Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 161-200 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • ZU Podcast Rebirth

Pietro - - Creative Corner

And I just want to remind everyone that its still possible to get involved with the podcast if you want. Not for the first episode, but for the future.

• I actually enjoyed all the Telltale Walking Dead games. The major problem with the dev was that they didn't expand on the formula, after Walking Dead Season 1 they kind of sat on their laurels and didn't innovate or create an overarching story where your choices actually mattered, they never did and that was in a sense lying to the consumer and eventually those who wanted their choices to matter gave up. Walking Dead, Tales From the Borderlands and Telltale Monkey Island were great games and its…

• cbc.ca/news/business/a-public-…scalper-program-1.4828535 Honestly, call me naive, but I find this shocking. Ticketmaster is probably #1 or #2 (Admission would be the other large player) when it comes to selling tickets for events for everything from concerts, conventions and sporting events. And CBC's investigation team has found that Ticketmaster not only runs a ticket reselling site (which would be okay if it were just small resales), but goes into business with and knowingly supports scalpers…

• Quote from Sharia for the UK: “msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pa…BBNk9L7?OCID=ansmsnnews11 It's all over for Trump ” I've been saying since the beginning and you can find a year and a half year old post of me betting that Trump will be gone before the 2018 midterm and I still stand by that. (even though its getting close and it may happen slightly after depending on Mueller really.) There will be no impeachment or trial because the US establishment is too embarrassed to have a president behind bars…

• cbc.ca/news/politics/bernier-peoples-party-canada-1.4823647 It begins, there has already been a poll about a hypothetical Bernier party, but I wonder how the People's Party will do when its regularly included in the polls and whether he could successfully convince some conservatives into joining him if he gathers good polling in certain regions.

• Fair enough, you have the right to decide what activity you participate in on this forum. Everyone please go back to discussing whatever issues you choose. Any posts goading Bill for not taking part won't be looked on kindly, the discussion is over. On the topic of the much anticipated New York primary, Cuomo won, quite convincingly which is disappointing. But on the other hand 6 out of the 8 IDC members lost their primaries. The IDC were a group of Democrats who caucused with the Republicans gi…

• I'm fine with organizing this and will allow both of you input on how judging will work and who will be a judge in the interest of fairness. Maybe something like you each getting to submit a small list of potential judges from SD posters who are at least somewhat active and getting one each chosen from your respective lists (of course excluding anyone who has a serious history of rule breaking offhand, but otherwise allowing any active member whether right or left wing.) I will only intervene to…

• 2018 US Midterm Elections

Pietro - - Serious Discussion

Please go back to discussing the midterms. You can start a new thread on the topic of the Republican's handling of the economy and debt if you want.

• The supposed mystery of why African Americans and Hispanic Americans vote Democratic always makes me smile. The Republicans hate African Americans and Hispanic Americans and have been stoking hatred against these groups for votes since Nixon. Now that the chickens come home to roost they're confused. washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/cont…7/13/AR2005071302342.html cnn.com/2016/03/23/politics/jo…-blacks-hippie/index.html The only way to reverse this trend is to stop digging the hole the Republicans have …

• Nathan Peterman statline for his 3 NFL starts: Week 11 2017 vs Chargers 6-14 42.9% completion percentage 0 TDs 5 INTs Week 14 2017 vs Colts 5-10 50% completion percentage 1 TD 0 INTs Week 1 2018 so far vs Ravens 4-15 26.6% completion percentage 0 TDs 1 INT Yeah Nathan Peterman is a better QB than Kaepernick. And I feel bad for singling out Peterman because its not his fault, its the NFL owners' fault. Anyone who claims Peterman is a better QB than Kaepernick knows nothing about football. In anyc…

• Quote from Viajero de la Galaxia: “I'm also wary of becoming too comfortable with the idea that demographics will ensure progressive victories in the years to come. Obviously the momentum appears to be on the side of progressives at this moment, but in the long term what matters most is making sure your base turns out to vote. If progressives/liberals/etc aren't voting because of a lack of good candidates, voter suppression, or a combination of the two, then nothing will change. ” Yeah, I hope t…

• It seems that the Democrats are actually putting up a fight against the Kavanaugh confirmation unlike the Gorsuch one. Such as by hammering him on confidential emails that may show evidence that Kavanaugh committed perjury. huffingtonpost.ca/entry/pat-le…_5b9019bfe4b0162f472951ee Emails that expose Kavanaugh's views on a number of issues from affirmative action, Roe v Wade, warrantless wiretapping and racial profiling. nytimes.com/2018/09/06/us/poli…ugh-leaked-documents.html Glad to see democrat…

bostonglobe.com/news/politics/…jWMnwv4jaYTC1N/story.html Ayanna Pressley won in a Massachusetts Democratic primary against 10 term incumbent Michael Capuano and will be the next representative for the 7th district (no republican opponent in the general.) Good to see another Justice Democrat win.

