Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 201-240 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Quote from Avalanchemike: “A white supremacist asked the Prime Minister in Quebec the other day a loaded question while her white supremacist pals were videoing. When the Prime Minister accurately said to her that "your racism has no place here." So naturally the Tories are defending her. ” There's no such thing as racism in Quebec, the Journal de Montreal tells me so. The real people being oppressed in Quebec are white francophones and if you are intolerant of the racism of certain Quebeckers w…

• ZU Podcast (looking for hosts)

Pietro - - Creative Corner

ZU Podcast Rebirth I made this announcement recently and I'm here to promote this recruitment further among the forum users. We're looking specifically for 3 hosts, our plans are to have a rotating group of hosts that will have 1 person who is part of the off forum community and 1 person who is a forum member to be in each of these groups so that each episode could appeal to all ZUers and have content that interests everyone. Quote: “General Host (≥3) You must already be either a member of the Z…

• 2018 US Midterm Elections

Pietro - - Serious Discussion

I don't know too much about New York issues, but I did hear about the IDC en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_Democratic_Conference and how Cuomo did nothing to stop these Democrats who were subverting the will of the New York voter, who voted for a Democratically controlled senate and received a Republican controlled senate because a group of 8 Democrats caucused with the Republicans despite still calling themselves Democrats. He only put his foot down and made them disband the IDC when he starte…

• Repost from Zelda! Quote from Pietro: “Today marks the start of ZUthon, a 100 hour celebration of Zelda where various ZU personalities play through Zelda games while engaging in fun banter on twitch. All donations will go towards Direct Relief which provides doctors, medicine and other supplies to help people in disaster afflicted parts of the world. directrelief.org/ Drop by from Thursday August 16th until Monday morning and hang out with ZU contributors for a good cause. twitch.tv/zeldaunivers…

• Quote from ecrofirt: “Quote from Violetlight: “@Dark Link Reigns You can get Legend of Dragoon on PSN. My husband plays it on our PS4. It's one of his favourites too. ” Wait, what's the one weird trick to playing Legend of Dragoon on PS4? I looked on the store and I didn't see it. ” I know that it was never put on PSN in Australia and I think it isn't available in Europe either. Not sure where you're from, but maybe that's it?

• Quote from Jackos: “Quote from Ty.: “Quote from TruEdge67: “I remember when the PS4 was the equivelant of $1800 USD in Brazil. They really got screwed over on launch. I'm not sure what price it is over there now. ” Probably still fairly absurd. ” Just for funsies I did a search: PS4 Pro 1TB costs 2899 Reais which equates to roughly 741 USD, so yeah still pretty stupid but nowhere as hilarious as the PS4 launch. ” Foreign made consoles cost more in Brazil because of import tariffs they impose on …

• Quote: “Now you're comparing Canadian dollars after tax with US dollars before tax, which makes no sense at all. ” No I'm not. I'm comparing Canadian dollars before tax a few years ago, with Canadian dollars before tax today.

• Quote from Canyarion: “Ok that's some interesting logic. "Games are so expensive in Canada!" "Can't you import from the USA then?" "No, if you take the exchange rate in account, it's just as expensive." And tax in the Netherlands is 21%, so 13-15% isn't bad at all. ” My salary isn't tied to the US/CAD exchange rate, so the price of Canadian games having risen 20$ over the past few years because of the exchange rate means that I still have to pay 20$ more. It doesn't come out all equal. You can s…

• thedailybeast.com/trump-and-om…d-fight-with-vietnam-vets Donald Trump had a fight with Vietnam vets as to whether Agent Orange or napalm was dropped in the helicopter scene in Apocalypse Now. Quote: “Attendees began explaining to the president that the VA had not made enough progress on the issue at all, to which Trump responded by abruptly derailing the meeting and asking the attendees if Agent Orange was “that stuff from that movie.” He did not initially name the film he was referencing, but i…

• 2018 US Midterm Elections

Pietro - - Serious Discussion

In November 2018 all the seats in the US House of Representatives will be up for election as well as a third of the senate and tons of state level positions that range from state house seats to governorships. The primaries are already well underway and there have already been some shocking results such as Ocasio-Cortez defeating a top ranking Democrat in a New York primary, which has been seen as a symbol of the change that is occurring in the Democratic party. A change away from establishment D…

• ZUthon starting today!

