_Queen to do what most would consider impossible - capture the spirit and soul of an online community through the power of words...and what must be a painful amount of typing. It's honestly hard to wrap my head around. This whole thread has been a nostalgia trip but your words have managed to capture the ineffable quality of what this place is and has been that makes it so special - it's the sum of the people who have been a part of it. Short-term, long-term. Long-gone, still present…

• Since Disney has been getting trashed, I'll bring up Tendo Nagenda, who is the exec that developed and spearheaded Queen of Katwe being made - one of the best live action Disney movies ever made, despite a relatively modest box office and popular reception. He also pushed for Ava DuVarney to helm the Wrinkle in Time adaptation. He also played a role in putting together the Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast live action remakes - those successes are part of what gives him the clout and ability t…

• Quote from Ambiant: “Wow man thanks for clearing things up me. Hearing someone that works in the industry really does make a difference. ” No problem. I'm always conflicted when people talk about the industry as this soulless machine only interested in making money because there are plenty of parts of the business that lend credence to that perspective, but I think it sells short the many many people who do put a lot of care and consideration into the projects they work on, and push to get worth…

• Adult Swim is standing by Dan Harmon, so there's that. Quote from Variety: ““At Adult Swim, we seek out and encourage creative freedom and look to push the envelope in many ways, particularly around comedy,” the statement reads. “The offensive content of Dan’s 2009 video that recently surfaced demonstrates poor judgement and does not reflect the type of content we seek out. Dan recognized his mistake at the time and has apologized. He understands there is no place for this type of content here a…

• Quote from Ambiant: “I really want to get into the film industry. Sadly I don't know what steps to take without having to sell my soul to Hollywood. Hollywood is a machine, they don't care about things that actually matter, they only care about how people view them, and whatever makes them the most money. Speaking of that I dont even think they even make movies for that actually like movies. What I mean is that they are so concerned about selling their product to countries like China. Which to b…