• Quote from Sharia for the UK: “You do understand that that is not actually from the Cruz campaign, right? ” Yep, its the local republican party printing campaign signs supporting Ted Cruz. Quote from Sharia for the UK: “That all said, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar and you only make problems worse when you insult people like that. We have a society that we need to function and I think it's irresponsible that someone named this thread as they have. ” Why should the onus be on t…

• I suggest people try out Darkest Dungeon, but start off without the Courtyard and Farmstead DLC. A brutally hard, but fun game.

• twitter.com/rez512/status/1035234513486598144 This cannot be real... ffs Cruz.

• Quebec 2018 election blog

In my political life every provincial election has had a central issue that motivated the Quebec population, as well as myself. In 2012 the issue was the Liberal government's proposed tuition hikes which mobilized hundreds of thousands of university students and citizens to protest in the streets daily, resulting in a win by the PQ. In 2014 the issue was the anti-Muslim Quebec charter of values which would've banned people from receiving government services while wearing any religious symbol, th…

• First: youtube.com/watch?v=tejfvSrdU7E And now: usatoday.com/story/news/politi…ma-pass-candy/1173154002/ What is it with this guy and funerals? In any case, terrible president. But I love that he's a child.

• thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefin…players-who-kneel-baboons We're so lucky that the Nazis are stupid, like even in Quebec the racist candidates are getting taken down left and right because people still have this stupid idea that no one will ever find their old social media posts, you'd think that after the hundredth person gets taken down in the same way they'd get the message. I hope that they never learn this lesson and keep outing themselves, better than having them in office. Seriously though …

• Youtube is an amazing platform, where you can easily fall down a rabbit hole and discover something you never thought you would ever be interested in. Share the unusual channels you randomly found, but love in this thread so that other people can discover them. This is probably the most unusual channel that I regularly watch. youtube.com/channel/UC2I6Et1JkidnnbWgJFiMeHA The basic premise of the channel is a guy opening up MREs (both very old and new from around the world, but mostly US) discussi…

• So I've started playing Dead By Daylight and I'm an absolute mess at the game... Though its to be expected when starting a game that others have been playing for years.

Remember that this is the first election year that groups like Our Revolution are contesting and they're already having success against better funded candidates. This is only the beginning, the first steps of the progressive movement taking over the Democratic party. There have been loses, but also great successes and its very exciting and encouraging to see.

• cbc.ca/news/politics/liberals-….4801700?cmp=FB_Post_News Meanwhile in Canada, Seriously if the Liberals actually do follow through on a handgun/assault weapons ban I would probably vote for them, as it would be an extremely courageous decision.

• Hey at least he's staying inside the lines he's being creative, stop hurting his feelings! Insults like this are the reason he's president!

• Quote from Avalanchemike: “(Hidden Content) ” I'm honestly shocked that he got this much support this fast. He doesn't even have a party yet, he just announced he's leaving and 13% of the country followed with significant support in each province. Hopefully its just a blip. As for the Quebec numbers I'm not buying that 9% for the Greens as Quebec typically has among the lowest numbers for the Greens nationwide (likely because of there are 4 relevant parties in Quebec and now maybe 5 with Bernier…

Quote from Kokiri Kid: “Oh crap I can vote now! I'm gonna actual need to follow this stuff. Could somebody give me one-sentence unbiased description of each party or something? ” Will do in my next blog entry As unbiased as I can be, basically stating dry policy positions first and then later commenting on them.