Pietro - - General Zelda

Today marks the start of ZUthon, a 100 hour celebration of Zelda where various ZU personalities play through Zelda games while engaging in fun banter on twitch. All donations will go towards Direct Relief which provides doctors, medicine and other supplies to help people in disaster afflicted parts of the world. directrelief.org/ Drop by from Thursday August 16th until Monday morning and hang out with ZU contributors for a good cause. twitch.tv/zeldauniversetv Schedule: Breath of the Wild - Part…

• I've been watching someone play We Happy Few through on twitch and its a pretty good game. I think the main reason for the poor reviews is the amount of hype it got, the only real issue I see with the game is the stealth mechanics which are pretty bad. Even the glitches have an old school charm to them, they're funny rather than game breaking.

• polygon.com/2018/8/15/17692384…rdic-timesplitters-crytek Guys, a new Timesplitters or at least a re-release of the originals might be happening

• Quote from Guinea: “So, aside from Odyssey, Botw, Star Allies and Octopath... ...what games shoud I get? You guys are the experts here, after all. ” Depends on what you like, but I would buy BOTW

• Quote from Vulpes: “What, are we complaining about not getting remakes now? ” Remakes or re-releases yes. I want as many games as possible from the history of video gaming to be playable and accessible on modern platforms.

• The amount of hyperbole that people have shown about this being the "end of emulation" and that now video game history will disappear forever is a little ridiculous. Nintendo shut down one rom site. I am told that there are still some sites where you can download the entire libraries of every console in single convenient complete sets. And there are likely at least tens of thousands of people across the planet (depending on the console) with these sets on their hard drive. There is no danger of …

• A long time meme on ZU has been my obsession with Grim Fandango and my anger at it being locked in Lucas Arts' vault, never to be re-released. That was until 2015, when my complaints were finally answered and we received Grim Fandango Remastered. In this thread you can discuss games that you loved growing up that haven't been re-released to be playable on modern systems. To keep things interesting please only discuss games that were released at the latest in the Gamecube/XBox Original era, as di…

• [Vote] Silver [/vote] SAD! LOSER! BABY!

• This is my dream.

• montrealgazette.com/news/local…fight-over-his-wifes-care This is Quebec, in all its disgusting and bigoted glory. Picking on an 80 year old woman with dementia and her 87 year old husband to protect the french language. Death to Quebec

• Quote from Mirren: “I also like how Nintendo is using Konami characters better than Konami has in the last decade ” Pachinko machines are an excellent platform for storytelling. Nintendo should add pachinko machines as an assist trophy, it just sits there when activated.

• montrealgazette.com/news/quebe…idst-conflict-with-canada lol SAD! Saudi Arabia is now supporting Quebec's separation from Canada, Saudi Arabia needs more practice in foreign political meddling, they're no Russia that's for sure. For one actually look up Quebec's flag, rather than using Quebec City's flag that no one actually recognizes.

• cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/dou…ces-buck-a-beer-1.4775959 Conservatives are the masters of projection, buying votes with cheap beer which sounds like something they'd accuse the left of. In any case the minimum cost of a beer will be lowered by 25 cents, hope the handful of quarters will be worth the cuts to "Ford Nation".

• Quote from Avalanchemike: “Quote from Pietro: “Posted this on slack, but I think its a good topic of discussion or free speech on privately owned platforms. After looking into it there would be some legitimacy in the free speech argument if Facebook were just banning people for being conservative. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruneyard_Shopping_Center_v._Robins held that people do have the right to free speech even on private property if its a space that is used by the public as a meeting space which f…

• Posted this on slack, but I think its a good topic of discussion or free speech on privately owned platforms. After looking into it there would be some legitimacy in the free speech argument if Facebook were just banning people for being conservative. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruneyard_Shopping_Center_v._Robins held that people do have the right to free speech even on private property if its a space that is used by the public as a meeting space which facebook, twitter, etc arguably is. However, it …

• Alex Jones permabanned from youtube for ban evasion. SAD! Now who will warn me that Pepsi has baby flavoring in it?

