Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 241-280 of 640.
  • Mafia XV: The End

The Missing Link - - Mafia Archive

I've been having a thought rattle around in my head the whole time... and it's one of those that goes like this: If my role is that people that I gather together will know my name, does that mean that, simultaneously I can trust them? It's been a fascinating question to pore over, and still one that I haven't entirely been able to answer... because so much is still unknown about my enemy. Do they know each others' names? Can they communicate with one another? Could someone who knows I am truly i…

Quote from Rambo: “Anyhow, in the night, I received two GM messages: one granting a Tracker type ability to track anyone who didn't have my trust; a death threat on my phone in funky wording. TML made some comments yesterday that I had originally chalked up to Roleplaying and adding his own flavour, but the bad English in the message caught my interest. After consulting with the family, I decided to track TML last night and it returned the result that he had visited @Topaz Mutiny. I'm a bit rush…

Peace, my brethren. Peace. I am here. And I will happily answer your questions. But first, let me address a thing or two. Quote from Foo: “It's not long before breakfast disapears and someone goes looking for seconds. They come back with something more than muffins. A note, pinned to the fridge: Quote: “Hello, cousins. I am writing this for you in ordor to help while keeping my identity secret. You can be sure that I am helpful to the town. Would Foo really make a mafia Modposter? I do not think…

• Quote from English: “[VOTE]Foo[/VOTE]” Already tried that, mate. Darn lawyers and their loopholes.

Okay, so I haven't made it to the end of the topic. Only at the end of page 27/30. However time is short, and I do need to finish up things before I leave for work. As much as it pains me to do so, I can't quite make heads not tails of things. [unvote]Ruki[/unvote] [vote]No eviction[/vote]

Last post before I retire for my midday nap. Quote from Rambo: “@The Missing Link As your distaste for a No Lynch has lead you to vote for a no lynch supporter, I will address you pinky finger being pointed my way as you toast to Ruki. These days are divided into Morning/Evening. I was simply saying GM information will be coming in through the day so we shouldn't be hasty in the morning. By all means evict someone before the day is over though. Might I add, I was intrigued by what ID had said th…

Okay, time zone time: I'm getting a shower and then will be off to bed, but I will check the thread at least once more before doing so. I may post, or maybe I won't. I will attempt to be up in the morning and catch up with the thread as fast as I can. Consider my vote somewhat placeholder in the meantime. I am hoping that I'll be able to change it, if needed, during brekkie.

Or don't bother since you've already replied? :p

Quote from Luka: “I misspoke. That is to say that there is a good and a bad already in-game. :P” FoS: Luka Be more specific. How did your line of thought go from "good and bad" to thinking about "killing roles"?

Quote from English: “I know what my role and alignment are now, yes. However, based on time, I received the role PM closer to my 11th post than to my 10th post. *shrug* Foo God can't always be around to watch us and take action just when the time is right. I guess it took him a little bit before he could get something to happen to me.” Oh of course. I suspect that the timing is somewhat arbitrary as even a GM who is on top of the game won't necessarily hit every mark exactly on cue. It's not lik…

So, English(a), are you saying that you have a role now? Are you able to, roughly based upon the TIME you received a role and/or were subject to the aforementioned strange events and circumstances, confirm that this was circa your 10th post?

Quote from Cosima Niehaus: “I'm wondering whether there's more to this story than a dead grandmother (may she rest in peace) and a group of cousins.” I am wondering the same... Quote from English: “I will have you know that I believed that early post counts may become helpful later. And I knew that if gamtos was going to post soon, I should make a post count since he always joins mafia games late and has a post count ready.” Helpful how? Quote from Argenteus: “Has John posted yet? Because he see…

Quote from Foo: “No employees or relatives of employees of Reagan, Sulmen, and Shaasc are permitted to gain monetarily from the adminstration of the Pachette estate, except in so far as they are collecting appropriate retainer fees, surcharges, costs of opportunity, etc. [It is not a legal vote]” Well, at least our dear departed grandmother hired some honest lawyers this time around. Though seriously, how long does it take for a will to be given to the family? Sounds like granny must have gotten…

Quote from Cosima Niehaus: “what is this stuff about legal votes lmao oh and hello i am here” Typing one-handed on s train whilst trying not to fall over. Game is 5/5 bastard rating. Could be secret rules or players. Assume nothing.

