Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 41-80 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Dampé, possibly. It sounds specifically of him in MM, but it could be his OoT incarnation too.

• Oh, I was thinking on Zwoonix at work today while I was bored, in particular the potential gender options. Wouldn't it be interesting if picking one or the other offered certain unique opportunities, advantages, and/or disadvantages? Perhaps a male-oriented Link would have a hard time getting into the Gerudo territory while a female-oriented Link would have no problem. On the flip side, the former would have an easy time getting close to the Knights of Hyrule while the latter would need to deal …

• lol I can't wait for E3 to give us more to talk about than facial features on one piece of art.

• This is a much better analysis of the Sheikah object than HMK's, in my opinion. At first, I didn't think the bottom of it was a trigger, but after watching it a second time and looking at the image on my phone, I can see it really does look like a trigger; almost as if the tear of the Sheikah eye can be pulled out. My other thought was that this could be a new type of Sheikah stone, similar to the one in WW where it's the only one of its kind. youtube.com/watch?v=gnvuCzOQv9c

• I finally sat down and finished the last four chapters of Fire Emblem Awakening. I picked the "sacrifice Robin" route. Now moving on to Birthright. My only complaint about FEA is that I wished the avatar was included in the animated cutscenes. Would've been nice to see that, especially at the end. I also sat down and finished the FFXV Duscae demo (again, finally haha). I've tried three times to get through the demo because the fixed camera zoom and the controls threw me off. But after playing th…

• Quote from KingOfHeart: “Zelda NX news... maybe on the 27th. Even if we get NX news, we can also convert that info Zelda!” What? Where are you getting that date from?

• Quote from john_marston: “Quote from Canyarion: “Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses adds new dates - Nintendo Everything New Symphony of the Goddesses dates came in and look at this one: 06/13/2016 – 8:00PM Los Angeles, CA, USA Dolby Theater E3 starts on 06/14. It takes place in Los Angeles. That can't be coincidence. It could very well mean they'll also do something for E3, maybe a musical intro to the Zelda UX presentation. And that in turn could mean Nintendo will do a live stage presentation, …

• The Big Theory Q&A

Draug - - Theorizing

Quote from Evran_Speer: “Quick question; I recall hearing about a portal being seen in the sky above the Stone Tower in Majora's Mask. I never noticed it, but assuming that's real, is it still there in the 3DS version?” youtube.com/watch?v=Uwc-xiVOuuM I had to look this up because I've never heard of it. Apparently, it's something that appears above each temple after they're completed, but it's easiest to see at Stone Temple because the temple is so high. I imagine they're a way through which th…

• Quote from Canyarion: “Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses adds new dates - Nintendo Everything New Symphony of the Goddesses dates came in and look at this one: 06/13/2016 – 8:00PM Los Angeles, CA, USA Dolby Theater E3 starts on 06/14. It takes place in Los Angeles. That can't be coincidence. It could very well mean they'll also do something for E3, maybe a musical intro to the Zelda UX presentation. And that in turn could mean Nintendo will do a live stage presentation, instead of a digital strea…

• RUMOR - The latest round of NX rumors (power, Wii U ports and more) | GoNintendo Some interesting stuff here. Emily Rogers also mentioned she's heard similar things about the potential ports in particular. The OP also mentions checking with their sources about a May 9th reveal date for the NX, but I hadn't heard anything about May 9th so I don't know where that's coming from.

• Quote from IUHoosiersFan: “I just hope the game is playable without Internet connection. In Xenoblade Chronicles X, if you didn't participate in the online, grinding would be the most powerful hell of all time. And for Bloodborne, if your internet was out, you wouldn't even be allowed to play the game, offline or no. I already have a social life. Stop forcing multiplayer on me with the threat of not being able to play video games.” I hardly ever used an online partner in XCX and I had absolutely…

• Zelda Wii U New rumors!

Draug - - Modern Zelda

My only current fear about potential gender options is that the game will be programmed to make Princess Zelda into Prince Zeldan if a female avatar is chosen. That would be utter bs and just a slap in the face after their promises to be more inclusive in the next installments of games like Tomodachi Life.