• ZU Podcast Rebirth

Pietro - - Creative Corner

The ZU Podcast is making a comeback to ZU and we want you to be a part of it. Keep in mind this is very early stages so some or much of it may change, but it will be a Podcast focused on both the ZU community and the Zelda series and we want people from all parts of ZU to be a part of it, that includes you. You can find a list of positions that we're looking for here. docs.google.com/document/d/10_…WV4vNc9yMK8KLYjYcdbA/edit and please direct any applications to this email address, please include…

• Quote from FroyoDragon: “ And agh, it's not gonna be the same to see you without the mod banner, Silver D: I hate change ”

• Game Boy Classic

Pietro - - General Gaming

I actually think a Gameboy Classic is a lot more likely. I doubt N64 classic is even going to be released because of cost and lack of library and if it is it won't be for a couple years. If a Gameboy Classic is released I assume it'll be GBC with a backlight rather than a classic Brick GB. As for the games: 1. Tetris 2. Super Mario Land 3. Super Mario Land 2 6 golden coins 4. Wario Land 5. Pokemon Red or Blue 6. Link's Awakening DX 7. Kirby's Dream Land 8. Kirby's Dream Land 2 9. Donkey Kong Lan…

• Amazing, I'm convinced that if he ran The Rock could possibly become the president. But on the other hand Kane used to be a dentist, so he's a professional at least. isaac-yankem.jpg

• cbsnews.com/news/bigfoot-eroti…votal-congressional-race/ America. Discuss. And strangely its the Democrat using the bizarre irrelevant personal attack and not the Republican. If someone is into bigfoot erotic fanfiction, then that's their business.

• Which consoles do you have already and what's your budget?

• I remember ZU when...

Pietro - - General Chit-Chat

Quote from Anime_Queen: “@Pietro - Likewise you!! How have you been? ” Pretty good, I've been happier than I've been at any point in my life the past couple of years :P. I'm finally involved in politics which is what I've been interested in for much of my life, I'm somehow head admin of the forum now which I never expected but I do enjoy and it was actually my birthday a couple of days ago. I'm really glad you're well and its nice to see you around, really all of you who came to say hello in thi…

• Quote from Silver: “thehill.com/homenews/administr…utiny-of-legal-immigrants Guess I'm lucky I'm technically not naturalised. And this goes to show that despite their claims to the contrary, the GOP isn't just against illegal immigration. It's against immigration, full stop. But of course, we knew that already. It also shows that those who argue the illegal immigrants "shouldn't have jumped the queue and should have gone the legal way" don't really have a leg to stand on if legal immigrants are …

• I remember ZU when...

Pietro - - General Chit-Chat

I remember you from back in the day, nice to see you here. *waves*

• Cable/Live TV Streaming

Pietro - - Entertainment

amazon.ca/Mohu-Leaf-Paper-Indo…sr=8-2&keywords=mohu&th=1 Bam, that's all I use now. Save so much money. Rest of the games I either watch at the sports pub or through illegal streaming.

• theguardian.com/world/2018/jul…-movement-become-so-white Very good article on Quebec nationalism.

• Also added fields for instagram, twitch, XBox Live and PSN. So check that out.

• Racism in The Legend of Zelda

Pietro - - General Zelda

The Zelda section isn't SD and discussions of this nature are to be had in SD. If you want to restart this thread in Serious Discussion you may, but keep in mind that the discussion will be subject to the same standards and rules of that board. Additionally we will be reviewing posts in this thread for rule breaking content.

• Sexism in Zelda

Pietro - - General Zelda

The Zelda section isn't SD and discussions of this nature are to be had in SD. If you want to restart this thread in Serious Discussion you may, but keep in mind that the discussion will be subject to the same standards and rules of that board. Additionally we will be reviewing posts in this thread for rule breaking content.