Okay, let's start the testing. [Vote]Foo[/Vote] @Foo, could you tell me if this is a legal vote?

• It's high time that I subscribe to this thread.

• @Malia, @Stryder Aedernis, here's why I'm confused: Quote from Malia: “Process goes: 3) Once approved, you wait 'til Marc gives a date for when submissions are opened publicly 4) Marc gives the date for when submissions are opened publicly, so that every person who has a game in waiting knows when that is 5) Day arrives, people post” Quote from Stryder Aedernis: “3. Once approved, they'll give you the go-ahead to submit it for the next available slot. You may only submit a game when the slots ar…

• Quote from Malia: “So yeah, I've had two people mention to me the quickness of my submission, and so felt I owed you lot an apology/explanation as to how it happened, and in the future, what will happen is we announce FIRST what time submissions will be opened so that we all get a fair shot at submitting a game with the knowledge beforehand of when this is happening. This wasn't deliberate, just a big miscommunication that kinda moved on its own afterward before Marc got the chance to do anythin…

• [daykill] Foo [/daykill] Er, I mean... [Vote] Foo [/Vote]

• I totally have a fun idea for secret codes for a future game. But that said, I'm happy about the decision.

• That was a very fun game despite almost being killed twice on N1. XD It's a very interesting setup! Colour me very intrigued by this one, @'Jamie Lannister'! You've definitely done things I wouldn't have done, but still a fascinating game that has challenged my status quo. Excellent job!

• Quote from Double A: “Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Pantheon is best Pantheon.” I laughed! Today has been very fun to read.

• Quote from John: “ In essence, it's just weak enough to mean that anyone could break it, if they wanted to, but doing so would be annoying and time-consuming.” I'm not entirely sure it's a weak as you claim. The classical cryptanalysis for Vigenère requires two primary sources of information: a large enough block of text and a relatively short key. You're looking for patterns in the words, hopefully hoping to find a single word or word fragment that falls on the same position within the key, and…

• Congratulations! /to be read in Super Smash Bros. voice

• Quote from Jaime Lannister: “Unless anyone objects I can open the thread earlier, say, 2 PM EDT? Unless everyone agrees to moving it up to an earlier time I'll open it up at 4 PM EDT as usual.” I'm not in the game any longer, but... if I can vote my 2¢, that's moving the beginning of day from 6am to 4am local time. Whilst in the game, I was already missing out on the EOD festivities, but at least there was a chance I would be there near the day's beginning (since my alarm is for 7:10). Were I st…

• Quote from Keith: “braille to english translation has not given me much success nvm i suck at ciphers” It's not Braille. It just looks like Braille. It's 5-bit binary. Take each dot (or space) reading left-to-right across each row, interpreting a dot as 1 and a space as 0. Chain them together into groups of 5 as a binary number. Then convert using A = 1, B = 2, ..., Z = 26. It reads: okayguyswhydontyoujustgetaroomalready

• ⠚⠋⠳⠇⠫⠂⠴⠯⠱⠼⠖⠿⠹⠘⠘⠝⠴⠙⠔⠫⠑⠻⠱⠁⠀⠟⠢⠑⠼⠂⠎

• ^ Next game, perhaps! Besides, there are things that I'm pretty decent at in Mafia that I wasn't able to get to do in this game that I'm hoping to do in a future game. Not being able to be around for EOD was a (Greek) tragedy.

• Quote from Malia: “@"The Missing Link" I was really impressed by some of your earlier posts in game where you were just digging at people. I was sad to see you go 'cause you produce some greeaaat analytical content.” And now everyone knows my meta. Thanks!