• Quote from Zoran Hero: “McCain was a scumbag who helped push along the iraq war and decided the attempted healthcare repeal last year was a great way to get some extra attention and look like a hero by delaying his vote until the last minute. he supported almost all of trump's major policy positions but centrist dumbasses loved him because he would kind of grimace sometimes when he voted for the tax bill and for all trump's shitty cabinet nominations. the world is a better place without him. ” H…

• Last week our friends on the ZeldaUniverse TV twitch channel, as well as other staff members unaffiliated with the Twitch team put on the third annual ZUthon. ZUthon Zelda for Eternity was a 100 hour Zelda marathon which raised over 2000$ for Direct Relief, a charity that provides aid for populations who are dealing with both natural and politically inflicted disasters. Currently they are helping those affected by the California Wildfires and the Rohingya Refugee Crisis and while ZUthon is over …

• Quote from Vulpes: “We clearly have very different definitions of "great", Pietro. Look at all those multiplayer-only games! ” What's wrong with multiplayer only games?

• 2 great humble bundles are live. Jackbox bundle which includes the first 3 Jackbox Party packs humblebundle.com/games/jackbox-party-bundle And Spooky Horror bundle which includes DBD, Friday the 13th and Detention. humblebundle.com/spooky-horror-bundle-2018

SAD! of the day This morning Quebec Solidaire got caught up in a language controversy and in the day since the launch of the campaign this is by far the stupidest gaffe. Quebec Solidaire had announced on twitter that they would make sign language one of the official languages of Quebec if they were elected. To which someone responded "Quebec Solidaire is committed to making sign language an official language of Quebec. When will English be awarded to same respect?" Rather than just ignore the tw…

I just want to use this thread to try something new, every few days during the election I'll make a post with my thoughts on the election. If you want to read or respond feel free, this isn't SD and not a debate but conversations are cool. Along with the bombshell news of Maxime Bernier leaving the Conservative party to form a new Conservative party that has the potential to hand Justin Trudeau another easy majority government in 2019, it was also an important day in Quebec politics, the start o…

• cnn.com/2018/08/23/politics/du…argaret-campaign-finances Tough guy Duncan Hunter hiding behind his wife and blaming her for his criminal activity.

• I don't know, I listen to talk radio a lot and while that isn't necessarily representative of conservatives, I'd say that the vast majority of Conservative urban Quebeckers I hear comment are onside with Bernier in regards to supply management (while the farmers in the more rural areas are with Scheer on the issue), pretty much every conservative I hear on Montreal radio complains about "the high price of milk" because of supply management and how they could get it for much cheaper in the US. Wh…

• maximebernier.com/why_i_am_lea…servative_party_of_canada Quote: “If we want conservative principles to win the battle of ideas, we have to defend them openly, with passion and conviction. That is what I want to do. And this is why as of today, I am no longer a member of the Conservative Party of Canada. I want to do politics differently. I will find another way to give a voice to millions of Canadians. And I will continue to fight for Freedom, Responsibility, Fairness and Respect. ” The united C…

• Quote from Jehanne: “Is anybody doing the NES Maker? (New 8-bit Heroes) This is a program/interface that allows you to create games for the NES. I think we must have funded it on Kickstarter. Just curious! My son has just started. ^_^ ” I kickstarted it and will start messing around with it soon, pretty excited! NES Maker Posted about it months ago here

• How Are You Saving Money?

Pietro - - General Chit-Chat

- I have never had a cellphone which saves me so much, I don't keep up with the prices but I just checked 67$ for a smartphone plan from Bell, meaning I save 800$ a year on this alone. - Cancelled my satellite TV saving me over 80$ a month or over 960$ per year and replaced with with a mohu leaf which is an over the air TV antenna, giving you 12 or so channels for a one time price. - Don't have a car which saves me the cost of the car, gas, trips to the mechanic, parking and speeding tickets, pa…

• I don't know if this was a known part of the story yesterday or if this is a new development, but the woman who heckled Trudeau Diane Blain is a member of Storm Alliance and Le Front patriotique du Québec. And the Conservatives still support her over Trudeau. huffingtonpost.ca/2018/08/20/a…cist-comments_a_23505945/ Conservative commentators still say that him calling out racists is unacceptable because he wasn't being polite. What a bunch of clowns. twitter.com/LetroupeauQC/status/10313777173490…

• This needs to stop!

Closed for not meeting the standards of an SD OP.

• Quote from Hero of DINNER: “I'm honestly getting sick of both sides (alt-right and ANTIFA). They both seem to have a mentality of "If this group does it, so can I." I honestly used to have that mentality too and I did not have a healthy mind back then. I wish people would keep this out of a forum about a video game but whatever. ” There are about 20 other boards on this forum that don't deal with politics. If you are not interested in discussing politics on "a forum about a video game" then I su…