• Zelda Wii U New rumors!

Draug - - Modern Zelda

Yeah but I doubt you would object if Nintendo reveals a little bit beforehand. ;P There was someone else in Emily's mentions who had some knowledge of these rumors as well, and someone else asked them if this meant we wouldn't be getting another Direct before E3. The person only said something along the lines of, "I don't want to spoil anything." So there's that, too. I'm thrilled by these rumors. If there is ever going to be VA in Zelda, I would want it exactly as the rumor describes. There are…

• youtube.com/watch?v=Ift-qifMVoA This made me laugh.

• Quote from Winnie: “sorry for the double post but I have to say I just started Shovel Knight and I love it! Specter Knight killed me about 20x before I finally beat him though!” I've played a bit of SK, and I'll admit I probably would have beaten Spectre Knight a lot faster if I had torn my eyes away from the awesome sprite work.

• I'm almost disappointed that all of these leaks are being proven true, but we haven't heard a single peep of Zwoonix that sounds legitimate. The closest thing we've had is that leaked promo pitch. I'm not a fan of leaks, but in this situation I'm hoping for one haha

• Well, we should expect an announcement of their plans for E3 somewhere between the end of April to the middle of May, if they follow the same formula of the past two years. But a new console could throw a wrench in that. We might get something once the fiscal year official ends and they have their investor meeting... It's hard to know for sure.

• Nintendo Talk (No Zelda & No NX)

Draug - - General Gaming

Quote from Please Understand: “Quote from Draug: “ Evidence is mounting for an NX-exclusive BGE2.” I don't see why it would be an NX exclusive, unless Nintendo partially funded it or something like they did with Bayonetta.” That's the rumor, yeah.

• Nintendo Talk (No Zelda & No NX)

Draug - - General Gaming

Ubisoft grabs new trademark for Beyond Good and Evil | GoNintendo Evidence is mounting for an NX-exclusive BGE2.

• Going into chapter 21 of FEA. The difficulty suddenly spiked at chapter 20. I was breezing right along and then I had to reset a couple of times. I can't leave even my more powerful characters charge ahead alone anymore, but that's all right. Just gotta grind a bit. Other than that, I'm playing Duscae because I've started it three times already only to put it aside for something else. But the Platinum Demo reminded me of it again. I hope they keep the controls from the demo over Duscae. Going ba…

• Someone retweeted Nintendo's April 1st Direct from last year and I was about to retweet it myself before I checked the date. -.-

• @An Hero of Time fyi, the voice actors for Kingsglaive are not the voice actors for the game, but I agree it's a little excessive. It was hilarious to watch it all unfold last night. But it's not much more than all that Nintendo did for Zelda's 25th. XV is a significant number, and it's obviously the most ambitious of the titles, so I say let them have fun. Everything I've heard about the game so far is positive. I don't think they would risk all of this if they had any doubts.

• Quote from JP the Neurotic: “Quote from Draug: “I watched the FFXV Uncovered event last night, and was reminded of how this is another open-world game that will likely be bigger and more detailed than Zwoonix. So, can Zwoonix's world get by on that old Zelda charm? We've seen only carefully curated pieces of the overworld, so it's hard to say. One can also argue the game's dungeons will be more of a focus point than the field... I guess it's just a matter of different flavors.” If you don't mind…

• I watched the FFXV Uncovered event last night, and was reminded of how this is another open-world game that will likely be bigger and more detailed than Zwoonix. So, can Zwoonix's world get by on that old Zelda charm? We've seen only carefully curated pieces of the overworld, so it's hard to say. One can also argue the game's dungeons will be more of a focus point than the field... I guess it's just a matter of different flavors.

• The FFXV Uncovered event was last night! The game is coming to PS4 and XBone. Do we still think it has a chance of coming to the NX alongside the FFVII remake? I'm trying to think of anything on a Nintendo system that would come close to FFXV's apparent scale and detail, and the only thing I can think of is XCX. Unless the NX is significantly more powerful than the Wii U... I don't know. I think the FFVII remake is a better bet, especially with it being episodic. I'm also disappointed that this …

• Quote from KingOfHeart: “Uh, why does everyone assume that Epona has to be the same horse? Why can't this new Link just name his horse Epona?” That's the point Zeltik was making, and I was saying. It could be that we can choose our horse, including its name. But she is referred to as "Epona" in the gameplay footage, so at the very least she fills that role.