• And actually, I'm not saying there is more than one Death Framer, anyway. o_o

• (Okay one last post!) Quote from Double A: “Death Framer is dead. Only one Mafioso flipped per night. If there were more than one Death Framer, we'd see multiple "Mafiosi" dying per night.” Or not. What if the person who the Death Framer targets has to survive the night in order to work? What if the Mafia haven't targeted the people they've been flipping because they're playing a long game? It would be a rather interesting strategy to take.

• Quote from Jehanne: “ I don't really want to give many details about the object because right now only a handful of people are actually aware of what it is. It will be easier for me to spot those people if they slip up and say something that they couldn't possibly have known unless the object was in their hands. It would be good if I knew exactly who knows my role, instead of having to make guesses solely based on their behavior on Day 2. Not knowing has made me a bit jumpy.” Totes fair.

• Those who are dead and have flipped Mafia 16. Rambo - Definite Mafia; there wasn't any time for him to be targeted. 17. Saru - Definite Mafia; by admission. 11. Keith - Almost certainly Mafia based upon out-of-thread discussion. 28. Sam Nornal - Almost certainly Mafia, but this one I have such a less feel on. The out-of-thread information is compelling that it's a correct alignment, but I have much less strong feelings about this from in-thread info. 7. Cody - If there's someone who flipped Mafi…

• Quote from Kay Faraday: “How certain do I have to be? The obvious choices would be Shona, Ruki and Foo, although not as much Ruki. Just let me know if you want something more, although I'll be much less certain. You should also specify whether "trust" means townread or someone who would have my back. Nobody has really stuck out to me as untrustworthy either, although I feel like Rana has been laying terribly low and Silver has gone under the radar.” That was perfect, thanks. I always find it ins…

• Quote from Diego: “You want to laugh even more? Sam also went all "Muahahaha!" in the Hub thread, even posting "Evil Guy" music, so if the death framer indeed was used then it had to be Cody.” It was someone mentioning that that nudged me heading over to the Hub thread to check out that very post!

• Quote from Sabbo: “Well you've already described what it does - roleclaim, can only be used a certain number of times, and is passed to the person you used it on - but perhaps there was something else you don't think important. Did it have a name, for example? Was there anything you were told when you got it?” This is the extent of what I was aiming at. Someone mentioned earlier (ID? Foo?) that if you're going to claim an ability, you might as well just give all the ancillaries about your role (…

• that moment when your computer just turns itself off and you think you lost a post. thank you zu for backing up posts. thank you so much. So while I was reading up on the topic, I decided to catch up on the Mafia XIV Hub like someone recommended. And I found this thing: Quote from Keith: “I'm just gonna take this as a complement cause i thought i was doing well to balance between low and medium activity v___v” This is one of the reasons I dislike public threads where the dead can speak. I feel i…

• Up to Page 43: Quote from Argenteus: “False. Us both being innocent assumes we both targeted the same person. My explanation only assumes one of us did, and in raw probability is way higher.” The funny thing about Mafia, especially with Role Madness: You'd be surprised with some of the stuff that ends up happening. The most unlikeliest of things. It's pretty crazy. Quote from Jaime Lannister: “GM Pun: looks like he didn't keep a loki profile amirite?” [Vote]Jaime Lannister[/Vote] Because you des…

• Quote from Jaime Lannister: “(Hidden Content)” Okay, we're up to Page 38 and no one yet has seemed to catch the fact that Diego is claiming that Keith was a Lightning Rod... instead of Lightning Rod Maker. There is a fundamental difference. A Lightning Rod is what makes all abilities get pointed towards one person, but we know for a fact that that didn't happen because we have (very clearly) three different deaths. To put it mildly, in this event, Keith obviously did NOT use this ability last ni…

• So I've been extremely busy at work today, so I haven't gotten a chance to look at the topic today. I'm going to do my best to catch up with all the posts today. Prepare for some big posts soon.