• Zeltik raised an interesting point about how Epona looks different even though she shouldn't? I mean, Link's appearance can be tied to in-game plot, but something like that shouldn't affect Epona. He proposed that Epona can be customized as well. Maybe there's an early scene where we lasso our choice of horse? Either in the wild or on a ranch? That would be cool.

• Quote from Canyarion: “TPHD is the game they were releasing when he made that statement, so of course he's going to try and get people excited. Besides, it has some obvious similarities: horse-riding and large open land areas. That Hylia Bridge that we can spot in the second trailer? The game was so far away from release that I think it was probably a placeholder. They needed a bridge, they used an old model while they waited for the art team to create something new.” But... you can see the brid…

• So the thing that struck me today out of the blue at work were Aonuma-san's recent words in that Famitsu article. He spoke of how they had been using OoT as a base for most of the games since that one, and that it was time to switch up the formula. But he also said TP/HD is a driving influence behind Zwoonix... and TP/HD is an OoT clone... ?!?! Am I missing something here?

• Quote from Khao: “Rumors say that the PS5 is planned for 2020. I have no idea if the rumors have any merit, but if it's true, that'd mean four years of competition against current gen systems. That's a pretty healthy life for the NX even if it only matches current gen systems.” Sauce? I've heard only of the PS4.5 coming out in 2017. Nothing about the PS5. (And honestly, 2020 feels a little too late.)

• Nintendo has developed plenty of great games for the Wii U??? Not to mention a handful of second/third party stuff??? But the console turned off people from the start and with the shinier PS4's and Xbone's releasing they had no chance no matter how many games they developed for it. It's better for them to cut down on something that's not making them money. Look at all the hype surrounding the NX. Look at how much those fake controllers riled up the internet. People want something new from Ninten…

• Quote from Mango The Magician: “Quote from Draug: “I had a dream that Zwoonix Link had a glowing right eye that could stop time so that he could defeat enemies. Maybe he turns into a cyborg this time around. :O” A glowing right eye like the Hero's Shade? ” More like brimming over with shiny lol

• I had a dream that Zwoonix Link had a glowing right eye that could stop time so that he could defeat enemies. Maybe he turns into a cyborg this time around. :O

• Nintendo Has Released 8 Zelda Games Since Announcing Zelda for Wii U | Nintendo Enthusiast (Hidden Content)

• Waiting for that Zwoonix news like tumblr_inline_o4lr2etZXE1tjbx6j_500.gif Apparently Pokemon Sun/Moon is getting some footage revealed on a Japanese TV show on the 3rd!! Wouldn't it be great if that footage was shared internationally in a Direct alongside a certain upcoming Wii U game?? ;__;

• It's still the 26th where I am haha This also means it's been a year since the game was delayed, right?

• Quote from Canyarion: “Not sure how open world Mario would work. Isn't the point of Mario that you go from point A to B and affront anything in your path? Going around to it could spoil the fun. What I think worked so well in SMG was the linear progress. Not saying I want more SMG, because that also got boring in the end. Open world is nice and all, but it doesn't mean every genre has to adopt it.” I would like another SM game with the little pocket worlds like in SM64, each with multiple object…

• After a night of sleeping on it, gonna trade in the dumb TEW and out the meager credit towards my VLR pre-order.

• It's fake. Leaked NX controller confirmed fake by leaker himself | GoNintendo

• So I started The Evil Within. Got to the end of chapter two before I quit playing for the moment because my entire hour-ish long session I was like jck.gif This game is dumb. I went in expecting an RE clone, and it's certainly that--right down to the terrible writing and controls. I have no idea what's going on because the game jumps around like a fish and provides little to no context--and again, I'm only two chapters in. The city was literally falling apart and no one made a single comment bey…